• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

If your host or yourself examined the error logs you would probably find . .

.htaccess: Option FollowSymLinks not allowed here

or ...

RewriteEngine not allowed here

You could try the below . .

Firstly, make sure LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so is enabled in httpd.conf (Remove # before the line to enable)

Then, edit httpd.conf .. Find out the following lines and mod -

<Directory “/www/vhosts/localhost”> #replace this with your dir name
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
AllowOverride All #Added
</Directory>

<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
# AllowOverride Limit #Old Value
AllowOverride All #Added
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Satisfy all
</Directory>

Edited by FWR Media

Like I said, I'm pretty sure everything is set with httpd.conf. I've looked at it and the host insists that everything I need in there is set.

You keep saying "everything is fine my end" but it is NOT.

Your server is not allowing simple .htaccess rewrites.

Thousands use this contrib with no problems so I'm afraid you'll have to focus your attention in your own camp because this is not a bug of ULTIMATE SEO URLs.

Hope that clarifies.

I never suggested that anything was wrong with the contribution. That's what has been so frustrating. I know there's SOMETHING that isn't right with what I've done, I just can't find it and the host isn't too interested in helping very promptly. I don't know a ton about the httpd.conf, but I THINK it's set correctly. I'll take another look based on what you posted above and have another go at it. I know that, technically speaking, there is no reason this won't run on my server, so I'll get it working eventually.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully I'll make my last post in this thread soon enough.

I never suggested that anything was wrong with the contribution. That's what has been so frustrating. I know there's SOMETHING that isn't right with what I've done, I just can't find it and the host isn't too interested in helping very promptly. I don't know a ton about the httpd.conf, but I THINK it's set correctly. I'll take another look based on what you posted above and have another go at it. I know that, technically speaking, there is no reason this won't run on my server, so I'll get it working eventually.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully I'll make my last post in this thread soon enough.

OK, I fixed it. The host was set up like I thought it was (and like they insisted) and I installed the contribution right. What I did was a silly thing, but it might be something that someone might repeat easily enough. If you're getting server errors or 404's, you may want to check which app you're using to create/edit the .htaccess. I was using Dreamweaver and I guess it was messing with line endings or something. I used a proper development text editor and reuploaded .htaccess and all is well. Pretty embarrassing, but maybe this post might help someone down the road.

Thanks for the help. Now on to good SERP.

hi :'(

I am profoundly deaf, and have a website www.thenottcollection.co.uk (also www.greetingscards.uk.com pointing) and have installed your script but when i go to admin log in panel it comes up with the following errors

Warning: main(includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thenott/public_html/estore/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 139

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thenott/public_html/estore/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 139

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: seo_url in /home/thenott/public_html/estore/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 141

I know nothing about coding whatsoever.. and completely stuck.. can you please help me?

many thanks

further to previous post, my web provider, managed to fixthat error and its now come up with

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_catalog_href_link() in /home/thenott/public_html/estore/admin/index.php on line 101

further to previous post, my web provider, managed to fixthat error and its now come up with

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_catalog_href_link() in /home/thenott/public_html/estore/admin/index.php on line 101

tep_catalog_href_link() is a standard function in ..

catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

Is looks possible that you modified ..

catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

instead of ..

catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

I just installed this contribution, and for the most part it seems to be working Great. However, in the product detail page, when you click on an image to enlarge it, the enlarged image popups no longer work? I am using the Ultrapics mod.

Hi

I'm new with OSC Comerce

Release RC2

AddOns : Individual Boxes

Best Loginbox

PageLoading

phpThumbs

ScrollingSpecials

STSv4.5.8

Default Image Directories

I have installed the USEO URLs and i get the message that the page is not located on the server

any Ideas?

also can i install the custom eazy meta tags for sts contribution? or is not compatible

Edited by SpirtouliS

Hi

I'm new with OSC Comerce

Release RC2

AddOns : Individual Boxes

Best Loginbox

PageLoading

phpThumbs

ScrollingSpecials

STSv4.5.8

Default Image Directories

I have installed the USEO URLs and i get the message that the page is not located on the server

any Ideas?

also can i install the custom eazy meta tags for sts contribution? or is not compatible

That's usually RewriteBase it's well documented in this thread.

