• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

Why don't you simply play with the code you have in product_info.php or better still, just remove it!!

What code in product_info are you talking about and how does it relate to my problems with the module? Could you please be more specific? If you mean that code added by the module, I disabled it on my product_info.php because I don't want to display points credit info there. It does't impair the module's functionality in my understanding. Please correct if I'm wrong.

Regards.

What code in product_info are you talking about and how does it relate to my problems with the module? Could you please be more specific? If you mean that code added by the module, I disabled it on my product_info.php because I don't want to display points credit info there. It does't impair the module's functionality in my understanding. Please correct if I'm wrong.

Regards.

did you say in your earlier thread:

I don't want to completly turn off the points module. I still want to allow points for reviews and referrals. I just don't want to add points for purchases. Is there any way to turn off only that part of the module?

Well, if you can't custom code it yourself then all you have to do is delete any pending points from admin. This does create a problem of-course if the customer knows that he/she will receive points for purchasing an item - hence the reason why I suggested to remove the points code from the product_info page (which you have already done).

There is no easy way to do what you want to do without looking at the files and I unfortunately don't have the time to but maybe someone else will, so the best solution to your requirement is to manually delete pending points for purchases and do not add the points code back to the product info.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

When I want to do that some categories would not make points to the customer (Enable Categories ID Restriction), will those points still be seen in the product info? Or does the points still be seen in the product info, but those points wont come anyway?

Becouse I have ultimate SEO and there is .html in each product.

Hi Folks, I am having a strange problem, all is fine up to the point the customer

uses his points, then the points "used"do not subtract, and are available for the next purchase,

any ideas where (in what file) my error /problem is ?

Thanks in advance

Ciaran.

When I want to do that some categories would not make points to the customer (Enable Categories ID Restriction), will those points still be seen in the product info? Or does the points still be seen in the product info, but those points wont come anyway?

Becouse I have ultimate SEO and there is .html in each product.

I tried the same thing to test it and even with SEO URL's off, the points show up in product info even though they have been set to deactivate id 25 for example.... strange problem but I think it is they donwload and not how we have implemented it.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I got a problem with the points system and CCGV module. Here is the scenario:

Customer has the following cart totals:

Sub-Total: $275.00

Discount Coupons:xxxxxx: -$41.25

Tax (8.25%): $22.69

Federal Express (1 x 2.2lbs) (Home Delivery (1 days)): $7.41

Shipping Insurance: $4.20

Total: $268.05

When the order is confirmed, in admin/Pending Points there are 238 points pending. According to my settings in admin/Configuration: Points per 1$ purchase = 1 (no points on shipping and tax). So, in my understanding, there supposed to be 275 points pending and not 238. How these points were calculated? And, is there any way to not add points to orders discounted with the coupon (CCGV module), just like Specials?

Thanks.

Hi Folks, I am having a strange problem, all is fine up to the point the customer

uses his points, then the points "used"do not subtract, and are available for the next purchase,

any ideas where (in what file) my error /problem is ?

Thanks in advance

Ciaran.

Do the points show up in admin? Do they still show in the customers account.php?

CHOOCH

For anybody else experiencing similar problems, Ciarans site had the CCGV contribution installed but not activated. Simply install Gift Voucher mod in admin->modules->order totals and all works fine. ;)

The system accounts Handling Fees as points. So, if I charge $5.00 Handling Fee, another 5 points are added to the total points for the purchase. Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks.

Edited by Irin

Sorry, I couldn't edit my previous post. As I said the system accounts Handling Fees as shopping points. It also accounts Shipping Insurance as shopping points. Now I know where 238 points I referred to in my revious post came from: $275.00 (Sub-Total) - $41.25 (Discount Coupon) + $4.20 (Shipping Insurance) = $237.95 (rounded to 238 points). Is there any way to prevent counting Handling Fees and Shipping Insurance as points?

Thanks.

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english !!

I have a problem with tax :

Sub-Total: $250.00

Discount Coupons: -$50.00

Federal Express : $10.00

Total: $210.00

Tax (8.25%): $21.45

The tax is calculate on $250.00 + $10.00, but my tax must be calculate on total $210.00 and will be $17.33....

Someone have the same problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Capucine

I'd like to the rewards program to track fourm posts and award points to the end users I'm running phpbb2 and osc with only the sames cart login info for the cart and the phpbb forum. with the phpbb fourm running in the same db as the cart so I know it is possible because this site is running the sames points system and osc so i know it can be done.

http://www.nutricraze.com/con/nutricraze/o...rd_program.html

Jason mayr

[email protected]

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english !!

I have a problem with tax :

Sub-Total: $250.00

Discount Coupons: -$50.00

Federal Express : $10.00

Total: $210.00

Tax (8.25%): $21.45

The tax is calculate on $250.00 + $10.00, but my tax must be calculate on total $210.00 and will be $17.33....

