• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate Version 3

apostrophes is more of a php / sql function not working together

ep doesnt have any problems with hyphens

Make hyphens OK

I upload title information and I must make sure there are no hyphens in the description field or the program will error out. I know that SQL is OK with hyphens, so I would like to see EP work with hyphens as well

apostrophes is more of a php / sql function not working together

ep doesnt have any problems with hyphens

Then I think it would be great to have be able to filter the file before your split or upload it. Would it be possible to search and replace apostrophes and other php unfriendlies?

With extensive product descriptions, it's easy to miss a few things that can lead to some harmful database results.

• 4 weeks later...

A checkbox to the admin interface to create multiple description columns when description text exceeds 256 characters.

Obviously not an EP limitation (Excel and some other editors) but a simple workaround for those using Excel (Excel inserts 256 #'s when a cell is over 256 characters).

• 1 month later...

I need support for the moving the product in the other category with removing the old subcategories and even category if them empty, or function for removing empty subcategories and categories at the end of update.

...and removing from p2c links to moved products. (something like this)

if (tep_db_num_rows($result_incategory) == 0) {
			// nope, this is a new category for this product
			$res0 = tep_db_query('
					DELETE
					FROM
						'.TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES.'
					WHERE
						products_id = ' . $v_products_id
					);
			$res1 = tep_db_query('INSERT INTO '.TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES.' (products_id, categories_id)
						VALUES ("' . $v_products_id . '", "' . $v_categories_id . '")');
		} else {
			// already in this category, nothing to do!
		}

olso i needs option to show amount updated or got up products, rather then list products themselves (I update on 3000 - 8000 products)

EP XML version - can anyone write it bases on a contribute osCommerce.XML 0.6 ?

EP XML version - can anyone write it bases on a contribute osCommerce.XML 0.6 ?

(with this I can update only necessary me field, there is no need to indicate name, description etc. if they did not change, but this contribution still have't option for use file from temp dir and have't categories update)

• 2 weeks later...

for me all of the above and yes XML upload please

also auto split and auto upload after split. coz like if u have a split of 30 - 40 text files with 15000 items on em, takes you all morning and afternoon specially if u have alot of attributes with it..

since you ask could you add improvement on download feature of EP? i stop downloading attributes since i already have as much as EP can take and it wont donwload anymore due to "Error: Time Exceeded" problem. but thats just simply not EP's Fault although i believe it can be overcome.

one more small thing and a bit selfishness.. on EP v3, could you please make the column name easier to remember.. for example instead of v_customer_group_price_1 say "group1 price". my colueages just wont learn the right syntax for the column name grrrr!

anyway i really appreciate your hardwork and support! i love you guys!

IS there any code being shared for this ?

I ahve already got aphp file that create vor me XML catalogues for different affiliation, its using the php native dom function and does not require any other libraries.

I am now going to work on a way to have an XML template specifying each attribut needed with their table and database column description.

The way I see this work is that the contribution in the need will be ble to create an xml feed depending on its template. I am not talking about a xsd or dtd which is only there to validate, but a template file.

Therefore if some work is being made on the structure of the file for EP, do let me know as I could as easily integrate it in.

it would be nice if it could create a EP file based on manufacture or category of choice instead ot having to create an EP file for the whole site to edit...

like in <peep>? there a litle bit another logic based on products_id, download <peep> and try to merge EP from it with current EP version ....

IS there any code being shared for this ?

I ahve already got aphp file that create vor me XML catalogues for different affiliation, its using the php native dom function and does not require any other libraries.

I am now going to work on a way to have an XML template specifying each attribut needed with their table and database column description.

The way I see this work is that the contribution in the need will be ble to create an xml feed depending on its template. I am not talking about a xsd or dtd which is only there to validate, but a template file.

Therefore if some work is being made on the structure of the file for EP, do let me know as I could as easily integrate it in.

look at osCommerce.XML improvements, I am improving on this wonderful idea! , forum http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=177090&hl= and contribution osCommerce.XML 0.6 (Easy Populatealte alternative)

let us know results :)

Edited by wheeloftime

Will it be possible to use easypopulate for a multilanguage page? (Not just the products also the categories)

Isnt it right that the current easypopulate isnt compatible with multilanguage pages?

Thanks a lot!

Sammy

• 4 weeks later...

Currently I would like to be able to update only the columns that are included in the header row without clearing the other columns in the database. >_< Also, being able add columns for updates in the header row for uncommon data (like the cost of a product, or markup percentage).

I am currently trying to figure out how to get this done in EP, but do not have enough experience to get it done with PHP. Has anyone accomplished this already? The Contribution Forum on this is too long to go through the whole thing.

Currently its text files and SQL for me!

Thanks to everyone for all the hard work so far!! :thumbsup:

Ok peoples, it is time to get everyone's thoughts on what is needed for easypopulate version 3.

(...)

I may get burned on a stake for making the suggestion but I think a separate interface written in java would be the end all be all for product management. It would be a real pain to make all this work with osCommerce via Java. I suggest going a completely different route. Create a nice Java GUI that manages a product database using XML. Then write an osCommerce plug to easily import / export the database maintained by the Java app. I?m really a C++ guy, never did much with Java. I have however started a Visual Basic app that does some of this stuff. But pairing cross-platform software with software that is not is pretty dumb

Cheers

-dave

• 3 weeks later...
Ok peoples, it is time to get everyone's thoughts on what is needed for easypopulate version 3.

is this an obsolete thread? what version am i running? (checks) hmmm. 2.76 and it is a heavy lifter. as of tonight, it looks like my froogle feed is active as well. i can't think of one single thing. it's a very, very nice piece of software. Mibble, thanks. you know you've changed lives for the better, you'll just never know how many.

I wouldn't mind the ability to add to current inventory using EasyPopulate, instead of just writing over the current quantity field.

For example, say the number of Item X currently in stock (stored in the qty field in the db) is 5. I have 2 more to add to inventory. Instead of updating the db by stating that there are now 7 in stock, it would be nice to just list 2 in the EasyPopulate v_products_quantity field and have it added to the current qty value (sort of like qty += v_products_quantity).

Also (and I'm not even sure if this is possible), the ability to split a downloadable EP file would be a nice feature (much like you can do while uploading an EP file).

Great contrib, by the way! I use it almost daily.

Also (and I'm not even sure if this is possible), the ability to split a downloadable EP file would be a nice feature (much like you can do while uploading an EP file).

Anything is possible. Not everything is desirable. This was suggested, by the way.

• 3 weeks later...

would it be possible to create a colum for the extra weight per product attribute?

I have the "add weight to product attribute" version 0.2 but everytime I use easy populate it resets all the weight added per product attribute.

in short, the "add weight to product attribute" allows the user to add weight to the order depending on which product attribute is selected.

for example, if there is a "yes" and "no" option to adding a computer monitor to an order.

"yes" would add the price of the monitor to the order total and the corresponding weight to the total weight of the order.

it seems easy populate doesn't recognize this at the moment, and every time I do an update to my shop, EP resets all my added weight values...its very discouraging when you need to go and edit it one product at a time.

So I've been sucking up the cost of shipping on those orders due to the fact that EP doesn't allow me to keep my added weight variables...since I'm not about to go and manual re-add weight for each product attribute I have on my store.

This is probably imposible and thats why nobody did it but I'll still try my luck!

Please make EasyPopulate work with QTPro (Quantity Tracking) for being able to add Quantity colounms for the products diffrent attributes.. Especially People who sell things such like T-shirts would be Extremly happy if you did that. The total Quantity coloumn is simply not enough. best way to tell is to give an example,

T-shirt Model 54321 may have

5 blue XL, 4 blue LRG , 3 blue MED, 2 blue SM

2 red XL, 3 red LRG, 4 red MED, 5 red SM

6 greyXL, 5 grey LRG, 4 grey MED, 3 greySM

I have seen a dozen of people in the forums craving for such a luxury!!

if thats not enough,

people should be able delete coloums they don't need.. also rename them..

for example the ids are to much of an information that first misled me to think they were the Quantities.

Thanks for the timing, u r my # 1 Hero @ the moment

Bora

Michelle, ma belle, these are scripts that go together well !!

Will it be possible to use easypopulate for a multilanguage page? (Not just the products also the categories)

I adhere to multi-language support of version EP 3, and I think many owners of multi-language shops would too!

Edited by H2B2

Some may want the 'delete' function, just try to understand how the delete function works, and you will see why that should probably be s separate function, because if you set something wrong in your easypopulate file, you could lose your whole database.

Anyway, please, constructive criticism, thoughts, etc only. This is not a question/answer on how to use easypopulate (see the title of the forum, contribution announcements???).

Thanks!

John this is Lou from whatsreallygood.com. Did you get my email from me. I have not been able to get in contact with you lately. I need some stuff done to my website if you are able. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
T-shirt Model 54321 may have

5 blue XL, 4 blue LRG , 3 blue MED, 2 blue SM

2 red XL, 3 red LRG, 4 red MED, 5 red SM

6 greyXL, 5 grey LRG, 4 grey MED, 3 greySM

This is the only thing REALLY missing in osC :-"