Does this work on the older version of OSC?

I get this error msg when going to the admin section after the install/upgrade:

also... some of the products not showing up.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_languages() in /home/content/j/s/m/jsmith1/html/ba/tahoe/index.php on line 58

Does this work on the older version of OSC?

I get this error msg when going to the admin section after the install/upgrade:

also... some of the products not showing up.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_languages() in /home/content/j/s/m/jsmith1/html/ba/tahoe/index.php on line 58

tep_get_languages is not a part of the USU contribution, so you made a mistake in you code alterations somewhere.

Re: Older osC I haven't a clue, no one should be using anything below MS2.2 060817.

Hello,

I have gotten this contribution installed and the URL's are being generated corretly, however I for some reason I don't have a .cache table in my database.

I discovered this when trying to change the price of a product in '/admin/categories.php'. I recieved the following error when saving the product information:

1146 - Table 'montanalightinganddesigns_com_catalog.cache' doesn't exist

DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls%'

[TEP STOP]

Is there something in the configuration that I need to enable that I am missing? I believe I have all of the contribution settings correct.

Thanks!

Mike

Hello,

I have gotten this contribution installed and the URL's are being generated corretly, however I for some reason I don't have a .cache table in my database.

I discovered this when trying to change the price of a product in '/admin/categories.php'. I recieved the following error when saving the product information:

1146 - Table 'montanalightinganddesigns_com_catalog.cache' doesn't exist

DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls%'

[TEP STOP]

Is there something in the configuration that I need to enable that I am missing? I believe I have all of the contribution settings correct.

Thanks!

Mike

Which version of SEO URLs do you have installed? it doesn't seem to be able to automatically create the cache table.

Which version of SEO URLs do you have installed? it doesn't seem to be able to automatically create the cache table.

I installed version "2.1d ORIGINAL updated" The latest one. Cart is 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2'.

Thanks,

Mike

I installed version "2.1d ORIGINAL updated" The latest one. Cart is 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2'.

Thanks,

Mike

Then you have duplicated entries in configuration.

You need to delete the configuration_group and configuration settings in the db for this module then SEO URLs will reinstall correctly.

In phpmyadmin

DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_title LIKE '%SEO%';
DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_key LIKE '%SEO%';

These queries use LIKE so make sure you haven't got other entries in the DB with configuration_group_title like SEO or configuration_key like SEO

Edited by FWR Media

Then you have duplicated entries in configuration.

You need to delete the configuration_group and configuration settings in the db for this module then SEO URLs will reinstall correctly.

In phpmyadmin

DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_title LIKE '%SEO%';
DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_key LIKE '%SEO%';

These queries use LIKE so make sure you haven't got other entries in the DB with configuration_group_title like SEO or configuration_key like SEO

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick reply. Your solution worked, however when the product update happened it deleted all of the product information except for the photo and then made the product inactive in the Categories/Products listing?

Should it have been calling the delete command to begin with when I originally received this error? All has been working well for months before installing this contribution so I doubt anything else is causing this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

How can I write

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

in .htaccess file ?

any one have any Idea? about this.

When I was born, I was cryed and everyone around me was smiling.

Live our life so at the end,

I am the one who is smiling and everyone around me is crying.

How can I write

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

in .htaccess file ?

any one have any Idea? about this.

You cannot load apache modules via any method other than httpd.conf at server start or restart.

My Review and Take on this Contribution:

My experience with the Ultimate SEO Urls v2.1d contribution; Not Good!

Install went very smooth, even looked like everything was working perfectly --- until...

