• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS - Product Info Variables

Hey guys,

Do you'll know the View Larger Image variable I can put in the Product_Info page for STS. I am using the variables it gives you to manually chose where you want to display your information. For instance these are the variables I am using.

$startform $productname

$imagesmall

View Larger Image <----- Where I need the View Larger Image URL

$productdesc

Price: $regularprice

$addtocartbutton $endform

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your assistance, i did already review these before but nowhere in here does it state how to make the View Larger Image be automatic. Cuase it doenst make sense if you customize the product_info page if you cant have a view it larger for each image?

$cataloglogo: The OSC logo and link

$urlcataloglogo: The URL used by the $catalog logo.

$myaccountlogo: The MyAccount graphic and link

$urlmyaccountlogo: The URL used by the My Account function

$cartlogo: The Cart graphic and link

$urlcartlogo: The URL used by the Cart function

$checkoutlogo: The Checkout graphic and link

$urlcheckoutlogo: The URL used by the Checkout function

$breadcrumbs: The "Top > Catalog > whatever..." breadcrumbs text and links

$myaccount: The text version of "My Account" and link. Changes to "Logoff" if logged on.

$urlmyaccount: The URL used by the MyAccount function.

$cartcontents: The text version of the "Cart Contents" function.

$urlcartcontents: The URL used by the MyAccount function.

$checkout: The text version of the "Check Out" function.

$urlcheckout: The URL used by the "Check Out" function.

$categorybox: The Category box

$manufacturerbox: The Manufacturer box

$whatsnewbox: The What's New box

$searchbox: The Search box

$informationbox: The Information box

$cartbox: The Shopping Cart box

$maninfobox: The Manufacturer Info box (blank if not used on a page)

$orderhistorybox: The Order History box (blank if not used on a page, ie: use not logged in)

$bestsellersbox: The Best Sellers box

$specialfriendbox: Either the Specials box or the Tell A Friend box (depending on page viewed)

$reviewsbox: The Reviews box

$languagebox: The Languages box

$currenciesbox: The Currencies box

$content: The main content of the page (the middle of the page)

$date: The current date

$numrequests: The "XXX requests Since DATE" text

$counter: The page view counter

$footer: The footer output from footer.php

$banner: The banner output from footer.php

Thanks for your assistance. I did already review these before, but nowhere in here does it state how to make the "View Larger Image" be automatic. Cause it doesn't make sense if you customize the product_info page if you cant have a view it larger for each image?

If I'm understanding you correctly, that Mod adds the ability to enlarge your image on the product_info pages.

In my opinion, and in my new store front, I'm making my images already enlarged on the product_info pages.

The default, pop-up view is silly in my opinion. The customer wants to see an enlarged image, and possibly more then one view and/or color for said product on the description page (plus you've already loading the entire image size). I'd say do away with the pop-up concept in general, and simply have your large image be enlarged

Take a look at the UltraPics contrib. I'm not sure about the compatibility with STS, but also intend on installing this mod shortly.

Hope that helped

Good Luck

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

All I am looking for is to program the View Larger Image link. Does anybody know how I can do it? I get all the variables for STS just not the view larger image link. I want it to be %source/filename_LARGE.jpg unless you guys know a better way this will work with STS on the custom product_info page. Click on my link earlier to see what I am talking about.

Try this,

You need to add the javascript for the popup code into the <head> section of your product_info.php.html file:

<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
window.open(url,'popupWindow',& #39;toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>

Then, you need to add the following (you might need to play with the popup_image.php path) to make your popup link - or you can put the code either side of the imagelarge variable, instead of click to enlarge, i believe:

<a href="javascript:popupWindow('popup_image.php pID=$productid')">Click to Enlarge</a>

Then, create the new $productid variable in sts_product_info.php by adding this line somewhere in the file (will work anywhere):

$template['productid'] = (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'];

See how you get on.

Edited by Perfect Eye

this code works, but there was a couple of small mistakes

& #39;toolbar=no NEEDS TO BE ,toolbar=no

popup_image.php pID=$productid" NEEDS TO BE popup_image.php?pID=$productid"

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l
eft=150')
}
//--></script>

<a href="javascript:popupWindow('popup_image.php pID=$productid')">Click to Enlarge</a>

$template['productid'] = (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'];

:blush:

my error

,'toolbar=no,

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=200,height=200,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>

i can get the image to pop up but it is not resizing to the width and height i put in