• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Yes, the periods are needed - they provide a larger scope of url's. If you made the change as I mentioned and it is still failing, I can't think of anything else that it might be. It is still probably a setting but I'm limited with what I can do from here.

Jack

Well thanks for trying anyway. Thanks

Does anyone know if it's possible to have about 1500 url 301 rewrites in the htaccess file ?

There's not a limit that I am aware of but the more entries will cause slower load times. Why would you need those though? Ultimate SEO does it's own 301's?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You don't have access to change the settings, which is common on a shared server, but you can view them via admin->Tools->Server Info. Also do a search on google for "how to test mod rewrite" or something similar.

Jack

Thanks Jack! Still struggling though. I did find several examples for testing to see if mod_rewrite was Enabled and operational on the server. Earlier it was not, I sent another ticket and they must have done something. Now with the test rewrite.php link it does appear to be working.

http://www.screenbull.com/Test/rewrite.php

But I am still not getting my SEO Urls, keeps going back to the index.php. Below is my .htaccess contents. I added the .htaccess contents for the test page as well as the conventions are different which may or may not be related to my problem.

Store page

http://www.screenbull.com/index.php

I have been wrestling with this for a week. First post on it was yesterday and only after I had scoured the forum. I know my hosting company was part of the problem but that seems to be fixed now. I am desperate for any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance for anything you can provide.

Production/root .htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Test .htaccess

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^link([^/]*).html$ rewrite.php?link=$1 [L]

Thanks Jack! Still struggling though. I did find several examples for testing to see if mod_rewrite was Enabled and operational on the server. Earlier it was not, I sent another ticket and they must have done something. Now with the test rewrite.php link it does appear to be working.

http://www.screenbull.com/Test/rewrite.php

But I am still not getting my SEO Urls, keeps going back to the index.php. Below is my .htaccess contents. I added the .htaccess contents for the test page as well as the conventions are different which may or may not be related to my problem.

The .htaccess file looks fine. The problem is probably in your files. I would look at the changes made to the includes/application_top.php file. Maybe you put them in the wrong place in the file?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The .htaccess file looks fine. The problem is probably in your files. I would look at the changes made to the includes/application_top.php file. Maybe you put them in the wrong place in the file?

Jack

Thanks again! Your "probably in your files" was exactly right but I have not isolated it yet. Went back to the original osC store created after install, installed your SEO contrib and everything worked perfectly (server mod_rewrite and .htaccess NOT a factor). I am using a paid-for template and wanted to keep it. So I loaded that template back to the server, making sure NOT to load any of the files that are otherwise modified/included with your contrib (all of the ones adjusted in your contrib that worked in the fresh osC install remained on the server with the template). And the exact same problem occurred.

Obviously there is something in the template causing all my problems with SEO Urls. Instead of writing this off as a loss, I was wondering if you know anything else within the standard osC files that could be screwy with these template files? Any particular functions or files I should concentrate on?

Thanks again! Trying to resolve this but now I am getting obsessed with it!

There's not a limit that I am aware of but the more entries will cause slower load times. Why would you need those though? Ultimate SEO does it's own 301's?

Jack

What happens is that since I cant get this one to work I will use another one that was working. Which is the Magneticone seo. But my Old site is still using the chemo seo which is working fine but I was not able to get it working correctly in the new site. That is why I asked if their is a limit in the htaccess file. I do know how to do the rewrite but what I am afraid of is the load time for the 301 rewrite for all my products.

Thanks again! Trying to resolve this but now I am getting obsessed with it!

Live and learn with this one. My issue was definitely with the template (Template Monster) and had nothing to do with the contribution for sure. Turns out it ended up having nothing to do with the server mod_rewrite enabled or the .htaccess.

Fix for me was in the left_col_banner.php. I removed the below code and all is well. Not sure what this could do for me with the SEO installed but it is gone for now.

{

print("<script type='text/javascript'>

window.location='index.php';

</script>");
		}

My advice for anyone having the index.php redirect issue is first research the forum, then independently verify you have mod_rewrite Enabled and also rule out your .htaccess file (many ways to test both). If you are on a shared server, don’t necessarily trust your host. Like Jack said

do a search on google for "how to test mod rewrite

Next, if you are still having problems and you have a web template check and remove the above line from left_col_banner.php (check also the header and other files). If anyone has any warnings for removing this code, please pass it on.

Thanks again Jack for holding my hand through this one.

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me add this contribution to a template version of oscommerce I downloaded.

I would appreciate any help that you could offer.

Thanks,

NOS

He Jack.

First off, great edits to the contribution.

My problem is that I installed the contribution (I am pretty sure I did it correctly) but there is no link for "SEO URLs" in my configuration.

Do you know what I possibly did wrong?

