• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

im having the same problem as john, on instafinish.com cannot choose an catagory it will always 404

you need to give more info .. which version?

If you download the 2.1d that I uploaded recently. And reset your cache/osC categories cache then you shouldn't have any problems.

I appreciate everyones input :thumbsup: and have tried all of your suggestions! I am still get the search engines directed to catalog=product_info.php for the old links.

What I installed is Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d_UPDATED_1_2 and independent_seo_validation_1.0.2

In the instructions its says for independent_seo_validation_1.0.2

If you use this with 2-2.2e you should comment out all lines in includes/classes/seo.class.php that start ..

$this->ValidateName($url,

Like ..

//$this->ValidateName($url,

This means I have to do this in order for the independent_seo_validation to work properly. Do you suggest uncommenting them?

I would really appreciate any suggestions that would solve the problem I am having as the googlebot has been on the site all day searching for old product_info links then directed to the catalog=product_info.php Product not found! page.

In advance Thank You to anyone who can solve this.

http://onlytravelbags.com

I've taken it all the way back to a default install to try to eliminate the chance that some other change I had made was interfering. No other contribs or file changes that I know of.

The links look fine so it must be the server config.

Take this url for example ..

software-c-2.html

The line in .htaccess that handles this request is ..

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

So that link should be converted to

http://onlytravelbags.com/index.php?cPath=2

Is mod_rewrite on?

Does the httpd.conf allow override?

e.g.

<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

And

AllowOverride All

The links look fine so it must be the server config.

Take this url for example ..

software-c-2.html

The line in .htaccess that handles this request is ..

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

So that link should be converted to

http://onlytravelbags.com/index.php?cPath=2

Is mod_rewrite on?

Does the httpd.conf allow override?

e.g.

<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

And

AllowOverride All

I checked all of those things. "AllowOverride" was not set to "All" initially, but it is now. But it still won't work after restarting Apache.

What I think may be the issue (maybe not, though) is that my domain is not the one that the hosting was set up for. I'm pointing my domain to that server, but the site files are not in "/usr/local/apache/htdocs". They are in "/home". The Directory is set for "/usr/local/apache/htdocs". Should I change this to "/home"? All other sites set up for this server are also in "/home" so I feel like httpd.conf must be set up to affect those files, but I'm not too clear on the file structure of servers.

Is the Directory the issue? Will changing the Directory setting to "/home" break my site and the others set up in there?

Thanks

I checked all of those things. "AllowOverride" was not set to "All" initially, but it is now. But it still won't work after restarting Apache.

What I think may be the issue (maybe not, though) is that my domain is not the one that the hosting was set up for. I'm pointing my domain to that server, but the site files are not in "/usr/local/apache/htdocs". They are in "/home". The Directory is set for "/usr/local/apache/htdocs". Should I change this to "/home"? All other sites set up for this server are also in "/home" so I feel like httpd.conf must be set up to affect those files, but I'm not too clear on the file structure of servers.

Is the Directory the issue? Will changing the Directory setting to "/home" break my site and the others set up in there?

Thanks

SEO URLs does not rely on paths it is a URL (well except for rewritebase but that's just directories from root not a path)

What is happening is that software-c-2.html is coming into the server and the server is throwing a 404 error instead of the .htaccess rewrite rules converting it into a standard osC url.

Edited by FWR Media

I'm an idiot. I re-read all my changes starting at appl_top and i noticed i had put the code there a few lines too early.

Seems like my speedreading and editing lessons did not pay off ;-)

Glad you got it sorted.

SEO URLs does not rely on paths it is a URL (well except for rewritebase but that's just directories from root not a path)

What is happening is that software-c-2.html is coming into the server and the server is throwing a 404 error instead of the .htaccess rewrite rules converting it into a standard osC url.

That makes sense, but what is keeping the rewrite rules from being applied? Is there some code that should be in the .htaccess file that is missing that would make it work? Or is it most likely server related?

I still ahve not been able to figure out the problem discussed before but am working on it. I have come accross a new problem. When a manufacturer is chosen for the dropdown menu instead of going to the manufactuers page it redirects to catalog=index.php. The same thing happens when you select from the categories dropdown menu! Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!!!

Has anyone been successful in getting SEO'd pages to have sort ability?

I've tried FWR Media's seo.class.php fix, but it didn't do a thing.

On pages that aren't SEO'd, naturally, the sort works just fine.

Thanks.

Has anyone been successful in getting SEO'd pages to have sort ability?

I've tried FWR Media's seo.class.php fix, but it didn't do a thing.

On pages that aren't SEO'd, naturally, the sort works just fine.

Thanks.

The 2.1d UPDATED that I uploaded has no sort problem. Do you have 2.1d up now? if so post a site link.

Edited by FWR Media

What impact would I have with trying to implement 2.1d if I already have 2.2e installed?

EDIT: I made the changes to .htaccess and upload the "old" seo.class.php. Seems to work fine! On one of my installs, I actually didn't have to change the .htaccess. It seems most of the magic is in the seo.class.php.

Edited by pfilias

What impact would I have with trying to implement 2.1d if I already have 2.2e installed?

EDIT: I made the changes to .htaccess and upload the "old" seo.class.php. Seems to work fine! On one of my installs, I actually didn't have to change the .htaccess. It seems most of the magic is in the seo.class.php.

Yup

I have reverted back to the D version - one store worked fine, the other I get this error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6667577 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/ollysguitar.com/httpdocs/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 159

I have reverted back to the D version - one store worked fine, the other I get this error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6667577 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/ollysguitar.com/httpdocs/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 159

I presume you are on shared hosting, The error says that you're exceeding the memory limit as set by your hosts (PHP ran out of memory).

33 is quite big though, may be worth dropping the cache table.

Dropping the SEO entries in configuration and configuration_groups and letting SEO URLs reinstall itself.

The sql for the config deletes are in the following post ..

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1215173

Don't forget to back up before deleting from the database.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi

Thanks - I'm not on shared hosting and I raised the option n the php.ini file - however, turning off the cache for products did resolve it anyhow.

Now to try this new addition you have written. I am so glad someone has considered this.

Since dropping my cache table it has not auto reinstalled. No I can do nothing regarding the admin side of SEO urls as it failed on a delete from cache query

Any clues?

Sounds like you didn't delete the configuration entries, seo.class.php auto reinstalls if the tables/entries are not there.

Hi, I'm on my first OSCommerce and php experience:

I have the same problem "file not found" for html urls: it seems that the server can't write html pages.

I have installed the FWR Media 2.1d SEO URLs version, in my OSC 2.2 rc1 release (customized by me with other contribs installed, but I don't think it can be the problem).

If you need, I can write the site link, or the code portion you need.

Now, I have disabled Ultimate SEO contribution, but I need to disable the "automatic redirect" (301) option also, if not, the page product_info.php doesn't work, and the browser show an error "redirect looping".

I follow exactly the installation process, and I try to edit the .htaccess directory with the absolute path, starting from /.

I have set the access of the catalog dir to 777.

I would not uninstall the contribution but leave it disabled until I can find any solution, please someone can help me?

Thank you in advance,

Nik

Hi, I'm on my first OSCommerce and php experience:

I have the same problem "file not found" for html urls: it seems that the server can't write html pages.

I have installed the FWR Media 2.1d SEO URLs version, in my OSC 2.2 rc1 release (customized by me with other contribs installed, but I don't think it can be the problem).

If you need, I can write the site link, or the code portion you need.

Now, I have disabled Ultimate SEO contribution, but I need to disable the "automatic redirect" (301) option also, if not, the page product_info.php doesn't work, and the browser show an error "redirect looping".

I follow exactly the installation process, and I try to edit the .htaccess directory with the absolute path, starting from /.

I have set the access of the catalog dir to 777.

I would not uninstall the contribution but leave it disabled until I can find any solution, please someone can help me?

Thank you in advance,

Nik

Are you on a Windows server by any chance?

Hi Robert,

Here the server information I can read.

Do you think it can be a server configuration problem?

FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE

MySQL 4.1.5-gamma

Apache/2.0.50 (FreeBSD) PHP/4.3.9

PHP 4.3.9 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Edited by KaeruNoMe

Hi Robert,

Here the server information I can read.

Do you think it can be a server configuration problem?

FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE

MySQL 4.1.5-gamma

Apache/2.0.50 (FreeBSD) PHP/4.3.9

PHP 4.3.9 (Zend: 1.3.0)

1)Where is your shop

www.mysite.com/

or

www.mysite.com/catalog/

etc.

2) What do you have in .htaccess for the RewriteBase?

3) Is mod_rewrite enabled on your server?

4) If you put garbage in .htaccess like kjjsfadahhqhewhhwhAF does it throw an error?

Edited by FWR Media