Can't access products from the categories box on left (using categories2.php) - seems I'm also getting a malformed url - ie. xxx.html?product_info.php?&id=424 or something to that effect. (not going to go double check as I now only have my live site to work with - temporarily.)

I still had the osCsid issue that others have had no matter what my settings, except I do not use force cookies as that limits some people from being able to even browse your site, let alone make a purchase. (I have this problem on occasion as well and just leave the site - as an example; I have wanted to order several times from Vista Print now for over a year and can't even send them an email - can't get to the site to get the address!! - Sooo, I just gave up and now use a local printer == no less than $500 in lost sales (so far) for Vista Print!!)

Since the above issue also prevented from adding to the shopping cart I needed to back this out quickly and I didn't do the things that I should have BEFORE I worked on this contribution. (Also why I am sharing this evaluation with you.)

To fix this FAST! (Yes I installed to my live site without FULLY testing!! - Very Stupid of Me - and I KNOW better!! :blush: ) I renamed the .htaccess file to dot.htaccess, comented out the function inserted into the /catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php file, turned off SEO in the admin panel, and reset the cache to clear things up. I won't be turning them back on until I get all of the stuff reinstalled (from scratch) on my dev server. (Had problems with Zend Optimizer on another project - hosed the system)

Anyway, the above issue caused a "Product not Found" to be displayed when I clicked on a product link from the above referenced location or from some but not all of the product links in other parts of the site. (Now this is why I just said forget debugging until later.)

Do you know which part of the code to bypass? The website was workign fine for a day and then all of a sudden, we are having issues with our website in the URL redirect. All that shows up is this redirect when you click on the manufacturer. catalog/-vp-1.html?osCsid=82b11b85c37b98806762df6250cebbe6 . Does anyone know what's going on? We also have the FWR verification installed.

Thanks.

Edited by Kean

great contribution!! really thanks but i have next problem

Works perfectly for products that had already loaded, but to add new product for example Keyboard ......: its show as keyboardgenius45000zab-p.html should be correct is keyboard-genius-45000-zab-p.html

Is a problem with the cache because when I did some tests and all this empty products aparces asasdadasdasdsdasdadasds-p1.html

Someone had the same problem?

Do you know which part of the code to bypass? The website was workign fine for a day and then all of a sudden, we are having issues with our website in the URL redirect. All that shows up is this redirect when you click on the manufacturer. catalog/-vp-1.html?osCsid=82b11b85c37b98806762df6250cebbe6 . Does anyone know what's going on? We also have the FWR verification installed.

Thanks.

catalog/-vp-1.html

-vp- is not a part of USU htaccess redirect or class coding.

great contribution!! really thanks but i have next problem

Works perfectly for products that had already loaded, but to add new product for example Keyboard ......: its show as keyboardgenius45000zab-p.html should be correct is keyboard-genius-45000-zab-p.html

Is a problem with the cache because when I did some tests and all this empty products aparces asasdadasdasdsdasdadasds-p1.html

Someone had the same problem?

The products_id is missing from both of those instances, I don't know what you have done (Which version are you using?) but perhaps you should remove and reinstall, clearing both the cache and the configuration, configuration_group settings.

Hi everyone... In short my HTaccess file got abit messed up... I deleted it and redone it but for some reason now all of my prods give 404 errors so ive had to turn this contribution off for the moment. Im still working with 2.2, and wondered if anyone could help me sort it my HTaccess file looks like this:

# $Id: $
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

#<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
#  <IfDefine SSL>
#	SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
#			 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
#			 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
#  </IfDefine>
#</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the
# following Apache configuration parameter

# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)

#Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteEngine On 
#RewriteBase /store/

#RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
# php_value register_globals 1

How can i get it back so all the current URLs work for the same products again???

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Bob

JUST ignore me... what a dunse i am... got into a panik over all these little feck ups that have been happening over the last hour and now i made this stupid mistake... I didnt copy and paste the whole code in missed off the bottom two lines DOH. CYA all