• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

Hi

I have been using this add on and it work great, until 2010 where i realized all purchases doesn't automatically have pending point in admin page that awaiting for approval. I ve checked the phpMyadmin, the pending point doesn't go into the table of customers_points_pending.

Has anyone experience this before?? What possibly has gone wrong??

Thanks

Finally i recalled what have done during my year-end promotion: i disabled points for Special/Discounted Product, and this apparently disabled the point for all the products.

I enabled back the point for special product, the pending point work fine now, the issue now is i am forced to give point to special/discounted product coz i can't disabled it anymore, else the whole point system is not working ><

Finally i recalled what have done during my year-end promotion: i disabled points for Special/Discounted Product, and this apparently disabled the point for all the products.

I enabled back the point for special product, the pending point work fine now, the issue now is i am forced to give point to special/discounted product coz i can't disabled it anymore, else the whole point system is not working ><

i got it solved by editing the code in checkout process.php

#### Points/Rewards Module V2.1rc2a balance customer points BOF ####

if ((USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true') && (USE_REDEEM_SYSTEM == 'true')) {

// customer pending points added

if ($order->info['total'] > 0) {

$points_toadd = get_points_toadd($order);

$points_comment = 'TEXT_DEFAULT_COMMENT';

$points_type = 'SP';

if ((get_redemption_awards($customer_shopping_points_spending) == true) && ($points_toadd >0)) {

tep_add_pending_points($customer_id, $insert_id, $points_toadd, $points_comment, $points_type);

}

}

take out the "&& (USE_REDEEM_SYSTEM == 'true')"

and become:

#### Points/Rewards Module V2.1rc2a balance customer points BOF ####

if ((USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true')) {

// customer pending points added

$points_toadd = get_points_toadd($order);

$points_comment = 'TEXT_DEFAULT_COMMENT';

$points_type = 'SP';

if ((get_redemption_awards($customer_shopping_points_spending) == true) && ($points_toadd >0)) {

tep_add_pending_points($customer_id, $insert_id, $points_toadd, $points_comment, $points_type);

}

}

It work fine now. ^^

Thanks

Thanks for the advice, i got it solved, it is the global register issue.

:angry:

Haha, what a pain..

hi day2

is there any chance you could let me know how did you work this out? global register issue??

i`m having the same problem - checkout_payment is working fine but there is no sign of points being deducted in the checkout_confirmation :(

hope u will be able to help

thanks

hi day2

is there any chance you could let me know how did you work this out? global register issue??

i`m having the same problem - checkout_payment is working fine but there is no sign of points being deducted in the checkout_confirmation :(

hope u will be able to help

thanks

ps. this is not an issue of expiry date or the "enable restrictions" - as pointed in the previous posts :(

funny enough it was working so far...

any advice???

• 2 weeks later...

When a customer with any amount of points gets to the checkout_payment.php, he gets a Fatal error: Call to a member function show_total() on a non-object in xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/redemptions.php on line 341. If he has no points its ok.

The line looks like this: if ((POINTS_MIN_AMOUNT == '') || ($cart->show_total() >= POINTS_MIN_AMOUNT) ) {

Whole section:

if (($customer_shopping_points = tep_get_shopping_points()) && $customer_shopping_points > 0) {

if (get_redemption_rules($order) && (get_points_rules_discounted($order) || get_cart_mixed($order))) {

if ($customer_shopping_points >= POINTS_LIMIT_VALUE) {

if ((POINTS_MIN_AMOUNT == '') || ($cart->show_total() >= POINTS_MIN_AMOUNT) ) {

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_shopping_points_spending')) tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points_spending');

$max_points = calculate_max_points($customer_shopping_points);

if ($order->info['total'] > tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($max_points)) {

$note = '<br /><small>' . TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_NOTE .'</small>';

}

$customer_shopping_points_spending = $max_points;

Edited by Toorqs

When a customer with any amount of points gets to the checkout_payment.php, he gets a Fatal error: Call to a member function show_total() on a non-object in xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/redemptions.php on line 341. If he has no points its ok.

Solved this one, had something to with the refferal code that was added at the end..

New problem however. Everything seems to be working well, except when a customer gets to the checkout_payment.php it lists the correct points, but where he can check for "clich here to use max points etc etc." the points lists as 0. I have tried all sorts of settings, and it shouldnt be anything wrong there. Ill fo some searching in these 100 something pages, but if someone has a quick fix, it would be apreciated.

Edited by Toorqs

Solved this one, had something to with the refferal code that was added at the end..

New problem however. Everything seems to be working well, except when a customer gets to the checkout_payment.php it lists the correct points, but where he can check for "clich here to use max points etc etc." the points lists as 0. I have tried all sorts of settings, and it shouldnt be anything wrong there. Ill fo some searching in these 100 something pages, but if someone has a quick fix, it would be apreciated.

Turns out it wasn't solved aferall, i think those 2 errors must be connected somehow. Im back to getting a ../includes/functions/redemptions.php on line 341 error in the checkout_payment.php

again, this error only occurs when redemtion is enabled and customer have any points..

If there are anyone that can help out, then please!

ok, the above errors are fixed. Another one has come up.

Whenever i try to checkout, using any number of alloved points, the sum gets way to small. A 10.000$ item will list as 7$..

i could swear i saw someone else with the same problem, but i cant seem to find it now.

