• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi,

Still quite new to Oscommerce, so please be gentle if I ask what appears to be obvious ;-)

I've installed SEO URLS 2.6 and all is working, or I thought it was until I noticed an error in Google with the sitemap and redirections.

Products URLS are fine and work as expected. But, the category URLS show ok i.e. http://www.oneofakind.org.uk/sale-c-141.html is shown as the URL for a category called 'Sale' but clicking on the link takes you to http://www.oneofakind.org.uk/?cPath=141

Not what I expected. Any and ALL help very much appreciated

Steve

Found the problem and it was caused by a mod I made but completely forgot about.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^.*$

RewriteRule ^index.php$ "http\:\/\/www\.oneofakind\.org\.uk" [R=301,L]

Basically it was there to redirect direct access to index.php to the main page, but it also causes the category redirect to fail.

Edited by stevea1234

Hi There

I have installed 2.63 on RC2a and many other mods to a multistore setup,

It is to replace a site that has been up for a good few years and heavily listed in google.

I have the Enable automatic rewrites set to true but i do not think it is working, I assume that the rewrite would be writen into the HTaccess file as a 301 divert?

the original site is using a earlier version of Chemos SEO and cName, a sample address would be

http://XXXDOMAIN/product_info.php?pName=19...ewalt-batteries

and the new site

http://XXXDOMAIN/test/19ah-battery-dewalt-...tml?language=en

Could somebody please tell me if

a) that the rewrites are written to the htaccess file so they can be seen by me (and of course the search engine)

B) that the rewrites are able to handle the old Cname address (started life on a windows server), or do i need to edit the rewites somewhere

Thank you for looking

David

I have just installed v2.6 and at the shop end .html is added to the CATEGORY URL when I click the shop category, i.e.

/catalog/aerobics-c-23.html

BUT then I get an "Error 404: page not found" message.

I think this suggests a db issue. Can anyone advise? Admin side is live and working fine.

salve,

i installed this contribution with succes but after that i see some errors:

- that in admin - configuration - All Products no line have been displayed

- in admin - configuration the "Sitemap SEO" link missing

- in catalog if i want to see All Products at the top of page it's an error

Please help me!

.../catalog/aerobics-c-23.html...I get an "Error 404: page not found" message...

either a server issue (mod_rewrite not available on the server - check or talk to host), or errors in .htaccess such as incorrect rewritebase .

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

I just installed ultimate seo urls v2.6. The catalog is fine but when I try log into admin I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_languages() in /home2/****/public_html/admin/login.php on line 79

I've searched and only seen a couple of mentions of this with no resolve.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

I already implement the ultimate SEO URLs, but how can i check if it's doing what is intent to do??? How many days or moths we need to see any improvement on the number of visitors?????

On perfomance data when i type in any link ?profile=on, what the paramenters bellow means???? Each link have different information....

[NUMBER_URLS_GENERATED] => 99

[NUMBER_QUERIES] => 3

[CACHE_QUERY_SAVINGS] => 57

[NUMBER_STANDARD_URLS_GENERATED] => 33

[TOTAL_CACHED_PER_PAGE_RECORDS] => 82

Best Regards

João Carrolo

Hi,

I am currently in the process of moving web servers. We have SEO Urls installed on our oscommerce site and it is all working fine on the current server. When I try and load it up on the new server, using just the server IP, it breaks.. It shows an error stating the product_info.php cannot be found.. The site is using a remote connection using the current database.. Would that be the problem? Or maybe the domain name? Any ideas would be great!

Ian

Hi,

I am currently in the process of moving web servers. We have SEO Urls installed on our oscommerce site and it is all working fine on the current server. When I try and load it up on the new server, using just the server IP, it breaks.. It shows an error stating the product_info.php cannot be found.. The site is using a remote connection using the current database.. Would that be the problem? Or maybe the domain name? Any ideas would be great!

Ian

Check your .htaccess file

either a server issue (mod_rewrite not available on the server - check or talk to host), or errors in .htaccess such as incorrect rewritebase .

Ken

Thanks Ken - checked with Host Server - NOT an issue. I copied .htaccess direct from contribution chanding only /directory/ to the name of the directory holding my shop. Have rewrite code as under in area relating to what I thought may be possible problem.

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^options\=(.*)$

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2%1

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Assume index.php?cPath= above covers category .html conversion.

Any further ideas?

Alan,

Thank you for your reply. I have checkd the .htaccess file and all seems to be fine.. It shows the correct directory.. Would it be something to do with the domain name? For instance, it should be domain.com/store/ and at the moment it, I am testing using its IP address, 192.192.191.0 etc..

Many Thanks

Ian

Check your .htaccess file

Thanks Ken - checked with Host Server - NOT an issue. I copied .htaccess direct from contribution chanding only /directory/ to the name of the directory holding my shop. Have rewrite code as under in area relating to what I thought may be possible problem.

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^options\=(.*)$

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2%1

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Assume index.php?cPath= above covers category .html conversion.

Any further ideas?

Spent morning on this - reinstalled completely afresh. Install html on configuration of SEO says:

FOR: Add category parent to beginning of URLs - set tp "true". Once I changed to "false" ALL category. product pages displayed accurately with .html at the end!!!

Why, I know not but the complete contribution now seems to work fine! Thanks everyone for help.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php:616) in /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 2449

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php:616) in /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php:616) in /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 626

Can someone please help me. I have followed the instructions to the letter. Do I need to add the additional one off patches that are added after this contribution and the bug fix version. I also have no seo_urls on the configuration menu in the admin area. Thanks

I have finally been able to see the seo_url link under configuration o n the admin area. I am still getting this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php:616) in /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 2449

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php:616) in /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php:616) in /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

My page on the index comes up, but when I try to go into a category, then a sub category to see the products it redirects me back out to the index page. Is this an issue with the .htaccess or one o the pages giving the error. Thnaks for this contribution. I am sure it will be great once I can get to all of my products to see what the urls are. Thanks for your help again.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home1/laceands/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 626

Can someone please help me. I have followed the instructions to the letter. Do I need to add the additional one off patches that are added after this contribution and the bug fix version. I also have no seo_urls on the configuration menu in the admin area. Thanks

install the last 2.1d original UPDATED I uploaded it does not have such issues.

I have finally been able to see the seo_url link under configuration o n the admin area. I am still getting this error:

My page on the index comes up, but when I try to go into a category, then a sub category to see the products it redirects me back out to the index page. Is this an issue with the .htaccess or one o the pages giving the error. Thnaks for this contribution. I am sure it will be great once I can get to all of my products to see what the urls are. Thanks for your help again.

An error is sending headers causing your problem .. the following is probably it ..

includes/functions/general.php on line 2449

Line 2449??? general.php should have 1300(ish) lines NOT 2449 if the file is not modified try adding a fresh general.php and reapplying the seo urls mods to it.

I am looking at adding this but it says on the install file:

INSTALLATION - Clean install on osCommerce MS-2.2 , RC1, RC2 , RC2a

I dont get it, how do you install this if you have modified your oscommerce ??

I've had the 23 Nov 2008 version of 2.1d ORIGINAL updated on my site since late last year. Initially the Google indexing went way up (top 10 in many cases, even #1), but I have been loosing ground over the last few months (dropping off the charts to 200-300). Google has lots of my links with "URLs not followed" due to "Redirect error" (the same URLs are listed in "Errors for URLs in Sitemaps" also as "Redirect error"). But the URLs work fine (same with the sitemap)!

I thought this could be due to duplication errors, but the SEO contrib that I used appears to include the Independent_Seo_Url_Validation_v1.0.4 contrib. Any thoughts that might be causing this problem?

Currently, in admin under Configuration "Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development)" is set to False. Is this the correct setting?

What are the best settings for "SEO URLs" under Configuration?

Edited by pchem

Currently, in admin under Configuration "Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development)" is set to False. Is this the correct setting?

What are the best settings for "SEO URLs" under Configuration?

Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) is nothing to do with seo urls .. it MUST be off.

I've had the 23 Nov 2008 version of 2.1d ORIGINAL updated on my site since late last year. Initially the Google indexing went way up (top 10 in many cases, even #1), but I have been loosing ground over the last few months (dropping off the charts to 200-300). Google has lots of my links with "URLs not followed" due to "Redirect error" (the same URLs are listed in "Errors for URLs in Sitemaps" also as "Redirect error"). But the URLs work fine (same with the sitemap)!

I thought this could be due to duplication errors, but the SEO contrib that I used appears to include the Independent_Seo_Url_Validation_v1.0.4 contrib. Any thoughts that might be causing this problem?

The Independent_Seo_Url_Validation contribution won't prevent duplicate urls in the way google is probably looking at them. It is meant to prevent the same url from being accessed with a different name. It doesn't prevent duplicate urls where the arguments of the url are changed due to language, sorting or something else, at least the last I looked it didn't. You need to use the new Canonical meta tag. If you have the latest version of Header Tags SEO installed, it will handle that for you. Otherwise, search the forums for Canonical to find other ways to handle it. That may not be your problem but I know that google is listing a lot more duplicate urls than before so my guess is that it is.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

Anybody else install the the newest Ultimate SEO URLs v2.7 - FullPackage and run across these two problems:

1. Add cPath to product URLs? Always on no matter if I change the value in the admin or not

2. Add cPath to product URLs? Doesn't add them no matter if I change the value in the admin or not

Am I missing something or is the package buggy?

Thanks,