• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I've taken a look at the files in the 'cache' folder and found the full URL of the original site, so currently updating all the files to the second sites URL. Then I'll try uploading and try again.

Hey ho, that didn't work :(

Hi Guy's,

Where have I gone wrong?

I have a site on one server which is running okay with this contrib :)

However...

I have a second site of which I have duplicated all the files, but the SEO URL's don't work :(

The site generates the correct URL (same as the good site), but I get the following error Can anyone give me an idea of whats gone wrong please?

In admin I can switch off this contrib to run with the original URL's, but perfer to have the proper SEO URL's

Thanks in advance to all

Steve

did you also setup your .htaccess properly for your 2nd store?

did you also setup your .htaccess properly for your 2nd store?

No I didn't, doh.... I've now done that and its now working fine :) thank you for your spot help, it appreciated :D

Regarding my posts above involving USU 2.1d and PHP5 it looks like scanditan solved that (and with only having to change 2 lines of code in 2 sql statements. Niiiiice.)

Now my only issue is when USU is set false in the admin I get "Too many redirects" and the page fails to load. No issues at all when enabled.

Any ideas? Removing the htaccess file entirely yields the same result.

Thanks,

Iggy

OK. Just installed 2.1d on a fresh copy of osC using PHP 5.2.1/MySQL 5.0.33 with Scanditan's new seo.class.php and I still have the redirect issue when USU is switched false

toomany.gif

So I'm thinking this is a real bug under PHP 5. Not sure where to begin to look to solve it though.

Pointers? Suggestions? Confirmation?

Thanks,

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

I am having an issue with CCGV (TRAD) and Ultimate SOE.

If Ultimate SOE is turned ON and someone enters a coupon code which returns an error (too many uses of the same coupon or coupon not found, etc) it should return you to the payment page and show an error message at the top of the page.. however it redirects you to the login page and it will not accept your login.

example url

http://site.net/checkout_payment.php?error...ustomer.1+times.

If you turn SOE off it does return you to the payments page and displays the error like it should.

Any idea's?

Testing results so far:

OSC Latest Snaphot (06182006)

Ultimate SEO 2.1d (Yesudo - 25 Nov 2006)

Disable Fix by Randelia

Fixed SEO class by JP Weber

Local install on Win XP using Xampp

PHP 4.42

Apache 2.2.2

My SQL 5.0.21

Mod rewrite is enabled. Rewrite changes made to htaccess.

Functionality is ok... orders increment, buy now & add to cart works. Can create customer account and checkout. Using PWA, can checkout. All this seems ok.

The contribution seems to be functioning. Product URLs are changed. The only glitch is the Category names. They show on mouseover of category. Category name does not add to beginning of product URL even when enabled in admin. Flushed cache and re-tried. No luck. I've been through all pages on both support forums. (Yes, all 140+) :blink:

Anyone have any ideas what I can try next? I would like the category name to appear at the beginning of the product URL.

Any help is appreciated!

Category name does not add to beginning of product URL even when enabled in admin.

There is no such option in admin.

What I see is this:

--------

Add cPath to product URLs?

This setting will append the cPath to the end of product URLs (i.e. - some-product-p-1.html?cPath=xx).

------------

and

-----------

Add category parent to begining of URLs?

This setting will add the category parent name to the beginning of the category URLs (i.e. - parent-category-c-1.html).

------------------------

The feature you mentioned has still to be programmed.

GreetZ

mike

So it's working correctly now? Category name is only added to category URLs or Cpath can be added to the end of product URL?

Which would be the best method of SEO?

Also, do I have to add the redirect fix for the &amp?

Thanks for the help!

So I'm thinking this is a real bug under PHP 5. Not sure where to begin to look to solve it though.

Pointers? Suggestions? Confirmation?

Thanks,

Iggy

It's not php5. And from what I understand you have this categories url problem issue right? This was mentioned earlier setting up the mysql query properly. For this message you're seeing looks like the configure.php is not set properly or you have some sid custom thing that causes problems with the seo module. Try using 2.1c from bobby with the categories fix jim did. Bring your system up to a working state first and use the default .htaccess as shown in the seo docs.

It's not php5. And from what I understand you have this categories url problem issue right? This was mentioned earlier setting up the mysql query properly. For this message you're seeing looks like the configure.php is not set properly or you have some sid custom thing that causes problems with the seo module. Try using 2.1c from bobby with the categories fix jim did. Bring your system up to a working state first and use the default .htaccess as shown in the seo docs.

Scanditan solved the categories issue with the newest version of seo.class.php (which was a SQL issue) so everything in 2.1d works fine when it's enabled; custom category urls show properly, products urls show properly etc.

It's when it's disabled (set false in admin) that there's a redirect problem. Otherwise it works fine.

