• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi,

This contribution has been working extremely well ever since I installed it about 5 months ago, but all of the sudden, it stopped.

The category and product links come up just fine in the side bar, but when you click them, it goes to a 404 error. The other pages, such as the contact form and privacy notice, work well, just not the product and category pages.

I checked the .htaccess file and it's empty. I'm guessing this is the main problem as it needs to have the rewrite info here, or something like that. Yes?

Here's the site: http://www.socalsurfandsport.com/

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

JHouse

Hi,

This contribution has been working extremely well ever since I installed it about 5 months ago, but all of the sudden, it stopped.

The category and product links come up just fine in the side bar, but when you click them, it goes to a 404 error. The other pages, such as the contact form and privacy notice, work well, just not the product and category pages.

I checked the .htaccess file and it's empty. I'm guessing this is the main problem as it needs to have the rewrite info here, or something like that. Yes?

Here's the site: http://www.socalsurfandsport.com/

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes - you need to have a .htaccess file. The lines needed are in the instructions with the install.

Okay - I've made some progress. I found some threads from 2005-2006 that clarified the problems I had with the categories showing funky characters - that was the result of wordpad convering the striaght apostrophe to a "curly" apostrophe. I still can't figure out why in the product url's, though, it's not stripping the apostrophe and instead is converting it to an ' - which gets stripped down to just a 39. Also - in the order emails, the items are showing up with the apostrophe replaced with ' which of course looks bad.

I'm sure it's something simple I've missed. I tried entering the names with a \' instead of just ' - but that makes no difference.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure why it works, but the fix I did (by just playing around with different things I found:

in seo.class.php

after:

function strip($string){

if ( is_array($this->attributes['SEO_CHAR_CONVERT_SET']) ) $string = strtr($string, $this->attributes['SEO_CHAR_CONVERT_SET']);

$pattern = $this->attributes['SEO_REMOVE_ALL_SPEC_CHARS'] == 'true'

? "([^[:alnum:]])+"

: "([[:punct:]])+";

insert:

$string = preg_replace('(( )|(, )|( & )|(:)|(\')|(')|(__)|(--))', '-', strtolower($string));

And now it strips out the apostrophes from the product names instead of having them converted to 39

Edited by Rick_M

Yes - you need to have a .htaccess file. The lines needed are in the instructions with the install.

Biggity bam, it worked. Thanks.

For some reason the .htaccess file I had was empty, but it wasn't before. Very very strange.

Anyways, thanks again.

JHouse

Dear all,

I installed Ultimate SEO URL v2.1d. Everythings seems to work fine except one thing.

In the product page, you'll find at the bottom the sentence:

For more information, please visit this products webpage

When I hit this link, I am redirected to a page with funny characters and get a 404 error.

The pages looks like this:

http://www.home-automation-international.e...pdf%2Fad10x.pdf

And should be this:

http://www.home-automation-international.eu/pdf/ad10x.pdf

Another thing,

The product title is AD10-6pack - DIN Switch

and as you can see, the seo url becomes ../ad106pack-din-switch-p-500.html

Is it possible that it can be like this:

../ad10-6pack-din-switch-p-500.html

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Marcel

Dear all,

I installed Ultimate SEO URL v2.1d. Everythings seems to work fine except one thing.

In the product page, you'll find at the bottom the sentence:

For more information, please visit this products webpage

When I hit this link, I am redirected to a page with funny characters and get a 404 error.

The pages looks like this:

http://www.home-automation-international.e...pdf%2Fad10x.pdf

And should be this:

http://www.home-automation-international.eu/pdf/ad10x.pdf

Another thing,

The product title is AD10-6pack - DIN Switch

and as you can see, the seo url becomes ../ad106pack-din-switch-p-500.html

Is it possible that it can be like this:

../ad10-6pack-din-switch-p-500.html

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Marcel

Hello every one,

Just a simple question.

After installing the ultimate SEO I noticed a new box in the admin/catalog/products “Products SEO URL: “

Would you kindly advise what suppose to be written there ? If I have in the Products Name box a product called “A—B—C” , What would I key in the Product SEO URL Box : ?

Appreciate you assistance

Ahmed

http://www.qazamart.com

I've installed the Ultimate SEO url and it works great, it had a little bug in account create and has been fixed, but there is still another, manufacturer dropdown just takes to index page and not showing the manufacturers products

My regards, it seems nobody cares by answering this thread anyway i insist!.

Wounderful script Chemo!

I was able to install the script with. I am however having one problem when trying to add new products. When going to add new product I get the following error.

Products SEO URL:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_seo_url() in /home/shopfuze/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 529

Any ideas of how I can fix this?

Thanks everyone for the help, ahead of time.

This is a repeat of my plea for help of a few days ago:

I have installed Ultimate_SEO 2.1da on a new CREloaded version (6.20,10.1). I already have a fully-working installation of SEO on an other website running CREloaded 6.15. No problems there.

What happens now is that all category and product redirections work fine (e.g. 'http://my-site.com/box-set-childrens-collection-p-1761.html' etc) except for when a user selects a category from the main page (a filter). What comes up then is, typically, 'http://my-site.com/product_info.php?amp;products_id=704' if you hover over a particular product in the selected category.

The full, un-SEO'd version of the url for the same product would have been: 'http://my-site.com/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=704', so it looks like the only thing that has happened is that cPath=3& has turned into amp;

If the user clicks on the View all products category option, everything is fine again.

I don't quite understand where the url is actually built-up and when Ultimate SEO takes over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dimitri

I have the same problem, and i have put Output W3C valid URLs and set the switch to "false", but the problem go on

/product_info.php?amp;products_id=106

Please help

I've installed the Ultimate SEO url and it works great, it had a little bug in account create and has been fixed, but there is still another, manufacturer dropdown just takes to index page and not showing the manufacturers products

My regards, it seems nobody cares by answering this thread anyway i insist!.

I have exactly the same problem with the manufacturer. I have been trying to debug it for 6 hours now and can't seem to find why its not working. What is even more mysterious is that I have 2 stores that are very similar at least as far as the code is concerned and only 1 of the 2 stores has this problem. I have used winmerge to compare the 2 directories of the 2 shops and ALL files are identical except for the configure.php in the shop directory and admin directory. I tried fooling around with the configure.php but in the end it made no sense so now I am trying to find other differences other than code related differences.

If I find anything I will let you know. Anyone else have this problem with the manufacturer

I have exactly the same problem with the manufacturer. I have been trying to debug it for 6 hours now and can't seem to find why its not working. What is even more mysterious is that I have 2 stores that are very similar at least as far as the code is concerned and only 1 of the 2 stores has this problem. I have used winmerge to compare the 2 directories of the 2 shops and ALL files are identical except for the configure.php in the shop directory and admin directory. I tried fooling around with the configure.php but in the end it made no sense so now I am trying to find other differences other than code related differences.

If I find anything I will let you know. Anyone else have this problem with the manufacturer

One way of somewhat solving the manufacturer problem mentined above and finally get it to show the products of the manufacturer rather than the index is to

set the "Enable automatic redirects?" in the SEO URLS configuration in admin to FALSE. Although not the solution I was looking for since it make the manufactuerer drop down act as as the original OSCOMMERCE did, this will have to do for now until I figure out the problem at a later date.

Hi,

sorry if I ask something that has already been solved, but browsing through over 100 pages would take too long and I couldn't find anything that could help me using the search engine.

so here it is:

I have SEO Urls installed but when I switch it on I get an HTTP 404 error on all pages.

the links looks something like:

http://www.mysite.com/cybermate-p-45.html?...36f2a2f201c039c

any clue about what I have to check to make it work?

thanks

Wounderful script Chemo!

I was able to install the script with. I am however having one problem when trying to add new products. When going to add new product I get the following error.

Products SEO URL:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_seo_url() in /home/shopfuze/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 529

Any ideas of how I can fix this?

Thanks everyone for the help, ahead of time.

admin/includes/functions/general.php

Add ( before the final ?> ):

function tep_get_category_seo_url($category_id, $language_id) {

$category_query = tep_db_query("select categories_seo_url from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

return $category['categories_seo_url'];

}

function tep_get_products_seo_url($product_id, $language_id = 0) {

global $languages_id;

if ($language_id == 0) $language_id = $languages_id;

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_seo_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

return $product['products_seo_url'];

}

Hi all,

Installed the contribution with no problems (i think)..

Is this right:

When someone is browsing my site 'without logging in' the cpath is displayed after the html

But when someone 'logs in' to their account the url's are clean without the cpath information.

Is it not possible to not show the cpath all the time?

Could someone explain if this is right or not.

Thanks a lot.

Just giving props to Chemo for good coding! five thumbs up!

Had a few problems upon install, turns out my eyes become faulty after a few minutes of reading the same thing over and over. all of the information was there, and that which was not implemented caused the errors.

one bug that persists is the add to shopping cart -> continue shopping -> 404 page with W3C friendly option turned on. turned off, functions fine so good enough.

anyways Thanks a Mill, hopefully I will make my mill and piece this brotha off.

peace to the osC community movement! :thumbsup:

Hi guys,

I'm having problems with the "buy now" button, but only with certain contributions. I've trawled through this thread and others but can't find an answer (or maybe after the 100th page, my eyes glazed over and I missed it).

I've installed Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2823) as uploaded by yesudo on the 29th of November 2006. All works great in terms of conversion to nice URLs. However, I am having some problems getting it to co-operate with a couple other contributions. These are the "star products" (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2255) and "X-Sell v2-MS2" (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1415) contributions.

Both these contributions use the "buy now" button. The "star products" contribution plonks a box onto the site's main page with a blurb about the product and a buy now button. Clicking the buy now button correctly adds the product to the cart, and takes you to the cart to see the added product. However, clicking on the "continue shopping" button here results in the browser sitting and waiting. IE sits forever, and firefox does eventually produce this: "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

At first I thought it was something I'd done, as I've heavily customised my site. So I decided to set up a completely vanilla site (http://test.maxxxie.net) with the standard osC installation, followed by ultimate SEOs then star product. The same problem occurs. It attempts to return the shopper to a link such as http://test.maxxxie.net/index.php?osCsid=6...;products_id=23 - which never goes anywhere. I've noticed that the x-sell contribution produces this type of link as well (I've not installed x-sell on the test site BTW, just star products).

My solution thus far has been to remove the buy now buttons from both contributions until this is resolved, but I don't see this as a permanent fix. I did try scotspaul's idea (see the x-sell link) but it didn't help.

Can anyone give me some guidance on this? I'm just about ready to tear my hair out!

Max

Edited by maxxxie

Chemo, Great contribution.

I have been using Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.2.2 for some time and have had great results.

I am wondering if you could shed some light to my question. I have a category with more that one page. That is, once you enter the category, then you have page 1, page 2 and so on. The URL for the second page of the category looks like this:

mydomain/classic-wooden-toys-c-28.html?page=2&sort=2a

I am wondering if this can be set to a rewrite rule so that the parameters page=2&sort2a are ommited and that an SEO url be generated such as classic-wooden-toys-c-28p2.html as an example. where c28 is the category and p2 is the page number.

I appreciate your comments and thank you for the great contribution.

Sincerely,

Sandro.

Pretty please, anybody who can help...

I have CRE Loaded 6.15 and, I think, Ultimate SEO 2.1c. It was the only Ultimate SEO contrib I could find with instructions for installing on CRE...

Anyway, I installed it ages ago and it was very smooth to install and worked great. Then, a few months ago, I moved to another webhost. The URL's look good and as they should.

However, the problem I am now having when an item is added to the shopping cart. When I click on any other page, the item disappears from the cart and the cart quantity is reset to 0.

Where show I start to look for the problem?

This is making my teeth hurt. Thanks for any help!

Figured it out! Thanks to anybody who took a look at this for me...

The problem was that the idiot who helped my move the site set up the Cookie Domains wrong in the Config file... They put http:// at the beginning.

Thanks again!

Hi,

I have this contribution set up and working great! Thanks once more Chemo..

One thing I would like to do..I have searched the posts but couldn't find anything about it..

I would like to add a keyword into the URL's that are created at Category and Sub-Categroy Level..

i.e. where a category URL is currently like:

mydomain.com/mycategory-(rest of the url stuff).html

..I would like to be as follows:

mydomain.com/mykeyword-mycategory-(rest of the url stuff).html

And likewise for the subcategory where it's currently:

mydomain.com/mysubcategory-(rest of the url stuff).html

mydomain.com/mykeyword-mysubcategory-(rest of the url stuff).html

Is there a way I can fix it so it does this and allows my to specify that keyword for inclusion? The keyword is always the same in every case.

Thanks for any help.

Marv

Any ideas on this anyone??

Can I tweak the code somehow to include a keyword in the URL's?

Hi,

I have this contribution set up and working great! Thanks once more Chemo..

One thing I would like to do..I have searched the posts but couldn't find anything about it..

I would like to add a keyword into the URL's that are created at Category and Sub-Categroy Level..

i.e. where a category URL is currently like:

mydomain.com/mycategory-(rest of the url stuff).html

mydomain.com/mykeyword-mycategory-(rest of the url stuff).html

And likewise for the subcategory where it's currently:

mydomain.com/mysubcategory-(rest of the url stuff).html

mydomain.com/mykeyword-mysubcategory-(rest of the url stuff).html

Is there a way I can fix it so it does this and allows my to specify that keyword for inclusion? The keyword is always the same in every case.

Thanks for any help.

Marv

Hello,

I am sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything through the search feature. I have problem login into my account. After submitting the username and password at login.php, the same page loads, except that this time the address is login.php/action/process. The funny thing is that I have another oscommerce installation but it works fine. The only difference is that this one (that doesn't work) is located in /catalog/, while the one that works is located in the root directory. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Hello every one,

Just a simple question.

After installing the ultimate SEO I noticed a new box in the admin/catalog/products “Products SEO URL: “

Would you kindly advise what suppose to be written there ? If I have in the Products Name box a product called “A—B—C” , What would I key in the Product SEO URL Box : ?

This feature is what I want to work but it is not happening.

I have installed the latest version, ran the database query, and edited all the files including what is in the additional_install_instructions, but the customized 'Products SEO URL or Categories SEO URL does not show up under products or categories. I have edited teh language file. Any suggestions?

Edited by newtech