• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Sorry Jack, but I've been searching and reading for days and can't find anything that relates to my problem, at least not obviously related.

First, I know, I'm behind again... have version 2.1d ORIGINAL updated installed, just downloaded your newest.

Not sure if your new version will effect my problem or not.

When a customer IS logged in, clicking on "Product Notification" works fine.

But if a customer is NOT logged in first and clicks on Product Notification, it takes you to the login page fine.

Type username & password, click submit... and a page not found 404 error (not my custom one either) is returned.

Click the browsers refresh button and you find yourself logged in but with the error message no username or password found.

Also the product is NOT added to your notifications list.

If I turn off SEO URLs then all works fine.

Any thoughts or ideas as to where to start looking for this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I just tried it here and it fails the same way. That's one of those things no one probably ever thought to look at. I don't know the reason why it is failing but I will take a look at it when I can.

Hi Jack,

Sorry to bother you again, but I was wondering if you ever had a chance to look into this problem yet?

I've tried different versions of the contribution and a few edits to the .htaccess file all with no luck.

I really don't know what to do other than post a message in the Product Notifications box to Log-In first.

Humm... maybe there's a contribution to allow anyone to utilize the product notifications and not just registered customers?

Maybe that would fix this issue?

In the meantime, I'm off searching the contribs again. whistling.gif

Thanks

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Sorry to bother you again, but I was wondering if you ever had a chance to look into this problem yet?

I haven't had much time to look at it but I do have a test shop where the problem doesn't occur and another where it does. They have the same version of Ultimate SEO installed so there must be something else in the shop that is causing the problem but I haven't had time to continue with it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the reply Jack.

I implemented a sort of fix.

The product notification box now only appears AFTER a customer logs in. whistling.gif

tongue.gif

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

My oscommerce has been very unstable after I have installed the Ultimate SEO. I cannot duplicate products and the spanish language title and description is always missing for newly added products. Anyone with the same problem? Anyone knows how to fix this? Any response will be greatly appreciated.

My oscommerce has been very unstable after I have installed the Ultimate SEO. I cannot duplicate products and the spanish language title and description is always missing for newly added products. Anyone with the same problem? Anyone knows how to fix this? Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Ultimate SEO doesn't change any of the working code in admin so your problem is elsewhere. I suppose you could have made a mistake when making the edits to the files in that section though so you should double check those.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

thank for that very cool contrib. I installed this contrib and it works so far.

But if I disable (false) this contrib by using the Admin Panel, the Web Shop is looping and give up with error.

Only the Index is working. IF I change the contrib to enable (true), everything is fine.

Whats is wrong? I need help :-(

BRGDS

Markus

Hello,

thank for that very cool contrib. I installed this contrib and it works so far.

But if I disable (false) this contrib by using the Admin Panel, the Web Shop is looping and give up with error.

Only the Index is working. IF I change the contrib to enable (true), everything is fine.

Whats is wrong? I need help :-(

The code is still seeing the cached values and trying to use them. On some servers, if you turn off the top setting and also clear the cache, that is enough to disable it. On others, you need to turn all of the cache options off before it is disabled.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

So i have looked through many pages of post and looked through the code...

I also looked through the install isntruction and i still can't find a solution to my category links not displaying properly...

what have i done wrong?

Ilan

Edited by iperez_genius

So i have looked through many pages of post and looked through the code...

I also looked through the install isntruction and i still can't find a solution to my category links not displaying properly...

what have i done wrong?

I know it can be difficult but if you can't state more about the problem than its broke, I doubt that you will get any help.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ultimate SEO doesn't change any of the working code in admin so your problem is elsewhere. I suppose you could have made a mistake when making the edits to the files in that section though so you should double check those.

Thx for the quick reply. I got the following error when I duplicate products in the same directory. How can I tell if SEO is causing the error or the UPS module?

------------------------------------------------

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-34' for key 'PRIMARY'

insert into products_to_categories (products_id, categories_id) values ('0', '34')

------------------------------------------------

The code is still seeing the cached values and trying to use them. On some servers, if you turn off the top setting and also clear the cache, that is enough to disable it. On others, you need to turn all of the cache options off before it is disabled.

Hi Jack_mcs,

Thank you for yor respons. The failure is still there. I disabled the cache and cleared the files on the server, but no helps.

I disabled the option in the htaccess also.

Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteEngine On 
#RewriteBase /osc_test/

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.domain.de

#RewriteRule (.*) http://www.domain.de%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^options\=(.*)$
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2%1

#RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

But no help at all.

I got the loop message at the i-Net browser

Hi Jack_mcs,

Thank you for yor respons. The failure is still there. I disabled the cache and cleared the files on the server, but no helps.

I disabled the option in the htaccess also.

Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteEngine On 
#RewriteBase /osc_test/

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.domain.de

#RewriteRule (.*) http://www.domain.de%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^options\=(.*)$
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2%1

#RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

But no help at all.

I got the loop message at the i-Net browser

I found out. If I change the html_output.php to the previouse without SEO, then it is running normal. Maybe there is a bug, if you disable the function?

Hello Guys,

first, I'd like to thank everybody that has contributed to this never ending 225 page contribution forum. :o

I have been developing my site for the last 1 1/2 years in my spare time, I put god knows how many hours in this project!

I finally launched my site about 3 months ago with about 16,000 products. :D

Before I lunched my site I was getting 15 to 25 hits a day which is ok since the site was not launched, right? ok, it's been 3 months since I launched and I am still getting 15 to 25 hits a day,, some days about 30 hits :blink: Is this normal?

The things I know:

1). I am getting ranked on google for some keywords

2). My SEO seems to visually be working on the browser correctly.

3). I have title,keyword,descriptions meta tags in most of my pages.

With so much product information you would think I would be getting more hits. :(

If anybody with SEO experience has a couple extra minutes, I'd appreciate if you can browse through my site and advise me on what am I doing wrong, what can I do to improve or if you see any "MAJOR NO NO" practices in my site that are not compliant/friendly with google and other major search engines. Site: http://youreshopping.com

Any help/advise will be very much apreciated,

Thanks,

Ronnie

Hello Guys,

first, I'd like to thank everybody that has contributed to this never ending 225 page contribution forum. :o

I have been developing my site for the last 1 1/2 years in my spare time, I put god knows how many hours in this project!

I finally launched my site about 3 months ago with about 16,000 products. :D

Before I lunched my site I was getting 15 to 25 hits a day which is ok since the site was not launched, right? ok, it's been 3 months since I launched and I am still getting 15 to 25 hits a day,, some days about 30 hits :blink: Is this normal?

The things I know:

1). I am getting ranked on google for some keywords

2). My SEO seems to visually be working on the browser correctly.

3). I have title,keyword,descriptions meta tags in most of my pages.

With so much product information you would think I would be getting more hits. :(

If anybody with SEO experience has a couple extra minutes, I'd appreciate if you can browse through my site and advise me on what am I doing wrong, what can I do to improve or if you see any "MAJOR NO NO" practices in my site that are not compliant/friendly with google and other major search engines. Site: http://youreshopping.com

Any help/advise will be very much apreciated,

Thanks,

Ronnie

Firstly this is not the correct location for you to get responses for this as you are requesting general seo advice and not support for seo urls vs 2.

I'll start you off though.

A ridiculous amount of code and javascript = very bad

2151 Errors, 94 warning(s) on validation including many base html errors = very bad.

Thank you for your input robert,

Yes, my code is not that pretty, I consider this site to be a prototype. I have installed and uninstalled many modules to get it to how it is know.

Once all final touch mods are complete, it will be re-done in in a fresh osc copy.

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Sorry guys, I apologize for this post.

Like Robert said, it is not the correct place for it since I am requesting general SEO advice and not related to SEO URLs v2.1.

If you have any advice/recommendations you may want to share, please email them to me [email protected]

Thanks again for your support,

Ronnie :)

I know it can be difficult but if you can't state more about the problem than its broke, I doubt that you will get any help.

i stated in a previous post

when i click a category i get this sort of url

http://shireen.com.au/-c-58.html

i dont know why the category names don't appear in the url

Ilan

i stated in a previous post

when i click a category i get this sort of url

http://shireen.com.au/-c-58.html

i dont know why the category names don't appear in the url

Ilan

You didn't state that in the post I responded to. I don't search previous posts to follow your problem (very few do, I would think), so if you ask a question, you need to be clear. The problem you decribe is typical in older versions of the contribution. Try installing V 2.2d_5. Also be sure the search engine safe option in admin is turned off.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Great contribution! I had issues with mb_convert_case() on line 1570 of seo.class.php and I had to change it to

$anchor = preg_replace($pattern, '', strtolower($string)); 

Is this going to cause me any problems (like hackers, etc?)

Also, I noticed that it only includes words that are 4+ characters in the name it generates from the product name. Does anyone know how to change that to 3+ and if that will make a difference? Thanks!

Great contribution! I had issues with mb_convert_case() on line 1570 of seo.class.php and I had to change it to

$anchor = preg_replace($pattern, '', strtolower($string)); 

Is this going to cause me any problems (like hackers, etc?)

Also, I noticed that it only includes words that are 4+ characters in the name it generates from the product name. Does anyone know how to change that to 3+ and if that will make a difference? Thanks!

No, it won't cause a problem. See the short word option in the settings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You didn't state that in the post I responded to. I don't search previous posts to follow your problem (very few do, I would think), so if you ask a question, you need to be clear. The problem you decribe is typical in older versions of the contribution. Try installing V 2.2d_5. Also be sure the search engine safe option in admin is turned off.

it seems you are right...i am using an older version...

Hello Friends

When i insert the code in .htaccess file...Browser display the Error no 500. But when i remove the code from .htaccess...Site working good without 'seo url'..

I am testing it on localhost(xampp server)

Edited by Jaskaran

When i insert the code in .htaccess file...Browser display the Error no 500. But when i remove the code from .htaccess...Site working good without 'seo url'..

What's your shops ul? What's in the .htaccess file?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello everyone!

I am new here and I have one question. I was looking at this thread and didn't find an answer to my question.

I installed Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_5 and everything works fine. Just one thing... I must use "Enter special character conversions" for 3 chars. It is working fine, but if I enable "Add category parent to product URLs" it doesn't converse it right. If I click on category the link is fine, but on product (category-product-p21.html) the link is not ok. It is corrupted (category name). And one more question. Is there any way to change format of link? I want www.domain.com/categoryname/productname.html and not www.domain.com/categoryname-productname.html

Thank you! Have a nice day all!

regards,

Aljaz