• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

How do I enable the rewrite module on my apache server @ C:\xampp\apache\config\httpd.conf ??? What do I change or what code do I add???

Trying to get this great contribution working :blink:

open the file up - search for RewriteEngine

make sure it reads:

RewriteEngine on

should do it.

just out of interest I use WAMP5 on my local machine - it has a simple menu to switch these features on and off. Its apache 2 and Mysql 5 also. Might be worth a look. Just my opinion.

Hi

first glance -

around line 305

'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]);

remove the ; and replace with ,

cheer Eric.

:rolleyes:

Eric,

Thank you for your help... unfortunately it is still not working.... Does anything else pop out at you??

I posted the updated file Here

Thanks again!

Mark

Hey Everyone. Does anyone know how to change the title information so it's not the same as the headline text information in the manufacturers pages?

For instance, I want to change the title info so it's slightly different than the headline text info on some of my manufacturers pages. I go to Admin/Catalog/Manufacturers, select a manufacturer and select edit. When I change the info in "Header Tags Manufacturer Title" this changes the title info and the headline text info on my page. I would like to have more control and only change the title info. In other words, what I would like, is to have the title text include my company's name, but have the headline text remain as it is.

Does this make sense?

Can anyone help me on this? I would appreciate this a lot!!

Thanks,

Jason

Eric,

Thank you for your help... unfortunately it is still not working.... Does anything else pop out at you??

I posted the updated file Here

Thanks again!

Mark

try this

line 831 : for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

add a right curly bracket before the FOR statement.

Edited by ericno7

try this

line 831 : for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

add a left curly bracket before the FOR statement.

sorry i mean one of these }

thats right , and also correct.

i

Since my Hosting Company upgraded from Apache 1.3 to 2.2 i've been having a problem with this contribution. However, it is only affecting 1 manufacturer.

The manufacturer is called 'Kill Brand' and whenever I view a page with their products on (when i have Ultimate SEO's enabled) all the images become broken.

Like I said, I dont this problem with any other manufacturer, only this one.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I am happy to post a link, just ask as I currently have this contribution disabled.

Thanks,

Ben

Does anyone have any idea why this contribution could be causing all my image links to br broken?

Heres an example: http://www.topgoth.co.uk/kill-brand-killer...odie-p-780.html

This is really costing me sales as google has indexed these URL's and is sending customers to these pages even though I dont have this contribution enabled

Please help!!

sorry i mean one of these }

thats right , and also correct.

THANK YOU SO MUCH ERIC!!!!!!!

I do have a quick question, at the risk of sounding completely stupid... the SEO urls are working... and i noticed that when i goto add a new product there is a field for SEO. Do I have to put something in there, or can i just let it do it automatically???

Thank you again!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH ERIC!!!!!!!

I do have a quick question, at the risk of sounding completely stupid... the SEO urls are working... and i noticed that when i goto add a new product there is a field for SEO. Do I have to put something in there, or can i just let it do it automatically???

Thank you again!!!

Hi,

No worries,

Well thats a good question, there seems to be 2 versions - this thread is V2.1 but there is V2.2 out there. Looking at the seo.class.php there are 2 versions that I have seen, one checks to see if the SEO Field is populated and uses that if it is, else it just grabs the item name from the database. V2.2 of the class, seems to just grab the item name from the database. So if you have the V2.1 of the class and your database has the extra fields I would say you could do either. If you go to V2.2 then class doesnt seem to use those fields so it would be pointless to popluate them.

Hello All! First, I would like to extend my appreciation for everyone that is so dedicated to creating contributions such as these and then spending much time supporting them as well!

I've looked through the postings, and unless I have missed something I am not sure I've seen the same problem across others.

The SEO URLs seem to work fine for the most part on my test site luckily!.. but if I keep browsing through categories and products there is an error that randomly occurs as follows as a pop-up:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site ****. Operation Aborted". Then I just get the standard "Page Cannot Be Displayed" screen. :huh:

Again, this happens in maybe every 10 clicks or so... and on the same product or category it will work again on the next click.

Has anyone experienced this? I haven't been able to debug it as of yet, so any insight would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks all

Hello All! First, I would like to extend my appreciation for everyone that is so dedicated to creating contributions such as these and then spending much time supporting them as well!

I've looked through the postings, and unless I have missed something I am not sure I've seen the same problem across others.

The SEO URLs seem to work fine for the most part on my test site luckily!.. but if I keep browsing through categories and products there is an error that randomly occurs as follows as a pop-up:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site ****. Operation Aborted". Then I just get the standard "Page Cannot Be Displayed" screen. :huh:

Again, this happens in maybe every 10 clicks or so... and on the same product or category it will work again on the next click.

Has anyone experienced this? I haven't been able to debug it as of yet, so any insight would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks all

Hello All! I may have jumped the gun on this one.. I have tested this across a couple of different PCs and it seems to work fine there.. I would guess it is some caching or cookie problem on the PC I was using earlier.. all may be well!! Next on to Chemo's other awesome contribs!!

Iv'e been trialing this contribution and Headertags tags controller (HTC) separately, but now I want to use both together.

Is it easier for a newbie to add HTC to the previously installed Ultimate SEO URL's contribution; or is it easier to add Ultimate SEO URL to a the previous installed HTC? ie which contribution is best to install first? :blink:

Edited by adam777

Iv'e been trialing this contribution and Headertags tags controller (HTC) separately, but now I want to use both together.

Is it easier for a newbie to add HTC to the previously installed Ultimate SEO URL's contribution; or is it easier to add Ultimate SEO URL to a the previous installed HTC? ie which contribution is best to install first? :blink:

Hi Guys,

I had been trying to use SEO URL for MS2.2 but failed. I wouldn't want to try anymore bcos the version that I installed had a lot of patches. Instead I started with Online Merchant V2.2 RC2. Anyone know which version of SEO URL suitable? Is the center shop contrib ok for OM V2.2 RC2 ? Any takers?

TQ Mate !

I had issues with product reviews working properly and made some changes to the following files to fix. Feel free to post this as a fix.

Change .htaccess and includes/classes/seo_class.php file name rewrites for reviews and reviews info FROM

.htaccess

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

and

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

AND seo_class.php

'products_id_review' => '-pr-',

'products_id_review_info' => '-pri-',

TO:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-review-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-reviewinfo-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

AND

'products_id_review' => '-review-',

'products_id_review_info' => '-reviewinfo-',

See details below

.htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /directory/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-review-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-reviewinfo-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

seo_class.php

//ojp lPath -links- definition		
	$this->reg_anchors = array('products_id' => '-p-',
							   'cPath' => '-c-',
							   'manufacturers_id' => '-m-',
							   'pID' => '-pi-',
							   'tPath' => '-t-',
							   'articles_id' => '-a-',
							   'products_id_review' => '-review-',
							   'products_id_review_info' => '-reviewinfo-',
							   'info_id' => '-i-',
							   'lPath' => '-links-'
							   );

Not sure why this worked but it did for me

You can also change the "p" to "item" and the "c" to index to make better looking URLs (in my opinion)

I also noticed an extra space in case ( $page == FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS ):

and case ( $page == FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO ):

which I changed to ( $page == FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS): and ( $page == FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS): but do not think this has ant effect on the issue I was having with reviews not being displayed

Edited by ambishop

Try to add this to your .htaccess

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
<IfDefine SSL>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
</IfDefine>
</IfModule>

Please note: When using this contribution with one such as Product Options With Details that provide html links for details, you must change the option details link to something other than .html For some reason the RewriteRule in .htaccess will mix things up and you will get a product not found on a detail link.

For example the link: http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catalog/bmw...03-item-90.html has javascript popup details on the options and were previously names xyz.html and clicking the links returned a product not found error as a result of the rewriterule The simple fix is to change all links under the .htacess folders to .htm

This also applies to javascript popups in such as PHPOnline Live Chat. File name extensions should not be the same as used in other files.

Edited by ambishop

When first installing this contribution, I personally struggled with Category file names with "certain names" not listing the contents of the products within the group. The simple fix was to change the product category names to something else.

Not sure if this is a bug with this contribution or my others, but the simple fix was to just change the category name to something else. If your products do not show up after installing this contribution Try changing the Category name to something else and testing. For Example: The category name "Popular Items" showed No products found when clearly there were items in the Category, but changing the Name to "Best Sellers" showed all products.

Very odd issue, but something to check if you are not able to see your products

Edited by ambishop

Thanks to all for the detailed posts on this contrib. (And thanks to Chemo for doing the basic development on it. Shame he can not be around to keep working on it here.)

This is the only contrib I have installed that did not work right out of the box. Probably due to all the other contribs installed first and other changes made. However the posts here have helped me get it working partially. I am still working on httpd.conf (which I do not have control over on the live site) and htaccess issues. On my test site I can control everything and make things work the way I want (mostly <g>).