USU 2.2.2 works fine in both PHP4 and PHP5 enabled or not so pretty sure my dev box is in a working state :)

I'll poke at it. If someone finds a solution or confirms it's an issue that'd be great.

Iggy

Edited by Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

hi .

i installed ultimate Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs yesudo 29 Nov 2006 and get error , i can't enter my shop and my admin

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500
localhost
01/17/01 22:03:49
Apache/2.2.3 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8d mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.0

i know it's .htaccess problem.

if i use my old .htaccess again,i can view my shop and enter my admin but i always get error when clicking any products and categories

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

Error 404
localhost
01/17/01 22:23:07
Apache/2.2.3 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8d mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.0

the link goes here http://localhost/shop/c%C3%A3%C2%A1p-%C3%A...50fc35bdd8cc51b

is this problem with unicode?i use utf-8 for my language !

anyone know plz help me!

thanks a lot

I am seeing a very weird problem which just had this contrib (v2.1c) installed: everything seems OK when clicking on a product/category, the links will be converted to what would normally be seen after installing this contrib, ie, /cat_name-prod_name-p_id.html etc. Problem is when your type in directly in the browser's address bar an old url such as:

http://www.domain.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=100

where catalog is the folder where osc is installed, and the product with id 100 does exist,

but the page returns 'product not found', and here is the weird bit: in the address bar, the url now changes to:

where it'd have been:

http://www.domain.com/catalog/cat_name-prod_name-p100.html

I have no idea where on earth this last bit of catalog=product_info.php comes from. The concern is that as the site has been on for years and google has indexed the old urls (1000+) for a long time, so if any visitor clicks on those old links on google and is told product not found, that is not going to be helpful.

I wonder if anyone has seen this before? I haven't found a solution, not even the cause. It may or may not have anything to do with ultimate seo urls, but since it's supposed to take care of converting the old urls to the seo urls, why it fails on this occasion? :(

Thanks,

Ken

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Sorry, the part of the text in my post above should read:

but the page returns 'product not found', and here is the weird bit: in the address bar, the url now changes to:

http://www.domain.com/catalog/produc_info.php?catalog=product_info.php

The editor decided to cut it short because it thinks it an url so I have to put it in as code.

Ken

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

Hi,

Firstly, thanks to Chemo for this really clever contribution! My URL's are working a treat..but have a problem with the Admin part of it..

I have installed Ultimate SEO v2.1.b. I have perfect looking URL's (product, categories) and I am able to navigate perfectly around the site, adding products to cart etc.

BUT..I have never had the SEO URL option showing in the configuration section of Admin. The 'all database settings will be installed automatically on first page request' simply does not happen for me. I have no databaase entries relating to SEO URLs whatsoever.

I have read in posts about people seeing 'succes' messages as the installer goes through it's paces. I get nothing. My database is not being accessed by the installer at all. Which is why I can't see anything realting to SEO in Admin.

The seo.class.php is being accessed (whilst browsing the catalog) as I can get the page to error by entering text amongst the queries but when left untouched it's reading through the code but not doing anything.

It isn't accessing my database to do what's required. Is there something I need to run to kick this into motion?? Are there database settings that might be preventing it?

I have checked, checked and rechecked that all files are correct and code etc. Please help?!! It's just not doing the install bit.

Thanks

...It's just not doing the install bit..

As far as I know, there's no Success msg whatsoever, it just installs the db bit quietly on the background when you first time access your site product pages.

One workaround suggestion: if you got another site that also has seo urls installed, then you could export the part of data related to seo urls and import to the one in question, ie, export data only from table comfiguration as sql, then delete all but those related to seo urls, and run the sql on the database in question. For the configuration group, you could insert a record manually.

Ken

... I have no databaase entries relating to SEO URLs whatsoever...

In case you ask, here is a sample sql script export from a db that has seo urls installed:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.9.1.1

-- --------------------------------------------------------
--
-- Dumping seo urls data for table `configuration`
--

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (180, 'Enable SEO URLs?', 'SEO_ENABLED', 'false', 'Enable the SEO URLs?  This is a global setting and will turn them off completely.', 41, 0, '2007-03-07 09:13:50', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (181, 'Add cPath to product URLs?', 'SEO_ADD_CPATH_TO_PRODUCT_URLS', 'false', 'This setting will append the cPath to the end of product URLs (i.e. - some-product-p-1.html?cPath=xx).', 41, 1, '2007-01-27 15:35:01', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (182, 'Add category parent to begining of URLs?', 'SEO_ADD_CAT_PARENT', 'false', 'This setting will add the category parent name to the beginning of the category URLs (i.e. - parent-category-c-1.html).', 41, 2, '2006-12-28 17:18:27', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (183, 'Filter Short Words', 'SEO_URLS_FILTER_SHORT_WORDS', '3', 'This setting will filter words less than or equal to the value from the URL.', 41, 3, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (184, 'Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)?', 'SEO_URLS_USE_W3C_VALID', 'true', 'This setting will output W3C valid URLs.', 41, 4, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (185, 'Enable SEO cache to save queries?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_GLOBAL', 'true', 'This is a global setting and will turn off caching completely.', 41, 5, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (186, 'Enable product cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_PRODUCTS', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the products.', 41, 6, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (187, 'Enable categories cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_CATEGORIES', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the categories.', 41, 7, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (188, 'Enable manufacturers cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_MANUFACTURERS', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the manufacturers.', 41, 8, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (189, 'Enable articles cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_ARTICLES', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the articles.', 41, 9, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (190, 'Enable topics cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_TOPICS', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the article topics.', 41, 10, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (191, 'Enable information cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_INFO_PAGES', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the information pages.', 41, 11, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (192, 'Enable automatic redirects?', 'USE_SEO_REDIRECT', 'true', 'This will activate the automatic redirect code and send 301 headers for old to new URLs.', 41, 12, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (193, 'Choose URL Rewrite Type', 'SEO_REWRITE_TYPE', 'Rewrite', 'Choose which SEO URL format to use.', 41, 13, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''Rewrite''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (194, 'Enter special character conversions', 'SEO_CHAR_CONVERT_SET', '', 'This setting will convert characters.<br><br>The format <b>MUST</b> be in the form: <b>char=>conv,char2=>conv2</b>', 41, 14, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (195, 'Remove all non-alphanumeric characters?', 'SEO_REMOVE_ALL_SPEC_CHARS', 'false', 'This will remove all non-letters and non-numbers.  This should be handy to remove all special characters with 1 setting.', 41, 15, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (196, 'Reset SEO URLs Cache', 'SEO_URLS_CACHE_RESET', 'false', 'This will reset the cache data for SEO', 41, 16, '2006-12-12 17:56:43', '2006-12-12 17:56:43', 'tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''reset'', ''false''),');

You may need to edit the numbers of 180 - 196 that follow 'VALUE (' to just '' (two sigle quotes) and let mysql decide the id for you. As I said you need to insert a record to the configuration_group table with a group id which in this example is 41.

Brfore you run the script. DO make sure you check your configuration table that there's no entries for the seo urls contrib.

Ken

That's a good idea! Many thanks for your reply and help. I will let you know how I get on with it.

Is getting those 2 tables updated the only thing that gets done during the 'install' part of this? ie. if I get this done I will be up to date with all required things that are needed?

You can trust me - I have got this instaled many times, the two are the only tables that seo urls updates/makes changes.

But you do need to check it for sure it hasn't been installed in your db. and if you could not even do this running the sql, then you need to talk to your host.

Ken

That's a good idea! Many thanks for your reply and help. I will let you know how I get on with it.

Is getting those 2 tables updated the only thing that gets done during the 'install' part of this? ie. if I get this done I will be up to date with all required things that are needed?

You can trust me - I have got this instaled many times, the two are the only tables that seo urls updates/makes changes.

But you do need to check it for sure it hasn't been installed in your db. and if you could not even do this running the sql, then you need to talk to your host.

Ken

Great, I did that and now I have my SEO URL in Admin. Thanks very much for your help it is much appreciated.

When I make changes to SEO's in admin I then have to go and clear my cache to then see those changes on the site..is that right?

hi .

i installed ultimate Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs yesudo 29 Nov 2006 and get error , i can't enter my shop and my admin

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

Error 500
localhost

if i use my old .htaccess again,i can view my shop and enter my admin but i always get error when clicking any products and categories

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

Error 404
localhost

anyone know plz help me!

thanks a lot

someone plz give me a hand ^^

someone plz give me a hand ^^

I had that problem (error 404 when navigating to product/category pages) and I'm sure I fixed it by setting 'Allow Overides' to 'All' instead of 'None' in my http.conf file under the root directory area of the code.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to use this with the NewsDesk contribution? Its the only part on my site that does not have the SEO URLs and I would love to be able to make them work with this contribution.

I know I have to edit the seo.class.php and the htaccess file but I don't know what to add?

Any help would be great,

Jamie

I had that problem (error 404 when navigating to product/category pages) and I'm sure I fixed it by setting 'Allow Overides' to 'All' instead of 'None' in my http.conf file under the root directory area of the code.

i really don't understand,can you tell me more?i'm using xampp to test osc in local.

Edited by osclearner

hi .

Server error!

Error 500
localhost

Object not found!

Error 404
localhost

anyone know plz help me!

thanks a lot

someone knows the solution for my problem?

thanks!!!