• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift Registry

I installed Gift Registry with almost 40 other contributions I've installed by myself, yet only one time did it ever actually set into Gift Registry mode with the Registry contribution, everytime I click <click here> to go into gift registry mode, it never sets me into the gift registry mode, just sends me back to the index.php page, what's going on?

Installed Contributions: AJAX Menu, AJAX Attributed Manager, AP URL ReWriting, Credit Class and Gift Vouchers, CCGV Report, Date of Birth PullDown, FCKEditor for Product Desc., Monthly Installment Payments, More Pictures 6, MSRP Savings, Must Agree to Terms on Checkout, Order Editor, Payment Method Fee, PopUp Promo, Private Messages, Purchase Order, Purchase Order Application, Secure Admin Login-Logout, STS Plus, SugarCRM Integration, Supertracker, Tax Exempt and Organization Discounts, Your Recent History.

23 Total Contributions Installed :)

Like it says on the page, <click here> under the Registry Mode, when you click the <click here> it is supposed to set you into Gift Registry mode until you click the link to exit. Well, to say the least, I click it and sometime it'll go into it and then again sometimes it won't. The only thing is that, like right now, it'll do like always, send me to the index.php page set into GR mode and then when trying to access a product or something, the mode is shut off.

Installed Contributions: AJAX Menu, AJAX Attributed Manager, AP URL ReWriting, Credit Class and Gift Vouchers, CCGV Report, Date of Birth PullDown, FCKEditor for Product Desc., Monthly Installment Payments, More Pictures 6, MSRP Savings, Must Agree to Terms on Checkout, Order Editor, Payment Method Fee, PopUp Promo, Private Messages, Purchase Order, Purchase Order Application, Secure Admin Login-Logout, STS Plus, SugarCRM Integration, Supertracker, Tax Exempt and Organization Discounts, Your Recent History.

Not sure what gift registery is. was going to see if i could help but couldnt find the contribution to look at

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Not sure what gift registery is. was going to see if i could help but couldnt find the contribution to look at

Probably this one Registry

lol Jenny, thanks. I SWEAR I searched. Those sleeping pills must have made me blind as well as tired last night =)

err this morning. Wow, no wonder I am sleepy. I only got about an hour in.

Edited by wendyjames

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Yeah, its called the Registry but its real function is like a gift registry.

I've found some more problems. With the gift registry, in the shopping cart when I try and change the amount of quantity in the shopping cart for an item, it will not update it, it'll leave the same amount.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry. Didn't see this thread earlier. Haven't been around in the forum too much lately.

If the cart looses the registry mode this is usually because it looses the session. Make sure your session paths and domains are set correctly in configure.php.

Also make sure the tmp directory isn't shared with other osc installs. You may try to create a tmp directory in your web directory, give it world write permissions and then set the path in admin - configuration - sessions. Make sure it's an absolute path from root.

HTH

Gunter

I've found some more problems. With the gift registry, in the shopping cart when I try and change the amount of quantity in the shopping cart for an item, it will not update it, it'll leave the same amount.

Can you please post a step by step instruction how I can reproduce this!?

G.

I ran into this same problem in trying to set up the gift registry. After much pulling of hair, and much line by line comparison of various versions of the shopping_cart files and application_top files, I got the shopping cart to update by changing line 41 on catalog/shopping_cart.php from the most recent gift registry files.

I changed the following part of line 41 of the gift registry's catalog/shopping_cart.php from being

tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, 'action=update_product'));

to

tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, 'action=update_product_cart'));

I think it could also be fixed by doing the revers by going into application_top.php and changing update_product_cart to being update_product which might be cleaner for purposes of only messing with obviously modified code.

I do worry about breaking something by changing that, as I am very much an amateur at this. I hope Gunter will let us know if this little change might have repercussions I haven't run across yet. (I love the registry BTW.) I'm just glad I got the shopping cart to update again after installing the gift registry.

Edward

Thanks for the help, but why is it now that if I try to remove the product from the shopping cart it doesn't work?