• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

that could be true but i was referring to "occasionally(depending on which version of seo urls class you use)" in my post. i am not a fan of chasing 'new' versions given the fact that what this thing does is simply transform urls from a riddle-like style to a human friendly urls by incorporating names in them - if its been working then for me there is no reason for upgrade, and it is working beautifully albeit a few mods have been made to a very early version of original seo urls such as auto-redirect (with about 10 lines of code) to new style name-based urls those riddle style urls that may have been cached/indexed by google.

Ken

I was replying to the op's post, not yours. But contributions get updated daily. Some updates are not that importnat but the ones made to this one were. There were many problems with the original code that have been fixed now. If it is working for you, then you shouldn't upgrade. But, for example, I've ran across many sites that have three letter words in their categories or products. Older versions of this contribution would not show those and the shop owners never knew it. That option now works and that can make a big difference in the SEO of the url.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

How do I remove the latest version of Ultimate Seo Urls? I had some troubles with it and wanted to try another from FWR Media. I changed back all the modified files, but I am having difficulty making changes to the Database. I dropped one table, but I am finding some fields in the configuration_title table, which is within the Configuration table, that I can't figure out the MySQL syntax to remove "Add category parent to beginning of URLs?", and other related. It keeps coming back with syntax errors since Add and To are commands. I don't know much about MySQL. Can someone help me? I know, I should have backed up the DB before the install, but I didn't.

This is what I tried to run:

Alter Table configuration_title

Drop Add category parent to beginning of URLs?

Thanks,

Bruce

How do I remove the latest version of Ultimate Seo Urls? I had some troubles with it and wanted to try another from FWR Media. I changed back all the modified files, but I am having difficulty making changes to the Database. I dropped one table, but I am finding some fields in the configuration_title table, which is within the Configuration table, that I can't figure out the MySQL syntax to remove "Add category parent to beginning of URLs?", and other related. It keeps coming back with syntax errors since Add and To are commands. I don't know much about MySQL. Can someone help me? I know, I should have backed up the DB before the install, but I didn't.

Thanks,

Bruce

Could you also put this in the support thread for usu5 please.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/336702-ultimate-seo-urls-5-by-fwr-media/

Usu5 has in the install package a "database removal" for the old series 2 ultimate seo urls, but ... series 2 has been modified/raped and ruined by a number of "contributors".

Usu5 caters for the removal of the majority of the series 2 "modifications" in as much as the database entries didn't change .. just the code .. this however may have changed and I'll look into it if need be.

Thanks,

Bruce

This is the steps to restore the seo urls db entry (given that you already have the skills to interact directly with the db via phpMyAdmin):

step 1: browse the configuration_group table, look for SEO URLs under the column configuration_group_title;

step 2: after locating the record as mentioned in step 1, make a note of the configuration_group_id;

step 3: click on the configuration table and then click on the Search menu at the top;

step 4: locate the configuration_group_id under Field (or column as referred to above), then enter in the Value box the id you get in step 3;

step 5: click on Go at bottom right that will list all SEO URLs records;

step 6: select all records (Check All), then to the right of With Selected, click the red X to delete them;

step 7: run the sql script that comes with the Ultimate SEO URLs addon (the version you use, you should start with the earliest version (posted in 2005) - if you can't get the earliest versions work then you can forget all the others and NEVER try to get you hands dirty by trying the so called version 5.

It looks quite a few steps but you could finish doing it in a couple of minutes.

If you have any problem, you should post here. As far as I can see (although I may not be the one who answers questions often or at all) this thread and this addon is quite active and alive.

Good luck!

Ali

Hi All,

I have just stumbled across this great sounding contribution, requiring as best a possible SEO URL feature for my CRE Loaded Pro 6.4 store. (Web Host is Linux Server - PHP v5)

However, I've downloaded the "Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-5" version, started to follow the install instructions and can't find any reference to;

STEP #4 - Edit admin/categories.php

Find this code:

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

So in my Adobe Dreamweaver I have tried to locate this snippet of code with a search and it returns no such code, hence I'm completely confused as to why.

I carried on and skipped #4 and managed to get #'s 5 & #6 done, but it's pointless me moving on to #7 until I can get the #4 issue sorted and my e-store back online - it's My E-Store, as it's now not loading since trying to install this contribution.

I would be very greatful of any guidance or help somebody could give me, to help me get this contribution in place, working and my store back working.

I look forward to speaking with somebody soon.