He Jack.

First off, great edits to the contribution.

My problem is that I installed the contribution (I am pretty sure I did it correctly) but there is no link for "SEO URLs" in my configuration.

Do you know what I possibly did wrong?

If "my configuration" means the admin section, that is added automatically by the code. Once installed, click on a few link to refresh the page and the admin section will be added, if it is working correctly.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If "my configuration" means the admin section, that is added automatically by the code. Once installed, click on a few link to refresh the page and the admin section will be added, if it is working correctly.

Jack

Hey thanks for the reply. Yes, I was referring to Configuration in my admin section.

This is the thing: I installed this contribution long time ago but I realized that I probably did it incorrectly.

I then uninstalled it today but "SEO URLs" was still in my Configuration in my admin panel.

Therfore, I went to phpmyadmin and just deleted it manually (under "configuration_group").

I just did a clean install but now there is no "SEO URLs" in my configuration in my admin panel.

I followed each installation step correctly and reviewed it so many times but its still not there.

I am really confused now and don't know what to do.

Do you possibly have any suggestions?

Edited by textbook

im shuddering.

has jack cocked up this contribution?

according to the amount of "error" fixes it seems like it, as soon as one error is corrected, another error seems to come up.

it looks like i will go with fwr media seo urls 5, as that seems more reliable according to the posts on that thread.

it looks like people love fucking up contributions for oscommerce and don't bother telling anyone why!

I then uninstalled it today but "SEO URLs" was still in my Configuration in my admin panel.

Therfore, I went to phpmyadmin and just deleted it manually (under "configuration_group").

I just did a clean install but now there is no "SEO URLs" in my configuration in my admin panel.

I followed each installation step correctly and reviewed it so many times but its still not there.

I am really confused now and don't know what to do.

Do you possibly have any suggestions?

There are also entries in the configuration table. If you are going to uninstall it that way, you will need to delete all of those too. Also, the previous versions of the contribution had a problem where all of the entries were not being deleted when it was ran so there could be multiple entries in the configuration table. I posted instructions on here as to how to find those but you can just read through that table and delete as you find them.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have done a search through this thread looking for an answer to what is likely a very simple problem. After installing the add-on my google rankings definitely shot to the top for virtually all our items. The only problem is that the google search result usually links to the image rather than to the product listing page.

Here is a sample of a line from sitemapproducts.xml:

<url>

<loc>http://mygreatsite.com/osc/my-great-product-p-28.html</loc>

<lastmod>2009-03-29</lastmod>

<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>

<priority>0.3</priority>

</url>

Here is what a google search result too often links to:

http://mygreatsite.com/osc/my-great-product-pi-28.html

I apologise if this is not a problem related to the add-on. But I would be grateful for any advice that will stop google from indexing the product images.

I have done a search through this thread looking for an answer to what is likely a very simple problem. After installing the add-on my google rankings definitely shot to the top for virtually all our items. The only problem is that the google search result usually links to the image rather than to the product listing page.

http://mygreatsite.com/osc/my-great-product-p-28.html

http://mygreatsite.com/osc/my-great-product-pi-28.html

Notice the difference between the links? The latter if for a popup image. This, as you mentioned, doesn't have to do with Ultimate SEO. You need to blcok the search engines from accessing those popups. You can add an entry to your robots file or add a no-follow no index meta tag to the popup files. If that doesn't work or if you have additional questions, please start a new thread in the general forum since this one is only for Ultimate SEO questions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

seems it don't support catalog seo url?

example : catalog : Freshwater Pearl Necklace

it will be /-c-86.html,not show :www.xxx.xxx.com/freshwater-pearl-necklace.htm

any advice?

Best Regards,

What version are you using?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello i installed Ultimate Seo Urls v2.8

Now everything works fine, until i set seo urls to on then the indeze page works butt when i want to look into articles i get a 404 error product_info.php is not located at this server!

When i turned seo urls off everything works again.

I cleared the cache, i searched a lot on the forums buut could not find a correct answer.

I hope anyone can help me.

Twindaddy

Hello ALL,

I have looked everywhere on this forum, maybe Im just not hitting the RIGHT keywords to get an answer off the forum, anyways here is my problem.

I have osCommerce site version file defines my version as CRE Loaded6 v6.2 Pro

I am looking to install the SEO URLS v2.8

I am having trouble installing it, main problem is code in #7 of the install instructions is

STEP #7 - Edit admin/categories.php

Find this code:

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

I cant see it ANYWHERE

I think I need to install a different version of the SEO URLS program maybe or get help finding the right code?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!

Chris

I have osCommerce site version file defines my version as CRE Loaded6 v6.2 Pro

That means you should seek support at the cre loaded forum.

Support for it isn't offered here.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >