• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone can help me out? I am fairly new to this forum and have most everything set up the way I want it. I have installed the Ultimate SEO URL and it works fine, except one thing. There is a "Details" button on my site when you put your mouse over that button, it does not point you to the static URL that it should. The title of the product will point you to the static url but the "Details" button will not? Would you know how I can either fix the "details button" to point to the static looking url or can someone tell me how to remove the "Details Button"? Hopefully that made sense? Below is an example:

Product title URL points to http://url.com/product-name-p-48.html

Details button points to http://url.com/product_info.php?products_id=48

Both ends up in the same location. The problem with the above is that is considered "Duplicate Content" and will provide bad SEO rankings.

Can someone please help? I can PM the URL or post here, but not sure if I can do that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

The detail button does not seem to be using tep_href_link is it a template?

The detail button does not seem to be using tep_href_link is it a template?

Sorry not sure what the tep_href_link is? Can you help out with what I should be doing to fix it? It is a template that I implemented.

Thanks so much.

I've just installed Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d_UPDATED_1_2.zip and it seems to be working just fine, but in the admin side at the top of the admin SEO controls, I have this message:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /usr/home/xxxxxxxx/domains/adarkdesire.com/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1233

I went and looked, and there's only a { on that line. Any clues what this is trying to tell me?

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere in this thread, but it's exceedingly long, and the search here sucks.

Ok so ..

http://bellabacci.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25

Redirects to ..

http://bellabacci.com/catalog/sandals-c-25.html

Which then throws a 404 error.

This means that the .htaccess redirects are not functioning because sandals-c-25.html is translated by the USU .htaccess rules as cPath=25 which is of course the standard osc querystring.

Before we check other stuff could you check that RewriteBase is set as /catalog/

I may have the same problem. My home page and store info pages are the only ones I don’t get a 404 error. I finally turned off USU so that I can access my product pages. I tried to figure out how to fix it using your directions to Frank but I guess I’m not as good at it as he is. Could you give me more complete directions as to how to fix the problem (if that is my problem)?

I went to my .htaccess file and found this: RewriteBase /directory/

I changed it to RewriteBase/catalog/ but that didn’t fix the problem.

My site is www.prissypupboutique.com

I really do need help.

I may have the same problem. My home page and store info pages are the only ones I don’t get a 404 error. I finally turned off USU so that I can access my product pages. I tried to figure out how to fix it using your directions to Frank but I guess I’m not as good at it as he is. Could you give me more complete directions as to how to fix the problem (if that is my problem)?

I went to my .htaccess file and found this: RewriteBase /directory/

I changed it to RewriteBase/catalog/ but that didn’t fix the problem.

My site is www.prissypupboutique.com

I really do need help.

you need

RewriteBase /

I've just installed Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d_UPDATED_1_2.zip and it seems to be working just fine, but in the admin side at the top of the admin SEO controls, I have this message:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /usr/home/xxxxxxxx/domains/adarkdesire.com/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1233

I went and looked, and there's only a { on that line. Any clues what this is trying to tell me?

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere in this thread, but it's exceedingly long, and the search here sucks.

It has been covered before and you should have searched rather than posted. The search here doesn't work but google does.

Anyway you simply didn't follow the instructions, one of which is to add a function to admin/includes/functions/general.php.

I just looked. I did happen to make the correct changes, I just didn't happen to upload it to the right place. Sorry to bother you.

I wasn't being offensive just truthfull. It gets really tiring answering the same questions over and over. It also makes the support topics unreadable due to excessive legnth.

Re: Google search you use the following: -

site:oscommerce.com <my search text>

So your search would have been ..

site:oscommerce.com call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]

Oh .. and a "thank you for helping me" would have been polite. Rather than the sarcastic "sorry to bother you".

Edited by FWR Media

you need

RewriteBase /

That worked, I have no idea how you knew to do that. But it's wonderful that it fixed it, thank you very much. I am not experienced in code and I get very nervous when working with addons but your directions were very complete and easy to follow. I don't remember seeing anything about changing that but I must have missed it. Again, thank you. I guess now I'll finish setting up per the last section of your instructions.

I've searched through quite a few pages and I don't see where this problem has been asked or answered before.

Everything on my site works great except one little thing. I can not go to the "Next" pages. When browsing a category that has several pages of products, if I click the "Next" page link or say page 2, 3, ect, it just shows the same products that are on page 1.

Here is one of the url's that shows for a second page for example: /articles-hobbies-c-32_42.html?page=2&sort=2a which looks right? But every time I try clicking the next page links, I don't get the next page.

Everything on the site works fine, it's been live for a while and sales work pretty much without a hitch.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

I've searched through quite a few pages and I don't see where this problem has been asked or answered before.

Everything on my site works great except one little thing. I can not go to the "Next" pages. When browsing a category that has several pages of products, if I click the "Next" page link or say page 2, 3, ect, it just shows the same products that are on page 1.

Here is one of the url's that shows for a second page for example: /articles-hobbies-c-32_42.html?page=2&sort=2a which looks right? But every time I try clicking the next page links, I don't get the next page.

Everything on the site works fine, it's been live for a while and sales work pretty much without a hitch.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

This is one of the faults with the 2.2 + versions of the contribution. I recommend use of 2.1d ORIGINAL updated.

I have googled my problem but have not found a solution. It appears that I am not alone with this issue. When a new customer account is made, some of the information is not sent to the database correctly (I'm not a programmer, please forgive my lack of correct information). When I see a new customer in the admin, I see their name , but when I get to state and province is says: TEXT_NONE, TEXT_NONE, TEXT_NONE

If I try to edit it, when I click on the edit, I get the message:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /usr/home/darkdesire/domains/adarkdesire.com/public_html/store/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /usr/home/darkdesire/domains/adarkdesire.com/public_html/store/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

I can edit their information, however, it doesn't stick. Also, I can't see their orders. I've tried to change information in the sql backend, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm at a loss.

Thank you in advance for any ideas any of you might have.

The reason why I'm posting this issue here is that they all seem to reference it to Ultimate SEO URLs

Nothing to do with USU whatsoever.

TEXT_NONE is a define used in various locations in includes/functions/general.php including functions referencing tax and zones (titles missing or inexistant)

The only time that a define is written as pure text "TEXT_NONE" is when it hasn't in fact been defined as a constant.

TEXT_NONE should be defined in includes/languages/<my language>/<my language>.php

Edited by FWR Media

Hello!

Having v2.1d updated (and working fine) I need to add code to the htaccess to block a couple nasty IP's are spamming and one of which is even noted by Symentec as injecting viruses. The IP banning contribs do not exclude all the pages even though they pretend to with the addition in application-top.

So my question is, how to insert the code in the .htaccess file with all the rewrites. It seems to me that normally the code would be something like :

order allow,deny

deny from xx.xx.xx.xx

allow from all

But not being sure if that is the way nor how to place it I would love some advice.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mandy

Hello!

Having v2.1d updated (and working fine) I need to add code to the htaccess to block a couple nasty IP's are spamming and one of which is even noted by Symentec as injecting viruses. The IP banning contribs do not exclude all the pages even though they pretend to with the addition in application-top.

So my question is, how to insert the code in the .htaccess file with all the rewrites. It seems to me that normally the code would be something like :

order allow,deny

deny from xx.xx.xx.xx

allow from all

But not being sure if that is the way nor how to place it I would love some advice.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mandy

That is it.

I don't ever recall that anyone specified where it needed to go. I would add it near the top. Here is a nice guide.

http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess.shtml

Thank you Bushmaster, I'll give it a try. Was just worried since I'm not really sure of the interaction with all the rewrite rules.

Have a good day!

Mandy

Hi, I just installed the SEO URL but I am getting a fatal error. I don't know what I did wrong. Here is the error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_image() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/includes/languages/english.php on line 290.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Martha

Hi, I just installed the SEO URL but I am getting a fatal error. I don't know what I did wrong. Here is the error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_image() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/includes/languages/english.php on line 290.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Martha

One of the instructions for this contribution is to replace the tep_href_link() function in catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php.

Directly below that function is the tep_image function. It looks like you overwrote two functions not just the one.

Find the tep_image function from a fresh catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php and put it below the tep_href_link function in your current file.