• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Under both categories and products I do not have the ability to enter custom URL's in admin. That option does not appear under categories or products.

I had not edited everything in the admin/categories.php

hi all,

I just installed this contrib. working fine except the reviews.

I have oscommerce 2.2 with the seo urls 2.2 and STS.

My product_info, categories and manufacturer pages work like they need to do.

On the product_info page there is a link to a single review and another one to view all reviews.

example link:

nano-plus-pr-32.html

nano-plus-pri-32.html?reviews_id=8 (old link = product_reviews_info.php?products_id=32&reviews_id=9)

But when I have my Ultimate seo turned on in the admin it redirects back to a product page.

In this case: nano-plus-p-32.html

When turned off (.htaccess still on) the page appears when pasting the NEW url in the broswer. ( so the .htaccess is ok )

Anybody knows how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Hadion

Hey Guys ! Can any of you fantastic people in here help me ???

None of my product pages are working its sending me to this webpage http://oscommerce.local/catalog/blabla-lolol-c-1_53.html which is good but its not showing the page all im getting is this :

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Error 404

So im guessing it has something to do with .htaccess but i think its set up ok in .htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /catalog/

Has anyone got any ideas ive had the problem for nearly two weeks now

Please help if you can !

Please help I have also the same problem. Any idea what are we doing wrong?

Thanks,

solarissa

Please help I have also the same problem. Any idea what are we doing wrong?

Thanks,

solarissa

Changing

RewriteBase /catalog/ to RewriteBase /

This solved my problem, now working ok ! thanks for this great contrib.

solarissa

i have the same problem like hadion in my installation

if i press the review-button it redirects back to a product page (version 2.2e)

Edited by flipper242

I have oscommerce installed with UK setup + header tags and STS>

SEO urls (latest version) works good except for 1 thing

when the user clicks BUY now button, the shopping cart gives EMPTY message.

how to solve this ?

i think the problem of my installation is something with mod_rewrite

the seo url is

http://mysite.tld/hghtriple-powder-pr-39.html

the mod_rewrite translate it to:

http://mysite.tld/hghtriple-powder-p-39.html

even if i use old string without seo

http://mysite.tld/product_reviews.php?products_id=39

the mod_rewrite translate it also to:

http://mysite.tld/hghtriple-powder-p-39.html

in the htaccess:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

seem to be correct

I installed this contrib today and on the surface it looks great.

However, it would appear that the cost of Ultimate SEO URLs is the ability to sort search results or to get past the first page of results if there's more than 1 :o

The following 2 URLs should be equivalent (they appear to have the same parameters in the query string, I appreciate they are reversed but that shouldn't make any difference), but the 2nd one (with the SEO turned on) doesn't work. Both are generated as previous, next and numbered page links for search results.

http://www.......co.uk/index.php?cPath=47_...t=2a&page=2 - works with SEO off

http://www.......co.uk/essential-oil-c-47_...e=2&sort=2a - doesn't work with SEO on :|

I've also noticed that the column sort functions on search results do not work now either.

It would appear from the rewrite logs that the query string parameters are being picked up correctly, so I can only conclude that there's something wrong in how they are being handled by this mod?

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [08/Oct/2007:20:28:11 +0000] [www..........co.uk/sid#8204b7c][rid#81e42f4/initial] (2) [per-dir /vhost/www..........co.uk/html/] rewrite essential-oil-c-47_48.html -> index.php?cPath=47_48&page=2&sort=2a

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [08/Oct/2007:20:28:11 +0000] [www..........co.uk/sid#8204b7c][rid#81e42f4/initial] (3) split uri=index.php?cPath=47_48&page=2&sort=2a -> uri=index.php, args=cPath=47_48&page=2&sort=2a

Has anyone else had this problem or got any ideas what might be wrong here?

Many thanks

However, it would appear that the cost of Ultimate SEO URLs is the ability to sort search results or to get past the first page of results if there's more than 1 :o

The following 2 URLs should be equivalent (they appear to have the same parameters in the query string, I appreciate they are reversed but that shouldn't make any difference), but the 2nd one (with the SEO turned on) doesn't work. Both are generated as previous, next and numbered page links for search results.

http://www.......co.uk/essential-oil-c-47_...e=2&sort=2a - doesn't work with SEO on :|

I've also noticed that the column sort functions on search results do not work now either.

It would appear from the rewrite logs that the query string parameters are being picked up correctly, so I can only conclude that there's something wrong in how they are being handled by this mod?

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [08/Oct/2007:20:28:11 +0000] [www..........co.uk/sid#8204b7c][rid#81e42f4/initial] (2) [per-dir /vhost/www..........co.uk/html/] rewrite essential-oil-c-47_48.html -> index.php?cPath=47_48&page=2&sort=2a

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [08/Oct/2007:20:28:11 +0000] [www..........co.uk/sid#8204b7c][rid#81e42f4/initial] (3) split uri=index.php?cPath=47_48&page=2&sort=2a -> uri=index.php, args=cPath=47_48&page=2&sort=2a

Many thanks

OK more on the above.

If you turn SEO off and then use the 2nd URL you get to the page you requested and/or the sort order of the column that's been clicked on. ie it works as it should and is clearly getting through the mod_rewrite part of the process.

This proves that the problem is to do with the SEO mod's interception of the query string :(

can anyone help me with my problem please ?

Have a look at your httpd.conf:

in your htdocs directory sections change AllowOverride None to AllowOverride All

and maybe FollowSymlinks too.

Assuming your rewrite Module is loaded.

Regards

D.

david

Many thanks

hello i have this problem to

OK more on the above.

If you turn SEO off and then use the 2nd URL you get to the page you requested and/or the sort order of the column that's been clicked on. ie it works as it should and is clearly getting through the mod_rewrite part of the process.

This proves that the problem is to do with the SEO mod's interception of the query string :(

Other things that are now failing as a result of the loss of the query string....

1. Add to cart button in search results takes you to the item page instead of adding the item

2. Unable access/read reviews via the reviews box

3. basically any link that relies on a query string'd parameter fails.

:angry:

Hi

I just installed Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2-2.2e on a "up-and-running" shop.

First of all, it works but the shop is extremly slow. If I uninstall the SEO, its working normal again. The store is a "osCommerce 2.2-MS2"

Second, the admin part dosen't work. In the configuration menu, there is a "CONFIG_GROUP_266" instead of the normal "Seo url's" option

What have I done wrong?

Other things that are now failing as a result of the loss of the query string....

1. Add to cart button in search results takes you to the item page instead of adding the item

2. Unable access/read reviews via the reviews box

3. basically any link that relies on a query string'd parameter fails.

:angry:

can anybody give a solution at this problems thanks

Many thanks

found one problem:

when I have a page with many products and I have to go to the next page ( next>>) it's not working,it just refresh's the page 1

Any ideas ?

Sames as above quote.

It's ok if I turn SEO off. But when it's on.. I can't not access any pages beyond page 1.

Edited by kenji815

Dear sir,my name is Richard

About the Ultimate-SEO,I installed it to my OSC

My OSC shopping program was a chinese words OSC.

My OSC was BIG5 code not UTF8 code.

When I installed the Ultimate-SEO and test it,The SEO can't show the normal product name like below:

for.jpg

Sir,I ever try installed the Ultimate-SEO to a UTF8 chinese code OSC,it work very normal.

but in my BIG5 OSC , Ultimate-SEO can't show normal words.

But My BIG5 OSC have many products and running two years,it's to hard to move MY shop to a new OSC.

Sir,can you help me fix this problem like edit ,fix or modify something in my OSC or my Server( I used Linux VPS Server)

If you can help me,I would like pay you the charge for my Thanks.

Sir please help me.

My skype was :evaland999

Thank you very much

I found a fix for the item not being added to the cart from search results on the original contrib page:

In includes/classes/seo.class.php

around line 653:

CHANGE:

return htmlspecialchars (utf8_encode ($link));

TO:

return htmlentities (utf8_encode ($link), ENT_QUOTES);

I'm still trying to find out what's happening with the query string params so keep your fingers crossed :)

I've searched and searched and searched, no solution. I installed this contribution and I am now getting

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The snippet of coding that I have to stick in my .htaccess file is causing the problem. My store is in the /shop directory. I've edited it correctly. My host (estarr.com) says that rewrite is enabled. Better yet, here's a copy of my .htaccess below

# Override PHP settings. The first IfModule is

# for Apache 1.3, the second for Apache 2.

<IfModule mod_php4.c>

php_value register_globals 1

</IfModule>

<IfModule sapi_apache2.c>

</IfModule>

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /shop/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=

$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php ?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I'm working on multiple stores with multiple problems.

I've searched and searched and searched, no solution. I installed this contribution and I am now getting

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The snippet of coding that I have to stick in my .htaccess file is causing the problem. My store is in the /shop directory. I've edited it correctly. My host (estarr.com) says that rewrite is enabled. Better yet, here's a copy of my .htaccess below

# Override PHP settings. The first IfModule is

# for Apache 1.3, the second for Apache 2.

<IfModule mod_php4.c>

</IfModule>

<IfModule sapi_apache2.c>

</IfModule>

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /shop/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=

$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php ?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

You have located the .htaccess file in /shop/?

However that message reads like a script error to me and not a 404 error (although it mentions one as a secondary problem), so I'd be checking the edits you made to install this mod to be honest. Perhaps there's a spurious bracket or something lurking in one of your edits. What does your web server error log say (if anything)?

You have located the .htaccess file in /shop/?

However that message reads like a script error to me and not a 404 error (although it mentions one as a secondary problem), so I'd be checking the edits you made to install this mod to be honest. Perhaps there's a spurious bracket or something lurking in one of your edits. What does your web server error log say (if anything)?

Yes the .htaccess file is in /shop. When I take out the part that chemo says to add to my .htaccess file, my store shows up again so it's in the .htaccess

Here's my error log

[Thu Oct 11 15:56:47 2007] [error] [client 12.210.82.96] File does not exist: /home/myusername/public_html/500.shtml

[Thu Oct 11 15:56:47 2007] [alert] [client 12.210.82.96] /home/myusername/public_html/shop/.htaccess: RewriteRule: bad flag delimiters

Edited by sheenaw

Yes the .htaccess file is in /shop. When I take out the part that chemo says to add to my .htaccess file, my store shows up again so it's in the .htaccess

Here's my error log

[Thu Oct 11 15:56:47 2007] [error] [client 12.210.82.96] File does not exist: /home/myusername/public_html/500.shtml

[Thu Oct 11 15:56:47 2007] [alert] [client 12.210.82.96] /home/myusername/public_html/shop/.htaccess: RewriteRule: bad flag delimiters

FIXED IT there was a space between the ? and c of index.php?cPath in my .htaccess

Same here :'(

found one problem:

when I have a page with many products and I have to go to the next page ( next>>) it's not working,it just refresh's the page 1

Any ideas ?

Sames as above quote.

It's ok if I turn SEO off. But when it's on.. I can't not access any pages beyond page 1.

Cumparaturi4all