• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2nd corporate OSC site: shop.mio-tech.be

peirlinc

Fantastic site, you guys are obviously skilled e-commerce operators - all the important commercial touches and tweaks are there, as well as strong design. Killer combination.

Why do people waste time slagging of 'newby' sites when we should be talking about sites like these that both look good and no doubt perform well and stand up as excellent examples of how to retail online.

For example we should be talking about the superb layout of product information on this site. Also the importance of a well designed 'basket' screen. I know that the shipping estimator is an existing contribution but you could learn how to properly integrate it for maximum customer service by looking at this site.

Sorry, rant over. Excellent site.

/* Intellectual property: are you for or against the human race? */

if ( you want exclusive ownership of an idea ) {

keep your idea to yourself;

// you greedy bastard

}

Ps. I will be copying all your good ideas!!!

/* Intellectual property: are you for or against the human race? */

if ( you want exclusive ownership of an idea ) {

keep your idea to yourself;

// you greedy bastard

}

Wow, very nice site.

Colors work well, everything is well finished - although, just a quick q, have u got a ssl cert yet, as the login link appears to be standard http.

Also, it might be worth seeing wat it looks like centralised, as i've never rlly seen the point of a site being necesseled(sp?) in a corner with a big open space on the right...

Overall though, a top site.

Well done.

A very nice design which manages to combine professionalisme with a vivid and entertaining page presentation.

i think centering the shop would make it a bit better. what happened to your osCommerce info which is supposed to be on the bottom to be in here?

Really nice site and it loads very quickluy.

I certainly agree that it might be better centred, it looks very odd on the left hand side oof the screen.

Also suggest changing the font colour for the 'information' section - gray on gray can be very difficult to read.

Really nice site and it loads very quickluy.

I certainly agree that it might be better centred, it looks very odd on the left hand side oof the screen.

Also suggest changing the font colour for the 'information' section - gray on gray can be very difficult to read.

Great site,

I actually have a question about the product. I have a Mio 558 running microsoft windows pocket pc. and somehow I got the language into chinese and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to reset it back to english. Maybe you can help?

Great site,

I actually have a question about the product. I have a Mio 558 running microsoft windows pocket pc. and somehow I got the language into chinese and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to reset it back to english.  Maybe you can help?

Dear Sir,

the Oscommerce forums are not quite the place to look for our product support :)

You can find help about your product by going to www.mio-tech.be/support.

From there you can send an e-mail to our support team.

Kind regards,

Yves Peirlinck

Mio Technology Webmaster

Nice colors. Like the category menu. Overall, nice layout with good quality images.

You are clearly running on something more substantial than a shared server, as the STS you are using is known for not being very efficient.

Agree, would look better centered.

Still a few things I would change.

For one, the checkout system - to me, it's just more stuff to read and not the best implementation - I would install PWA.

Also, why are you asking for DOB and gender?

Post code field is not in the correct place.

I imagine whoever developed the site knows php fairly well, so you might want to get them to fix the "Page cannot be displayed" bug that I get.

(eg from your sign in page, if I leave all fields blank, hit "continue", then the browser's back and forward buttons)

This is also a problem in any page that POSTs to itself and can be "fixed" with one line of code.

Sites that call the Shopping Cart the "basket" irritate me, but that's your choice.

I wonder why the "checkout" button at the top is orange, but the others aren't? Is this by design? I would have expected the others to be highlighted when I click them.

Your checkout process has about 4 pages too many - especially at the end - I have to click even more to complete payment? Not good.

Your information pages seem competently done, which is always nice.

Also, you should be aware that there is a problem with your session handling for users with cookies disabled - it seems the session is constantly being recreated (look at the osCsid in the URL - it keeps changing).

If I add an item to my cart and browse - suddenly it's gone!

This is probably something to do with STS.

Also, your sessions table (or directory where you store sessions) will soon get filled with a lot of data if you have many users browsing with cookies disaled.

i think centering the shop would make it a bit better.  what happened to your osCommerce info which is supposed to be on the bottom to be in here?

At the very bottom left it says "OSC Powered" so I'm assuming that is sufficient enough for the requirements :thumbsup:

i think centering the shop would make it a bit better.  what happened to your osCommerce info which is supposed to be on the bottom to be in here?

Awesome job. I would think the site looks not stock and wouldnt need the osc copyright info. no?

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The reason the shop is aligned to the left is that is has to comply to the style set by the Mio headquarters. I'm already way off with the mio-tech.be site, I can't afford to get even more off with the shop.

Good point about the lenght of the checkout procedure, will definetely look into implementing a PWA checkout. Do note that once you leave the checkout confirmation page you are redirected to our payment provider, nothing I can do about that process (though I too have some thoughts about it).

For the "Basket" thingy: I've always been more inclined towards "Oxford English" :)

The "Checkout" button at the top is orange because I wanted all important items (menu, breadcrumbs, search box, ...) to be red or orange. Just a matter of getting them noticed.

Very good point about the lost sessions, looking into it right now. (btw could you please send me the browser version you tested it with?)

DOB and gender are not so important to me as they are to our marketing departement, they got something going on with statistics (btw why's the zip text box in the wrong position?)

For the rest: much appreciated you put the time and effort in reviewing our shop.

And that goes for all of you!

Yves

My browser version is irrelevant - the issue is with your server-side php code.

Information pages also are not visible with cookies disabled.

If you insist on calling it basket, at least be consistent, eg

"Tick a checkbox and click "Remove" to remove an item from the cart."

I think there are several other places where you call it cart, too - e.g your "Add to cart" button itself.

You might also want to check out the site with Firefox - there's some quite nasty-looking refresh glitches going on - occassionally I see a big graduated red box in the center that is repeated across the page.

Strongly suggest to your marketing department that the DOB and gender fields be made optional at the very least. Nobody should have to give that information to be able to shop, and if they do, it will often be wrong anyway.

Post code comes after city and before country.

post code comes after city and before country.

no, not in our country.

Belgian postal address standard is:

Street number

postcode city

country

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

It's a pity that you felt you had to use STS though, this will severely hurt your options for support and upgrading in the future.

You could have got the exact same look just by using "standard" osCommerce quite easily.

having said that, it is a very professionally presented Store, and one which (should I be looking for a gadget) I would be happy to purchase from [ I don't say that very often! ]

I also notice the problem that Falsedawn pointed out with Firefox.

Your postcode issues: Think about where most of your clients will come from and adjust it to suit them. Here in the UK, we have street - suburb - city - postcode - country...

But you can adjust this easily (in create_account.php) and other pages which show address details. Just swap the blocks of code around to suit, but be careful to get it right.

Anyway, great site, but I'm disappointed to see the use of STS.

Archived