• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Sure, I understand, but the button code wasn't working before I tried the older code from researching someone who had a similar problem.

So restoring the few lines isn't going to change anything (other than bring me back to updated code, but on square one).

Thanks - any other suggestions for where I can find that & thing?

And just to make sure I am being clear here - I did restore the code (had it in history, so it wasn't a problem), but it seems like there is an "amp;" in the url for the buy now button.

And just to make sure I am being clear here - I did restore the code (had it in history, so it wasn't a problem), but it seems like there is an "amp;" in the url for the buy now button.

I guess the issue is that the session variable (the OsCsid variable) isn't being passed when the "buy now" link is used. Therefore, a new one is being generated and taking its place (thus starting a whole new cart).

Thanks for any help.

just wondering if that included the ability to place the category and/or subcategory as a folder (and with the *.html appended after that)

i'm actually doing this for the guys i'm working for.... their wanting it done soon.

is there a previous version u could point me to so i could try to get it to happen, hehehe until the new version is released that is :)

The current version adds the category as a folder but it adds them all, instead of just the one you want. All versions of this contribution change the url to end in html.

I don't recall the previous version but it would be one of mine. But the earlier versions had coding mistakes so I wouldn't recommend using one.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

based on a post by FWR Media elsewhere on the forums.

If you are having & & problems

Try this..

Find function tep_redirect in catalog/includes/functions/general.php

Find ..

header('Location: ' . $url);

Replace with

$url = str_replace('&', '&', $url);

-Dave

based on a post by FWR Media elsewhere on the forums.

If you are having & & problems

Try this..

Find function tep_redirect in catalog/includes/functions/general.php

Find ..

Replace with

$url = str_replace('&', '&', $url);

Thank you very much - that hit the spot!

Still, I wouldn't mind knowing the root cause of this. Unless it is something completely unavoidable with the contrib.

Sorry Jack, but I've been searching and reading for days and can't find anything that relates to my problem, at least not obviously related.

First, I know, I'm behind again... have version 2.1d ORIGINAL updated installed, just downloaded your newest.

Not sure if your new version will effect my problem or not.

When a customer IS logged in, clicking on "Product Notification" works fine.

But if a customer is NOT logged in first and clicks on Product Notification, it takes you to the login page fine.

Type username & password, click submit... and a page not found 404 error (not my custome one either) is returned.

Click the browsers refresh button and you find yourself logged in but with the error message no username or password found.

Also the product is NOT added to your notifications list.

If I turn off SEO URLs then all works fine.

Any thoughts or ideas as to where to start looking for this problem would be greatly appreciated.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

$cName = $result['parentName'] . '/' . $cName;

This cannot and will not work.

Dear Jack,

Kindly help us out of this problem.

http://www.mysite.com/accessories-handbag-........-..html

always better to choose dashes instead of underscores, but not that sure about category separators. In my opinion, / would be more attractive to users.

How to place '/' for subcategory in the URLs instead of '-'

When a customer IS logged in, clicking on "Product Notification" works fine.

But if a customer is NOT logged in first and clicks on Product Notification, it takes you to the login page fine.

Type username & password, click submit... and a page not found 404 error (not my custome one either) is returned.

Click the browsers refresh button and you find yourself logged in but with the error message no username or password found.

Also the product is NOT added to your notifications list.

If I turn off SEO URLs then all works fine.

Any thoughts or ideas as to where to start looking for this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I just tried it here and it fails the same way. That's one of those things no one probably ever thought to look at. I don't know the reason why it is failing but I will take a look at it when I can.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

...it takes you to the login page fine.

not on my test using my version of u seo urls, which is very much based on the version posted in 2005. after logging in, it take to the home page with the product notification in question added to my test account, which can be seen when clicking on my account.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

1- Add cPath to product URLs? *NEW* is not showing in my admin panel

2- if i buy productid=1 from product list page and click 'Buy Now' and on shopping_cart.php i click 'continue shopping.php' and then i buy productid=2 and hit 'Buy Now' it increase the qty=2 of productid=1. please help me and let me know where i did the mistake

Thank you

I just tried it here and it fails the same way. That's one of those things no one probably ever thought to look at. I don't know the reason why it is failing but I will take a look at it when I can.

