• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi

I have tried installing the latest version os this contribution ( Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-4) and I getting a 500 error page come up.

I have uninstalled the necessary and i shall retrace my steps. However can I check that the above contribution is the full package and not just an update?

Debbie Harrison

Hi

I have tried installing the latest version os this contribution ( Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-4) and I getting a 500 error page come up.

I have uninstalled the necessary and i shall retrace my steps. However can I check that the above contribution is the full package and not just an update?

It's a full version - I never do partial updates. Check your .htaccess file. Tha ti the most likely change to cause that error.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I have adhered to the instructions and the only changes made to .htaccess is whats laid out in your install document.

This is a relatively new installation of OSCommerce, but I have tried this a few times now with the same error. :blink:

Debbie Harrison

Actually scrub that, I have just worked it out. Missed a curly bracket. Bingo!

Thanks for responding so quickly on this thread. you'd be surprised how many support threads on here don't. ;)

Edited by dvharrison

Debbie Harrison

Hello,

When I have SEO urls enabled, my site doesn't load. When it's disabled, it will load. Where should I check for the problem? There are no errors or anything.

Thank you.

Did you read the test installation section in the instructions or look at the many similar posts in this thread? If so, and you sitll have the problem, then you need to post your .htaccess file and a link to your shop.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I've installed Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-4 and just 2 slight problems.

The first is the ampersand. How do I get it to show in the URL? I've tried the char=> and set to different combinations of &amp but can't get it to show. I've also set the filter short words to 0, 1, 2, 3, -1 but that didn't work either.

The second is the product_name in the URL. My site is a music site and at the moment, my product_name is the artist. Thats all thats showing. I need to have the title in there aswell. I've added new fields in products and products_description to the database and in most of the SQL in OSC, I can add to and get my new fields out. I can't work out the code in this contrib so just need a pointer as to where to look

I'm guessing its here

function get_product_name($pID){
	   $result = array();
	   if ($this->attributes['SEO_ADD_CPATH_TO_PRODUCT_URLS']) {
		  $cName = $this->get_all_category_parents($pID, $cName);
	   }
			switch(true){
					case ($this->attributes['USE_SEO_CACHE_GLOBAL'] == 'true' && defined('PRODUCT_NAME_' . $pID)):
							$this->performance['CACHE_QUERY_SAVINGS']++;
							$return = (tep_not_null($cName) ? $cName . '-'. constant('PRODUCT_NAME_' . $pID) : constant('PRODUCT_NAME_' . $pID));
							$this->cache['PRODUCTS'][$pID] = $return;
							break;
					case ($this->attributes['USE_SEO_CACHE_GLOBAL'] == 'true' && isset($this->cache['PRODUCTS'][$pID])):
							$return = (tep_not_null($cName) ? $cName . '-'. $this->cache['PRODUCTS'][$pID] : $this->cache['PRODUCTS'][$pID]);
							break;
					default:
							$this->performance['NUMBER_QUERIES']++;
							$sqlCmd = $this->attributes['USE_SEO_HEADER_TAGS'] == 'true' ? 'products_name as pName' : 'products_name as pName';
							$sql = "SELECT " . $sqlCmd . " . 

** Do I add "select field1, field2 here?? ** 

FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION."
									  WHERE products_id='".(int)$pID."'
									  AND language_id='".(int)$this->languages_id."'
									  LIMIT 1";
							$result = $this->DB->FetchArray( $this->DB->Query( $sql ) );

$pName = $this->strip( $result['pName'] ); 

[b]** Do I add to $result here? **[/b]
							$this->cache['PRODUCTS'][$pID] = $pName;
							$this->performance['QUERIES']['PRODUCTS'][] = $sql;
							$return = (tep_not_null($cName) ? $cName . '-'.  $pName : $pName);
							break;
			} # end switch
			return $return;
	} # end function

Thanks in advance

Sorry, the colours and bold don't work for me

Ian

Thanks for the excellent contribution Jack...the installation was quick and farily straight forward and it worked right from the get go. It's awesome...I'm now off to install your Header Tags contribution...thanks again....dan

If I change the name of a product in admin, the SEO url is still based on the old product name.

Is there a way of updating the URL to the new product name without adding it as a new product? :blink:

Found it: just click on "Reset SEO URLs Cache" in admin :rolleyes:

ello,

Any clue how to add cyrillic support ? I got something like this when I enable ultimate seo url /ÑÂърòърø-c-38.html

Also I got 404 error - I had mod_rewrite, my path for RewriteBase is correct in my .htaccess, all links are look correct - /productname-c-38.html

But when I click there i got 404 not found.

Any ideas how to fix cyrillic issue and 404 will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ivo

p.s I use utf8 encoding in DB

Possible Bug?

Found out when a subcategory is 301'd it doesn't redirect with the full url.

ie subs have 2 sets of numbers -c-11_22.html

http://www.misterbling.com/bling-cross-watches-c-11_27.html

Correct url

But try an incorrect

http://www.misterbling.com/notcorrect-c-11_27.html

Redirects but goes here

http://www.misterbling.com/bling-cross-watches-c-27.html

instead of

http://www.misterbling.com/bling-cross-watches-c-11_27.html

Can someone verify on their site on a sub?

Thanks

Possible Bug?

Found out when a subcategory is 301'd it doesn't redirect with the full url.

Please remember to post the version you are using.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

just installed the latest version Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-4

There is a known problem in that version that has to do with getting the category name so that could be the issue you are having. I will try to get the next version uploaded in the next few days.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There is a known problem in that version that has to do with getting the category name so that could be the issue you are having. I will try to get the next version uploaded in the next few days.

Jack

Jack,

Will keep an eye out for it, never would have noticed it it wasn't for your canonical addition to the header tag contribution.

Thanks

Hello,

Any clue how to add cyrillic support ? I got something like this when I enable ultimate seo url /ÑÂърòърø-c-38.html

Also I got 404 error - I had mod_rewrite, my path for RewriteBase is correct in my .htaccess, all links are look correct - /productname-c-38.html

But when I click there i got 404 not found.

Any ideas how to fix cyrillic issue and 404 will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ivo

p.s I use utf8 encoding in DB

My version is Ultimate SEO URLs 2.8.

I fixed cyrillic issue using part of old version of seo.class.php for converting cyrillic symbols to latin. but still getting 404 and stuck with it ...

any other clues /i checked mod_rewrite, .htaccess, RewriteBase and all seems ok/. What is next. Please help ....

Hi,

I have installed Ultimate SEO but it still shows the same headline for all products in google

What have i done wrong and do i need another attribute to correct this

Please google, site:modevaskor.com and you will see the problem

Please advice

Hi,

I have installed Ultimate SEO but it still shows the same headline for all products in google

What have i done wrong and do i need another attribute to correct this

Please google, site:modevaskor.com and you will see the problem

Please advice

This contribution doesn't have anything to do with text displayed in the search engine listings.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, that subject is called SEO and you can search the forums for posts on it. Also see MyAddons, starting with Header Tags SEO. But this thread is only for Ultimate SEO questions so please post elsewhere if you have other questions regarding that topic.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I have installed this contribution, but have found a bug in my shop when it is enabled. I have started out with chemo´s version 2.5 from about a year ago and tried all updates until now. but the bug still occours

The bug goes like this:

If you press the "buy now" button on a product in the product list (bug only appears from the productlist), you will be sent to the shoppingcart and the product is added correctly. But if you press the "continue shopping" button and now choose to buy another different product from the product list, then there vil just be one more of the previous product added to the shopping cart (now 2 pcs of product1). So it seems like the shop keeps the old product id in the url when returning to the productlist from shopping cart.

I have found out that if i remove the changed code in the html_output file and put it back to standard osc, then the bug is gone and shop function is normal, but then i get problems with my sitemaps instead.

I would be very happy if someone could help me with this bug.

I have installed this contribution, but have found a bug in my shop when it is enabled. I have started out with chemo´s version 2.5 from about a year ago and tried all updates until now. but the bug still occours

The bug goes like this:

If you press the "buy now" button on a product in the product list (bug only appears from the productlist), you will be sent to the shoppingcart and the product is added correctly. But if you press the "continue shopping" button and now choose to buy another different product from the product list, then there vil just be one more of the previous product added to the shopping cart (now 2 pcs of product1). So it seems like the shop keeps the old product id in the url when returning to the productlist from shopping cart.

The many versions of this contributions aren't updates. They are, for the most part, forks of the original. You need to pick one and stick with that since they vary with how they change the code. I think my last version is the most stable but you may find differently.

The problem you mention is a known problem. No one's mentioned it in a while and I've forgotten about it. You can try this contribution first. If that doesn't fix the problem, please let me know and I will take a look at it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I've installed Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-4 and just 2 slight problems.

The first is the ampersand. How do I get it to show in the URL? I've tried the char=> and set to different combinations of &amp but can't get it to show. I've also set the filter short words to 0, 1, 2, 3, -1 but that didn't work either.

The second is the product_name in the URL. My site is a music site and at the moment, my product_name is the artist. Thats all thats showing. I need to have the title in there aswell. I've added new fields in products and products_description to the database and in most of the SQL in OSC, I can add to and get my new fields out. I can't work out the code in this contrib so just need a pointer as to where to look

I'm guessing its here

function get_product_name($pID){
	   $result = array();
	   if ($this->attributes['SEO_ADD_CPATH_TO_PRODUCT_URLS']) {
		  $cName = $this->get_all_category_parents($pID, $cName);
	   }
			switch(true){
					case ($this->attributes['USE_SEO_CACHE_GLOBAL'] == 'true' && defined('PRODUCT_NAME_' . $pID)):
							$return = (tep_not_null($cName) ? $cName . '-'. constant('PRODUCT_NAME_' . $pID) : constant('PRODUCT_NAME_' . $pID));
							$this->cache['PRODUCTS'][$pID] = $return;
							break;
					case ($this->attributes['USE_SEO_CACHE_GLOBAL'] == 'true' && isset($this->cache['PRODUCTS'][$pID])):
							$return = (tep_not_null($cName) ? $cName . '-'. $this->cache['PRODUCTS'][$pID] : $this->cache['PRODUCTS'][$pID]);
							break;
					default:
							$this->performance['NUMBER_QUERIES']++;
							$sqlCmd = $this->attributes['USE_SEO_HEADER_TAGS'] == 'true' ? 'products_name as pName' : 'products_name as pName';
							$sql = "SELECT " . $sqlCmd . " . 

** Do I add "select field1, field2 here?? ** 

FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION."
									  WHERE products_id='".(int)$pID."'
									  AND language_id='".(int)$this->languages_id."'
									  LIMIT 1";
							$result = $this->DB->FetchArray( $this->DB->Query( $sql ) );

$pName = $this->strip( $result['pName'] ); 

[b]** Do I add to $result here? **[/b]
							$this->cache['PRODUCTS'][$pID] = $pName;
							$this->performance['QUERIES']['PRODUCTS'][] = $sql;
							$return = (tep_not_null($cName) ? $cName . '-'.  $pName : $pName);
							break;
			} # end switch
			return $return;
	} # end function

Thanks in advance

Sorry, the colours and bold don't work for me

Ian

Still no answer?? It must be possible. Anyway, solved the ampersand problem by replacing them with and in the database. Just noticed a fix in the contrib download area.

Please someone, anyone, is there a way of adding a custom field to the URL. I can't solve it

TIA

Ian