• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Perhaps if someone has this working with Header Tags they could send me their categories.php file?

Or tell me how they installed.

I'm a bit desperate as now I can't add or remove anything from my catalog

Thanks

Lotti

PM sent...

Cheers..

Jack

Converge

Couple of things firstly i have got installed quantity price breaks which works fine until i added ultimate seo now it wont show up with seo active with i need, but as i am selling t-shirts i also need the price breaks.

any ideas how to get the working together?

has anyone go them working together if so can you please send the coding for product_info.php

Thanks

I have also got an add on for customizing t-shirts, teddys etc i have done the re-write bit in .htaccess file but i dont know what the code needs to be to change it from http://www.parakeetprint.co.uk/logo.php/product_id/226

to this

http://www.parakeetprint.co.uk/custom-prin...hion-l-226.html

if you go to this address it loads fine its just the code needs changing to the seo link re-write

if ((tep_get_crbu_status((int)$product_info['products_id'],1))||(tep_get_crbu_status((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'],2)))

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIRT_LOGO,'products_id='.(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_add_image.jpg', '', '', '', 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '</a><br>';

if (tep_get_crbu_status((int)$product_info['products_id'],3))

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIRT_TEXT,'products_id='.(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_add_text.jpg', '', '', '', 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '</a><br>';

Thanks for any help

Please help. Site is down after installing SEO URLs.

Works perfectly on every page until I go to "my account" or "cart" and the server switches to an ssl connection. Then I get an error like..

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.... etc.

I was thinking it was an .htaccess probelm but I can't quite figure it out. I searched this thread and have seen the problem come up but no answers. Please help if anyone knows whats wrong.

I have the exact same problem... also when i take the .htaccess file out the site works again.. however the SEO pages do not work it comes up with the page not found.

If you are unlucky and have one of those old two-folder setups - one for httpdocs and one for httpsdocs then the .htaccess file, and the other Ultimate SEO URL files, will need to be in both of them.

It may also be that Mod Rewrite is not enabled by your host for https connections.

Vger

I installed Ultimate SEO 2.1d and everything works fine apart from when i click on a review does not display correctly.

But if i click on the back button within the review the review displays correctly.

This is what the review displays

by I Date Added: Thursday 01 January, 1970

I

Rating: I of 5 Stars! [i of 5 Stars!]

Not good when he gave it 5 stars.

ALso the link to the review is (I only have one review on the site)

http://www.zappelectricals.com/bi908-iphon...ml?reviews_id=1

but when i click back the link is this:

http://www.zappelectricals.com/bi908-iphon...one-pr-102.html (Link to the product) but the review is showing, and if i hit back again the product appears.

All a bit strange.

I am not sure if this is totally down to ultimate SEO, because when i disable ultimate SEO, my site stops working.

The links revert back to the way they were before i installed ultimate SEO:

http://www.zappelectricals.com/product_inf...products_id=104 but it takes ages to load and then fails with the following error.

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

So i really have two problems.

1) reviews not displaying correctly

2) cant disable Ultimate SEO.

zappautomation

I have the exact same problem... also when i take the .htaccess file out the site works again.. however the SEO pages do not work it comes up with the page not found.

Apparently i cannot use this mod because of the .htacces file. I talked to my hosting company and because we are on a shared server i am not allowed to put .htaccess files in.

Hi all;

In need of some help here. Please keep in mind, I'm still rather new at this, so kinda lost lol.

I uploaded the seo.class.php from Aug.4,07 file on the contrib page and I'm not sure if there

are more files that I need to copy into my system. The only "full" version I can find is the

one from 2005. After i uploaded the seo.class to my site, now when I click on a product

item, all I get is "No input field specified" so I am assuming there is more to be done.

Help please??