Thank you Jack

I will patiently wait to see if a solution is found. wink.gif

In the meantime, should I update from my 2.1d version to your newer 2.2d-5 version?

The error is in the SEO class file. But i dont know if it is one part missing or and/ one part wrong in this section:

from the latest release seo.class file.

$x++;
               $this->default_config['SEO_ADD_CPATH_TO_PRODUCT_URLS'] = array('DEFAULT' => 'false',
                                                                              'QUERY' => "INSERT INTO `".TABLE_CONFIGURATION."` VALUES (NULL, 'Add category parent to product URLs?', 'SEO_ADD_CPATH_TO_PRODUCT_URLS', 'false', 'This setting will append the category parent(s) name to the product URLs (i.e. - parent-some-product-p-1.html).', GROUP_INSERT_ID, ".$x.", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),')"
                                                                             );
               $x++;
               $this->default_config['SEO_ADD_CAT_PARENT'] = array('DEFAULT' => 'false',
                                                                   'QUERY' => "INSERT INTO `".TABLE_CONFIGURATION."` VALUES (NULL, 'Add category parent to begining of URLs?', 'SEO_ADD_CAT_PARENT', 'false', 'This setting will add the category parent(s) name to the beginning of the category URLs (i.e. - parent-category-c-1.html).', GROUP_INSERT_ID, ".$x.", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),')"
                                                                   );

The config key 'SEO_ADD_CPATH_TO_PRODUCT_URLS' looks correct but not the description.

"Add category parent to product URLs?"

"This setting will append the category parent(s) name to the product URLs (i.e. - parent-some-product-p-1.html"

Is this description for another entry or is it only wrong??

2- if i buy productid=1 from product list page and click 'Buy Now' and on shopping_cart.php i click 'continue shopping.php' and then i buy productid=2 and hit 'Buy Now' it increase the qty=2 of productid=1. please help me and let me know where i did the mistake

Thank you

That's a known problem with the oscommerce code. There is a contribution to fix it but I don't recall the name. You may find it mentioned in this thread but finding it will be difficult.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you Jack

I will patiently wait to see if a solution is found. wink.gif

In the meantime, should I update from my 2.1d version to your newer 2.2d-5 version?

There have been a number of code fixes and improvements from that version but none that would cause any problems unless you needed the feature. So if it is displaying the links properly and you don't need the added options, then there's no reason to change. I went to your site to check some common problems with that version but it isn't enabled so I couldn't. But if you turn it on, one of the things to look for is the small word limit, which is set to 3 and can't be changed. That might produce a url for a with a name of "1927 Ford Model T Police Car" to be "1927-Ford-Model-Police-Car," which takes on a different meaning.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There have been a number of code fixes and improvements from that version but none that would cause any problems unless you needed the feature. So if it is displaying the links properly and you don't need the added options, then there's no reason to change. I went to your site to check some common problems with that version but it isn't enabled so I couldn't. But if you turn it on, one of the things to look for is the small word limit, which is set to 3 and can't be changed. That might produce a url for a with a name of "1927 Ford Model T Police Car" to be "1927-Ford-Model-Police-Car," which takes on a different meaning.

Sorry Jack, I turned SEO URLs back on. blush.gif

Oh, oh...

I have that, uhm, problem...