Someone have the same problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Capucine

your sort order is your problem - re-arrange it in admin/modules/order total

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

I wonder if anyone can help.

When I install this module I keep getting the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class tablebox in /home/scottis/public_html/store/includes/classes/boxes.php on line 13

Has anyone else seen this? I haven't changed the file it refers to and when I reinstall my back ups the site works fine again.

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help.

When I install this module I keep getting the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class tablebox in /home/scottis/public_html/store/includes/classes/boxes.php on line 13

Has anyone else seen this? I haven't changed the file it refers to and when I reinstall my back ups the site works fine again.

Thanks

best thing is for you stay with the backed-up files installed and start from scratch all over again... hopefully it'll work this time without hassle.

CHOOCH

best thing is for you stay with the backed-up files installed and start from scratch all over again... hopefully it'll work this time without hassle.

Thanks for answering Cooch. I have tried it three times now with the same result unfortunately. The basic problem is that this is my first foray into OSC and I am not very proficient in PHP. I think it is great and does a lot that I need.

With regards the problem I am having. Would it be worth doing one file at a time to see which one is affecting me?

Is the error that I am getting due to a page that I have amended incorrectly or will it be a database problem? The page that seems affected wasn't amended. What do I look for?

I appreciate that you can't solve my problem but I would really appreciate if you could give me pointers where to look for the answers to it.

Thanks again for your time.

I appreciate that you can't solve my problem but I would really appreciate if you could give me pointers where to look for the answers to it.

I can't say, all I know is that is something you have over looked as this is not a common problem. Sorry.

CHOOCH

I am trying to find out what I need to change so that when P/R calculates the order estimate is counts tax on shipping as well.

Thank you.

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem as above.

in checkout_payment.php the estimated total of the purchase is less than the actual total purchase amount (is cart + shipping cost).

Can any-one please help on this? :'(

Many thanks

Best regards

Small Craft

Can any-one please help on this? :'(

there was a fix posted in the thread some time back. it had parallels with another contribution and a fix was posted (i'm sure)

CHOOCH

• 2 weeks later...

THIS IS MY PROBLEM:

I´M USING "OSCOMMERCE 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817" WITH "POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V2.0d", HAVING THE FOLLOWING ISSUES:

1) WHEN YOU SELECT A PAYMENT METHOD, YOU CAN´T CHOOSE HOW MANY POINT DO YOU WANT TO SPEND WITH YOUR PURCHASE. THE ONLY OPTION THAT YOU HAVE IS "use Maximum Points allowed for this order" AND.

2) IF YOU SELECT "use Maximum Points allowed for this order", IT USES YOUR MAXIMUN POINTS, EVEN OVER THE PURCHASE PRICE. FOR EXAMPLE, IF I HAVE $1.000.000 IN POINTS AND I SELECT "MAXIMUN ALLOWED" FOR A $20 PURCHASE, THE SISTEMS REDEME ALL MY POINTS.

I NEED:

A GUET THE CHOISE TO USE SOME POINTS, NOT ALL POINTS.

B IF I SELECT MORE POINTS THAT THE PURCHASE NEEDS, GUET SOME ERROR.

C IF I CHOOSE "USE MAXIMUN" TAKE THAT MAXIMUN FROM THE ORDER PRICE, NOT FROM MY PONITS.

D DO NOT LOOSE ALL MY POINTS IN A SMALL PURCHASE.

PD: ¿IS THERE ANY CHANCE TO LIMITED THE MAXIMUN POINT ALLOWED TO A % OF THE ORDER? FOR EXAMPLE, NOT ALLOWED MORTE THAN 50% OF THE ORDER OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

THANK YOU ALL.

YOU CAN SEE THE PROBLEM AT http://www.reikistore.com.ar/catalog

AT REGISTERING, YOU WILL GUET 1000000 OF POINTS TO DO THE TEST

PLEASE HELP ME. YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT [email protected]

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

Solution on B,C,D is on this thread, read the posts...

For A, its not working like this at the moment, you will have to develop it yourself

Please, would you tell me the links of that solutions? thera re for the 2.d contribution?

has anywone developed the A point?

Thank you very (very) much.

has anywone developed the A point?

The earlier versions of Points Reward did allow that to happen. Customers could choose to enter the amount of points to be redeemed and still have maximum points checkbox, also admin could still set a minimum and maximum number of points allowed to be redeemed.

Maybe you should text diff the checkout payment files on the older contributions with this latest one and see what happens.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

The earlier versions of Points Reward did allow that to happen. Customers could choose to enter the amount of points to be redeemed and still have maximum points checkbox, also admin could still set a minimum and maximum number of points allowed to be redeemed.

Maybe you should text diff the checkout payment files on the older contributions with this latest one and see what happens.

i already try that but doesn´t work... you can try the cart at www.reikistore.com.ar/catalog

thank you for your awnser