• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

I too cannot make the restrictons works. I have 1 item to exclued and it does not work. Anyone have ideas?

this is a pity because it did work properly (if memory serves me correct) in v1.6 but not now

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Has anyone noticed any problems when redeeming points on downloadable products?

As you can see from the image there is a problem.... any one else encountered those kinds of problems? Anyone who has solved it - please let me know.

I know Deep-Silver said points were not mean't to be used as single forms of payment but some people will want to use them as full payment on small orders... can anyone point me in the right direction please?

image12345.png

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

- In configuration in admin folder I am able to see and choose Points/RewardsV20 but there are no options in it - only thing i see is a clean table with name and so on, but nothing under it...

I'm having this exact problem and can't seem to find the solution in this thread...

Everything else looks ok.

Thanks,

Sara

I find it so hard to believe that someone has just posted a request for an add-on to this contribution and actually by-passed this support thread and added their request to the contributions downloads section!

CHOOCH

I dont know if this has been answered before but here's my problem:

When i want to purchase something using points system everything works fine until the last step. I choose Tick here to use Maximum Points allowed for this order but somehow the receit isn't reduced by the value i have in points. In other words, nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Any ideas?

Which Points version are you using?

CHOOCH

I am using Version 2.00d.

Thanks.

What other contributions have you installed - especially ones that show up in checkout_payment

CHOOCH

I dont have any other contributions that are related to checkout_payment.

Then i guess it will be a tad difficult trying to get to the root of the problem... your best bet is to firstly retrace all your steps and make sure the code was installed to correct files correctly - if that doesn't work post here with a list of all your contributions as it can be hard trying to work in the dark.

CHOOCH

hi hi all i think i hav another problem i not sure is the installtion problem or not .. cos after i install everything looks fiine .. but when i do purchase it the point didn't add new point for me and didn't take out the point i hav currently ... offcos it didn't show up at the pending point there also ... um..... so I NEED HELP! loolz

just need some 1 to explain and sharing the way or solution for me

thank you alot ...

oh yeah i'm using easyphp in window xp

hi hi all i think i hav another problem i not sure is the installtion problem or not .. cos after i install everything looks fiine .. but when i do purchase it the point didn't add new point for me and didn't take out the point i hav currently ... offcos it didn't show up at the pending point there also ... um..... so I NEED HELP! loolz

just need some 1 to explain and sharing the way or solution for me

thank you alot ...

oh yeah i'm using easyphp in window xp

Make sure you have set the option to auto credit pending ponts to "0" otherwise they will sit in pending points and not be applied.

Jeff

Contributions I use: DynaMenus - Light Box - Best Sellers Content Box - Related Products 3.2 - UPS XML - Secure Admin Login - Vendor Locator - Graphical Borders.

Make sure you have set the option to auto credit pending ponts to "0" otherwise they will sit in pending points and not be applied.

mine is left blank

CHOOCH

A quick question...

I had everything working with this contrib. but now on the checkout_confirmation page, it does not show or subtract the account balance. Any ideas as to why it is not functioning the way it should be?

Version 2.0

Rich

One other quick question...

Does anyone have any idea as to if you can implement Google Checkout and the Points system together. I have been having people using the Google Checkout and they are obviously not receiving the points for the orders. I am having to go back and add them to the account.

DIFFERENT BONUSPOINTS GIVEN DEPENDING ON PRODUCT!?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Would like to be able to give different amount of bonus points depending on what products the customer buy...so that some products will give customer more bonus points then all the other products..

Has anyone done anything similare AND is it possible to rewrite this already great contribution this way.. :blink: ..?

// Johan

i am wondering if any of you know to make the add points box on customers_points.php work in reverse.

such as:

say my point value is 5%

instead of entering "100" to give the customer $5.00

i could enter "5.00" and give them 100 points

anyone know how to do this? or would want to invest time into doing such? i would donate to their paypal account as it would help me greatly!! :)

also, have been getting numerous complaints from customers trying to redeem when their point value is greater than their TOTAL (before deductions, if that makes any sense)

i have my points deducted BEFORE shipping, so there should never be a negative number.. so i cannot fathom how to fix this OR think of terms to search in this topic for, to see if others have experienced this?

i have my points deducted BEFORE shipping, so there should never be a negative number.. so i cannot fathom how to fix this OR think of terms to search in this topic for, to see if others have experienced this?

Most people would set up their order totals to the default system which puts points redemption after shipping so the chances are not many people would experience your problems but having said that I can add the minimum points required (even 1 point if necessary) and checkout without hassle, but i do have a different problem:

This Gif show the total points allowed to be used as 'zero' but i can still click continue:

points1.gif

This Gif shows what happens on the checkout payment page:

points2.gif

Also, my earlier post shows what happened with another order to do with points and the negative totalling.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Most people would set up their order totals to the default system which puts points redemption after shipping so the chances are not many people would experience your problems but having said that I can add the minimum points required (even 1 point if necessary) and checkout without hassle, but i do have a different problem:

i understand what you're saying, but the problem is; then the customer can get free shipping (in some instances).

i can sometimes take a loss on a product, but taking a loss on shipping is too costly. hence the reason i subtract points prior to shipping being added

i understand what you're saying, but the problem is; then the customer can get free shipping (in some instances).

i can sometimes take a loss on a product, but taking a loss on shipping is too costly. hence the reason i subtract points prior to shipping being added

Scenario 1:

subtotal: $50

shipping: $20

points redeemed: $5.50

total to pay: $64.50

-------------------------

Scenario 2:

points redeemed: $5.50

what are your order totals set up as?

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

what are your order totals set up as?

i am not specifically sure of your question, but your scenario 2 is pretty much dead on, except it's more like:

points redeemed: -$5.50

not sure if that makes a difference or not.

credit-wise, some users have $50+ in credit and only want to buy a $20 product. this is where the problem is posed.

more often than not, if the calculation IS correct, i am resulted with:

-$0.00

although not troublesome from what i can see, i find it odd.

else... the user is normally stopped on paypal when they go to pay their shipping and are greeted with the totals error not being able to calculate correctly.

LOVE this contribution...

Quick question - I would like to add a mini-pop up help prompt ("What's This?") next to the verbage "Points Credit : X points Currently valued at $X.XX" on each product page, that links to a short description of the points that I'll cut & paste from the Points FAQ.

Can anyone offer help? Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...
To you and "Lemos". and all other who don't understand how to restric redeemption to a group.

Access your admin screen via your browser.

under configuration you will find a new group called Points/RewardsV1.60

here you can setup all sort of things (just read it please).

Find the setting that say this.....

Enable the products Restriction(row no.10),

select it and click the edit button, now set it to true. and click the update button.

now one row down (row no. 11 to 13) thoes rows give you the ability to choose what group of products give

points.

the first row say....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:thumbsup:

I feel like a comlpete idiot! Ive worked on this for days and Im more confused now than ever! Im hoping someone here will be able to explain this to me.

Ok... I have Two main categories in my "shop", and each has subcategories.

One is for the customer to earn the points.... Category 41

The other is to spend them .....Category 42

I cant get this to work! Its giving points for both categories!!!

My site is at http://www.refundworld.com/garage-sale

Its not a convensional Shop... its a trading site for homemakers .

Please help

admin-rewardpoints.gif

Hi,

I have a problem with points expire auto email script, and think it is a common bug, as I tried it on clean OScommerce with same result

The script does not send Points expire auto-email, if expire date is in next month.

For example, on January 21 I run the script, Customer poits expire date is Janury 31, and Points Expires Auto Remainder is set to 10 days, I get the email, and all is ok (of course Auto Expires Points is enabled)

on same January 21 I set Customer poits expire date is February 1, and Points Expires Auto Remainder is set to 11 days, run the script and no email is delivered.

Can anyone check if they have same problem, as it may cause a lot of headache, if customer finds his points gone, and he was not notified