• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hello at all.

I have installed the "Ultimate Seo Urls Version 2.6", but it don,t work. When i click in anywhere product, i see the next message: "The requested URL /xx/directory/name_product.html was not found on this server.".

I have installed it in a local server (localhost), and i don,t know if is by it the error. I check all the process of installation and it is well. Anybody can help me?

Thanks.

I installed this contribution and it worked straight away .. so many thanks for a seamless and pain-free contribution.

I was hoping that there could be a simple solution for one minor issue.

The URL's created are separated by a dash ....

http://www.domain.co.uk/prada-glasses-acet...c-1338_503.html

Is there a way to use an Underscore rather than a dash ? So the URL would read

http://www.domain.co.uk/prada_glasses_acet...c_1338_503.html

many thanks

J

Hello at all.

I have installed the "Ultimate Seo Urls Version 2.6", but it don,t work. When i click in anywhere product, i see the next message: "The requested URL /xx/directory/name_product.html was not found on this server.".

I have installed it in a local server (localhost), and i don,t know if is by it the error. I check all the process of installation and it is well. Anybody can help me?

Thanks.

Modesto,

I installed the contribution on my test server (an xampp installation on my home machine) and I got similar errors to you. When I installed on the actual working server the errors didn't appear and the contribution worked as it was meant to.

I'm really not sure if this answer is of any use .... I hope it is though

Modesto,

I installed the contribution on my test server (an xampp installation on my home machine) and I got similar errors to you. When I installed on the actual working server the errors didn't appear and the contribution worked as it was meant to.

I'm really not sure if this answer is of any use .... I hope it is though

Hello John K,

Thanks for your support. I probed to install in my actual working server, and i had the same error. I think that should be some configuration of the server, i am studing it. If anybody can help me...

I installed this contribution and it worked straight away .. so many thanks for a seamless and pain-free contribution.

I was hoping that there could be a simple solution for one minor issue.

The URL's created are separated by a dash ....

http://www.domain.co.uk/prada-glasses-acet...c-1338_503.html

Is there a way to use an Underscore rather than a dash ? So the URL would read

http://www.domain.co.uk/prada_glasses_acet...c_1338_503.html

many thanks

J

Read this first ..

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/dashes-vs-underscores/

Hello John K,

Thanks for your support. I probed to install in my actual working server, and i had the same error. I think that should be some configuration of the server, i am studing it. If anybody can help me...

The only time it can error (on a linux box)

Is when rewriterules do not have sufficient permissions .. mod_rewrite is not enabled or .htaccess has conflicting rewriterules.

The only time it can error (on a linux box)

Is when rewriterules do not have sufficient permissions .. mod_rewrite is not enabled or .htaccess has conflicting rewriterules.

Hello Robert,

Thanks for your support, i will try find the problem of it.

The only problem i fined is that people cant sign up for an account on my website. After you put your email and address in it takes you to another page that says

"0 -

insert into customers_info (customers_info_id, customers_info_number_of_logons, customers_info_date_account_created) values ('0', '0', now())

[TEP STOP]".

I've the same problem, no solutions? <_<

I've the same problem, no solutions? <_<

Not here no because I can't see any link between SEO urls and create_account.php.

Hi all,

Was wondering if you could help me. I've had v2.5 installed for a while now and I thought all was good. I then ran into a problem where if you clicked on a certain product, added that to your cart, continued shopping and clicked on another product, it would just add to the original product. I turned SEO URL's off and the problem fixed itself.

I looked at v2.6 and thought it was a simple "upgrade" which may fix my problem. Guess what, it caused more problems than expected. Basically, it's completely shut down the categories / products pages. I've tried to revert back to v2.5 but it still hasn't fixed it. Keep getting 404 NOT FOUND errors....

Anybody able to help as to where the problem might be????? It was working fine up until I installed 2.6.

I'm concerned Google will go and re-index everything based on non-SEO URL's.....

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Clark

General Manager

Hi all,

Was wondering if you could help me. I've had v2.5 installed for a while now and I thought all was good. I then ran into a problem where if you clicked on a certain product, added that to your cart, continued shopping and clicked on another product, it would just add to the original product. I turned SEO URL's off and the problem fixed itself.

I looked at v2.6 and thought it was a simple "upgrade" which may fix my problem. Guess what, it caused more problems than expected. Basically, it's completely shut down the categories / products pages. I've tried to revert back to v2.5 but it still hasn't fixed it. Keep getting 404 NOT FOUND errors....

Anybody able to help as to where the problem might be????? It was working fine up until I installed 2.6.

I'm concerned Google will go and re-index everything based on non-SEO URL's.....

Thanks,

Matt

This is an issue with oscommerce reported by me ..

http://svn.oscommerce.com/jira/browse/OSC-478

Anyone have any ideas as to why I would get a redirect loop when I disable Ultimate SEO URL's? I know this has been touched on, barely, in this forum but no real answer as far as I can tell...

I have FWR's validation installed as well if that helps.

Thanks.

Edited by DimeNote

Will this contribution cause the slave products not to be displayed when the products_id is not numeric? I am not an expert in PHP so I don't know what the following code (includes/classes/seo.class.php) will do or any part of the file does related to the rest of a website.

function is_product_string($params){

if ( is_numeric(strpos('products_id', $params)) ){

return false;

} else {

return true;

}

} # end function

Anyone have any ideas as to why I would get a redirect loop when I disable Ultimate SEO URL's? I know this has been touched on, barely, in this forum but no real answer as far as I can tell...

I have FWR's validation installed as well if that helps.

Thanks.

Yes because you have replaced the standard tep_href_link function when you installed seo urls .. it should not be turned off .. there is no reason to do so.

Will this contribution cause the slave products not to be displayed when the products_id is not numeric? I am not an expert in PHP so I don't know what the following code (includes/classes/seo.class.php) will do or any part of the file does related to the rest of a website.

function is_product_string($params){

if ( is_numeric(strpos('products_id', $params)) ){

return false;

} else {

return true;

}

} # end function

Slave products? are you talking about products with attributes?

seo urls works, just make sure you install 2.1d original updated which currently has no known issues.

Yes because you have replaced the standard tep_href_link function when you installed seo urls .. it should not be turned off .. there is no reason to do so.

Thanks for the reply. I don't intend on keeping it off I just wondered what would happen if I did since the option is there to turn it off. I just wanted to be sure this was the expected behavior.

Thanks again for your time.

I just installed the v2.1d November 2008 update and i seem to be getting an error when i click on catalog in the admin side of things. I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop2\catalog\admin\categories.php on line 25

In my categories.php file i have this around line 25:

// BOC - Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1d UPDATED - 07-11-2008
// If the action will affect the cache entries
   if ( eregi("(insert|update|setflag)", $action) ) include_once
// EOC - Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1d UPDATED - 07-11-2008

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

Line 25 is:

On the catalog side everything works just fine.

I just installed the v2.1d November 2008 update and i seem to be getting an error when i click on catalog in the admin side of things. I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop2\catalog\admin\categories.php on line 25

In my categories.php file i have this around line 25:

// BOC - Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1d UPDATED - 07-11-2008
   if ( eregi("(insert|update|setflag)", $action) ) include_once
// EOC - Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1d UPDATED - 07-11-2008

Line 25 is:

On the catalog side everything works just fine.

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1

if ( eregi("(insert|update|setflag)", $action) ) include_once('includes/reset_seo_cache.php');

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 end

switch ($action) {

Hi,

I have installed the v2.6 of seo urls, now how can rewrite urls in this format :

http://www.yourdomain.com/category-title-c13/subcategory-title-s23/product-title-p44/

Also I have information pages which it converts to www.yourdomain.com/-i-5.html. Can it be change to get associated www.yourdomain.com/information-title.html as url ?

Edited by ujjaval_modi
Manpower moves wrenches, horsepower moves cars, and the power of the mind moves the world !

Hi,

I have installed the v2.6 of seo urls, now how can rewrite urls in this format :

http://www.yourdomain.com/category-title-c13/subcategory-title-s23/product-title-p44/

Also I have information pages which it converts to www.yourdomain.com/-i-5.html. Can it be change to get associated www.yourdomain.com/information-title.html as url ?

Uninstall it and install 2.1d ORIGINAL updated by FWR Media 7 Nov 2008

I have installed this Contribution, and works great.

Thank you very much for your effort.

Now i have the site local, on my laptop, but have problems with links, after Ultimate SEO URL v2.1

Online works fine.

Offline, when try to acces a link www.mydomain.com/aaaaa.html , dosen't exist.

Actually, this link is generate by this contribution, but works only online.

Any ideas how to work offline?

I have installed the sql file, all files, everything looks ok.

The main page it is ok, but any link, dosen't work.

Thank you,

Edmond