• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Accessing the administration

I just installed OsCommerce using an automatic installer (fantastico). When I attempt to go to the admin page to start setting it up I get the following on my screen.

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/liqui93/public_html/public_html/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

can anyone help?

thanks!

This is a php5 compatibility problem. Download admin/includes/classes/upload.php and edit line 31 so that $this reads unset ($this); and that will fix the problem.

Remember - don't edit files using the osCommerce File Manager, download the file and edit in a plain text editor like Notepad, Text Pad or Crimson Editor.

Vger

This is a php5 compatibility problem.  Download admin/includes/classes/upload.php and edit line 31 so that $this reads unset ($this); and that will fix the problem.

Remember - don't edit files using the osCommerce File Manager, download the file and edit in a plain text editor like Notepad, Text Pad or Crimson Editor.

Vger

Thanks for your help Vger. Im new to setting up websites so not sure about the part where I edit line 31. I downloaded and opened the file in notepad, however Im not sure how to find line 31. There are 6 rows but no distinguisment to line numbers as such.

Is each line meant to start at a $ sign? The text $this appears a lot in the file so not sure which one I am meant to change. Can you please tell me the sentence where I am meant to change $this or I would greatly appreciate it if you could possibly email the file to [email protected]

Thanks again for your help!

Archived