• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I've just added it, although it doesn't seem to have changed anything :huh:

edit: By the way, I havent yet added you fix for the fact that you can replace the name in the URL with anything and it still loads the same product. I was planning on doing that after I had got this sorted.

Edited by Benjjj6

I've just added it, although it doesn't seem to have changed anything :huh:

edit: By the way, I havent yet added you fix for the fact that you can replace the name in the URL with anything and it still loads the same product. I was planning on doing that after I had got this sorted.

Still looking

Take those lines out of .htaccess now pls

Take those lines out of .htaccess now pls

Ok .. odd

I select kill brand from the drop down and click a product ..

As you say images are missing .. CSS looks ok at this stage.

While on the broken page do a "hard refresh" ctrl F5 (together)

Now if I look at cSS I get the following: -

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>406 Not Acceptable</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Acceptable</h1>
<p>An appropriate representation of the requested resource /stylesheet.css could not be found on this server.</p>
</body></html>

Searching this on the web I found THIS

It looks "at first sight" to be a strict Apache mod_security issue, I think you should speak to your hosts .. sorry I was unable to come up with a "quick fix".

Rob

It looks "at first sight" to be a strict Apache mod_security issue, I think you should speak to your hosts .. sorry I was unable to come up with a "quick fix".

Rob

hmm... like I said, this only happened when they upgraded Apache from 1.3 to 2.2 (I think they are the versions). So it seems logical that the problem is somehow related to Apache. What would you recommend I say to my hosts. I guess I can show them these posts and try and explain the problem, do you know what 'phrases' could be triggering the filter?

Thanks for your help

Ben

hmm... like I said, this only happened when they upgraded Apache from 1.3 to 2.2 (I think they are the versions). So it seems logical that the problem is somehow related to Apache. What would you recommend I say to my hosts. I guess I can show them these posts and try and explain the problem, do you know what 'phrases' could be triggering the filter?

Thanks for your help

Ben

Another go ..

Try in .htaccess

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterInheritance Off
</IfModule>

Another go ..

Sorry, no luck. Do you think they could be blocking the word 'Kill' perhaps?

By the way, i'm just adding these extra bits of code to the bottom of my .htaccess file, it doesnt really matter where they go does it?

Edited by Benjjj6

Sorry, no luck. Do you think they could be blocking the work 'Kill' perhaps?

Looks like an over zealous mod_security setup by your host, whatever it is.

Edited by Babygurgles

Ok, thanks for your help, I'll try and contact them now.

Thanks,

Ben

This seems to be the key prompter for it being a mod_security issue (If it helps with your hosts)

Not Acceptable An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.

Oh also give them those .htaccess suggestions I gave you as they directly relate to this problem(although they didn't work)

Edited by Babygurgles

Well, I pointed them towards this thread so they should be able to follow what we've tried.

Thanks again for trying.

One last thing, Could point me towards the latest instructions for your URL fix, I saw a thread you started, but it kept being updated, and with all things it's sometimes difficult to tell what's the final version.

Thanks,

Ben

Well, I pointed them towards this thread so they should be able to follow what we've tried.

Thanks again for trying.

One last thing, Could point me towards the latest instructions for your URL fix, I saw a thread you started, but it kept being updated, and with all things it's sometimes difficult to tell what's the final version.

Thanks,

Ben

PM me your personal email as that thread is getting "owned" by one guy.

Everything is fixed now. I told my host what the problem was and about 10 minutes later it was fixed. They didn't say what they changed, although i assume you definitely pointed them in the right direction.

The important thing is that it is fixed though and very quickly too!

Seem to have a problem tried a clean install of the latest contribution on a vanilla version of OScommerce, and I get this message when I go to my catalog in the admin section.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_hide_session_id() in /home/sites/thesleepexperience.com/public_html/sleep/admin/categories.php on line 750

Can anyone explain to me the mistake I have made please.

Thinly disguised bump, bit stuck here on this I'm afraid

Thinly disguised bump, bit stuck here on this I'm afraid

tep_hide_session_id() resides in catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

How you managed to delete it I couldn't guess.

Any time I try to add to cart, I get a cannot modify header info, found here:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/blissful/public_html/templates/theme084/main_page.tpl.php:2) in /home/blissful/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1057

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/blissful/public_html/templates/theme084/main_page.tpl.php:2) in /home/blissful/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1058

Any add to cart causes this but here's an example:

http://blissfulcouture.com/agentine-wedge-...800419aa20432b8

Also, shouldn't manufacturer be a part of the URL? That's what I actually need Google spiders to see.

Hi babygurgles!Just want to say that my SEO urls 2.22 works with redirect too.... I cannot access my products with a different name. Why do I perhaps need your addon? I really appreciate your work but I don't seem to have the problem.

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

Hi babygurgles!Just want to say that my SEO urls 2.22 works with redirect too.... I cannot access my products with a different name. Why do I perhaps need your addon? I really appreciate your work but I don't seem to have the problem.

Believe me you have. I'm sure it does redirect but it breaks other stuff.

If you go to a products listing page that has pages can you go from page1>page2>page3 etc

Can you click on the various product review buttons. Are you certain that it is not permanently redirecting certain URLs like some poor guy who posted that his sitemaps were being redirected.

I don't remember all of the flaws but you'll find them eventually.

2-2.2e is basically flawed, which is why I bothered in the first place.

I've just installed the latest version but get nothing in my admin - I've double checked and have definitely made the changes to admin /includes/functions/general.php

I also noticed in earlier installation notes, there are some instructions to upload some sql files - this is not in the latest instructions, is this no longer necessary?

Can anyone help :'(

Believe me you have. I'm sure it does redirect but it breaks other stuff.

If you go to a products listing page that has pages can you go from page1>page2>page3 etc

Can you click on the various product review buttons. Are you certain that it is not permanently redirecting certain URLs like some poor guy who posted that his sitemaps were being redirected.

I don't remember all of the flaws but you'll find them eventually.

2-2.2e is basically flawed, which is why I bothered in the first place.

you're right... categories with more pages didn't worked! just installed your addon and now they work! thank you!

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

I've just installed the latest version but get nothing in my admin - I've double checked and have definitely made the changes to admin /includes/functions/general.php

I also noticed in earlier installation notes, there are some instructions to upload some sql files - this is not in the latest instructions, is this no longer necessary?

You are on MySQL5 right?

I got it sorted

Hi babygurgles!

now I've a problem with information pages unlimited... I cannot access info pages.

I get all links as: -1-.html , ecc ecc but If I click I cannot access those pages.

Hi babygurgles!

now I've a problem with information pages unlimited... I cannot access info pages.

I get all links as: -1-.html , ecc ecc but If I click I cannot access those pages.

Show a full link or ideally one to the website please.