Just want to ask where to edit the calculation of pending points. Because aside from shipping and tax, i have other charges like shipping insurance, low order fee, etc. I dont want to include the cost of these other charges when computing for pending points. I already changed my code in /includes/functions/redemptions.php to this:

// products pending points to add.
 function get_points_toadd($order) {

if ((USE_POINTS_FOR_SHIPPING == 'false') && (USE_POINTS_FOR_TAX == 'false'))
	  $points_toadd = $order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost'] - $order->info['tax'] - $order->info['paypal_fee'] - $order->info['insurance'];
	  else if ((USE_POINTS_FOR_SHIPPING == 'false') && (USE_POINTS_FOR_TAX == 'true'))
	  $points_toadd = $order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost'] - $order->info['paypal_fee'] - $order->info['insurance'];
	  else if ((USE_POINTS_FOR_SHIPPING == 'true') && (USE_POINTS_FOR_TAX == 'false'))
	  $points_toadd = $order->info['total'] - $order->info['tax'] - $order->info['paypal_fee'] - $order->info['insurance'];
	  else $points_toadd = $order->info['total'] - $order->info['paypal_fee'] - $order->info['insurance'];

if (USE_POINTS_FOR_SPECIALS == 'false') {
		  for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++) {
			  if (tep_get_products_special_price($order->products[$i]['id']) >0) {
				  if (USE_POINTS_FOR_TAX == 'true') {
					  $points_toadd = $points_toadd - (tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'],$order->products[$i]['tax'])*$order->products[$i]['qty']);
				  } else {
					  $points_toadd = $points_toadd - ($order->products[$i]['final_price']*$order->products[$i]['qty']);
				  }
			  }
		  }
	  }
	  return $points_toadd;
  } else {
	  return false;
  }
 }

but when a customer confirms his order, the other charges are still being included in the computation of pending points.

For example

Sub total $100

Shipping $10

Insurance $9

Total $119

Pending points should be 100 (shipping and tax are excluded in my admin) but when i go to the admin section under pending points, the points calculated is 109.

thanks

Everything works fine except the referral system.

When a customer enters the referral's email during checkout/ or when creating an account, the admin side doesn't show anything.

In other words, points are not given to the referral's account.

I have already installed "Remember referrer for V2.1rc2a", but nothing works.

What could the problem be?

Hi Toorqs,

How did you solve this issue. i am getting the same problem. Please help me....

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

I have installed this valuable module in my site and it seems very useful to me. I have a request, is it possible to add a function or module to it that can be added specific points to all of my customers? for example, I want to add 1000 points for a reason to all of my customers but now I have to do it for one by one.

Another request, if the program could add specific points for birthday of customers automatically, it would be great.

Special thanks to great programmers.

This is a great contribution, and I believe that it is going to be a huge benefit to my business. I was wondering if anyone knew how to make googlecheckout function with this contribution. Thanks for any help in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, how have you solved the error:

./includes/functions/redemptions.php on line 341 ?

Thanks

neorf

i've fixed it adding: global $currencies, $order,$cart; in redemptions.php but however during checkout_process.php i dont see where to set points to use, why?

thanks

neorf

No Restriction for Price / ID or Categories ?

I just install points reward on a fresh rc2a (merge and / or remplace) and when I enter a restriction it does not functionnaly.

The product on catalog have a points valued are applied / visibles...

All others options are ok (special/referal/...) just this problem on the restricsions.

:'(

thank you for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

hya - great contrib, very easy install.

one question, it says

* Customers can choose the amount of points they would like to spend.

though i only see a choice between all or none. am very interested in letting shoppers use a partial amount of point that they have earned at a given time. does that exist? am i missing something?

thanks!

-jennyb

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for such great contribution. Installed the latest version and everything works fine except that the reward points are being deducted at the Checkout confirmation page even when i did not click the "CONFIRM ORDER" button.

Let's say the customer has 100 points = $100

at the Checkout Confirmation page, it will show

Sub-Total: $6.40

Zone Rates (Shipping to US : 0 kg(s)): $5.12

Points Redeemed: -$2.62

Total: $8.90

Now, i decided not to make the purchase and click on "delivery information", "payment information", "My Account", "HOME" or any other button, the points will get deducted without making the purchase and the items still in the cart.

I've went over all the edited files and couldn't find anything. I've also searched the forum, but couldn't find a solution to this problem.

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

No Restriction for Price / ID or Categories ?

I just install points reward on a fresh rc2a (merge and / or remplace) and when I enter a restriction it does not functionnaly.

The product on catalog have a points valued are applied / visibles...

All others options are ok (special/referal/...) just this problem on the restricsions.

:'(

thank you for your help.

From what I recall the restriction field works in reverse: If you enter a Product ID in the restriction field it basically means that Points CAN be redeemed at checkout IF that item is in the cart. The install instructions did not make this clear but as I said, from what I recall that is the case.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• 1 month later...

I am using V2.1rc2a

Most of the functions works well - Referral, Review and Orders - Points get added and shows under pending.

What I dont see is the redeem system not working even though its enabled. During payment checkout option, I am able to see only refferal box getting displayed for new customer checkout but for customers who have points, the redeem box doesnt show up even though they have enough points for redemption.

Where would be the problem to get the redemption system working.

Same is at the confirmation page, I am not able to see redemption amount not shown.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Points/RewardsV2.1rc2a system installed on our site and it is working perfectly. The only problem we are having is that we give FREE shipping for orders $60.00 and over but want this only to be for this amount when it is paid in real $$, not in points. EG..a customer purchases $65.00 of goods, uses $12.00 of points so their order is now under the FREE shipping threshold - we don't want them to receive free shipping in this instance but don't know how to automatically stop this from happening. Can we change something in the Points system to stop this? Or does it need to be changed in the Shipping module??

Many thanks,

Adrienne

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever I confirm the points in the admin section, in my email box it shows a

"Mail failure - malformed recipient address"

I'm guessing in one of the files the coding was incorrect which is not actually sending the emails to the customers, however I'm not sure where to find the problem to fix it. Can anyone point me in the direction in helping me resolve this issue?

Thanks