The updates in the database did not self install. (Nice idea though.) I saw this was an issue for some others as well. So I made a script that installed them for me. That was good and let me continue testing conf settings. Until I had to reboot the PC with the osCommerce system and the Apache server and MySQL Server for some Windows XP patches to install. When I went back to do more work things did not work again and I found the database updates (in configuration and configuration_group) were not there! But the Next Autoindex value in the tables was incremented by the number of records I had inserted before. So MySQL knew it had been worked on it just did not save the work? So I did it again and all was well until I shutdown the PC and started it again. Once again the new changes in the tables were gone but the next Autoindex value was incremented again where it would be with the records added the second time.

Am I missing something obvious here? I have not had any issues like this before and have added other tables, changed data, inserted records, etc in this and other MySQL databases without "losing" any of it. Is there something here that if not configured a certain way deletes the records in these tables?

TIA for any suggestions.

HELP !

I'm getting googled to death by googlebot 2.1

I have set up a number of oscommerce sites, but the only one that I have used this SEO contribution on is now bursting its bandwidth due to massive hits from the google spiders.

The access log is showing virtually nothing but googlebot activity and its getting to the point where I may have to suspend the site.

Can anyone advise on this?

I set the robotx.txt file to slow down the frequency, and I've disallowed the image files and all other uneccessary files but it looks like the google bot is trapped on the site.

The Who's online feature in admin shows 50 visiors online at any given time, but they all have the googlebot ip address!!!!

This is a new installation of oscommerce with minor module enhancements only.

If I cant stop this bandwidth problem I'll have to take the site down and remove the constribution step by step.

Hi just happen to come across this contribution and I remembered your post.....I think you need SID Killer 1.2b

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/952

the google gets trapped and this contribution is supposed to remedy that.

HELP !

I'm getting googled to death by googlebot 2.1

I have set up a number of oscommerce sites, but the only one that I have used this SEO contribution on is now bursting its bandwidth due to massive hits from the google spiders.

The access log is showing virtually nothing but googlebot activity and its getting to the point where I may have to suspend the site.

Can anyone advise on this?

I set the robotx.txt file to slow down the frequency, and I've disallowed the image files and all other uneccessary files but it looks like the google bot is trapped on the site.

The Who's online feature in admin shows 50 visiors online at any given time, but they all have the googlebot ip address!!!!

This is a new installation of oscommerce with minor module enhancements only.

If I cant stop this bandwidth problem I'll have to take the site down and remove the constribution step by step.

Hi again....I am not sure if you read my last post or not...but I did look further into this problem of googlebots being trapped late last night. And I also found this thread...

I am going to follow the advice of toyicebear(nick) and boxtel (amanda) in the following thread. Mainly because I want to keep ultimate seo urls and from what I understand SID killer disables ulitmate seo urls... so SID killer will work(not for sure...but this is my understanding). And I don't want that. I want to be able to use ultimate seo urls. Also..crimbel crumble (eric) asked some key questions that helped me to understand functions in this thread. I have only looked into this...because I don't want this to happen to me. I think ultimate seo urls changes ADD TO CART buttons to BUY NOW buttons. And that to could be the cause of the problem...because they need to be changed to forms. Anyhow...here it the thread if you want to take a peek and see if it is useful for your situation or not.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...=7&t=194200

PS...I am not a coder or anything...I cut and paste...and understand little bits here and there. So only use my advice at own disgretion and make the decision to use or not use based on your own knowledge and understanding.

Good Luck.

I have installed v 2.2.2e with latest fixes.

Everything seems to be working fine but,

If you click on a picture - ok = shop/countryside-picnic-p-14.html

If you click buy button - ok

If you click detail - broken link = shop/product_info.php?shop=product_info.php

It seems as it looses the product ID if clicking "details"

If just placing cursor over the detail button, link is ok. But when clicking it goes wrong

I have tried to look at .htaccess

CODE

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I tried to change .html to htm, as I read somwhere that this could be the problem - but no luck.

The installation is by default, no changes made to admin SEO URL section.

Any hints?

Kenneth

Thankyou for your help, but I still have the following problem:

*new install of osc2.2rc2

*new install of ultimate seo 2-2.2e uploaded 5oct2007

At localhost My screen says:

__________________________________________________________________-

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500

localhost

01/10/08 04:53:37

Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.5

____________________________________________________________________-

Oscommerce is being run on my laptop locally (operating system = windows XP) , with XAMPP running php5.2.5 and the the latest version of MSQL, and I have recheched every line of code.

If anyone could help get this working I'd appreciate it.

Thanks. :huh:

Edited by adam777