Thanks in advance,

Karen

If you are new, then try to install version 2.1c by the original contributor Chemo. THat version always works. If it doesn't, then it would be either there's mistake made during installation, or your server doesn't support it.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Hi,

I've installed Ultimate_SEO_URLsv21da, everthing works but there is no control panol in the configuration. In the database is in the configuration group the ultimate seo string missing, I check step 4 already but no luck sofar, could somebody help me to get the control panal active in my configuration?

Thanks

I have just finished work on my site, although I am fairly new to OSC and web design in general.

I am presently at the stage of ordering stock and listing on my site ready to go live....for reference, my site is at http://www.tractormad.co.uk

I've been reading through the forums, and it generally seems to be accepted that in order to increase traffic there are two contributions which should be installed. One of which is the Ultimate SEO URLs.

Having read through this thread, as well as the help files in the download I am still a little baffled, and perhaps my lack of web design background is the reason. I am presuming the SEO="Search Engine Optimizations", and that the URL suggests this contribution will some how format my sites URL to be SE friendly. I have some basic, possibly stupid questions;

What exactly does SEO URLS do? How does it do it? And what work will I have to do in an ongoing basis (in relation to SEO URLs)

Having read through the thread, I appreciate a massive amount of work must have gone into this contrib, so thank you to the author.

it formats the url - so instead of www.myshop.com/someuselessurl it becomes www.myshop.com/someusefullurl

it automaticly creates the urls based on the titles of categories & products and you can manually enter specific ones if you desire.

as for ongoing - sod all.

it formats the url - so instead of www.myshop.com/someuselessurl it becomes www.myshop.com/someusefullurl

it automaticly creates the urls based on the titles of categories & products and you can manually enter specific ones if you desire.

as for ongoing - sod all.

So how does this improve my ranking with search engines?

So how does this improve my ranking with search engines?

OK I have installed the contrib, and asside from a couple of mistakes on my part it went well.

However, how do I actually know if it is working ok. Ive obviously tested my site in terms of adding products to the basket....but what difference should I be seeing?

The contribution has been installed. One minor problem.When at the index page,the links to other pages, ex.

1. contact

2. login

3. shipping

work fine.

My problem lies when I click a link in the category box. Another window opens with an error:

Not Found

The requested URL /brs-giftdshop.com/oscomerce2/catalog/index.php was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at brs-giftshop.com Port 443

I did recheck .hraccess and made a few changes, which did not help.

My website is located at: https://brs-giftshop.com/oscommerce2/catalog/index.php

And here is a copy of my .htaccess file:

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
   SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
            nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
            downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>
#  php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
#  php_value register_globals 1
#</IfModule>

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /brs-giftdshop.com/oscomerce2/catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

As far the config file in admin, sel settings for short word is set to 3.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Bennett

Bobby first of all thanks for a magnificent job.

Your contribution is a great boost for the development of my shop. It works perfect, so far. Thanks also to all others who have been asking the right questions, and supported his work. I hope someone here will be so kind to help me.

I installed dynamic sitemaps, which supports ultimate seo urls. It works well, but does not generate a product list. Therefore, in addition, i installed another sitemap-contribution that renders a product list only:

<url>

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1529

</url>

The links to the products are seo-style, but they are (unnecessarily) followed by a question mark, with language data, product and model. So it looks like this:

<url>

http://mysite.com/microsoft-internet-keybo...yboard%20PS%2F2

</url>

The code generating this url is the following:

<?php

// get the language code:
$languages_query = tep_db_query("select languages_id, name, code, image, directory from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . "  WHERE languages_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by sort_order");
while ($languages_res = tep_db_fetch_array($languages_query))
     {
     $this_language_id = $languages_res['id'];
     $this_language_name = $languages_res['name'];
  $this_language_code = $languages_res['code'];
     $this_language_image = $languages_res['image'];
     $this_language_directory = $languages_res['directory'];
     }

