• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

And is that in admin/includes/functions/general.php or includes/functions/general.php?

Jack I had it in includes/functions/general.php? I moved it to admin/includes/functions/general.php and it fixed the seo urls warning.

I am still getting these 3 warnings below when inserting categories and products.

Warning: include_once(includes/reset_seo_cache.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home7/soundwa2/public_html/store/admin/categories.php on line 21

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/reset_seo_cache.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home7/soundwa2/public_html/store/admin/categories.php on line 21

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home7/soundwa2/public_html/store/admin/categories.php:21) in /home7/soundwa2/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Jack I had it in includes/functions/general.php? I moved it to admin/includes/functions/general.php and it fixed the seo urls warning.

I am still getting these 3 warnings below when inserting categories and products.

Warning: include_once(includes/reset_seo_cache.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home7/soundwa2/public_html/store/admin/categories.php on line 21

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/reset_seo_cache.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home7/soundwa2/public_html/store/admin/categories.php on line 21

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home7/soundwa2/public_html/store/admin/categories.php:21) in /home7/soundwa2/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Jack I appreciateyour time. I figured out what I did wrong. I uploaded the reset_seo_cache.php in /includes instead of admin/includes.

It fixed all the warnigs.

Thanks again

Vinny

Hi, I've installed Ultimate SEO 5, and I'm up to the last part... How do I RUN installer.php and installer_class.php ?

I don't want to sound like a complete newbie numb-brain, but I am!

Thanks in advance.

pete.

Hi Pete

This is the support topic for the old series 2 ultimate seo urls.

You need the Ultimate seo Urls 5 support topic as below.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/336702-ultimate-seo-urls-5-by-fwr-media/

In answer to your question though you would have uploaded the two installer files into your catalog root (presuming you followed the instructions correctly)

So do the following: -

1) Close ALL browser windows

2) Browse directly to www.mysite.com/catalog/installer.php

Obviously the above assumes you have your store in a /catalog directory it may well be int root in which case it would be ..

www.mysite.com/installer.php

Hi, I've installed Ultimate SEO 5, and I'm up to the last part... How do I RUN installer.php and installer_class.php ?

I don't want to sound like a complete newbie numb-brain, but I am!

Thanks in advance.

pete.

Hi Pete

This is the support topic for the old series 2 ultimate seo urls.

You need the Ultimate seo Urls 5 support topic as below.

In answer to your question though you would have uploaded the two installer files into your catalog root (presuming you followed the instructions correctly)

So do the following: -

1) Close ALL browser windows

2) Browse directly to www.mysite.com/catalog/installer.php

Obviously the above assumes you have your store in a /catalog directory it may well be int root in which case it would be ..

www.mysite.com/installer.php

Sorry for the duplicate post, I got an "internal server error" so thought the post hadn't happened.

<!--quoteo(post=1444652:date=Oct 4 2009, 01:23 AM:name=Jack_mcs)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jack_mcs @ Oct 4 2009, 01:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1444652"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There's nothing in the code to show the product id like that. It would have to be altered. If you are using my last version and the manufacturers is not showing up, my guess is that one of the manufacturer tables is not filled in. This is a fairly common problem. Try adding a new manufacturer in admin and then freshing your shop and going to that manufacturer. If it works, then the tables are your problem.

Jack<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi Jack

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatly, adding a new manufacturer didn't work. I've had a look at the contrib download page and tried the fixes suggested but none worked. I then decided to overwrite your Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-5 seo_class with the version from Shadowrider, 10 Feb 2009. I got a few depreciated errors because I'm using PHP 5.3 but that version worked. I couldn't get the suggested SQL fix in the install instructions to work tho.

I tried replacing code from the Shadowrider seo_class into yours but it still failed. Any ideas where I should look?

Thanks

Ian

Panic over. It's fixed. It was me :blush: Took the files into the office today and it worked?? :'( Found I had turned all the cache off in admin. Need to do a bit more work for my original problem of custom field in URL

Cheers

Ian

Very impressed by this contribution

Does anyone know how to make my site go from this:

http://www.myamazingsite.com/catalog/loads-of-stuff-here-c-23469_23533.html

to this:

http://www.myamazingsite.com/loads-of-stuff-here-c-23469_23533.html

htaccess or a configure file?

