• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

Hello Deep silver.

You previosuly stated that you were going to work on the ability to be able to earn point via sponsorship/referal.

I.E. a new customer Y place an order and was refer by customer X, then customer X get a % of the points ..and this work like pyramidal system.

Any update on this, did you look into it or prefer to focus on the main goal of this contribution ?

If anyone has installed this POINTS module and the Gift Voucher module together, could they please message me or send me an email.

Cheers

Why?

The forum is open so everyone can read all replies and questions inorder to help themselves and each other...

post here what you want to ask

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

hello,

i would like to ask.

I want to install POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE + CCGV (trad) + RMA Returns system.

Can thees 3 contributions work without errors after instalation ? maybe someone tried to do it ? Or maybe can work only POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE with RMA Returns system.

I realy need your help. :>

Thank you very mutch for information.

ccgv is a bloated installation. save yourself the headache and install easy discount instead, it does the same exact thing with much less coding involved.

ccgv is a bloated installation. save yourself the headache and install easy discount instead, it does the same exact thing with much less coding involved.

thank you for replay and thank you for your help i will install that contribution. what do you think about points and rewards module with RMA returns ? They are ok together ?

Overriding the points value for SELECTED products

I want to over ride the points value for SOME SELECTED PRODUCTS. For the rest of the products I already have the points system working perfectly.

For example when adding/editing a new product in ADMIN, I need a box under the price box which says POINTS VALUE (for this product). If left empty, then the products point value is linked to its price. BUT if I give the product a points value of say 5points, it will always have 5 points no matter what its price.

WHY?

I have some products costing say $5 $10 $15 etc. Each yeilding 5,10 and 15 points respectively. That's fine.

BUT I also have free products - AND I WANT TO GIVE POINTS WITH THEM TOO. With FreeProduct-A I want to give 6points, with FreeProduct-B 9points, and so on. These points are ARBITRARY AND HAVE NO RELATION TO THE COST OF THE FREEPRODUCT. So I can give any SELECTED product any points i want, whilst at the same time allowing all other products to have points linked to their price.

the admin part seems straight forward:

1. I can Add an extra text entry box in the add/edit new product page in admin for PRODUCT_POINTS.

2. I can make this work so it records the entered points into the database. I can create a 'product_points' column in the 'products' table, so that each product has a points value.

PRODUCT INFO:

I can also add the call to the database to get the product _point value for each product (if it exists).

WHAT I NEED IS SOME GUIDANCE ON HOW TO:

1. For every selected FREE product, display the product_point on each product_info page.

2. Code the following during the checkout process:

IF the product has a value for product_point greater than 0, THEN use THIS VALUE in the points calculation, otherwise if the product has a value of 0 product_points, then use the normal 'price-linked' points value during the checkout process, AND OBVIOUSLY, TO UPDATE THE USERS POINTS ACCOUNT SYSTEM ACCORDINGLY

ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Edited by maz

I have installed the points and rewards module v1.60 and had some success. I am now having a problem at checkout. It will not show the points and the discount on the checkout confirm page. It also does not charge the correct amount to paypal.

http://www.tennisuniverse.net/store/catalog/

Please feel free to register and try it out. I have not been able to solve this issue. I have tried running through the code, but with little success.

Thanks in advance.

I have installed the points and rewards module v1.60 and had some success. I am now having a problem at checkout. It will not show the points and the discount on the checkout confirm page. It also does not charge the correct amount to paypal.

I'm having the same problem, but it is not working with credit cards or paypal

checkout_confirmation.php

nothing pertaining to points show up on this page. the point dollar amount is not being subtracted from the total

i have reinstalled everything for a 3 time with no luck.

i do have the Credit Class & Gift Voucher installed which is working.

account_history_info.php -

nothing pertaining to points show up on this page.

Thanks

joe

----------------------------

Long Island, New York

I'm having the same problem, but it is not working with credit cards or paypal

checkout_confirmation.php

nothing pertaining to points show up on this page. the point dollar amount is not being subtracted from the total

i have reinstalled everything for a 3 time with no luck.

First of all if you have re-installed it 3 times then don't install/re-install again, save your time.

Try to apply logic to where the problem could be.

If nothing with regards to points is showing up on the customer_account pages and no points are being subtracted from the total then try reading the advice I gave to someone a few posts back about order totals. Check your order totals as that can be the culprit.

Failing that, re-examine your checkout files with the manual updates that Deep-Silver provided. (yes I know, a fourth time!)

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

First of all if you have re-installed it 3 times then don't install/re-install again, save your time.

Try to apply logic to where the problem could be.

If nothing with regards to points is showing up on the customer_account pages and no points are being subtracted from the total then try reading the advice I gave to someone a few posts back about order totals. Check your order totals as that can be the culprit.

Failing that, re-examine your checkout files with the manual updates that Deep-Silver provided. (yes I know, a fourth time!)

Thanks

the order totals worked. I just moved te tax below the sipping and all is fine again

Joe

----------------------------

Long Island, New York

problem with paypal IPN.

I have installed the latest version of points and rewards, it works great! But after I installed PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5 from devosc, customers can not get shopping points if they choose paypal as a payment method. I know there is a modification file provided by deep-siliver to modify payapl_ipn.php, but it is for osCommmerce_PayPal_IPN_v1.2.

Thanks for your help.

As many others have, I'll add my praise for this contribution. I installed it back in January and it has performed perfectly until recently. The issue is that several customers have now earned enough points to pay for an entire order using their points alone.

