• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate Category Errors

We are attempting to import a catalog of nearly 4,000 products. It's an automotive store, and each make has its own category. The two subcategories are the car model and the type of accessory the part falls into. I let EasyPopulate split the file by 300's. Uploading goes smoothly, but the products are all over the place. Some parts will be in their correct category and in a totally wrong category at the same time. Some are just completely out of place. I thought having EP split it might be causing the problem, so I split the files by hand making sure the categories were correct. This doesn't remedy the problem. There doesn't appear to be any sort of pattern to it either. Has anyone run into this before? We're running 2.76.

Shawn Pauley

WORLD Motorsports

one product model (most be unique) per product, also no apostrophes in the categories. there is a support thread for easypopulate, read thru there.

I've verified that there are no duplicates (unique sort in excel), and there are no apostrophes in the categories. I even removed the special characters (accented lower case E's) from the names of certain categories, but I'm still getting the same problem.

Shawn Pauley

WORLD Motorsports

read thru the easypopulate support thread near the end, one person found they had a duplicate category # which throws things off like what you are having

Either I'm blind or I'm not going back far enough. Sorry if I've missed it. Could you please point it out to me?

Where would the category number defined? Is it possible that I'm not clearing the database properly each trial? Each time I've tried different things, I've emptied the following tables:

categories

categories_description

manufacturers

products

products_description

Shawn Pauley

WORLD Motorsports

I foud what you were talking about, but it's not the same problem I'm experiencing. I read through it, but I still can't find what I'm doing wrong. Here's a few lines from the imported file, does that help?

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_price v_products_description_1 v_products_image v_products_weight v_tax_class_id v_status v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_manufacturers_name EOREOR

TSS019 Tanabe Sustec Pro S-S TOYOTA MR-2 90-95 1620 <p>Applies to 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995</p> 65 1 Toyota MR-2 Springs Tanabe EOREOR

TSS016P Tanabe Sustec Pro S-S MAZDA MIATA 90-97 1620 PILLOW MOUNT COMES STANDARD WITH KIT<p>Applies to 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997</p> 65 1 Mazda Miata Springs Tanabe EOREOR

Shawn Pauley

WORLD Motorsports