Thanks in Advance

Edited by skipunda

Does anyone know how to make my site go from this:

http://www.myamazingsite.com/catalog/loads-of-stuff-here-c-23469_23533.html

to this:

http://www.myamazingsite.com/loads-of-stuff-here-c-23469_23533.html

Search the forums for "move shop to root."

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

the problem with special character conversion is still there. All works fine as long as you keep "Add category parent to product URLs?" set to "false". As soon as you turn it "true", you have unreadable and unusable product URLs. That is with "Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)?" set to "true". If you set "Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)?" to "false", you'll have this error in your browser: "The page isn't redirecting properly". I have a test store that also uses Czech language with the following characters ř=>r,í=>i,š=>s,č=>c,ž=>z,á=>a,é=>e,ý=>y,ň=>n,ö=>o,ó=>o. Let me know if you want me to test the seo.class there.

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Jack,

the problem with special character conversion is still there. All works fine as long as you keep "Add category parent to product URLs?" set to "false". As soon as you turn it "true", you have unreadable and unusable product URLs. That is with "Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)?" set to "true". If you set "Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)?" to "false", you'll have this error in your browser: "The page isn't redirecting properly". I have a test store that also uses Czech language with the following characters ř=>r,í=>i,š=>s,č=>c,ž=>z,á=>a,é=>e,ý=>y,ň=>n,ö=>o,ó=>o. Let me know if you want me to test the seo.class there.

Yes, I saw your earlier post. This isn't a problem I can easily reproduce and it will take some time to look into. I will get to it eventually though. Did you try the other class someone mentioned worked for them when they had such a problem? That post is in the last 2-5 pages, I think. If it fixes the problem, I can compare the files to see the difference and speed up the fix.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry for posting again, I posted around the time when the forum was suspended, I just wanted to make sure you've got my message.

I've tested seo.class from v2.7 (23/3/2009) and it works fine - wysiwyg but as far as I remember, the function "Add category parent to product URLs?" is appending category ID (not name) after the product which is not exactly what this function should do. I believe that it should append name of the category in front of the product.

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Hi there,

I've been using this Ultimate SEO for several years now on oscommerce 2.2 and worked EXCELLENT.

Currently, I'm in progress to upgrade the shop from MS2.2 to RC2a and thus also from php 4 and sql 4 to php 5 and mysql 5.

On this new server also the SEO seems to work fine except for the categories.

Just to provide some background details

- created shop on new server (copy files and upgrade them accordingly)

- imported the original database from Live shop to the new RC2a shop.

- checked SEO (I did some things around turning SEO off and on and also the reset option). It seemed to work because the products are shown as ....com/product-name-1.html (instead the dynamic php) and also the manufacturers look fine.

- In admin all the cache options are set to true. Only the "add cpath..", "remove non-alpha..." and "reset SEO cache" are set to false just like in original shop.

However, the categories are shown as ....com/-c-1.html and as ....com/-c-2.html for example instead of ....com/categoryname-c-1.html

Could someone tell me what are the correct steps to follow when you want to enable SEO on a "new" shop as described above please?

e.g. Do I actually need to turn SEO off and on or use the reset? Or is there another reason why only the categories-part is not working.

... the categories are shown as ....com/-c-1.html and as ....com/-c-2.html for example instead of ....com/categoryname-c-1.html

Could someone tell me what are the correct steps to follow when you want to enable SEO on a "new" shop as described above please?

e.g. Do I actually need to turn SEO off and on or use the reset? Or is there another reason why only the categories-part is not working.

generally speaking there is no difference upgrading to oscrc2a and/pr php5/mysql5 as far as the seo urls addon you mentioned in your post is concerned. occasionally(depending on which version of seo urls class you use) you could try to set to false "add the category parent name to the beginning of the category URLs" as a quick fix.

do not forget to reset cache in admin - seo urls.

Ken

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Hi there,

I've been using this Ultimate SEO for several years now on oscommerce 2.2 and worked EXCELLENT.

