• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi,

Sorry it has been a while since i was here but i have a big problem... A bit out of practice i think...

When i edit the .htaccess file i get a 500 Internal Server Error.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Not a clue until you paste your .htaccess code and your path to shop e.g.

www.mysite.com

or

www.mysite.com/catalog/

etc

Not a clue until you paste your .htaccess code and your path to shop e.g.

www.mysite.com

or

www.mysite.com/catalog/

etc

# $Id: .htaccess 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

#<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
#  <IfDefine SSL>
#    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
#             nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
#             downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
#  </IfDefine>
#</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the
# following Apache configuration parameter

# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
# php_value register_globals 1

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

It's just standard www.mysite.com

I have just found a big problem!

In the last part of the URL (www.mysite.com/........here) for products the p-****.html can be changed to anything which will redirect the site to the product not found page.

The same can be said for the categories and c-****.html part.

In fact as long as the "c-" and "p-" parts are there the whole end of the url can be changed and it will goto the product not found page.

Now correct me if I am wrong but a rival could easily sabotage my whole site by messing about with the numbers, in return google will punish me for showing the blank page 'product not found'. Is there a fix for this?

I have just found a big problem!

In the last part of the URL (www.mysite.com/........here) for products the p-****.html can be changed to anything which will redirect the site to the product not found page.

The same can be said for the categories and c-****.html part.

In fact as long as the "c-" and "p-" parts are there the whole end of the url can be changed and it will goto the product not found page.

Now correct me if I am wrong but a rival could easily sabotage my whole site by messing about with the numbers, in return google will punish me for showing the blank page 'product not found'. Is there a fix for this?

Search for my validation contribution.

This is the support forum for ULTIMATE SEO URLs, if you believe there is an issue specifically with validation then please post in the validation support forum.

This is the support forum for ULTIMATE SEO URLs, if you believe there is an issue specifically with validation then please post in the validation support forum.

Many thanks Rob for your very prompt response, will get it installed straight away

As i was trying to say. i get the error like the previous guy....

I did as you told him to do by using the validation contrib.

But when i click on my links with or without the validation contrib i get this http://www.mysite.com/boxing-c-170.html but it don't work...

I just get the 404 error

Do you know why it has done this since installing your latest update of the Ultimate SEO?

Not the Validation Contrib

How did you manage to sort out your Ultimate SEO.

I'm having anightmare where it will not show a page just a page not found

I just followed the insallation instructions. My store is heavily modified, so thought there would be glitches but everything is ok.

Have you run the validations_installer file, ie uploaded the validation_installer.php in your root folder then run www.mysite.com/validation_installer.php in your browser?

Have you added the code (and not deleted anything else) in the /includes/application_top.php and /includes/functions/general.php files?

Have you turned on the FWR URL Validation in admin? https://www.mysite.com/admin/configuration.php?gID=888002

Thanks for your help...

I am starting a new site for a friend of mine, I'm using OSc 2.2 RC1... I have only put Header Tags Controller on my site, so it wasn't that difficult to sort out really.... Just am really lost with this one....

Craig

Hello,

I have installed the latest Ultimate SEO Url contribution 2.1d. Everything works great except when a user creates a new account there are problems. In admin under customers, I get a bunch or array merge errors after the customer account is added. If I click on a previous customer, all is well. It is only new customers after this contrib was installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have installed the latest Ultimate SEO Url contribution 2.1d. Everything works great except when a user creates a new account there are problems. In admin under customers, I get a bunch or array merge errors after the customer account is added. If I click on a previous customer, all is well. It is only new customers after this contrib was installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

It's not related to 2.1d or SEO URLs.

Well ok then.

But not even thinking about the validation contrib.

When i installed the version you have said to download as it was the best work by chemo, my links no longer work...

It is the Ultimate SEO i am here for...

Well ok then.

But not even thinking about the validation contrib.

When i installed the version you have said to download as it was the best work by chemo, my links no longer work...

It is the Ultimate SEO i am here for...

Ultimate SEO URLs does not go anywhere near "create_account" it sounds to me like you are having

&  &

problems.

Try this . .

Find function tep_redirect in catalog/includes/functions/general.php

Find ..

header('Location: ' . $url);

Replace with

$url = str_replace('&', '&', $url);
header('Location: ' . $url);

okay,. this contri is pretty dummy proof,.

after several cups of coffee i got this stuff to work.

on thing im looking for. is there an easy way to ad the article number. ?

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

as said,. it works.

right now you have,

platform-riempjes-p-20950.html?osCsid=4b3e042eb8bbe361e7fa3f942f7a49ad

what i want is to ad 1 thing to the url.

i sell clothing and they have lets say,. 1234-ja or ja-1234 as a unique style number,.

it shows right between product description and the product name. in the admin it shows as product model.

many customer in my field search by model / product number.

i hope im clear enough.

Thanks very much for your info. When I remove the contribution, everything works normally. I have done it atleast 5 times now trying to get it to work, which leads me to believe that something in the contrib is causing this.

as said,. it works.

right now you have,

platform-riempjes-p-20950.html?osCsid=4b3e042eb8bbe361e7fa3f942f7a49ad

what i want is to ad 1 thing to the url.

i sell clothing and they have lets say,. 1234-ja or ja-1234 as a unique style number,.

it shows right between product description and the product name. in the admin it shows as product model.

many customer in my field search by model / product number.

i hope im clear enough.

You can't.

-p-20950.html

20950 in this case is the products_id in the oscommerce database. Unless you want to go through the database manually editing products_id for each product.

Thanks very much for your info. When I remove the contribution, everything works normally. I have done it atleast 5 times now trying to get it to work, which leads me to believe that something in the contrib is causing this.

See post 2595 (about 3 up)

The only thing it could be is that

& &

problem.

Just to follow up. I am also having &amp troubles which I cannot fix. If I disable w3c output, those issues go away. Here is the error as soon as a new customer is added.

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in C:\AppServ\www\catalog\admin\customers.php on line 1066

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in C:\AppServ\www\catalog\admin\customers.php on line 1066

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in C:\AppServ\www\catalog\admin\customers.php on line 1068

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in C:\AppServ\www\catalog\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in C:\AppServ\www\catalog\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18