Regards,

Rob

Edited by shopfullstop

Hi All,

I have just stumbled across this great sounding contribution, requiring as best a possible SEO URL feature for my CRE Loaded Pro 6.4 store. (Web Host is Linux Server - PHP v5)

It is against forums rules to provide support for CRE shops. This is a very well-known and the most popular url-rewriter contribution though so someone on the CRE forums should be able to help you.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I don't quite understand what you mean, can you please clarify why this is (What you're saying above).

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by shopfullstop

Thax for this useful Add-On

Here I have a question and hope u can give me a guide.

If I installed the Ultimate SEO URLs add-on. the url will be the Static Address. Where to see the $cPath number?

Dose the method of "if ($cPath==number require (???.php ) else {require ( ????.php)} ) " Working?

Thanks in advance.

I don't quite understand what you mean, can you please clarify why this is (What you're saying above).

You have a CRE Loaded shop. CRE Loaded shops are not supported here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thax for this useful Add-On

Here I have a question and hope u can give me a guide.

If I installed the Ultimate SEO URLs add-on. the url will be the Static Address. Where to see the $cPath number?

Dose the method of "if ($cPath==number require (???.php ) else {require ( ????.php)} ) " Working?

Thanks in advance.

The cPath is still in the url and the regular oscommerce code that needs the cPath, or product ID for that matter, will still work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed the contribution eveything went smooth except that in the home page i receive

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_convert_case() in /xxxx/xxxxx/x/x/x/xxxxxxxx/html/test/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1570

but in the admin page everhing works just the home page

test website w w w . w l a d e r b . c o m / t e s t/

i uploaded the catalog directory files only without the catalog folder

please somebody help me

I installed the contribution eveything went smooth except that in the home page i receive

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_convert_case() in /xxxx/xxxxx/x/x/x/xxxxxxxx/html/test/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1570

Use the search box at the bottom of this page to search for mb_convert_case to find the fix.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

thank you so much jack you fixed my problem but i have one other problem which is the products are not showing in the categories that i set them to be in

I can't think of any way this contribution would cause that. Try disabling it in admin and see if the products appear. Besure to clear cache after turning it off and you may have to turn off all of the caching options in the settings too.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't think of any way this contribution would cause that. Try disabling it in admin and see if the products appear. Besure to clear cache after turning it off and you may have to turn off all of the caching options in the settings too.

all the cache files are off and by the way i also have headear tags installed with no problems

I have a problem with intermittent very slow serving of pages. With profile=on in Ultimate SEO's TOTAL_TIME seems to say though that the slow pages (when they occur) are generated just as fast as normal pages.

Does anybody know whether the reported TOTAL_TIME is a reliable measure of the time it takes to serve the page, including perhaps the time taken by Ultimate SEO itself?

Grateful for any advice. Thanks, Toby

I have a problem with intermittent very slow serving of pages. With profile=on in Ultimate SEO's TOTAL_TIME seems to say though that the slow pages (when they occur) are generated just as fast as normal pages.

Does anybody know whether the reported TOTAL_TIME is a reliable measure of the time it takes to serve the page, including perhaps the time taken by Ultimate SEO itself?

Series 2 seo urls only profiles the load time of the seo urls "part" of the whole osC process.

Interestingly it also hides its own queries ( from a tep_db_query() logger) by using an unnecessary and seperate database connection class.

if you want to guage the true page parse time of the whole osc page I'd suggest the following: -

catalog/includes/application_top.php

After and below the initial <?php add ..

define ( 'FWR_START_TIME', microtime( true ) );
define ( 'FWR_SHOW_PARSE_TIME', true ); // Set to false to NOT show page parse time

Then in catalog/includes/application_bottom.php

Find ..

if (DISPLAY_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {
     echo '<span class="smallText">Parse Time: ' . $parse_time . 's</span>';
   }
 }

Add immediately below: -

if ( defined( 'FWR_SHOW_PARSE_TIME' ) && defined( 'FWR_START_TIME' )
                                     && ( false !== FWR_SHOW_PARSE_TIME ) ) {
 echo '<div>Page generated in ' . round( ( microtime( true ) - FWR_START_TIME ),4 ) . ' seconds</div>' . PHP_EOL;
}

Edited by FWR Media

...With profile=on in Ultimate SEO's TOTAL_TIME seems to say though that the slow pages (when they occur) are generated just as fast as normal pages.

the whole idea of having a dashboard showing the so called performance data in the seo class is pretty much useless nowadays. it was a good idea in 2005 when a typical server would have a p4 with 512mb memory, with today's hardware a 'net pc' that costs £100 could outperform or as good as a server in 2005.

if you are running a serious business, then get you host that can provide a server thats as good as formula 1 racing car (in terms of server it translates to quad core cpus with say 12gb memory), and dont spend your time fixing this and that watch the dashboard on an old ordinary family car - it takes you to nowhere.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Series 2 seo urls only profiles the load time of the seo urls "part" of the whole osC process.....

