• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

alright this posting seems to be useless, i've seen alot of people having the same problem but havent got an answer on their problem nor posting the solution if they fixed it, so i'm asking for you help on this one because i have the same issue.

i've installed ultimate SEO and everything seems to work fin except the paging!when i click on a category, i have 5pages, when i click on page to it redirects me to the same page that i was at...

this is how it looks like:iklick on a category and i come to the page:product-c-59.html

then when i move the mouse over page 2 it looks like this:product-c-59.html?page=2&sort=2a

but when i click on page to i'm being redirected to:product-c-59.html

so can you please help me and all the other people that have this kind of problem,

thanks in advance!

Follow the instructions in my post a couple post earlier and the paging will work fine for categories, I haven't found a solution for the products by manufacturer paging.

Thanks

alright this posting seems to be useless, i've seen alot of people having the same problem but havent got an answer on their problem nor posting the solution if they fixed it, so i'm asking for you help on this one because i have the same issue.

i've installed ultimate SEO and everything seems to work fin except the paging!when i click on a category, i have 5pages, when i click on page to it redirects me to the same page that i was at...

this is how it looks like:iklick on a category and i come to the page:product-c-59.html

then when i move the mouse over page 2 it looks like this:product-c-59.html?page=2&sort=2a

so can you please help me and all the other people that have this kind of problem,

thanks in advance!

rkoechel2004

Has anyone had a problem with the product name not showing up in the url? My urls all have the product name and the category name omitted like this "-c-49.php". I did have the SEO part of Oscommerce turned on, but have now turned it off and this problem is still there.

Any thoughts,

Thanks,

Burr

thanks in advance!

There seems to be two forums for Ultimate SEO URLs here is the link to the other forum

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...999&st=1460

We have been discussing this problem. I posted this fix about 2 weeks ago and since then google seems to be having no problems with my pages.

Well I don't know much about php but If you are using version Ultimate SEO 2-2.2e

Open includes/classes/seo.class.php .

I found when I changed line 1073 from return current page to return return the same as the other lines below everything seems to be working.Maybe somebody knows if this will mess something else up.

line : 1064 to1073

function requested_page()

{

$protocol = ((int) $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] === 443)? 'https://' : 'http://';

$current_page = $protocol . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . ((!empty($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']))? $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] : '');

$current_page = substr($current_page, strlen(HTTP_SERVER));

if (($pos = strpos($current_page, "?osCsid")) !== FALSE)

$current_page = substr($current_page, 0, $pos).'<br>';

if ($current_page[0] == "/")

$current_page = substr($current_page, 1);

Changed commented out // return $current_page;

Now

return $return;

Maybe Jack would like to comment on this fix he seems to have the most knowledge

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

There seems to be two forums for Ultimate SEO URLs here is the link to the other forum

We have been discussing this problem. I posted this fix about 2 weeks ago and since then google seems to be having no problems with my pages.

Well I don't know much about php but If you are using version Ultimate SEO 2-2.2e

I found when I changed line 1073 from return current page to return return the same as the other lines below everything seems to be working.Maybe somebody knows if this will mess something else up.

{

$current_page = $protocol . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . ((!empty($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']))? $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] : '');

Now

return $return;

Maybe Jack would like to comment on this fix he seems to have the most knowledge

For all of you having paging problem , this solution works

thank you very much joli1811 , this solution works perfectly , i hope someone with php experience will tell us if this dangerous or could effect SE's crawling

thanks again

Edited by khalid191

I've installed, uninstalled and re-installed this entire thing and something is just not right. After complete installation I get:

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@mysite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/4.4.4-8+etch3 Server at www.mysite.com Port 80

For all of you having paging problem , this solution works

thank you very much joli1811 , this solution works perfectly , i hope someone with php experience will tell us if this dangerous or could effect SE's crawling

thanks again

THIS FIX WORKS!!

thanks

this fixed my next (pagination) link being broken using SEO. Thanks!!

{

Now

return $return;

hi i have a problem i don t have an error but when i go to checkout and it go into checkout_shipping.php it just shows text and now frames also happens when you log into admin and click catalog its also show just text and no frame

i have try everything has anyone got any ideas

david

Hi,

I installed this application twice before without any problem, however yesterday I installed this aplication and I have problem to browse through categories.

I am getting report "The page cannot be found, HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.".

.httacess is there

I checked both

RewriteBase /

RewriteBase /catalog/

The page where problem appears:

www.novarange.com/catalog

Could you please have a look at the

www.novarange.com/phpinfo.php

I checked settings and instead of mod_rewrite I found:

url_rewriter.tags a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset= a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset=

I am not sure if this could be a problem.

Can anyone help?

Last night I installed Ultimate SEO 2-2.2e and the fix for two of my sites. One of the sites work fine, but for the other "Add to cart" has stopped working. I can see that this is something Chemo pointed out to test for, but what to do if it doesn't work? Have searched all day without being able to find a fix.

The two sites have identical settings for sessions, cache and SEO URL, but they differed in their url's even before I installed Ultimate SEO 2-2.2e in that the now non-working site had - random? - suffixes in the urls' like : Csid=c7bee22d016df0196efc9247b022eed3 where the other has more "understandable" urls.

Any ideas where to look?

Mogens

I have had to move servers and somemthing has happened to my URLs

here is what is was before the move

www.jbosolutions.co.uk/monitorsdisplaysdigitalphotoframes-c-77_83.html -

Now it is

www.jbosolutions.co.uk/monitors-displays-digital-photo-frames-c-77_83.html

I need to get it back how it was really as most of my links point to the old style.

What could be wrong?

Edited by ollyno1uk2

Hey Guys,

I have had a prob lem with this contribution for about 2 and a half months no as you can see from my previous posts.

This morning i created a new vanilla install oscommerce shop and the first contrib i used is this one and i still cant get it working !!!!

I dont have any errors or problems installing, my problem is that the urls are not rewriting i think !!

As soon as i click any of my links i get " Object not found " 404 error !!!

My site is still in development so its on my localhost

fashionmaniac.local

this is in my .htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

my .htaccess file is located in the folder before the catalog folder

Please if you can help me in anyway please please do !!!!

I've followed the the steps from the install. I get an internal server server error when I add updated .htaccess file under my catalog. When I upload back my old .htaccess file, the index page is working but

every catalog page 404 saying can't find the converted urls. So I assume the problem is .htaccess but can't figure out whats wrong with it. By the way, my old .htacess file has only out commented parameters so have no idea what is interfering.

Any advise? Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi. I'm sure this has been covered but I can't figure it out. I am working on a second site. My first site with seo urls works perfectly. When clicking on a multi word product ( for example Blade Runner) the url is domain.com/blade-runner-p-5.html. On the New Site it jumbles the words together to form domain.com/bladerunner-p-5.html. Is there a way I am overlooking to add a (-) separator between the words. or is this the newer better way of code?

I have an osc 2.2 with sts 4.4 and seo url installed

all seems to work fine except the tell a friend button

when seo is turned off in admin, it works perfectly and bring me to the tell_a_friend.php page with the details of the product

when seo is on, and when I click on the tell a friend button, it takes me from a http://www.mywebsite.com/kit-solaire-15-w-p-90.html to a http://www.mywebsite.com/-p-.html

any hint would be very welcome

reup

Hi there!

I installed this contrib, but I found out I should have installed another version (my site is running on a windows server). Fortunately I did make a back-up, so everything works fine again.

Exept for 1 thing. When I go to the admin section of my site, the SEO options list is still there (with an error). How do I remove this? I checked all the editted files and all of them are clean.

The thing is, I don't want to install version 2.1b before all wrong files are deleted.

Last question: is the version mentioned above the best solution for me? Or are there any other contribs more suited for windows servers?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hello,

I installed the contribution and everything works great except when users click on a category that has lets say 20 products and they need to got to the next page, well when they click next it doesnt take them to the next page, the url shows up but it doesnt show the next pages results. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have an osc 2.2 with sts 4.4 and seo url installed

all seems to work fine except the tell a friend button

when seo is turned off in admin, it works perfectly and bring me to the tell_a_friend.php page with the details of the product

when seo is on, and when I click on the tell a friend button, it takes me from a http://www.mywebsite.com/kit-solaire-15-w-p-90.html to a http://www.mywebsite.com/-p-.html

any hint would be very welcome

reup

I got the same problem and that's what I did (all changes in seo.class.php):

1) in `function get_product_name($pID)` found:

$sql = "SELECT products_name as pName, products_seo_url as psu

and changed to:

$sql = "SELECT products_name as pName

2) in `function get_category_name(&$cID)` found:

$sql = "SELECT cd.categories_seo_url, c.categories_id, c.parent_id, cd.categories_name AS cName,

and changed to:

$sql = "SELECT c.categories_id, c.parent_id, cd.categories_name AS cName,

So, as you see I removed this freaken `*_seo_url` from the sql requests.

Does anybody can tell me what do those unexisted table fields which are ended `_seo_url` mean? I couldn't find any place where there is an insertion into database of the column ended `_seo_url`, but there are a lot of SELECT requests where they tries to read those columns, and of course the result will be an empty string, and of course instead of nice friendly url we gonna get ugly set like "-p-.html"

Hey Guys,

I have had a prob lem with this contribution for about 2 and a half months no as you can see from my previous posts.

This morning i created a new vanilla install oscommerce shop and the first contrib i used is this one and i still cant get it working !!!!

I dont have any errors or problems installing, my problem is that the urls are not rewriting i think !!

As soon as i click any of my links i get " Object not found " 404 error !!!

My site is still in development so its on my localhost

fashionmaniac.local

this is in my .htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

my .htaccess file is located in the folder before the catalog folder

Please if you can help me in anyway please please do !!!!

Im having the same issuse anyone wanna shed some light?

MY .HTACCESS is

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /home/*user*/public_html/catalog/ <<is that correct or should it be << /public_html/catalog/ or /catalog/

nevermind. i fixed it. i changed it to RewriteBase /

Edited by pcboy123

I have had to move servers and somemthing has happened to my URLs

here is what is was before the move

www.jbosolutions.co.uk/monitorsdisplaysdigitalphotoframes-c-77_83.html -

Now it is

www.jbosolutions.co.uk/monitors-displays-digital-photo-frames-c-77_83.html

I need to get it back how it was really as most of my links point to the old style.

What could be wrong?

Go to admin panel and check the parameter "Remove all non-alphanumeric characters?" in SEO. You have to set it as 'true'.

Hi Everyone

I have installed the latest Ultimate SEO 2-2.2e on my local server and am using xampp. What i am getting is the Object not found. Error 404.

From above it seems others are having the same problem. Does anyone found a solution to this please?

My development shop is in the xampp htdocs directory. So it is in /xampp/htdocs/shop/catalog

I have added the .htaccess file to the shop dir and the rewrite points to /shop/

Is the rewrite directory right or should it be /shop/catalog/ ?

I have checked the apache config file and seems rewrite is enabled.

Could someone help me and others out with this problem.

Thanks in advance