• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I have category parent enabled and I want that feature. But not the manufacturer in the product url.

How do you remove the manufacturer from the product url? ie. sony-sony-s450-self-powered-speaker-p-648.html

It ends up duplicating the manufacturer name, if the product name has the manufacturer in it.

This only happened after I upgraded to the latest version.

Thanks! (hope it's not too much of an elementary question lol)

Jack,

Thanks for the fast reply. I do have the latest version installed: v2.8. I went to reset SEO URLS cache and still nothing. Also in the seo_class.php file on line 1819 i have an error.

$anchor = ereg_replace($pattern, '', mb_convert_case($string, MB_CASE_LOWER, "utf-8"));

If i remove this error goes away and website works fine but with that line i get an error on my index page and all other pages.

Here is my url: http://www.icyhats.com/-p-50.html

You see it only shows -p-50.html and product name is not showing up.

I do have couple modification done from other contributions, would that be a problem?

the function mb_convert_case (mb_string) is not installed by default in php5.

in file includes/classes/seo.class.php

Replace this line:

$anchor = ereg_replace($pattern, '', mb_convert_case($string, MB_CASE_LOWER, "utf-8"));

with this line:

$anchor = ereg_replace($pattern, '', strtolower($string));

Edited by krnl

A new version has been uploaded with the following changes:

- Added an uninstall option to allow resetting the Ultimate SEO database entries to default

- Added code to handle Articles Manager authors

- Changed the add cPath to end option to add categories parent to products

- Changed add categories parent option so all categories are added

- Changed filter method so categories with spaces will display correctly

- Fixed mistake in code for information pages that prevented the name of the page from being seen

This update requires a change to the Ultimate SEO code in admin/includes/functions/general.php file as well as uploading the seo.class.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I just upgraded to your new module. I got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method SEO_URL::db_disconnect() in /home/harrisno/public_html/includes/application_bottom.php on line 34

i found that in includes/application_bottom.php, the error goes away when i remove this code.

if ( is_object($seo_urls) ){

$seo_urls->db_disconnect();

}

When I compare the last version clean install instructions to the most recent install instructions, the above code seems to be a legacy piece of code, what does it do and is it safe to just remove it all together?

thanks, edward

A new version has been uploaded with the following changes:

- Added an uninstall option to allow resetting the Ultimate SEO database entries to default

- Added code to handle Articles Manager authors

- Changed the add cPath to end option to add categories parent to products

- Changed add categories parent option so all categories are added

- Changed filter method so categories with spaces will display correctly

- Fixed mistake in code for information pages that prevented the name of the page from being seen

This update requires a change to the Ultimate SEO code in admin/includes/functions/general.php file as well as uploading the seo.class.php file.

Jack

Fatal error: Call to undefined method SEO_URL::db_disconnect() in /home/harrisno/public_html/includes/application_bottom.php on line 34

i found that in includes/application_bottom.php, the error goes away when i remove this code.

}

When I compare the last version clean install instructions to the most recent install instructions, the above code seems to be a legacy piece of code, what does it do and is it safe to just remove it all together?

thanks, edward

That isn't part of the version I uploaded. Other versions use code that mine don't, and vice versa, so they are not completely compatible. If you want to use my version, you will need to remove that extra code.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

very nice contribution but I have a problem since version 2-2.2d-3, already mentioned in this forum: when I change seo.class.php from version 2 (which works) to version 3 o 4, I get a blank page when trying to load a page of my site. I tried reseting SEO URL Cache, reseting the FWR categories menu, forcing the use of cookies but no way...

Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Sébastien

Hi Jack,

very nice contribution but I have a problem since version 2-2.2d-3, already mentioned in this forum: when I change seo.class.php from version 2 (which works) to version 3 o 4, I get a blank page when trying to load a page of my site. I tried reseting SEO URL Cache, reseting the FWR categories menu, forcing the use of cookies but no way...

Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Sébastien

I think the main difference betwen 2 & 3 was the switch to unicode. You can try removing the mb_convert_case code as mentioned recently in this thread. If that doesn't work, or maybe before you try it, you might give the uninstall option in the settings a try. That will ensure everything is reset.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. This version uses the last, stable release of the contribution. It doesn't provide anything new but just fixes problems with the original, which are:

- Fixed code that would cause the deletion of configuration settings for other contributions.

- Fixed short words code.

- Fixed include category name code.

- Fixed changed url code (if name of the url doesn't match the actual name, it redirects).

All that has changed is the includes/classes/seo_class.php file so uploading that will apply this version. After installing it, click around your site a few times. Then go into admin->Configuration->SEO URLs and set the options as you wish. Then use the reset option to clear cache. It should work at that point.

Jack

I have same problem like Jozef Ziak post Jul 5 2009, 04:26 AM

Warning: mb_strpos() [function.mb-strpos]: Empty delimiter. in /home/argoshka/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1180

I try update to Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-4 (copy new seo.class.php)

But appear new problem.

I have russian site and links will be like this http://www.argoshka.ru/ливерплас-p-479.html (i change encoding to cp1251 in seo.class.php)

So then i upload new seo.class.php links become http://www.argoshka.ru/-p-479.html

I try change encoding to cp1251, but no result.

How correct it?

Edited by juri.s

I try update to Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-4 (copy new seo.class.php)

But appear new problem.

I have russian site and links will be like this http://www.argoshka.ru/ливерплас-p-479.html (i change encoding to cp1251 in seo.class.php)

So then i upload new seo.class.php links become http://www.argoshka.ru/-p-479.html

I try change encoding to cp1251, but no result.

How correct it?