I have this =

http://handeshobbies.com/1927-ford-model-police-p-651.html

Instead of =

http://handeshobbies.com/1927 Ford Model T Police Car

Quess I need the new version then? huh.gif

I have this =

http://handeshobbies.com/1927-ford-model-police-p-651.html

Instead of =

http://handeshobbies.com/1927 Ford Model T Police Car

Quess I need the new version then? huh.gif

Also, your Car & Truck Model category gets changed to truck-models so, yes, I suggest upgrading. You can try changing the small word limit in the settings in admin first. You may have a version it worked in but I'm pretty sure it never did work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Also, your Car & Truck Model category gets changed to truck-models so, yes, I suggest upgrading. You can try changing the small word limit in the settings in admin first. You may have a version it worked in but I'm pretty sure it never did work.

Changed the small word limit from 3 to 0, it added the missing "T" in the product name but still have the hyphens "-" between words.

I'll start fresh tomorrow and update to the newer version.

Thank you Jack for helping me again.

not on my test using my version of u seo urls, which is very much based on the version posted in 2005. after logging in, it take to the home page with the product notification in question added to my test account, which can be seen when clicking on my account.

Ken

Hey Ken,

I thought all was working well after I installed Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1d ORIGINAL updated by FWR Media 7 Nov 2008.

The only modification to my site since, was adding Header Tags SEO v3.x.x by Jack, and I thought all was still working well.

Maybe I just never checked the product notifications after I created my button???

It wasn't until just the other day I played around with product notifications and stumbled across the problem mentioned. I tried changing some configuration settings for SEO URL's in the admin panel, but nothing helped until I turned it off.

I was checking in admin to see how I could tell when customers sign-up for product notifications (such as when products return to stock or go on sale) instead of just a newsletter. Unless I missed it somewhere, there's no way to tell. ohmy.gif

Since my inventory changes every few weeks and I have no clue for which products customers sign-up for I was thinking about adding this contribution - Automatic Customer Stock Update Notification. But it doesn't make sense to even keep the product notifications if it doesn't play nice with customers not logged in yet. And it's a feature my site really could use. sad.gif

Hi Jim

If you like you can test it yourself on one my demo sites (just append osc22rc2a to the end of my home page).

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

Thanks Ken

You're right, your site doesn't crash to a "Page Not Found" error.

But you do have a similar glitch.

If you create an account, log-in and then tag a Product Notification all goes well.

Log-out, then try to tag a Product Notification, sign-in page and continues as all is well. But checked my account, no Product Notifications listed.

I wonder what is different then between your SEO URL's and mine? At least yours continues without the 404 error.

Humm... shifty.gif

Hi Jim

you are right there was a 'glitch' there which is due to a mod I made to the application_top.php (for testing purpose but forgot to restore). After looking at the notification code & the log in code, it should in fact return to the product info page otherwise the product id may disappear, which results in notification not being added to the account.

Now, it should work as intented.

Ken

Edited by GemRock

Need Help.. I just installed the Ultimate SEO URL's... When I created the .htaccess file and upload it I get a 500 Server Error... My catalog is in my root directory.. I verified the code and everything seems fine..

If I remove the .htaccess my site works except I cannot goto any pages other than my home page.. Which is due to the .htaccess not being there.. What am I doing wrong..

everytime i feel sorry for people who dont know how important it would be to choose a host. mod rewrite should be installed by default on the server for a good host who knows what they are doing, or you have no idea what else may be missing until you hit a brick wall.

Ken

Need Help.. I just installed the Ultimate SEO URL's... When I created the .htaccess file and upload it I get a 500 Server Error... My catalog is in my root directory.. I verified the code and everything seems fine..

If I remove the .htaccess my site works except I cannot goto any pages other than my home page.. Which is due to the .htaccess not being there.. What am I doing wrong..

Problem Fixed... Server issue...

Quick question...

I have Ultimate SEO working great... Now my question is my URL structure is like this.. /anglerfish-p-208.html

Can I change the -p- to something else... Can I change the "p" to another word...

I uderstand that the -p- is for product and -c- is for category... Just would like to change the abrevation...

Thanks...

Edited by Oggster