• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Assistance with Create Account Page please!

knipper

Hey All,

I am in Florida and changed the create account page via the "Florida County Based Tax Zones" contribution which is working. However, due to the modification every time a new customer enters the state information by typing it in, it pops up an error message telling them to select the state from the drop-down list. (which is populated with the modified states information) They can then select the state and continue like normal.

What I would like to do is have the drop down list always be what is shown, so the customer can select the state from the dropdown right away, and not have to re-enter state/password to finish creating their account.

This also occurs for current customers who edit their info.

I'll include the code below, so someone with more knowledge than me can share how to modify this to always show the dropdown.

Thanks in advance! :blink:

<?php
 if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true') {
?>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_STATE; ?></td>
               <td class="main">
<?php 
   if ($process == true) {
     if ($entry_state_has_zones == true) {
       $zones_array = array();
       $zones_query = tep_db_query("select zone_name from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_country_id = '" . (int)$country . "' order by zone_name");
       while ($zones_values = tep_db_fetch_array($zones_query)) {
         $zones_array[] = array('id' => $zones_values['zone_name'], 'text' => $zones_values['zone_name']);
       }
       echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('state', $zones_array);
     } else {
       echo tep_draw_input_field('state');
     }
   } else {
     echo tep_draw_input_field('state');
   }

if (tep_not_null(ENTRY_STATE_TEXT)) echo ' <span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_STATE_TEXT;
?>
               </td>
             </tr>
<?php
 }
?>

Steve K AKA - Knipper -

Thanks FalseDawn, I hadn't seen that contribution, but some similar. I didn't end up using it, however the thread that caused that to get created, was just what I needed. It showed the code I needed to modify for my purpose.

The contribution looked like it would work well, also.

Thanks again. :D

Steve K AKA - Knipper -

Archived