• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hello,

i have install the last Version from Jack Version Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-3 today.

First i have become this: Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /homepages

OK... i have fix it with the Forum.

Now i have no Continue Shopping Button in my Shopping Cart and if a User Sign in, the Redirect Page is the Index.php and not the Shopping Cart.

Any Idea?

MfG

Andreas

Edited by kn-medien

Hey everyone,

I just installed the "Ultimate Seo Urls v2.8" contribution.

Everything is fine except that:

For every category page, this is added to the end of every url: "?shop=index.php"

For every subcategory and product page, this is added to the end of every url:" ?osCsid=xxxxx"

I think a problem is that long time ago, I installed an earlier version of this contribution when I knew absolutely nothing.

I am pretty sure that I probably messed something up during that time.

For this current contribution, I just installed it "fresh" thinking that it would just work.

I also do not know which version I installed earlier.

I have posted a screenshot of my "SEO URLs" menu in my admin area:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41895949@N04/...435895/sizes/o/

If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Your previous post said you were using version 2.8. Please confirm which version you have and explain the problem again.

Jack

Is 2.8 the newest version? Can you send me the link to your newest download.

Please see: http://www.icyhats.com/-p-48.html

As you see my links just say /-p-48.html but no product name.

I did manage to fix it by forcing cookies. Should I have it enabled ?

Forcing cookies will mask the problem and cause lost sales. It is better to setup the shop correctly, in my opinion.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

How can I also add a url like this www.domain.com/shop/pages.php?pID=6&CDpath=0 to be like the other ones ?

example the new way just like the product url do with the product on the url in this case its the information page name.

If the contribution you are using is included in the code, the url's should switch, assuming Ultimate SEO is installed correctly. There is code for the information pages contribution but the base url doesn't look like what you listed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Now i have no Continue Shopping Button in my Shopping Cart and if a User Sign in, the Redirect Page is the Index.php and not the Shopping Cart.

This contribution doesn't make any changes that would affect the shopping cart page so I can't imagine the two are related. Try disabling Ultimate SEO and see if the button returns.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is 2.8 the newest version? Can you send me the link to your newest download.

Please see: http://www.icyhats.com/-p-48.html

As you see my links just say /-p-48.html but no product name.

There are different variations. My versions are the ones uploaded by me.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I am not a complete novice with osCommerce and have installed previous Ultimate SEO versions on other shopping carts without any problems (a few years ago). Now I have a shopping cart template (http://www.screenbull.com/index.php) that I have installed your Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d_3/2 on. The problem I have is the ever familiar AllowOverride Options and .htaccess problem where my cart keeps returning to the index.php page. I am on a shared server and do not have access/visibility to the Apache config files. My hosting company has assured me multiple times that I do have the right privileges and below is the last email I recieved.

I have changed all the instances of AllowOverride option from 'None' to 'All'. Please see the snippet below.

---------

Options All

AllowOverride All

Options Includes Indexes FollowSymLinks

AllowOverride All

Options Includes Indexes FollowSymLinks

AllowOverride All

Order allow,deny

Allow from all

---------

Also, the FollowSymLinks option is enabled for your home directory. We couldn't give you the httpd configuration file as it includes the details of all the accounts hosted on the server. But we have confirmed that all your needs are met in the configuration file

---------

I was also told "The server has mod_rewrite enabled and Allow_Override set."

So they keep telling me I have the right permisions. My question for the forum is how can I independently test whether or not I do indeed have the proper Apache settings? Since I can not access the information, i am taking their word for it. That appears to be the only possible resolution as I have tried everything I have found on the forum and it always points back to the same issue. My first post after using the forums and contributions for years.

Many thanks!

Hi I have a question and I know this has been asked before but I had a trubble finding the right answer. Could you point me in the right direction or help me with adding the parent category to the product url so it looks like http://www.shop.com/pcat/product-c9.htm.

I did have this but some were on an upgrade I missed picking up that it had been removed. I am running Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-3 and I have Add category parent to begining of URLs? set to true.

I have this version installed: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2823 is that yours?

Any one can upload to a contribution that is not locked, as this one. When that person uploads, their username is listed. If you see my username, then it is one I uploaded.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

So they keep telling me I have the right permisions. My question for the forum is how can I independently test whether or not I do indeed have the proper Apache settings? Since I can not access the information, i am taking their word for it. That appears to be the only possible resolution as I have tried everything I have found on the forum and it always points back to the same issue. My first post after using the forums and contributions for years.

Many thanks!

You don't have access to change the settings, which is common on a shared server, but you can view them via admin->Tools->Server Info. Also do a search on google for "how to test mod rewrite" or something similar.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi I have a question and I know this has been asked before but I had a trubble finding the right answer. Could you point me in the right direction or help me with adding the parent category to the product url so it looks like http://www.shop.com/pcat/product-c9.htm.

I did have this but some were on an upgrade I missed picking up that it had been removed. I am running Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-3 and I have Add category parent to begining of URLs? set to true.

That should be all that's needed. Try clearing the cache using Ultimate SEO's reset option.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Have already done all that. I am running this with the fwr prevent dups option as well.

The code just checks if that option is set and if it is, loads in the category name. I suppose there could be something wrong with the code that checks that option. You could try changing this line in seo_class.php

if ($this->attributes['SEO_ADD_CAT_PARENT'] == 'true') {

to

if (true) {

If that doesn't work, I don't have any other ideas.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I did manage to fix it by forcing cookies. Should I have it enabled ?

Here is my catalog/includes/configure.php file

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.domain.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.domain.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.domain.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.domain.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

//Added for BTS1.0

define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', 'templates/');

define('DIR_WS_CONTENT', DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . 'content/');

define('DIR_WS_JAVASCRIPT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'javascript/');

//End BTS1.0

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/username/public_html/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

I take it that the best version to download is the original by FWR Media?

theres been so many additions and judging from the amount of errors that people have, it seems people are messing up this contribution to beyond repair.

I wish someone would bother to tell people which is the best one to download.

Here is my catalog/includes/configure.php file

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.domain.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.domain.com');

The above should be

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.domain.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.domain.com');

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code just checks if that option is set and if it is, loads in the category name. I suppose there could be something wrong with the code that checks that option. You could try changing this line in seo_class.php

to

if (true) {

Jack

This has no effect ether. Could it be anything in the index.php of any other file that is interfering? It works perfectly fine on sub categories just not when you actually look at a product.

to

if (true) {

Jack

This has no effect ether. Could it be anything in the index.php of any other file that is interfering? It works perfectly fine on sub categories just not when you actually look at a product.

The other thing I have notice is that with the sub catgories that are being broken by - rather than / . My understanding of the code is that the links should be with a /. I am I correct in assuming this.

My html_output.php

////

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1

// The HTML href link wrapper function

if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true') { //run chemo's code

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {

global $seo_urls;

if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){

if ( !class_exists('SEO_URL') ){

include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');

}

global $languages_id;

$seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);

}

return preg_replace('/&/','&',$seo_urls->href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id));

}

Edited by jonathanbastin

The above should be
define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.domain.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.domain.com');

Jack

Is that a . in front of the domain ? Is so why does it need it ?

I tried the . in front if the domain name and still have the osCsid

Edited by tegralens

I don't know what else it could be. You could try installing it is a clean shop to make sure it works on your server. Then try adding one of your categories to that test shop - continue until it fails. If it doesn't fail, then it has to do with your shop.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is that a . in front of the domain ? Is so why does it need it ?

I tried the . in front if the domain name and still have the osCsid

Yes, the periods are needed - they provide a larger scope of url's. If you made the change as I mentioned and it is still failing, I can't think of anything else that it might be. It is still probably a setting but I'm limited with what I can do from here.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons