• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I am getting this problem at the end of my category urls

-c-103_93.html?page=2&sort=5a

is there a way to chang it to something better like below?

-c-103_93-2.html

-c-103_93-page2.html

this error is only coming up when going to the second page of the category to see more products

also google seems to be trying to list old site urls like the below

http://www.mysite.co.uk/index.php?cPath=103_60&page=1

which redirects to

http://www.mysite.co.uk/polo-shirts-childr..._60.html?page=1

but should be and works but google is still listing theabove ones even though there is no link or reference to th above on my site?

http://www.mysite.co.uk/polo-shirts-childr...s-c-103_60.html

I have been running ultimate seo urls for months now but still google lists the above :-(

If you are getting duplicate title/content warnings in Google webmaster tools then you may wish to try the below: -

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...314234&st=0

Since installing v2.1.d updated PayPal no longer works correctly. New customers have a zero (0) as their id number. Orders don't get written to the database. Emails don't get sent for orders.

Anyone familiar with these problems?

Ive installed v2.1.d updated and its really good. well done to the OP!

But I have an issue I cant seem to fix

All of the product names are missing from homepage and product pages,catalog pages in the admin panel and so on and instead it reads as

Product #090

Product #091

and so on? Instead of the product name?

The links to the products work and contain the product name in SEO friendly format?!!! Has anyone got any ideas please? The links go to product_info.php but I dont think this was altered?!!

THANKS

Hi

I've installed v2.1.d update and I can't get category name in url.

I have:

/myshop.com/productname-p-1.html?osCsid=b86...

but I need to have:

/myshop.com/category-productname-p-1.html

Everything in panel I have set on 'true'.

How can I get category name in url?

Doesn't SID KILLER works on this contribution?

Hi

I have:

but I need to have:

I have the same issue, except that in my case alll the products and categories have the cPath trail, even though I set that to false in the admin. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Hi Guys,

I've been using SEO URLs for a while now and really like the contribution. I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how to tweak the URLs slightly. Specifically, for subcategory URLS I would like to be able to remove all parent category IDs from the URL and only have the subcategory ID in the URL without upsetting, for example, the category menus.

A current example of a URL of a subcategory would be:

/home-gifts-terramundi-money-pots-c-2_43.html (where the parent category ID is 2 and the subcatgory ID is 43)

I would like to be able to change this to:

/home-gifts-terramundi-money-pots-c-43.html (ie. the parent category ID has been removed, leaving only the subcategory id 43)

I've had a few attempts so far, but when I change the code in seo.class.php to achieve the above, my category menus are no longer active for the parent category.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

See osCommerce in action at

Using 2.1d ORIGINAL updated - Jack_mcs - 11/23/2008

Great contribution, pretty easy setup with good results.

All url's are re-written fine like they should be, I seem to have no problems adding items to cart or checking out, old style url's @ google send me to the current re-written url's, pretty much no problems on the public side of the site.

My one problem happens on the admin side. When I click on the Catalog box (items, attributes, etc) I get a "500 Internal Server Error". All other admin boxes work fine (modules, tools, customers, etc). It only happens on catalog. I'm sure it's a relatively simple access error, but I am unfamiliar with these things so any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I've been using SEO URLs for a while now and really like the contribution. I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how to tweak the URLs slightly. Specifically, for subcategory URLS I would like to be able to remove all parent category IDs from the URL and only have the subcategory ID in the URL without upsetting, for example, the category menus.

A current example of a URL of a subcategory would be:

/home-gifts-terramundi-money-pots-c-2_43.html (where the parent category ID is 2 and the subcatgory ID is 43)

I would like to be able to change this to:

/home-gifts-terramundi-money-pots-c-43.html (ie. the parent category ID has been removed, leaving only the subcategory id 43)

I've had a few attempts so far, but when I change the code in seo.class.php to achieve the above, my category menus are no longer active for the parent category.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

You can't (without significant code changes)

Syntax error: unexpected } at /............/includes/functions/html_output.php line 82

When I try to remove this } it shifts 1 lne down every time like Line 83.87 etc.

I checked no extra paranthesis seems there.

How this error can be removed

Since installing v2.1.d updated PayPal no longer works correctly. New customers have a zero (0) as their id number. Orders don't get written to the database. Emails don't get sent for orders.

Would someone give me a clue to the solution?

Would someone give me a clue to the solution?

I would imagine that & is being passed in the querystring via tep_redirect() there are quite a few posts in this topic about the change to make. Failing that turn off the W3C option in admin.

Edited by FWR Media

Thank you. The tip on what to look for helped a lot.

I would imagine that & is being passed in the querystring via tep_redirect() there are quite a few posts in this topic about the change to make. Failing that turn off the W3C option in admin.

Hi

I have:

but I need to have:

No answer eh?

So I did it myself:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2823

I made this change to seo.class

// case ($this->attributes['USE_SEO_REDIRECT'] == 'true'):

// header("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently");

// $url = str_replace('&', '&', $url);

// header("Location: $url"); // redirect...bye bye

// break;

$url = str_replace('&', '&', $url); // Remove the W3C & when redirecting

header("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently");

header("Location: $url"); // redirect...bye bye

break;

and also tried your suggestion "turn off the W3C option ".

Sorry to say no joy. Any other suggestion you may have for me?

Syntax error: unexpected } at /............/includes/functions/html_output.php line 82

When I try to remove this } it shifts 1 lne down every time like Line 83.87 etc.

I checked no extra paranthesis seems there.

How this error can be removed

Hi,

Any body GUIDE ME.

Hi,

I installed the optimization for multiple languages and now my links looks like this:

http://www.yoursite.com/matrix-p-29.html?lang=en (English version)

http://www.yoursite.com/matrix-p-29.html?lang=es (Spanish version)

But by adding the ?lang= at the end of the link, isn't the link appear as dynamic link for the search engine? If so this cannot be too good as the whole idea of Chemo's contribution was to convert the oscommerce dynamic pages into static pages. By adding the ?lang=es would have any negative effect on the page in relation with the search engine? Please help.

Hi Guys,

I cant get this to work at all.

Im running ubuntu

Apache 2.29

mysql 5.067

USEO 2.6

OSC 2.2-MS2

My install directory is /var/www/dir/store

apache virt server points to the same directory

I have edited the virt dir directives to allow overide options.

The site works fine, but as soon as i install the .htaccess file in the /store directory i get nothing.

I am using the default .htaccess fie from the contribution.

What am i doing wrong?

Cheers,

James

Edited by james.nation

Hi

I just got done installing Ultimate Seo Urls v2.6 (18 Aug 2008) + bug fix Full package

It seems to be working but since installing I can no longer get into the admin section.

When I try I get this error:

Warning: require(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/moonshine/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 128

Warning: require(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/moonshine/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 128

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/moonshine/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 128

I have spent hours trying to figure this out - googled it - searched here . . .

I have no idea how to fix it?

It would seem to say its missing: navigation_history.php But its indeed there.

This is line 128 from /public_html/admin/includes/

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'navigation_history.php');

Any help will be greatly appreciated . . .

KP

is it

includes/classes/navigation_history.php

or

admin/includes/classes/navigation_history.php

What does the installlation instructions say?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hi!

Thanks for the reply

I believe its includes/classes/navigation_history.php

Since there is no navigation_history.php file in the admin/includes/classes/ folder.

The instructions do not mention the file navigation_history.php anywhere that I see. It is not a file that was added by this install.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kyle

What are the permissions on includes/classes/navigation_history.php?

Have you changed any values in either configure.php file?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

What are the permissions on includes/classes/navigation_history.php?

Have you changed any values in either configure.php file?

Hi

I did not change values in either cofigure.php

The permissions are:

The includes/classes/ folder is 755

the file navigation_history.php is set at 644 (looks like all the files in the includes/classes folder are 644)

Thanks

KP

I'm experiencing the "Buy Now" bug where, when clicked, it takes you to the shopping cart page, and does not add the item to the cart. I've done some searching, and haven't been able to find a fix for it yet. Can someone tell me how to fix it/link me somewhere to find out how to fix it?

Thanks.