I don't have an answer for you nor a way to test it. You can try using the previous seo.class.php file (which it sounds like it worked) and compare the differences. Although if it was a non-2.2d version, the differences would be too great to mean anything to you, most likely.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi all --

I installed this contribution (v2.7) a while ago and everything is working great. The problem is that I need to extend the functionality of this so that I can get it to rewrite dynamic URLs that are stored within a subdirectory of a store.

Does anyone have any guidance on how to go about this, or alternatively, just sidestep the whole issue with the PHP "funky caching" trick shown here:

http://phpadvent.org/2008/php-without-php-by-terry-chay

I'm comfortable with PHP and .htaccess, I'm just not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Hi Jack.

I installed this contribution and it does a great job rewriting URLs for me, but it's messing up my order processing somehow and I can't put my finger on it.

I go through the checkout process and everything seems OK. I place an order with payment method of check/money order so I can complete checkout - the order goes through - the order billing and delivery seem to be populated OK with the correct information and order ID, but the orders_total and orders_products tables are being fed an order ID of zero.

Since there's no rewriting of any of the checkout pages, I don't see why this contrib is causing the problem, but I disable the module and orders are processed correctly.

Any idea where to start looking?

TIA,

Rick

I go through the checkout process and everything seems OK. I place an order with payment method of check/money order so I can complete checkout - the order goes through - the order billing and delivery seem to be populated OK with the correct information and order ID, but the orders_total and orders_products tables are being fed an order ID of zero.

Since there's no rewriting of any of the checkout pages, I don't see why this contrib is causing the problem, but I disable the module and orders are processed correctly.

Any idea where to start looking?

No, I don't know what that could be. If you can click around the site and have everything loaded correctly, then it would seem the contribution is working correctly. And under no conditions that I can think of, would this contribution affect the order id so it seems that the problem is somewhere else in the code. Although the fact that it works when Ultimatge SEO is turned off doesn't make sense.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

gotta start somewhere....

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to install this module once downloaded.

if not, can someone please point me to the thread that already contains these instructions? Been googling for them for 2 days.

hi jack. I need your help now since I failed to install this Ultimate SEO V 2.2d-4. Below I will show you how I install this tool to my website.

When I finished the installation of Ultimate URL SEO, and clicked the pruduct' page, but can not can the page. The error showed that: something wrong happened to this page or someone delelet or correct the page so that i can not find the product page.

I am sure I followed tips that were written on site( I downloaded the whole package of Ultimate SEO V 2.2d-4 which includes docs, upload, history, install). Yes, I read what it showed on "install".

The problem I guessed were something wrong on "STEP #6 - Edit .htaccess file (in your catalog directory)". I do not know which .htaccess file I should edit. The one uder the site root or other placeS? Could you please tell me which .htaccess file I should edit? Also I did not understand these phrase"If you don't have an .htaccess file in your catalog directory create one.If your store is located in a DIRECTORY add this to the /*directory*/.htaccess file:" Where can I find the 'catalog directory"?

I am sorry that whether I explained my problem clearly for my bad english. Please kindly help me out which is wrong with my installation on "Ultimate SEO V 2.2d-4"

Thanks Jack, but the product page still can not be opened. 404 error. I think that will be the problem of .htaccess file. My setting of this files is as below for your reference:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /store/catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_ST RING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

So is there any wrong information in above file?

And still I can not understand this phrase "404 Error

This is the most common problem and is almost always due to having the path set incorrectly in the .htaccess file. To see if this is the problem, go to your site. If it has a url like http://some_domain.com/, then your shop is located in the root of your account. If it has a url like http://some_domain.com/another_name/, then your shop is located in the "another_name" sub-directory. Using this information, open your .htaccess file and find the line that reads

RewriteBase /

If your shop is located in the root directory, as determined with the above test, then the above line is correct. But if your shop is located in some other directory, then change the above line to

RewriteBase /another_name/"

How can I write what is "another_name"?

Still need your help. Thanks a lot.

Thanks Jack, but the product page still can not be opened. 404 error. I think that will be the problem of .htaccess file. My setting of this files is as below for your reference:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /store/catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_ST RING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

So is there any wrong information in above file?

And still I can not understand this phrase

"404 Error

This is the most common problem and is almost always due to having the path set incorrectly in the .htaccess file. To see if this is the problem, go to your site. If it has a url like http://some_domain.com/, then your shop is located in the root of your account. If it has a url like http://some_domain.com/another_name/, then your shop is located in the "another_name" sub-directory. Using this information, open your .htaccess file and find the line that reads

RewriteBase /

If your shop is located in the root directory, as determined with the above test, then the above line is correct. But if your shop is located in some other directory, then change the above line to

RewriteBase /another_name/"

How can I write what is "another_name"?

Still need your help. Thanks a lot.

Edited by vincentwang

HI Jack,

I am from the All Products SEO, and asked to put support question here, Now the question:

After installing the All Products SEO, on the bottom of the home page display:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method SEO_URL::db_disconnect() in /home/fli/public_html/includes/application_bottom.php on line 33

the application_bottom.php on line33 as following:

==========================

}

?>

============================

where should I go to check the code?

Dansino

Fatal error: Call to undefined method SEO_URL::db_disconnect() in /home/fli/public_html/includes/application_bottom.php on line 33

the application_bottom.php on line33 as following:

==========================

}

?>

============================

where should I go to check the code?

Dansino

I only support my versions of this contribution and that isn't from mine. You will either have to wait for whoever wrote that to respond or install my version. If you install my version, you need to delete whatever changes were made to your shop that are not in mine, like the above code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons