• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I'm glad we were able to pinpoint and fix this bug. This will likely help many other users as well.

On a seperate note: If I ever decide to move my store from /temp/ to root will these changes need to be updated?

No in fact I just re uploaded 2.1d ORIGINAL updated as a bug fix. As such it should not affect any of the standard function.

I really appreciate you taking the time to sort this out with me. Your support and dedication is well noted. Thanks again.

My pleasure.

That is not an issue in 2.1d ORIGINAL updated and I don't support other versions sorry.

As far as i can recall i am using 2.1d with url validation, and all code shows "// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1". Not sure if any other contrib has alter somthing and the only modification i has done with it is regarding information page unlimited.

If i select a Manufacturers in the Manufacturers drop down list if make url like this -> scanoffice-oy-m-10.html and working.

If i then select "Please Select" in the drop down list it shows -> -m-.html and get a 404

I dont have a clean shop with only 2.1d but if you say 2.1d dont do this i have to look elswhere.

As far as i can recall i am using 2.1d with url validation, and all code shows "// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1". Not sure if any other contrib has alter somthing and the only modification i has done with it is regarding information page unlimited.

If i select a Manufacturers in the Manufacturers drop down list if make url like this -> scanoffice-oy-m-10.html and working.

If i then select "Please Select" in the drop down list it shows -> -m-.html and get a 404

I dont have a clean shop with only 2.1d but if you say 2.1d dont do this i have to look elswhere.

I'll have a look at a link if you post one.

Just tried it and it seems to work perfectly.

***UPDATE***

No I see your problem and it is not seo urls. The "Please Select" should not be selectable itself .. perhaps you have alterred function tep_draw_pull_down_menu?

or perhaps you deleted the following from includes/boxes/manufacturers.php

if (MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST < 2) {
	$manufacturers_array[] = array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT);
  }

Edited by FWR Media

Thats funny, because it is not working from here. I also find a similar failiur in one of the live shops.

The first brand in list:

http://www.sharpweblabs.com/shop/absorbaid-m-17.html

Then select "Please select"

http://www.sharpweblabs.com/shop/-m-.html

And you sure you first click one manufacture in the list and load and than click on "Pleace select" in list again.

public_html is web root

and not just RewriteBase but ..

RewriteBase /

Well, I guess you learn something new everyday. Thanks for correct info.

Got all working on the demo site. However, upon attempted install on live site got new error:

Fatal error:

Call to undefined function: tep_image() in /home/super175/public_html/includes/header.php

on line 57

So, it was not the function in html_output.php???????

Thanks again.

***UPDATE***

No I see your problem and it is not seo urls. The "Please Select" should not be selectable itself .. perhaps you have alterred function tep_draw_pull_down_menu?

or perhaps you deleted the following from includes/boxes/manufacturers.php

if (MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST < 2) {
	$manufacturers_array[] = array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT);
  }

The if statment is the same in the manufacture boxes.

And tep_draw_pull_down_menu i have not changed and a quick compare dont show any changes.

The only different i see is that if i select a manufacture it stays on that selection after page load, other seem to jump back to default value with "pleace select" showing.

// Output a form pull down menu
 function tep_draw_pull_down_menu($name, $values, $default = '', $parameters = '', $required = false) {
global $HTTP_GET_VARS, $HTTP_POST_VARS;

$field = '<select name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"';

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

$field .= '>';

if (empty($default) && ( (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[$name]) && is_string($HTTP_GET_VARS[$name])) || (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS[$name]) && is_string($HTTP_POST_VARS[$name])) ) ) {
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[$name]) && is_string($HTTP_GET_VARS[$name])) {
	$default = stripslashes($HTTP_GET_VARS[$name]);
  } elseif (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS[$name]) && is_string($HTTP_POST_VARS[$name])) {
	$default = stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS[$name]);
  }
}

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($values); $i<$n; $i++) {
  $field .= '<option value="' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['id']) . '"';
  if ($default == $values[$i]['id']) {
	$field .= ' SELECTED';
  }

$field .= '>' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '"', '\'' => ''', '<' => '<', '>' => '>')) . '</option>';
}
$field .= '</select>';

if ($required == true) $field .= TEXT_FIELD_REQUIRED;

return $field;
 }

@hwkd and @www.in.no

Neither of those issues are related to Ultimate SEO URLs .. please take the issues to the general help forum as it pollutes this thread and makes it hard for others to find solutions.

Ahh then you can't use it .. if they wont enable it (it is very standard) find a new supplier.

can you visit [/url]www.wearandgifts.com[/url], it seams work

instead of this wath can i use?

Edited by JorgeCosta

can you visit [/url]www.wearandgifts.com[/url], it seams work

instead of this wath can i use?

Yes it is working therefore your host settings seem fine.

hi, I have installed Ultimate SEO URLs in my cart. When I try to create a account I get the following error

0 -

insert into customers_info (customers_info_id, customers_info_number_of_logons, customers_info_date_account_created) values ('0', '0', now())

[TEP STOP]

Also orders are not inserted into the database any longer when an order is placed.

Something serious has gone wrong

Reverting back to the old code fixes all these errors.

Can anyone help me please? Any experts?

hi, I have installed Ultimate SEO URLs in my cart. When I try to create a account I get the following error

0 -

insert into customers_info (customers_info_id, customers_info_number_of_logons, customers_info_date_account_created) values ('0', '0', now())

[TEP STOP]

Also orders are not inserted into the database any longer when an order is placed.

Something serious has gone wrong

Reverting back to the old code fixes all these errors.

Can anyone help me please? Any experts?

Which version of SEO URLs did you install?

headers already sent error is normaly due to whitespaces before a opening php tag or after a closing tag. So you may not be able to see the error. You have to check every start and end and make sure there is no one there.

I am not sure it is in seo.class file. Check index.php at line 39 it should be the first html output and the last php code over that line is call to language file. "

Sins the error is only with one language i will bet the error is in the language file. check them for withspace, newline ...

Thanks for your helping reply,

You mean that I should check all the files under my English Folder root to find any page with white spaces..

Or only some main files at this folder?

Thanks again,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

You mean that I should check all the files under my English Folder root to find any page with white spaces..

Thanks again,

Nathali

I would have started with the main file english.php and the index.php in the english folder. And the files you have been editing or added to the english language.

Thanks again,

Nathali

Nathali

Please take this issue into the general forums .. this is not an SEO URL issue and you are making it difficult for people who do have seo urls issues to find solutions.

Nathali

Please take this issue into the general forums .. this is not an SEO URL issue and you are making it difficult for people who do have seo urls issues to find solutions.

Hi,

I am quite sure it connected to my SEO. even when I disable SEO it is not disabled like it should be ! some of my links are SEO and some of them are with cpath links...

Pls see it in my web Visit My Website

Thanks..

Best Regards,

Nathali

Hi,

I am quite sure it connected to my SEO. even when I disable SEO it is not disabled like it should be ! some of my links are SEO and some of them are with cpath links...

Pls see it in my web Visit My Website

Thanks..

You have edited a file wrongly and it has whitespace .. it is NOT an seo urls issue.

Hi I have installed v2.1 of SEO URLs

2.1 doesn't tell me which version just which series of versions. Anyway other than you making errors while editing files I really can't see how this contribution could cause what you are experiencing.

You have edited a file wrongly and it has whitespace .. it is NOT an seo urls issue.

Hi Dear FWR !!!

I fixed it. You know what my problem was??

NOT the white spaces, I had to disable the cache... in admin under cache "use cache to FALSE"

Thanks god it almost drived me crazy... :-)))

Now, My main problem is that my links doesn't do the rules in the htaccess file

Also my links doesn't saprated by - sign...

Instead of getting "acer-memory" I get "acermemory" ???

Any clue will be appreciated !!!

Thanks a lot to all of you,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

Hi Dear FWR !!!

I fixed it. You know what my problem was??

NOT the white spaces, I had to disable the cache... in admin under cache "use cache to FALSE"

Thanks god it almost drived me crazy... :-)))

Instead of getting "acer-memory" I get "acermemory" ???

Any clue will be appreciated !!!

Thanks a lot to all of you,

Nathali

That doesn't tell me the problem. What do you mean "doesn't do the rules".

Do you have anything in .. "Enter special character conversions"?

That doesn't tell me the problem. What do you mean "doesn't do the rules".

Do you have anything in .. "Enter special character conversions"?

1. No.. I don't have values at "Enter special character conversions"?

2. Is the htaccess should convert the -i- to information.html ??

Any help what should I do will be appreciated..

Thanks in advance !!

Best Regards,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

Hi FWR

I just installed your version of ultimate SEO URLs

The only problem i fined is that people cant sign up for an account on my website. After you put your email and address in it takes you to another page that says

"0 -

[TEP STOP]".

Also in admin/customers area, when i click edit on one of the accounts i just created i get this error at the top of the page

"Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18"

But when i click edit on a account i made before i installed ultimate SEO url, i don’t get the same error.

Please can you help me out?

Thanks.

Hi FWR

I just installed your version of ultimate SEO URLs

The only problem i fined is that people cant sign up for an account on my website. After you put your email and address in it takes you to another page that says

"0 -

[TEP STOP]".

Also in admin/customers area, when i click edit on one of the accounts i just created i get this error at the top of the page

"Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18"

But when i click edit on a account i made before i installed ultimate SEO url, i don’t get the same error.

Please can you help me out?

Thanks.

You need to go back over file changes that you made .. SEO URLs would not cause such an issue.