*Many* thanks for that. It was occurring to me as I went to sleep last night that the seo contrib was almost surely anyway not timing anything from before the database link was established and that I would need to do something like you suggested. Your code though will save me a fair amount of time for which I am grateful.

I must try out your updated Ultimate SEO 5 - it sems you have dome some great work updating the 2.1d I am using. But I need to sort out the cause of these intermittent slow page loads first.

Toby

Yes, I saw your earlier post. This isn't a problem I can easily reproduce and it will take some time to look into. I will get to it eventually though. Did you try the other class someone mentioned worked for them when they had such a problem? That post is in the last 2-5 pages, I think. If it fixes the problem, I can compare the files to see the difference and speed up the fix.

I was experiencing similar problem and found simple solution. There might be a better way but this helps:

Add this line before return of functions get_all_category_parents (line 1049) and get_all_category_names (line 1072):

$cName=strtr($cName, $this->attributes['SEO_CHAR_CONVERT_SET']);

I’m everything but php guru, anyway this seems to be logic step and finally did the job :)

And thnx for this excelent contribution.

I was experiencing similar problem and found simple solution. There might be a better way but this helps:

Add this line before return of functions get_all_category_parents (line 1049) and get_all_category_names (line 1072):

$cName=strtr($cName, $this->attributes['SEO_CHAR_CONVERT_SET']);

I’m everything but php guru, anyway this seems to be logic step and finally did the job :)

And thnx for this excelent contribution.

I can confirm that this fix works fine on my test shop. It also helped me to discover another little bug - filtering of short words doesn't work on main category with the following settings:

Add category parent to product URLs? true

Add category parent to begining of URLs? true

Lets say that the category is called "snow in winter". If you click the category, it is displayed fine, ie. www.store.com/snow-winter-c-24.html, however when any product is clicked (snow flakes white) in that category, the URL will show this: www.store.com/snow-in-winter-snow-flakes-white-p-64.html. Note that "in" is not omitted despite the settings in admin (Filter Short Words 2).

The above "winter" URL brings another question, what do you think is better separator after category "-" or "/"? Most shops are using forward slash as a category separator, what is better to have from SEO point of view?

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Jack - can you expand on this? I have a problem within MVS Shipping 1.2.2 which I am pretty sure is related to UltSeo v 22d5

the MVS Product Ship Estimator works once per session, first click

http://www. xxxxxx.com/products_ship_estimator.php?pid=24

Then a &amp appears on subsequent quotes urls... ie breaks it. such as

http://www. xxxxxxx.com/products_ship_estimator.php?action=process&pid=24

A kick in the right direction would help. Thanks!

php5.16

mysql5.077

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

I can confirm that this fix works fine on my test shop.

I was going to email to ask if saw the post. Thanks for testing it and thanks to mmiruss for posting it.

It also helped me to discover another little bug - filtering of short words doesn't work on main category with the following settings:

Add category parent to product URLs? true

Add category parent to begining of URLs? true

Yes, I'm sure that is probably true. When I added the code to add the category name, I don't recall putting in a short word test. I'll look at that for the next version.

The above "winter" URL brings another question, what do you think is better separator after category "-" or "/"? Most shops are using forward slash as a category separator, what is better to have from SEO point of view?

The - tells the search engines to treat the attached words as one keyphase while the / seperates them into two. So computer-products/ibm-clones would be targeting two keyphases for that page, while computer-products-ibm-clones would target one. If all of those words are used on the page, as they should be, then it probably won't make a big difference in the results. But it would be difficult, in most cases, to work the category name and product name into the same sentence so, in my opinion, the / is the preferred method.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Re: SEo urls in easy populate -

grr. no, you dont want duplicate content indexed. i cant believe there isnt a fix for this!! poo.

I don't know what this is referring to but this contribution prevents duplicate url's so there isn't a problem that I can see.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons