• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hey guys,

I have a problem. Our site has to be hosted on a PCI Compliant Server - which I'm sure many of you (at least in the U.S.) are also experiencing this requirement from your credit card merchant.

The problem is, when the hosting company changes the "User Directory Protection" to "off" - our SEO URL's don't work. The host is saying this shouldn't change anything with our site - but this is the second time this has happened now, and both times were the same change on the server.

I tried a google search in the forums for "User Directory Protection" +SEO URL and found nothing - so I am hoping somebody here has come across this or knows how to fix it as I am at a loss and our site is down until it gets fixed! :(

I tried simply turning SEO URL's off in the Admin, but I still can't get to a category page or a product page even with them turned off :blink: I get the error that the server is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete :(

Great Thanks in Advance to anyone who can help me resolve this issue! :blush:

I doubt it is you .. I'd imagine that your hosts kindly deleted the existing .htaccess when they did their work and therefore broke your site.

Read the contribution instructions relating to .htaccess and look at .htaccess to see if the code is in place.

If not .. replace the code then swear loudly at your inept hosts.

hi, i am thinking to install this contribution to my site, but i want to know first if the products will be accessable with the old way too, i mean with http://www.lalalxxxa.com/product_info.php?products_id=92 or only with the new way?

I am Maintaining :

Product_Short_Description (i added it on specials.php and in shopping_cart.php)

City Shipping Rates With Admin (fixed the error that was giving wrong total shipping charges)

I had Created :

UTF bug fix on standard reviews system (admin & block)

Corrupted character on mysql with utf-8

Turned out they changed the php register globals stuff. My .htaccess file was there, but it didn't work until I commented out this line:

php_value register_globals 1

originally when we setup the site with them they helped me learn I had to uncomment that line in order for SEO URL's to work - now with their changes I had to comment it back out :(

I've also learned my Credit Card Zapper is no longer connecting to the database - so I have to figure out what in the world they changed now to cause that script to no longer work - ARGH!!

:blush:

I doubt it is you .. I'd imagine that your hosts kindly deleted the existing .htaccess when they did their work and therefore broke your site.

Read the contribution instructions relating to .htaccess and look at .htaccess to see if the code is in place.

If not .. replace the code then swear loudly at your inept hosts.

~Tracy

Hi All,

I originally had v2.5 working on my site and it worked perfectly. I tried updating with v2.6 which it of course broke. So I removed everything and on somebody's request, installed the v2.1d released by FWR Media.

Now I've setup a test site which is running Apache 2.2.11 with php 5.2.8 and MySQl 5.1.30 running on an XP machine at home. The site works fine until I put v2.1d on it, then I get "URL Not Found messages". I was getting this when I put v2.6 on it......

These are the loaded Apache modules and mod-rewrite is there so can't see what the problem would be:

core mod_win32 mpm_winnt http_core mod_so mod_actions mod_alias mod_asis mod_auth_basic mod_authn_default mod_authn_file mod_authz_default mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_autoindex mod_cgi mod_dir mod_env mod_include mod_isapi mod_log_config mod_mime mod_negotiation mod_rewrite mod_setenvif mod_php5.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Clark

General Manager

Hi All,

I originally had v2.5 working on my site and it worked perfectly. I tried updating with v2.6 which it of course broke. So I removed everything and on somebody's request, installed the v2.1d released by FWR Media.

Now I've setup a test site which is running Apache 2.2.11 with php 5.2.8 and MySQl 5.1.30 running on an XP machine at home. The site works fine until I put v2.1d on it, then I get "URL Not Found messages". I was getting this when I put v2.6 on it......

These are the loaded Apache modules and mod-rewrite is there so can't see what the problem would be:

core mod_win32 mpm_winnt http_core mod_so mod_actions mod_alias mod_asis mod_auth_basic mod_authn_default mod_authn_file mod_authz_default mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_autoindex mod_cgi mod_dir mod_env mod_include mod_isapi mod_log_config mod_mime mod_negotiation mod_rewrite mod_setenvif mod_php5.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Matt

Just adding to the above, the website works if SEO URL's is turned off, so I'm guessing its either go to do with .htaccess file OR the seo.class.php file...????

I know it says if you're hosting on a windows server this won't work, but I'm gathering thats if its hosted on IIS rather than Apache running on Windows....

Matt Clark

General Manager

it could well be that you have a problem with the .htaccess file which you did not mention. i guess you will have to change a bit and can't just download and use it from the live site as they are different.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Ignore the last couple of messages. It came down to mod_rewrite being a pain to enable properly under Windows. All is working, has been uploaded to production and working fine.

Thanks!!

Matt Clark

General Manager

Hello!

Sorry for posting here but I do not know it where I shall turn for council in my problem!

Maybe you can help me. (I use this contribution!)

I changed some of my product names for better results in google.

Its work's well but the the old URL work's too and the google saw that's duplicate content. :blink:

Example:

Old URL : www.mysite.com/product-name-p-176.html

New URL : www.mysite.com/different-product-name-p-176.html

Different name but same product id and all URL works!

If I would recreate again the product with different id. I think I will loosing my postion in google results. (Now the products are in the first place in the Google results.)

Have you any idea please?

Sorry for my English!

Thank you

cheers

Hi, I am install the SEO URL V2.1 in my site already, it works well, however, my store got over 5000 items, it getting a loading speed problem when reach 3000 items. so I trying to install the advanced Cache for my site, and I trying to cached all product page, and speed up the loading speed. But I read though the installation file, it didn't really give me any answer for that. Can someone tell me what to do in order to cache the sql? thank you

ken

Hello!

Sorry for posting here but I do not know it where I shall turn for council in my problem!

Maybe you can help me. (I use this contribution!)

I changed some of my product names for better results in google.

Its work's well but the the old URL work's too and the google saw that's duplicate content. :blink:

Example:

Old URL : www.mysite.com/product-name-p-176.html

New URL : www.mysite.com/different-product-name-p-176.html

Different name but same product id and all URL works!

If I would recreate again the product with different id. I think I will loosing my postion in google results. (Now the products are in the first place in the Google results.)

Have you any idea please?

Sorry for my English!

Thank you

cheers

Search contributions for independent seo url validation.

Hi there,

I have this mod installed and it rewrites the products etc fine.

But... my problem is this.

I have the Extra pages-info box w-admin 4.6.1 contribution installed and so I get urls for these extra pages as follows:

mysite.com/catalog/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=5

When I enable SEO urls the pages are rewriting to:

/catalog/whatisaromatherapy-pm-4.html?language=en

But the page is going 404.

I suspect this is a htaccess issue. I added this into my htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

but that's had no affect.

Does anyone know how I can correct this? It's driving me mental!

Thanks

Have this installed on one site (http://sean-kennedy.co.uk/catalog/) and it works great. Tried to move the site to a new server (actually a new account on the same host) (http://79.170.40.247/paradisepretty.co.uk/) and copied all the OSC store files to the new host, imported the database from the first site and changed the configure.php and admin/configure.php files to the new host but the SEO URLS won't work now - I get the following when I click on a product:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /product_info.php on this server.

If I go directly to www.mydomain.com/product_info.php the page is displayed...

The debugging info in application_booton shows the following on the index page:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sites/paradisepretty.co.uk/public_html/includes/application_bottom.php on line 5

Line 5 is:

$seo_urls->profile();

Also, the catagories box is empty - related? I'm not sure. The only thing diferent in the two stores is the 2 configure.php files. Both sites are with the same web hosting company.

Anyone have any idea what's happening...

Cheers

Hey guys I just installed the Ultimate SEO URL 2.6 on my site.

And now when I go to log-in I get this error @ www.boostanddestroy.com/admin

"Warning: include_once(includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cbweaver/public_html/boostanddestroy.com/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 160

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cbweaver/public_html/boostanddestroy.com/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 160

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in /home/cbweaver/public_html/boostanddestroy.com/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 162"

Also Ultimate SEO does not seem to be working at all after my install.

Thank you!

Edited by boostanddestroy

noob-

Hey guys I just installed the Ultimate SEO URL 2.6 on my site.

And now when I go to log-in I get this error @ www.boostanddestroy.com/admin

"Warning: include_once(includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cbweaver/public_html/boostanddestroy.com/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 160

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cbweaver/public_html/boostanddestroy.com/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 160

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in /home/cbweaver/public_html/boostanddestroy.com/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 162"

Also Ultimate SEO does not seem to be working at all after my install.

Thank you!

I only support the 2.1d ORIGINAL updated versions of SEO URLs

But I will say this ..

"Warning: include_once(includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Because it SHOULD tell you that the file includes/classes/seo.class.php is inexistant.

I have been using this fantastic contribution for some time on another site.

I have recently created a couple of sites with multi-shop multiple stores, evrything appears to be working on the first site, all pages are linking correctly, but the second site i get the follwoing error with seo swithed on

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter. in /home/btadmin/domains/ipod-batterys.co.uk/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1173, on all the pages that it tries to bring in, ie header, column left etc.

and lines 1173 and 1174 are

if (strpos($origUrl, $catalog) !== FALSE)

$origUrl = substr($origUrl, strlen($catalog)); //remove the catalog from the url string

does anybody know if this contrib will work with multi stores or even better how to remedy it

Thank you.

David

I have been using this fantastic contribution for some time on another site.

I have recently created a couple of sites with multi-shop multiple stores, evrything appears to be working on the first site, all pages are linking correctly, but the second site i get the follwoing error with seo swithed on

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter. in /home/btadmin/domains/ipod-batterys.co.uk/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1173, on all the pages that it tries to bring in, ie header, column left etc.

and lines 1173 and 1174 are

if (strpos($origUrl, $catalog) !== FALSE)

$origUrl = substr($origUrl, strlen($catalog)); //remove the catalog from the url string

does anybody know if this contrib will work with multi stores or even better how to remedy it

Thank you.

I managed to work it out, the string related to dir_ws_http_catalog in includes/configure.php, I had left it blank, as the dir has no catalog, i replaced the blank with /" and it appears to now be working

David

I have installed version 2.1 of Ultimate SEO URLS. When I enable it everything seems to work fine, except on any product listing pages that have allot of items which require more than one page to list them. No matter if you gto page, 2, 3 etc. it keeps reloading the first page.

If anyone knows what to change to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have installed version 2.1 of Ultimate SEO URLS. When I enable it everything seems to work fine, except on any product listing pages that have allot of items which require more than one page to list them. No matter if you gto page, 2, 3 etc. it keeps reloading the first page.

If anyone knows what to change to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

We'll I think I found my answer about 60 pages back (phew that took awhile!). Haven't tried it yet but here it is again for the few others that asked about it a few pages back

change in seo.class.php (includes/classes).

Find function function Validatename($url, $type, $realID, $connection, $separator) (1036 line) and change two lines (comments them), like that :

// header("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently");

// header("Location: $link");

We'll I think I found my answer about 60 pages back (phew that took awhile!). Haven't tried it yet but here it is again for the few others that asked about it a few pages back

change in seo.class.php (includes/classes).

Find function function Validatename($url, $type, $realID, $connection, $separator) (1036 line) and change two lines (comments them), like that :

// header("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently");

// header("Location: $link");

You need to change to 2.1d updated + validation .. also make sure you have modded tep_redirect in includes/functions/general.php to remove &

Hi there,

I have this mod installed and it rewrites the products etc fine.

But... my problem is this.

I have the Extra pages-info box w-admin 4.6.1 contribution installed and so I get urls for these extra pages as follows:

mysite.com/catalog/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=5

When I enable SEO urls the pages are rewriting to:

/catalog/whatisaromatherapy-pm-4.html?language=en

But the page is going 404.

I suspect this is a htaccess issue. I added this into my htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

but that's had no affect.

Does anyone know how I can correct this? It's driving me mental!

Thanks

Well, I got it sorted - in case anyone else is having this problem....

Open your htaccess file.

Find the following lines:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

and replace them with:

Save and upload to your server and all should be fine.

Cheers

Kathy

I only support the 2.1d ORIGINAL updated versions of SEO URLs

I would like to install this contribution but am somewhat confused by the number of different versions available plus your comment above.

There are two 2.1d downloads (7 & 23 Nov 2008) plus the 2.6 version. Which one should I use?

Cheers, Paul.

Ok now temporarily replace the code between ..

$this->need_redirect = false;

and ..

$this->uri = ltrim( basename($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']), '/' );

With ..

// BOF: FWR - Some servers show the folders in getenv('PATH_INFO') like /catalog/shop/
			$getEnvPathInfo = getenv('PATH_INFO');
			if( false !== strpos($getEnvPathInfo, DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG) ){
			  $rawpath = str_replace(DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG, '', $getEnvPathInfo);
			} else {
			  $rawpath = $getEnvPathInfo;
			}  
			$this->path_info = is_numeric(strpos(ltrim($rawpath, '/') , '/')) ? ltrim($rawpath, '/') : NULL;
			// EOF: FWR - Some servers show the folders in getenv('PATH_INFO') like /catalog/shop/

Thanks for this bug fix for manufacturer drop down :)

I'm using Ultimate SEO URLs v2.6 (FullPackage) bug fix and I have the same problem.

Bye!

Edited by PiLLaO

I would like to install this contribution but am somewhat confused by the number of different versions available plus your comment above.

There are two 2.1d downloads (7 & 23 Nov 2008) plus the 2.6 version. Which one should I use?

Cheers, Paul.

Not sure why you are confused Paul .. I only support 2.1d ORIGINAL updated so download the latest one that is 2.1d ORIGINAL updated.

You can of course download any you like I just won't support the versions that I didn't upload/maintain.