// get the main categories (their parent id is zero):
$categories_query = tep_db_query("SELECT categories_id, parent_id, categories_status, sort_order FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . "  WHERE parent_id=0 AND categories_status=1 ORDER BY sort_order");

while($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query))
    {
    // get and display their names:
    $categories_desc_query = tep_db_query("SELECT categories_id, categories_name FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . "  WHERE  language_id = $languages_id AND categories_id = " . $categories['categories_id'] . "");
    while($categories_desc = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_desc_query))
         {
	  echo "<tr><td class=main><b>" . $categories_desc['categories_name'] . "</b></td>";
	  }

//  just in case...
//  the following 18 lines are only necessary if some products belong directly to one of the main categories:
    // get the products id that belong to the main category:
    $prod_cat_query = tep_db_query("SELECT products_id, categories_id FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . "  WHERE categories_id= " . $categories['categories_id'] . " ORDER BY products_id");
    while($prod_cat = tep_db_fetch_array($prod_cat_query))
         {
         // get the product model and check the status of the products:
         $products_query = tep_db_query("SELECT products_id, products_model, products_status FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " WHERE products_id = " . $prod_cat['products_id']. " AND products_status=1 ORDER BY products_id");
         $products_array = array();
         while($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query))
              {
              // get the product name in the selected language:
              $prod_name_query = tep_db_query("SELECT products_id, products_name FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " WHERE products_id = " . $prod_cat['products_id']. " AND language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' ORDER BY products_id");
              $prod_name_array = array();
              $prod_name = tep_db_fetch_array($prod_name_query);
              // display the product model and name with link (including language):
              echo "<td></td><td class=main>" . $products['products_model'] . "</td><td class=main>\n<a href=\"" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'name=' .str_replace("/", "/", rawurlencode($prod_name['products_name'])). '&products_id=' . $prod_name['products_id'] . '&language=' . $this_language_code, 'NONSSL', true) . "\">" . $prod_name['products_name'] . "</a></tr>";
              }
         echo "<tr><td></td>";
         }
//  end of just in case...
//  let's go back to our usual tree  Main Category -> Sub Category -> Products

// get the sub categories (under each main category):
    $parents_query = tep_db_query("SELECT categories_id, parent_id, sort_order, categories_status FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . "  WHERE parent_id= " . $categories['categories_id'] . " AND categories_status=1 ORDER BY sort_order");
    while($parents = tep_db_fetch_array($parents_query))
         {
         // get and display their names:
         $sub_cat_desc_query = tep_db_query("SELECT categories_id, categories_name FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . "  WHERE  language_id = $languages_id AND categories_id = " . $parents['categories_id'] . "");
         while($sub_cat_desc = tep_db_fetch_array($sub_cat_desc_query))
              {
	       echo "<td class=main>\n<i>" . $sub_cat_desc['categories_name'] . "</i></td>";
	       }
         // get the products id that belong to the sub category:
         $prod_cat_query = tep_db_query("SELECT products_id, categories_id FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . "  WHERE categories_id= " . $parents['categories_id'] . " ORDER BY products_id");
         while($prod_cat = tep_db_fetch_array($prod_cat_query))
              {
              // get the product model and check the status of the products:
              $products_query = tep_db_query("SELECT products_id, products_model, products_status FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " WHERE products_id = " . $prod_cat['products_id']. " AND products_status=1 ORDER BY products_id");
              $products_array = array();
              while($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query))
                   {
                   // get the product name in the selected language:
                   $prod_name_query = tep_db_query("SELECT products_id, products_name FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " WHERE products_id = " . $prod_cat['products_id']. " AND language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' ORDER BY products_id");
                   $prod_name_array = array();
                   $prod_name = tep_db_fetch_array($prod_name_query);
                   // display the product model and name with link (including language):
                   echo "<td class=main>" . $products['products_model'] . "</td><td class=main>\n<a href=\"" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'name=' .str_replace("/", "/", rawurlencode($prod_name['products_name'])). '&products_id=' . $prod_name['products_id'] . '&language=' . $this_language_code, 'NONSSL', true) . "\">" . $prod_name['products_name'] . "</a></tr>";
                   }
              echo "<tr><td></td><td></td>";    // oh yes !
              }
         echo "<tr><td></td>";
         }
    echo "</tr><tr><td><br></td></tr>";
    }
?>

Could someone please help me get the questionmark (and tail) off the seo url on this particular page?

I would be so grateful!!!

Thanks, Mikee

Somehow the url in my previous post got blurred. Th url I get from the code above:

www.mysite/myproduct-p-25.html?language=nl&name=My%20Product

The url that I want (obviously):

www.mysite/myproduct-p-25.html

without the question mark and tail (language and name).

Anybody???

Thanks, Mikee

i found the solution for my question above:

replace:

echo "<td class=main>" . $products['products_model'] . "</td><td class=main>\n<a href=\"" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'name=' .str_replace("/", "/", rawurlencode($prod_name['products_name'])). '&products_id=' . $prod_name['products_id'] . '&language=' . $this_language_code, 'NONSSL', true) . "\">" . $prod_name['products_name'] . "</a></tr>";

with:

echo "<td class=main>" . $products['products_model'] . "</td><td class=main>\n<a href=\"" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, '&products_id=' .    $prod_name['products_id'], 'NONSSL', true) . "\">" . $prod_name['products_name'] . "</a></tr>";

:thumbsup:

Mikee

OK I have installed the contrib, and asside from a couple of mistakes on my part it went well.

However, how do I actually know if it is working ok. Ive obviously tested my site in terms of adding products to the basket....but what difference should I be seeing?

Found problem - a typo mistake.

Hi

I want to use the Ultimate_SEO_URLs contribution, but I am not sure of our options, we are we are hosted on windows servers, so cannot use Mod_rewite.

What do you recomend we do?

i)Version Ultimate SEO URLs v2.0 of the contributions includes cname so this is compatible with windows servers, so we could install this. Is this worth while?

ii) Would people suggest we move our site to be hosted on an apache server to get full mod_rewrite functionality. I will be looking at upgrading our hosting package next month so I could do this.

iii) is there anyway of tweaking the Ultimate_SEO_URLs contribution and getting it to work on our windows platform using the Mod_rewite functionality...ISAPI_Rewrite???

Basically, I'm not sure what the best thing to do is to ensure that we increase our organic search traffic with minimum fuss.

We use protx direct as our payment module, is this fully compatible with the Ultimate_SEO_URLs contribution?

Sorry for the long posting, but I really am not sure what is the best way to go. I would be interested to hear from people with windows hosted sites, who use the Ultimate_SEO_URLs contribution to see how well this works for them.

Many Thanks

Neil

Hello everyone

I have got ultimate seo working but i have a some t-shirt customising software as an addon to oscommerce and i need to change the links on the product page at the moment the code is like this

if (trim($product_info['products_model'])=='crbu') {

if ((tep_get_crbu_status((int)$product_info['products_id'],1))||(tep_get_crbu_status((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'],2)))

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIRT_LOGO,'products_id='.(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_add_image.jpg', '', '', '', 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '</a><br>';

if (tep_get_crbu_status((int)$product_info['products_id'],3))

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIRT_TEXT,'products_id='.(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_add_text.jpg', '', '', '', 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '</a><br>';

}

which gives me this web addy

http://www.parakeetprint.co.uk/logo.php/products_id/98 (adding logo)

and this

http://www.parakeetprint.co.uk/shirt_text.php/products_id/98 (adding text)

but i need to change it to this

http://www.parakeetprint.co.uk/yoko-hivis-...tcoat-l-98.html (adding logo)

and this

http://www.parakeetprint.co.uk/yoko-hivis-...coat-tx-98.html (adding text)

it seams simple but i dont want to change the wrong code

HELP HELP HELP! Just installed Ultimate SEO Urls on www.motorbikesandparts.co.uk and now NO ORDERS ARE BEING ACCEPTED!

It seems to give all potential orders the number 0 and no billing or delivery address info is visible!!!!!

Please can anyone help, we cannot take any orders while this is like it is