• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I am having a problem that seems like it is related to SEO URLS, but I guess it may not be.

The problem started happening when I added a static IP to my site and enabled ssl.

My website is at www.amalgamated-store.com

I have added google check out, SEO URLS, and Ultrapics.

Suddenly (that is, it worked before i went to bed, then i got up and it didn't) all of my items stopped working. And firefox was returning an error: "fire fox has realized the page will never redirect like it is supposed to" something to that affect.

It turned out I had two 'working' items in my shopping cart from the night before, and when i clicked on the them worked. That lead to my discovery that if you added ?options={1}1 to the end of all the broken item links then they would load.

my store

not working:

https://amalgamated-store.com/watt-guitar-p-83.html

working

https://amalgamated-store.com/watt-guitar-p...ml?options={1}1

any ideas?

Yup

You changed the tep_href_link function in functions/general.php when you installed the contribution.

sorry, but the problem continue :blink:

on the fresh install:

Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d_UPDATED

Windows / Xampp

page isn't redirecting properly

sorry, but the problem continue :blink:

on the fresh install:

Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d_UPDATED

Windows / Xampp

page isn't redirecting properly

USU 2.1d works fine, so go back over the instructions.

Especially check RewriteBase is correct.

USU 2.1d works fine, so go back over the instructions.

Especially check RewriteBase is correct.

here mi htacess

do you see anything wrong

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /22rc2a/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I'm sorry, but I still have this problem. I did reset my seo cache and I enabled my categories cache (it was disabled), but nothing changes. Still '-c-1.html' and '-p-1.html' on the first page that a visitors sees and normal links on all next pages.

Still no solution. Can anyone help me please?

Still no solution. Can anyone help me please?

There is no solution to be found.

If

1) It is a linux server

2) The server has mod_rewrite enable

3) Your server settings allow .htaccess overrides (AllowOveride)

4) You are installing USU version 2.1d updated

5) You install it correctly

6) Your site uses standard tep_href_link not hardcoded links

Then it will work.

Edited by FWR Media

I was having this problem because I thought I had accidentally made a mistake in my installation somewhere. Then i deleted everything and started over, losing my databse in the process because although I backed it up, i somehow didn't get all my products and stuff in it. Whatever, fine.

But, now, I just did a clean install and put in the google checkout module and the Ultimate SEO URLS module.

NONE OF MY ITEMS WORK. When I click on them they error out. if I add ?options={1} to the end of my urls then they load fine BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me figure this out

www.amalgamated-store.com

right click any of the items or links that don't work, put copy link to clip board and then paste into the browser adding ?options={1} to see what i mean

please please please help

I was having this problem because I thought I had accidentally made a mistake in my installation somewhere. Then i deleted everything and started over, losing my databse in the process because although I backed it up, i somehow didn't get all my products and stuff in it. Whatever, fine.

But, now, I just did a clean install and put in the google checkout module and the Ultimate SEO URLS module.

NONE OF MY ITEMS WORK. When I click on them they error out. if I add ?options={1} to the end of my urls then they load fine BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me figure this out

www.amalgamated-store.com

right click any of the items or links that don't work, put copy link to clip board and then paste into the browser adding ?options={1} to see what i mean

please please please help

apparently this is related to the 2.1e release. i have reverted back to the 2.1d release by replacing the seo.class.php file and changing the .htaccess file

apparently this is related to the 2.1e release. i have reverted back to the 2.1d release by replacing the seo.class.php file and changing the .htaccess file

2.1d is not downgrading. 2.1d is the last version created by the author Chemo, 2.1d updated is simply the very same version "updated" for MySQL5 and a couple of other bits.

2.1d is not downgrading. 2.1d is the last version created by the author Chemo, 2.1d updated is simply the very same version "updated" for MySQL5 and a couple of other bits.

I did a completely fresh install of oscommerce and seourls. i used a brand new database, i installed 2.1d

I am STILL getting this issue. please please advise

www.amalgamated-stuff.com

when you go to my items they do not work. when you right click and put copy url to clipboard and paste the url into your browser and then add ?options={1} the items will then load

does not work:

http://www.amalgamated-store.com/speed-cru...ntrol-p-18.html

works:

http://www.amalgamated-store.com/speed-cru...tml?options={1}

I did a completely fresh install of oscommerce and seourls. i used a brand new database, i installed 2.1d

I am STILL getting this issue. please please advise

www.amalgamated-stuff.com

when you go to my items they do not work. when you right click and put copy url to clipboard and paste the url into your browser and then add ?options={1} the items will then load

does not work:

http://www.amalgamated-store.com/speed-cru...ntrol-p-18.html

works:

http://www.amalgamated-store.com/speed-cru...tml?options={1}

options={1} doesn't exist in oscommerce coding if you have substantially modded your site then you will have to sort it or pay someone to sort it.

Hi, first thank you so much for the contibution, really great and congratulations.

Second, this contribution was working good, until I found something interesting, when in the category list appeare more than one page (more than 20 items) when I try to go to the second page it take me again to the first page of the list, so never can see the others pages.

