• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi I want to add in the Ultimate SEO URL contrib but am just wondering if there is a full version anywhere or do i need to get the original version and apply all the fixes that have been made to it

the last 3 packages are all full version... it written.. you can simply read or download them. version 2.2 gives problems to some people. For me it works perfectly with the addon created by babygurgles.

version 2.1d works good too. You can try them and check the one that works for you.

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

I am already indexed by the search engines, what is the best way to get the new SEO URL's to replace my old url's indexed? Currently if you click on any of the old url's, you are sent to index.php. Your input is greatly appreciated!!

I have installed the independent_seo_validation_1.0.2 like you said and the Search engines still try to get the old indexed pages which no longer exist ie: http://mystore.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1066. Then they are sent to http://mystore.com/catalog/product_info.ph...roduct_info.php which displays Product not found! and this is where they get stuck for sometimes hours!!

Is there a way to have the search engines search for the new urls instead of the old ones in the example above? I have an XML sitemap and all of the new SEO urls are on there and none of the old ones are displayed so I am not quite sure what to do to fix this? Previously you suggested the independent_seo_validation_1.0.2, but that did not fix this particular issue because if the old url is typed you are sent to http://mystore.com/catalog/product_info.ph...roduct_info.php instead of the correct new url. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

http://mystore.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1066. Then they are sent to http://mystore.com/catalog/product_info.ph...roduct_info.php which displays Product not found!

Well that shouldn't happen.

ULTIMATE SEO URLs in its standard form 301 redirects standard osCommerce urls to their new SEO equivalents. redirect has to be set to on.

http://mystore.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1066. Then they are sent to http://mystore.com/catalog/product_info.ph...roduct_info.php which displays Product not found!

Well that shouldn't happen.

ULTIMATE SEO URLs in its standard form 301 redirects standard osCommerce urls to their new SEO equivalents. redirect has to be set to on.

I understand that this should not be happening, what do you mean by redirect has to be set to on? Is there a way to fix this? Do you have any suggestions to get the search engines to stop visiting the product_info.php?catalog=product_info.php which displays Product not found!

@ shpkeeper: What he most likely means is that you have to go into Admin >> Config >> SEO URLs and look for "Enable automatic redirects?", this should be set to true.

About my issue: I changed back to the older (d) version of seo_class and the header error is gone. Other than that I still get blank (url.com/-p-125.html || url.com/-c-1.html etc.) urls on the first visit.

Edited by inveritas

@ shpkeeper: What he most likely means is that you have to go into Admin >> Config >> SEO URLs and look for "Enable automatic redirects?", this should be set to true.

About my issue: I changed back to the older (d) version of seo_class and the header error is gone. Other than that I still get blank (url.com/-p-125.html || url.com/-c-1.html etc.) urls on the first visit.

If you download the 2.1d that I uploaded recently. And reset your cache/osC categories cache then you shouldn't have any problems.

i have installed Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2-2.2eFIXED.it works good but..

when i click next page on a category it displays the first one..if i click on page 4 it again displays the first page of the category products.

this is the url that should be when i hover the mouse over page 2 for example:

agriculture-c-46.html?page=2&sort=2a

but it still goes to page 1:agriculture-c-46.html

any ideas?

i have installed Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2-2.2eFIXED.it works good but..

when i click next page on a category it displays the first one..if i click on page 4 it again displays the first page of the category products.

this is the url that should be when i hover the mouse over page 2 for example:

agriculture-c-46.html?page=2&sort=2a

but it still goes to page 1:agriculture-c-46.html

any ideas?

install addon by babygurgles... it corrects the problem.

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

If you download the 2.1d that I uploaded recently. And reset your cache/osC categories cache then you shouldn't have any problems.

Okay, i did upload that version, I'll try clearing that cache once more too.

5 minutes later:

I cleared cache, still the same "empty -c-11.html, -p-111.html stuff on first visit.

Since you're the author of the contribution, could you give me a hint as to where to look for where it first writes links into this format?

