• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I tried to upload a sitemap to google and now google says warning:

URLs not followed

When we tested a sample of the URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs were not accessible to Googlebot because they contained too many redirects. Please change the URLs in your Sitemap that redirect and replace them with the destination URL (the redirect target). All valid URLs will still be submitted.

what should i do?

i got the same, ultimate SEO is more trouble then its worth. I just had googlebot scanning my site, it was a unknown link which will give error /catalog/consoles-c-26_33_23.html (i only have /catalog/consoles-c-26.html)

When i generated sitemap it found so many links even non SEO links of products and some unknow links or links of products or category i'v deleted. Where is this stored?

i got the same, ultimate SEO is more trouble then its worth. I just had googlebot scanning my site, it was a unknown link which will give error /catalog/consoles-c-26_33_23.html (i only have /catalog/consoles-c-26.html)

When i generated sitemap it found so many links even non SEO links of products and some unknow links or links of products or category i'v deleted. Where is this stored?

Use 2.1d from 25th November 2006

if i switch from 2.2e do i just replace seo_class and .htaccess info?

thanks

leave .htaccess

First upload the new catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php

Do the following in phpmyadmin SQL (DO NONE OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE A FULL MYSQL BACKUP)

1) DROP the cache table .. yes .. click on the cache table then hit DROP (It reinstalls automatically)

2) Run ...

DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE `configuration_group_title` LIKE '%SEO%'

Then run ..

DELETE FROM configuration WHERE `configuration_key` LIKE '%SEO%'

Click around your site a bit to get the URLs warmed up ( :) a half joke )

Check in admin>configuration that the SEO URL button is there and all settings are correct

Done

Edited by Babygurgles

leave .htaccess

First upload the new catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php

Do the following in phpmyadmin SQL (DO NONE OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE A FULL MYSQL BACKUP)

1) DROP the cache table .. yes .. click on the cache table then hit DROP (It reinstalls automatically)

2) Run ...

DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE `configuration_group_title` LIKE '%SEO%'

Then run ..

DELETE FROM configuration WHERE `configuration_key` LIKE '%SEO%'

Click around your site a bit to get the URLs warmed up ( :) a half joke )

Check in admin>configuration that the SEO URL button is there and all settings are correct

Done

thanks just about to do this and noticed that there are som difference in installing, i take it i reverse 2.2 steps and follow 2.1d like

Edit admin/includes/functions/general.php

Edit includes/functions/html_output.php

thanks just about to do this and noticed that there are som difference in installing, i take it i reverse 2.2 steps and follow 2.1d like

Edit admin/includes/functions/general.php

Edit includes/functions/html_output.php

No no leave it all .. just do what I said.

done it but now have http://www.domain.co.uk/catalog/-p-41.html

i should use that hack?

tried the hack but still the same

No don't hack anything there's loads of rubbish there.

Ok download the 2-2.2e uploaded by jack_mcs

All we need is the catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php

Find .. (and there are a few)

$this->ValidateName it will have more e.g. $this->ValidateName($url, "p", $p2[1], $connection, $separator);

$this->ValidateName

Change to ..

//$this->ValidateName

Basically put // in front of all of them to comment them out.

Report back.

Edited by Babygurgles

No don't hack anything there's loads of rubbish there.

Ok download the 2-2.2e uploaded by jack_mcs

All we need is the catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php

Find .. (and there are a few)

$this->ValidateName it will have more e.g. $this->ValidateName($url, "p", $p2[1], $connection, $separator);

$this->ValidateName

Change to ..

//$this->ValidateName

Basically put // in front of all of them to comment them out.

Report back.

ok i downloaded the 1st 25th nov 2006 seo.class and its working. But it does look like some links have changed, i'm just checking googlebase

thanks

p.s links have changed i prefer it, will update sitemaps,googlebase

Thank you!

oh my names have become longer, will this become a problem?

http://www.domain.co.uk/catalog/xenon-h7-h...-look-p-43.html

http://www.domain.co.uk/catalog/nintendo-w...rsion-p-33.html

Edited by none_uk

Guys need help urgently .. .i installed UltimateSEO2.2.2e-pre-edit

EVerything works fine. but i cant open PAGE 2 of my category list :(

It brings me back to page1

For ex : http://www.vmart.pk/main/webcams-c-64.html...e=2&sort=2a

It brings me back to : http://www.vmart.pk/main/webcams-c-64.html

I even tried add ? to special character conversions. Still didnt work.

Help !