Currently, I'm in progress to upgrade the shop from MS2.2 to RC2a and thus also from php 4 and sql 4 to php 5 and mysql 5.

On this new server also the SEO seems to work fine except for the categories.

Just to provide some background details

- created shop on new server (copy files and upgrade them accordingly)

- imported the original database from Live shop to the new RC2a shop.

- checked SEO (I did some things around turning SEO off and on and also the reset option). It seemed to work because the products are shown as ....com/product-name-1.html (instead the dynamic php) and also the manufacturers look fine.

- In admin all the cache options are set to true. Only the "add cpath..", "remove non-alpha..." and "reset SEO cache" are set to false just like in original shop.

However, the categories are shown as ....com/-c-1.html and as ....com/-c-2.html for example instead of ....com/categoryname-c-1.html

The -c-2.html has nothing to do with "add the category parent name to the beginning of the category URLs" that just appends ?cPath=xxx to the seo url. The category name is missing because of non MySQL5 compatible code.

I used to support this contribution but it was slowly destroyed by badly though out mods/hacks, it also became simply old.

There is an alternative, a brand new version built on PHP5/MySQL5 called Ultimate Seo Urls 5 which you could try .. the support topic is ..

generally speaking there is no difference upgrading to oscrc2a and/pr php5/mysql5 as far as the seo urls addon you mentioned in your post is concerned. occasionally(depending on which version of seo urls class you use) you could try to set to false "add the category parent name to the beginning of the category URLs" as a quick fix.

do not forget to reset cache in admin - seo urls.

Ken

Thanks Ken. I did what you said. I put the "add the category parent name to the beginning of the category URLs" to false and then did a reset. It worked.

So, by setting it to false it did show the correct SEO url for categories ...com/dvd-c1.html

Very strange, because I would expect that if set to false it doesn't do that and it will show the standard url.

So in the original shop I have to set it to true (always has been) and now in the new shop it should be set to false.

Anyway thanks for the quick suggestion!

The -c-2.html has nothing to do with "add the category parent name to the beginning of the category URLs" ic is ..

http://forums.oscomm...5-by-fwr-media/

the " -c-2.html has nothing to do with "add the category parent name to the beginning of the category URLs" has EVERYTHINGto do with "add the category parent name to the beginning of the category URLs" - just tesed it . as far as I guess, this one http://forums.oscomm...5-by-fwr-media/ like many of this guys "solutions" an over the top one (creating somn non existing problem and then trying to solve it) and NOT appropriate to post on a thread that is devoted to another seo urls addon.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

the " -c-2.html has nothing to do with "add the category parent name to the beginning of the category URLs" has EVERYTHINGto do with "add the category parent name to the beginning of the category URLs" - just tesed it . as far as I guess, this one http://forums.oscomm...5-by-fwr-media/ like many of this guys "solutions" an over the top one (creating somn non existing problem and then trying to solve it) and NOT appropriate to post on a thread that is devoted to another seo urls addon.

Ken

My mistake Ken

I was thinking of Add cPath to product URLs?

I disagree with the "NOT appropriate" I actually had agreement to have the original contribution text changed in addons to suggest the newer version but decided not to.

The original author has not been around for ages as you are aware and this contribution was steadily ruined which led me to create a new version of it .. absolutely no reason why users should not be aware of it .. it is still personal choice.

The fact that you have an option named add cpath... means you have an old version of the contribution. Upgrade it to the latest version, 2.2d_5, refresh the cache and it will work fine for you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The fact that you have an option named add cpath... means you have an old version of the contribution. Upgrade it to the latest version, 2.2d_5, refresh the cache and it will work fine for you.

that could be true but i was referring to "occasionally(depending on which version of seo urls class you use)" in my post. i am not a fan of chasing 'new' versions given the fact that what this thing does is simply transform urls from a riddle-like style to a human friendly urls by incorporating names in them - if its been working then for me there is no reason for upgrade, and it is working beautifully albeit a few mods have been made to a very early version of original seo urls such as auto-redirect (with about 10 lines of code) to new style name-based urls those riddle style urls that may have been cached/indexed by google.

Ken

Edited by GemRock