Edited by inveritas

I had hoped this would fix our issue as well, but we still get the www.mysite.com/-p-362.html links :(

you need to activate it in the osc admin panel.

Robert,

Thank you for the updated seo.class.php, it worked like a charm :thumbsup: !! I just had a couple of questiond before I install this great contribution on my live shop. What should I set Filter Short Words to? Is there a way for the for the url to display the model # field instead of the title? ie: http://myteststore.info/catalog/DVD-MATR-p-6.html instead of http://myteststore.info/catalog/the-matrix-p-6.html. I have alot of contributions installed and working on my live site that are not on the test site ie: Multi-Vendor Shipping, Header Tags, MVS shipping estimator, request_review_1.0, and more. Do you know of any problems in compatibility with Ultimate SEO URLs and the contributions mentioned above? Thank you again for the previous fix and I would appreciate your help in answering the question above before I install this contribution on my live site.

What about puting the title and model number AS the title eg. the matrix [warner 1234]

or

put the model in the title field and the title in the model field

...just 2 ideas :)

I have discovered I have Ultimate SEO 2-2.2e - I want to downgrade to the d vversion discussed here.

Now is there an easy way of doing this or do I have to reverse every change and then do a total reinstall?

thanks a lot

1) upload the new seo.class.php .. check the file mods in the instructions to ensure it all matches.

Go into phpmyadmin

2) Select your database and click on the SQL tab .. enter the following in the textbox..

DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_title LIKE '%SEO%';
DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_key LIKE '%SEO%';

Ensure you have no other mods that have SEO keys or titles first

I don't like using LIKE with deletes I much prefer = but this is the way Chemo wrote it.

3) DROP the cache table. (it auto reinstalls)

Go to your site and click around a couple of times you should get SEO links. Report back your findings.

Edited by FWR Media

Issue - File not found (404) on Ultimate SEO-generated URLs (products, categories, manufacturers, etc.)

I've looked through countless posts of people that have had this problem and changing "RewriteBase /" in .htaccess to the correct setting always seems to fix their problem.

It doesn't fix mine, though. My catalog is installed in the root (public_html), my host says the mod_rewrite and AllowOverride settings are what they should be, and everything else about the contrib seems to be working ok. This is on a brand new install of osC.

My .htaccess code is below:

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Is there something I'm missing? I can't find any posts with this issue that haven't had it fixed with things I've already tried, so I'm totally stumped.

Thanks!

Issue - File not found (404) on Ultimate SEO-generated URLs (products, categories, manufacturers, etc.)

I've looked through countless posts of people that have had this problem and changing "RewriteBase /" in .htaccess to the correct setting always seems to fix their problem.

It doesn't fix mine, though. My catalog is installed in the root (public_html), my host says the mod_rewrite and AllowOverride settings are what they should be, and everything else about the contrib seems to be working ok. This is on a brand new install of osC.

My .htaccess code is below:

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Is there something I'm missing? I can't find any posts with this issue that haven't had it fixed with things I've already tried, so I'm totally stumped.

Thanks!

.htaccess is fine for a root install.

Warning: This will kill your site potentially until you remove it!!

try putting rubbish in your .htaccess to see if it's working jsdafjhqawhiuyxunyxruiyqu2yxriu1yruyuxrquwyxr2qyryuq4

If you don't get errors it isn't working.

Which version of Ultimate Seo Urls?

Edited by FWR Media

.htaccess is fine for a root install.

Warning: This will kill your site potentially until you remove it!!

try putting rubbish in your .htaccess to see if it's working jsdafjhqawhiuyxunyxruiyqu2yxriu1yruyuxrquwyxr2qyryuq4

If you don't get errors it isn't working.

Which version of Ultimate Seo Urls?

I do get an internal server error if there is just rubbish.

It's version 2.1d (the one uploaded the other day). I'm pretty confident that I've followed the installation correctly, but this apparent issue with .htaccess is killing me.

I do get an internal server error if there is just rubbish.

It's version 2.1d (the one uploaded the other day). I'm pretty confident that I've followed the installation correctly, but this apparent issue with .htaccess is killing me.

Site link please.