• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hello,

Great contrib but I have a little problem:

When Force Cookie use is set to True, direction show the correct way:

http: //localhost/tienda_base/microsoft-intellimouse-explorer-p-26.html

but I can't add the item to the cart (it leaves me to the cookies' page)

But when Force Cookie use is set to False (which is the option I want not to lose sells), direction shows the following way

http://localhost/tienda_base/microsoft-int...u6gokvmmu51lmq0

and it that case I can add the item to cart.

Could anybody give me a idea please?

Sébastien

Note: the shop is not located in the root

This is nothing to do with SEO URLs it is a settings issue. Perhaps make a post in the general forums.

The contrib system is there for people to post contibutions. The only issues occur when .. like seo urls .. the original concept is overloaded with bad addons and partial changes.

If you feel it is valuable then why not start a new contrib as a USU fork?

I will look into doing that then.

This is nothing to do with SEO URLs it is a settings issue. Perhaps make a post in the general forums.

First of all, thank's for your help.

I'm no so quite sure it is not a SEO URL problem since the direction shows correctly if Force Cookie use set to True and wrongly when set to False; in fact, it looks like if Add cPath to Product URL was set to True when it is not the case. Could it have something to see with your contrib 5942 ?

Sébastien

How do I add hyphens to the output product url - now it is written "../aloetoner65oz192ml-p-138.html", and I want it to be "../aloe-toner-65-oz-192-ml-p-138.html"? No words in products, categoeries etc are separated by anything, and I guess it is a tiny problem to fix, but I am not that smart...

Thank you!

Hi,

The urls for products contain product names.

I also need to add "products_model" field in the url.

Can anyone tell me how can I do that ?

I do not have much knowledge about htaccess file, so please can anyone help me!

Edited by ujjaval_modi
Manpower moves wrenches, horsepower moves cars, and the power of the mind moves the world !

How do I add hyphens to the output product url - now it is written "../aloetoner65oz192ml-p-138.html", and I want it to be "../aloe-toner-65-oz-192-ml-p-138.html"? No words in products, categoeries etc are separated by anything, and I guess it is a tiny problem to fix, but I am not that smart...

Thank you!

Set this -> Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? to false from admin panel and you are done. You will get hyphens in product url.

Manpower moves wrenches, horsepower moves cars, and the power of the mind moves the world !

Hi everyone,

I am having some headaches when trying to use this contrib, I have got it set up to the point where urls are changed to the seo friendly versions, (e.g. "http://192.168.1.8/WEBSITES/oscommerce_test/catalog/unreal-tournament-p-22.html") but any product page returns a "Page not found" error - making me think that there is an issue with the .htaccess file.

The line in .htaccess which defines the site location reads: "RewriteBase /WEBSITES/oscommerce_test/catalog/" (I have also tried "/" and "/WEBSITES/oscommerce_test/")

I am working on a clean installation of OSCommerce, .htaccess is in the right place (catalog) and is linked to the sites folder properly as far as I can tell. The database is set up to connect to localhost, however, and some people have also mentioned this can cause issues. I have seen some other people with the same issue but none of the solutions posted in this (huuuuge) thread have worked for me.

Am I missing something obvious? Any help and I would be eternally in your debt.

Hi everyone,

I am having some headaches when trying to use this contrib, I have got it set up to the point where urls are changed to the seo friendly versions, (e.g. "http://192.168.1.8/WEBSITES/oscommerce_test/catalog/unreal-tournament-p-22.html") but any product page returns a "Page not found" error - making me think that there is an issue with the .htaccess file.

The line in .htaccess which defines the site location reads: "RewriteBase /WEBSITES/oscommerce_test/catalog/" (I have also tried "/" and "/WEBSITES/oscommerce_test/")

I am working on a clean installation of OSCommerce, .htaccess is in the right place (catalog) and is linked to the sites folder properly as far as I can tell. The database is set up to connect to localhost, however, and some people have also mentioned this can cause issues. I have seen some other people with the same issue but none of the solutions posted in this (huuuuge) thread have worked for me.

Am I missing something obvious? Any help and I would be eternally in your debt.

Maybe /WEBSITES/oscommerce_test/catalog/

Perhaps ..

/oscommerce_test/catalog/

If WEBSITES is serving as your public_html/www folder

I just installed Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1d UPDATED-23-NOV-2008 to my site (which also has two other fantastic contributions: Header Tags SEO v3.1.0 and Site Search Plus v1.1). The redirect, 404 error, etc all work fine in IE, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox when I am ALREADY on my site, but when clicking on an indexed page at Google (like this one) AND using Firefox it returns the following:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/content/p/r/o/MYSITE/html/includes/application_top.php on line 325

After that error shows, then no matter what page I enter for my site, it still shows the same error code until I clear the cookies and cache and re-start Firefox. (Please note that this only shows up using links that have now changed as a result of adding the Ultimate SEO URL). This is a huge problem since someone directly surfing in using an indexed link generates the error code.

Starting on line 314 and ending on line 335 the catalog/includes/application_top.php code is:

// navigation history
 if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {
   if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {
     $broken_navigation = $navigation;
     $navigation = new navigationHistory;
     $navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);
   }
 } else {
   tep_session_register('navigation');
   $navigation = new navigationHistory;
 }
 $navigation->add_current_page();

// Shopping cart actions
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'])) {
// redirect the customer to a friendly cookie-must-be-enabled page if cookies are disabled
   if ($session_started == false) {
     tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_COOKIE_USAGE));
   }

if (DISPLAY_CART == 'true') {
     $goto =  FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART;

Is my code messed up? Is this a bug? Has anyone else found this problem and solved the issue?

I am very thankful to everyone that helps me!

Since this could also matter...My site is hosted on a Linux OS running PHP 5.

Any ideas to help me fix it???

Works fine for me in Firefox

Hello anyone can help me, i have a problem with the Next Page Product it only display this one. http://www.rebelimports.co.uk/accessories-...22_291_372.html when you hit. the next or no. 2 button, it just say http://www.rebelimports.co.uk/accessories-...372.html?page=2 and it will not go to the other page.

Pls Help

I have seen this before with one of the versions of USU which version are you using?

I can't remember the cause and fix but the version I support (2.1d ORIGINAL updated) does not suffer this problem. Alternatively the fix is in the USU thread somewhere.

Hi,

What would be causing the links to show up as "index.php?cPath=...." in the source and on the page, but when clicked it displays the correct SEO URL? Using Ultimate SEO URLS v2.1d UPDATED 23-NOV-2008 and osC RC2a (latest)

and the links are DEFINTELY NOT hard coded (using the tep_href_link function for all links)

Cheers

Edited by sLaV-

Hi,

What would be causing the links to show up as "index.php?cPath=...." in the source and on the page, but when clicked it displays the correct SEO URL? Using Ultimate SEO URLS v2.1d UPDATED 23-NOV-2008 and osC RC2a (latest)

and the links are DEFINTELY NOT hard coded (using the tep_href_link function for all links)

Cheers

Try refreshing your categories cache in admin/tools/cache control.

Try refreshing your categories cache in admin/tools/cache control.

Nope ... same issue

im using FWR Menu and i reset the cache on that too - still not working - I even set "Use Cache" to false in config ... still same issue ... and its not just happening in the categories menu ... also happens in product listing on main page ... links are showing as index.php?cPath=...?products_id=... but when i click on it, the URL displays correct in the browser ... weird

Edited by sLaV-

Hi,

Cheers

I'd need to see a link because as you correctly surmised and prehandled that only happens with hardcoded links.

Hello at all,

I have installed ultimate seo url v2.6 and it work well. But the column products_seo_url of the table products_description and the column categories_seo_url of the table categories_description, are clean, without any date.

Is it ok?

Thanks for your support.

I'd need to see a link because as you correctly surmised and prehandled that only happens with hardcoded links.

Hi Robert,

Cheers for the response ... I completely removed the contribution, removed all Ultimate SEO URLS settings from the database and reinstalled it again - working fine now ... real weird cos all I did was remove the code i added into the modified files - uploaded those files back to the server (so it had no Ultimate SEO URLs code in there) - tested to make sure it was working without it (which it was) .... then put the same code for Ultimate SEO URLs i took out of the files back in - reuploaded - working fine now

Cheers

Hi Robert,

Cheers for the response ... I completely removed the contribution, removed all Ultimate SEO URLS settings from the database and reinstalled it again - working fine now ... real weird cos all I did was remove the code i added into the modified files - uploaded those files back to the server (so it had no Ultimate SEO URLs code in there) - tested to make sure it was working without it (which it was) .... then put the same code for Ultimate SEO URLs i took out of the files back in - reuploaded - working fine now

Cheers

Ok sLaV we'll put it down to .. "the aliens did it!" :D

Hi, Guys,

I have Ultimate SEO at www.pentuvio.com, it works fine, but

today I make a change in OsCommerce 2.2 , now it display

products "sold out".

For they in Categories the product's Category don't riceved

"selected"... while for products in stock it get "selected".

I try change includes/classes/seo.class.php in line 1471:

WHERE p.products_status='1'";

>>

";

This is only place where I find "products_status", but this

"fix" don't works... How I can fix it?

Thanks a lot!