I thing that i'm not the only one with this but didn't find the answer yet in this forum, I'll continue searching but if someone know about it, please let me know..

Again Thank you for the contribution and for the help that this forum give to everybody.

Regards

M

Hi, first thank you so much for the contibution, really great and congratulations.

Second, this contribution was working good, until I found something interesting, when in the category list appeare more than one page (more than 20 items) when I try to go to the second page it take me again to the first page of the list, so never can see the others pages.

I thing that i'm not the only one with this but didn't find the answer yet in this forum, I'll continue searching but if someone know about it, please let me know..

Again Thank you for the contribution and for the help that this forum give to everybody.

Regards

M

Solved, Thanks

Well, I the main Ultimate SEO thread, I found a solution which seems to have solved this for me.

In seo.class.php, at lines 1060 and 1061, comment out

//header("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently"); //let the SE's know to not use this link

//header("Location: $link"); //redirect to the real page

Hi

I got through the 7th step of Chemo's instructions. I thought everything was ok because my URLs are like this now: http://www.homelandart.ie/rory-gallagher-p-93.html

But when I try to go into my admin panel I get this fatal error message. Can anyone help pleaaase?:

Warning: main(includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/homeland/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 132

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/homeland/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 132

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: seo_url in /home/homeland/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 134

Hi

I got through the 7th step of Chemo's instructions. I thought everything was ok because my URLs are like this now: http://www.homelandart.ie/rory-gallagher-p-93.html

But when I try to go into my admin panel I get this fatal error message. Can anyone help pleaaase?:

Warning: main(includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/homeland/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 132

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/homeland/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 132

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: seo_url in /home/homeland/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 134

You have added the application_top code to the wrong file.

catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php

Where it should be in ..

catalog/includes/application_top.php

Hi friends, I need a little help.

I have Ultimate seo installed but I have a problems with duplicate content:

www.mysite.com/myproduct.html and www.mysite.com/myproduct.html?language=en are the same page.

I eould like to know how I can do to remove ?language option from urls or redirect it to the original page.

Thanks!!!

I just recently installed this contribution and it works great! Except for one thing...

Whenever I'm in the Secure part of my site, it now pops up with non-secure items being blocked in IE7. I'm pretty sure this is due to the new contribution added because I had fixed this error prior to installing this.

the address is http://www.forks2fridges.com

Please navigate to a Secure page under the SSL, such as "My Account". You'll notice the IE7 error bar popup requesting to display blocked content.

Any ideas?

I just recently installed this contribution and it works great! Except for one thing...

Whenever I'm in the Secure part of my site, it now pops up with non-secure items being blocked in IE7. I'm pretty sure this is due to the new contribution added because I had fixed this error prior to installing this.

the address is http://www.forks2fridges.com

Please navigate to a Secure page under the SSL, such as "My Account". You'll notice the IE7 error bar popup requesting to display blocked content.

Any ideas?

Nothing to do with USU.

I got an error in firefox and it was related to your google code.

Hey guys!

Maybe you can help me. This contrib drives me crazy :)

I have the last version of osC installed it on a Linux/PHP5/mod_rewrite/blabla server and it works fine.

When I try to install USU (I've taken Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2-2.2eFIXED), the web site (on /catalog/) displays a great... blank page...

I've read and read again the installation documentation, tryed several things, but nothing works...

I now have no more ideas of what to do :/

Do you have any hints?

Thanks for your time!

Mike

(my english is not perfect, sorry)

Hello all. I have hopefully a very simple problem. I noticed the URL's for Ultimate SEO URLS is http://www.mystore.com/category-here-c-1.html. Is there anyway I can remove the "-c-1" part. I would like all the URL's for products and for categories to be http://www.mystore.com/category-here.html. I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!!

i got a problem, maybe this is the ultimate seo urls' bug.

when clicking buy now button. i is taking to the product's information page, not the shopping cart.

it seems that the buy only works for new added products or edited products. for the old products before the addon install, it still is directed to the shopping cart.

i now only this addon and Downloads Controller installed.

Seach Engine Friendly URL V1.6 had the same problem, but be fixed now.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2796

so i think this is the ultimate seo urls' bug.

can any one solve this?

i got a problem, maybe this is the ultimate seo urls' bug.

when clicking buy now button. i is taking to the product's information page, not the shopping cart.

it seems that the buy only works for new added products or edited products. for the old products before the addon install, it still is directed to the shopping cart.

i now only this addon and Downloads Controller installed.

Seach Engine Friendly URL V1.6 had the same problem, but be fixed now.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2796

so i think this is the ultimate seo urls' bug.

can any one solve this?

Sigh .. there is no "ultimate seo urls bug (version 2.1d updated anyway)" only user errors to my knowledge.

You would need to post a site link for anyone to comment on the problem.

Anyone help with this issue? Thanks.

Hello all. I have hopefully a very simple problem. I noticed the URL's for Ultimate SEO URLS is http://www.mystore.com/category-here-c-1.html. Is there anyway I can remove the "-c-1" part. I would like all the URL's for products and for categories to be http://www.mystore.com/category-here.html. I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!!

Anyone help with this issue? Thanks.

Nope it can't be done.