• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Google XML Sitemap Feed - by Chemo

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource 'http://www.jemcraftmemories.com/shop/sitemapindex.xml'.

I get the above when I try to access 'http://www.jemcraftmemories.com/shop/sitemapindex.xml', what have I done wrong?

Just installed the new version of the contibution and I am getting the same error.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /hsphere/local/home/rlawrenc/dreamtimebooks.co.uk/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I have also read through all the forum topics and can see that the new release already has all the bug fixes that resolved this same error in the first version. Any Ideas?

hi there i also had this problem and have since fixed have a new problem now though but here is how to fix yours open your catalog/includes/configure file and at the bottom you will see the server information including host name, username, password and your database name just inbetween the '' enter your password and username information

this should work ok

Hi All,

I'm getting the same error:

Warning: fopen(/home/emablanc/public_html/googlesitemapsitemapproducts.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/emablanc/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 291

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Has anyone come across the solution?

Thanks,

Ricardo

Hi,

I hope i dont sound like a fool. Anyway, i want to use the contrbution about the google crawler....

I am new to this all, but managed to get my way around with PHP, the files, and so on. I have configured my site to the way i want it for now.

All i need is some help with google. With yahoo i am one of the top...Can you explain exactly what i have to do with this contribution as i dont understand how it works and how to install......

Thanx in advance,

Nat

Hi Chemo!

First of all, I must say thank you for all of your great contributions to the community! :thumbsup:

I'm trying to use your wonderful Google XML sitemap contrib in my store, the point is my store is in the Hebrew language(windows-1255 encoding), and the xml feeds are generated as gibberish.

I have Ultimate SEO installed, so every category/product URL contains its name in Hebrew.

I saw the feeds are encoded in UTF-8, so why is the gibberish??

Is that OK to send it to google like that?

I'm not a programmer, so I hope you can help me. thanx for your time :rolleyes:

Hi,

Thanks for the contribution!

Do anyone have a clue about what's causing this strange problem:

The sitemapindex.xml don't contain the links to sitemapcategories.xml and sitemapproducts.xml.

No problems whit sitemapcategories.xml and sitemapproducts.xml, they contain links to products.

If I run this contribution on localhost I DO get links to both sitemapcategories.xml and sitemapproducts.xml in sitemapindex.xml :blink:

EDIT: It's runnin ok at localhost (windows xp) but at the hosting company (linux) the problem occur.

Edited by petsk

I run the exact same code at 3 or 4 different websites, and am currently seeing this problem at all but one of them. I haven't yet looked at differences in PHP / MySQL versions, but that's my next step.

-jared

ok i got it and when i go to

http://www.cnt-gifts.com/googlesitemap/index.php

i get this

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 1

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 1

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /usr/home/chrisr/public_html/sitemapindex.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

)

)

Please anybody know what is wrong?

Files are 777

Correct path

Tried all suggestions posted so far,But still getting:

Warning: fopen(/home/annasatt/public_html/public_html/sitemapproducts.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/annasatt/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 581

Warning: fopen(/home/annasatt/public_html/public_html/sitemapcategories.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/annasatt/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 581

Warning: fopen(/home/annasatt/public_html/public_html/sitemapindex.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/annasatt/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 581

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 13

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 8

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /home/annasatt/public_html/public_html/sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /home/annasatt/public_html/public_html/sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /home/annasatt/public_html/public_html/sitemapindex.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

)

Please

TIA

Please anybody know what is wrong?

Files are 777

Correct path

Tried all suggestions posted so far,But still getting:

Warning: fopen(/home/annasatt/public_html/public_html/sitemapproducts.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/annasatt/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 581

Warning: fopen(/home/annasatt/public_html/public_html/sitemapcategories.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/annasatt/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 581

Warning: fopen(/home/annasatt/public_html/public_html/sitemapindex.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/annasatt/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 581

you seem to have double /public_html/ directory. I think that's the problem..

Hi, would you please help me. I am not sure if I set up the "Cron" corectly. I used the linux server and I entered the "Cron Command: php/path/to/googlesitemap/index.php". I do not know how to change the path to the correct location. Please kindly provide the full script so I can insert in the CRON Command in my Linux Server. Thank you kindly in advance for your help. Kady

• 2 weeks later...

For those with this error: Warning: fopen(/home/emablanc/public_html/googlesitemapsitemapproducts.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/emablanc/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 291

Here is what worked for me: in sitemap.class.php,

on line 291, change this:

if ($fp = fopen($filename, 'x+')){

to this:

if ($fp = fopen($filename, 'w+')){

According to http://us3.php.net/fopen, here is the difference between those 2 parameters:

'w+' Open for reading and writing; place the file pointer at the beginning of the file and truncate the file to zero length. If the file does not exist, attempt to create it.

. . .

'x+' Create and open for reading and writing; place the file pointer at the beginning of the file. If the file already exists, the fopen() call will fail by returning FALSE and generating an error of level E_WARNING. If the file does not exist, attempt to create it. This is equivalent to specifying O_EXCL|O_CREAT flags for the underlying open(2) system call. This option is supported in PHP 4.3.2 and later, and only works for local files.

In other words, if you are running earlier than PHP 4.3.2, the x+ flag will not work. Use w+ in these cases.

HTH

-jared

Access Denied

When i select the google xml sitemap,there is a problem!!

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

hope your reply!

thanks very much

The command in cron should start with "lynx" not "ynx". You missed the leading l (L).

-jared

in cron emails i get this error

/bin/sh: line 1: ynx: command not found

i have the apache server

could anybody point me in the right direction to fix this problem?

i am doing the manual submit and google is fine.

tia

I have this sitemap working on 2 sites but not on this one. I constantly get this error message:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource 'http://www.lookatmebaby.com/sitemapindex.xml'.

Can anyone help?

Need help here guys. Just installed and I get this error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in *******/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

What could the fix be? TY

danes

hello every body,

I have read all the topic but do not find answer to my problem.

I am on creloaed 6 and try to use this fantastic contribution, gretz to Chemo :-p

After lauching the index.php in my brower like this :

http://www.Ohhh Ohhhh Ohhh :-p.com/googlesitemap/index.php

I Have this error ..

So, I try to find where is my error by reading this topic, but do not find :(

Warning: fopen(/www/sitemapproducts.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/morellem/www/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 291

Warning: fopen(/www/sitemapcategories.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/morellem/www/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 291

Warning: fopen(/www/sitemapindex.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/morellem/www/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 291

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 599

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 53

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /www/sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false <<<<<<<<<<<< FILES EXISTS!!!!!!!

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /www/sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => failure

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /www/sitemapindex.xml

[status] => failure

)

)

)

So, I have read all the installation file

Put all permission on the 3 .Xml files (777), by FTP or SSL connection

My web site is in : /www/

Folder googlesitemap is in : /www/googlesitemap/

So, all my files exists...

If I lauch sitemapindex.xml or the other files

It says :

Ce fichier XML ne semble pas avoir d'information de style associ? avec lui. L'arbre du document est montr? ci-dessous.

<html>

<body/>

</html>

So, can some one help me please ?

regards.

Have a nice Day.

plEx :-"

ps : french and not realy tidly with english :-p

hello all

I have Fix It !

In sitemap.class.php

search for :

function GoogleSitemap($host, $user, $db, $pass){
	$this->DB = new MySQL_Database($host, $user, $db, $pass);
	$this->filename = "sitemap";
	$this->savepath = DIR_FS_CATALOG;

and replace :

$this->savepath = DIR_FS_CATALOG;

By

$this->savepath = "../";

and .... ->>

Generated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

Generated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

CONGRATULATIONS! All files generated successfully

Hello,

I use SEO urls and googlesitemaps by Chemo.

I moved my store to root and I edited both configure.php now I tried to generates new maps, I get info

"CONGRATULATIONS! All files generated successfully." but it's not truth because map files are emtpy.

When I was generatings maps in /catalog it worked fine.

What could cause that? Maybe that I moved store? But as I said I modified configure's files.

Thank you for support!