BUMP ? :-"

ok i downloaded the 1st 25th nov 2006 seo.class and its working. But it does look like some links have changed, i'm just checking googlebase

thanks

p.s links have changed i prefer it, will update sitemaps,googlebase

Thank you!

oh my names have become longer, will this become a problem?

http://www.domain.co.uk/catalog/xenon-h7-h...-look-p-43.html

http://www.domain.co.uk/catalog/nintendo-w...rsion-p-33.html

the only strange thing i found was that one of the category is http://www.domain.co.uk/catalog/xenon-bulb-c-35.html but with Csid its http://www.domain.co.uk/catalog/hid-xenon-bulb-c-35.html

Pooya use the same version that i'm using, read from 118

Edited by none_uk

Seem to have a problem tried a clean install of the latest contribution on a vanilla version of OScommerce, and I get this message when I go to my catalog in the admin section.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_hide_session_id() in /home/sites/thesleepexperience.com/public_html/sleep/admin/categories.php on line 750

Can anyone explain to me the mistake I have made please.

For those who cant get 2-2.2e to work or you are worried about the fact that ..

www.mysite/my-great-product-p-327.html can be accessed as www.mysite/my-loadofrubbish-p-327.html and therfore create google/bot indexing problems.

And/or you can't get the paging "split_page_results" to work.

Try THIS

I had same problem. Have a look here, this fixed it for me :)

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...999&st=1460

there's a post by joli1811 there bottom half of page.

Cheers

That hack is just bad code that breaks validation it does not cure anything.

$origUrl then has no value and therefore a redirect is never made.

Edited by Babygurgles

hi i just installed this and i'm getting the following error when i log into admin

/ Function to reset SEO URLs database cache entries // Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 function tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls($action){ switch ($action){ case 'reset': tep_db_query("DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls%'"); tep_db_query("UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value='false' WHERE configuration_key='SEO_URLS_CACHE_RESET'"); break; default: break; } # The return value is used to set the value upon viewing # It's NOT returining a false to indicate failure!! return 'false'; }

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kjm62aa/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1321) in /home/kjm62aa/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/kjm62aa/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1321) in /home/kjm62aa/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

any ideas????

hi i just installed this and i'm getting the following error when i log into admin

/ Function to reset SEO URLs database cache entries // Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 function tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls($action){ switch ($action){ case 'reset': tep_db_query("DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls%'"); tep_db_query("UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value='false' WHERE configuration_key='SEO_URLS_CACHE_RESET'"); break; default: break; } # The return value is used to set the value upon viewing # It's NOT returining a false to indicate failure!! return 'false'; }

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kjm62aa/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1321) in /home/kjm62aa/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/kjm62aa/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1321) in /home/kjm62aa/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

any ideas????

Yup

When you copied and pasted Chemos code into admin/includes/functions/general.php

You missed out the first /

The start

/ Function to reset SEO URLs database cache entries

should be ..

// Function to reset SEO URLs database cache entries

Edited by Babygurgles

Hi

Since my Hosting Company upgraded from Apache 1.3 to 2.2 I've been having a problem with this contribution. However, it is only affecting 1 of my manufacturers.

The manufacturer is called 'Kill Brand' and whenever I view one of their products (when i have Ultimate SEO's enabled) all the images relating to that product become broken.

I am using version 2.2e, I downloaded the FIXED version and double checked that everything is correct and up to date and it seems to be; although, there didnt seem to be any changes to what I already had so i don't know if I missed something. When I click 'upgrade' I get a broken link, does everyone else have this problem too? Also, dod I need to edit the database in anyway (just a guess)?

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I am happy to post a link, just ask as I currently have this contribution disabled as this is a live shop and whilst I dont get many visitors (yet! :P) it looks really bad.

My site is www.topgoth.co.uk if someone is online and here to help I can enable Ultimate SEO's so they can see the problem for themselves, just reply.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben

I can't imagine how SEO URLs could affect an image. I have to put my daughter to bed may have a look when I finish "terror hour" if you are still on.

Rob

hehe sure thing, thanx for the reply

Back .. are you on Benjjj6 if so wack it on to SEO URLS and reply back here .. I'll take a quick look.

Heres the site: www.topgoth.co.uk

Everything will look normal at first, to see the problem you need to select 'Kill Brand' from the drop down Brands menu in the top right. Then click on any product by that brand. Hopefully you'll see that some of the images are broken and then if you refresh the page you'll see that it gets alot worse. Like I say, this only happens when I have Ultimate SEO's enabled

Ben

Edited by Benjjj6

Heres the site: www.topgoth.co.uk

Everything will look normal at first, to see the problem you need to select 'Kill Brand' from the drop down Brands menu in the top right. Then click on any product by that brand. Hopefully you'll see that some of the images are broken and then if you refresh the page you'll see that it gets alot worse. Like I say, this only happens when I have Ultimate SEO's enabled

Ben

Try this in .htaccess

<IfModule mod_security.c>
  SecFilterEngine Off
  SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>