However when a customer does apply their points to cover the entire invoice, it still tries to process the customers credit card. Which returns an error of invalid amount because the invoice total is zero. We also have the gift voucher contribution installed. And if a customer uses their gift voucher for the full amount, the system does not try to process the credit card.

I've poured over the code and I was able to locate the code where the gift voucher system checks if it will cover the full amount and therefore not try to process a credit card. However I cannot seem to find the code that would do the same for points and rewards. I've browsed this entire topic and was unable to find anyone else who also has this problem.

So I've come to conclusion that I must have somehow missed the code for points and rewards that performs this function. I've gone over the install instructions again and I am still unable to find it. Yes I am feeling hopeless LOL. Can someone please point me towards the code that performs this check so that I may correct the problem? Thanks in advance.

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Hello all,

I am about to install this great contribution. I am glad to see that it is compatible with the CCVG, because I have just succesfully finished installing it.

I sniffed around deep-silvers demo store

http://www.deep-silver.com/shop/

http://www.deep-silver.com/shop/admin/

and am having a little confusin. After creating an account and making some purchases in the catalog I am unable to redeem the points value during the checkout; even though the points balance reflects the correct ammount and reports that the points are Confirmed and shows their value both in the shopping cart infoBox and the account info. However during the check out I do not see any way to use the points towards the purchase.

Can sommone please clarify? :)

Best regards,

Arkady.

Edited by Voland

People dont change, people realize.

http://www.tennisuniverse.net/store/catalog/

Please feel free to register and try it out. I have not been able to solve this issue. I have tried running through the code, but with little success.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone

I dont have the Credit Class & Gift Voucher installed and have installed v1.60 but also seem to be having a problem during the checkout process. Nothing referring to points being redeemed comes up. I have checked my order totals awell as the max linit in the configuration and I am at my wits end. I have red 90% of the posts in order to try and find a solution and still not figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'd be most grateful if someone could point me in the right direction so that i can fix the problem.

Rose

Rose

The strong survive BUT the best succeed !!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax

Question ...

The very last upload by deep-silver on 26 Nov 2005 - the Auto installer wizard ... is it stable? Or am I better off doing it manually via PHPMyAdmin?

As many others have, I'll add my praise for this contribution. I installed it back in January and it has performed perfectly until recently. The issue is that several customers have now earned enough points to pay for an entire order using their points alone.

However when a customer does apply their points to cover the entire invoice, it still tries to process the customers credit card. Which returns an error of invalid amount because the invoice total is zero. We also have the gift voucher contribution installed. And if a customer uses their gift voucher for the full amount, the system does not try to process the credit card.

I've poured over the code and I was able to locate the code where the gift voucher system checks if it will cover the full amount and therefore not try to process a credit card. However I cannot seem to find the code that would do the same for points and rewards. I've browsed this entire topic and was unable to find anyone else who also has this problem.

So I've come to conclusion that I must have somehow missed the code for points and rewards that performs this function. I've gone over the install instructions again and I am still unable to find it. Yes I am feeling hopeless LOL. Can someone please point me towards the code that performs this check so that I may correct the problem? Thanks in advance.

Be well,

Tina

please recheck your coding in refer to catalog checkout_confirmation.php

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

problem with paypal IPN.

I have installed the latest version of points and rewards, it works great! But after I installed PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5 from devosc, customers can not get shopping points if they choose paypal as a payment method. I know there is a modification file provided by deep-siliver to modify payapl_ipn.php, but it is for osCommmerce_PayPal_IPN_v1.2.

Thanks for your help.

your PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5 need to modify before you can use it with this mod. as PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5 is an external payment module and its not part of osCommerce core files.

i know nothing about PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5, you will end up better getting support from someone who are using this payment module or at the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5 support forum.

I went out of my way and modified osCommmerce_PayPal_IPN_v1.2 because it has made by osCommerce team. there are so many payPal contibutions i can't support all of them, sorry. all i can tell you is that there is no problem with points and reward module

Hi Everyone

I dont have the Credit Class & Gift Voucher installed and have installed v1.60 but also seem to be having a problem during the checkout process. Nothing referring to points being redeemed comes up. I have checked my order totals awell as the max linit in the configuration and I am at my wits end. I have red 90% of the posts in order to try and find a solution and still not figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'd be most grateful if someone could point me in the right direction so that i can fix the problem.

Rose

Please check your coding in refer to catalog/checkout_payment.php there are 2 parts that need to be modified, make sure you did not miss the scound part.

Hello all,

I am about to install this great contribution. I am glad to see that it is compatible with the CCVG, because I have just succesfully finished installing it.

I sniffed around deep-silvers demo store

http://www.deep-silver.com/shop/

http://www.deep-silver.com/shop/admin/

and am having a little confusin. After creating an account and making some purchases in the catalog I am unable to redeem the points value during the checkout; even though the points balance reflects the correct ammount and reports that the points are Confirmed and shows their value both in the shopping cart infoBox and the account info. However during the check out I do not see any way to use the points towards the purchase.

Can sommone please clarify? :)

Best regards,

Arkady.

Your cart contained ristricted products while the products ristriction was set, i will reset the setting and you should try it again.

Question ...

The very last upload by deep-silver on 26 Nov 2005 - the Auto installer wizard ... is it stable? Or am I better off doing it manually via PHPMyAdmin?

if you are sure about go ahead and use phpMyAdmin.

Added an installer to help new users installing tables(instead of using PHPMyAdmin).

The installer.php will...

1.check for duplicated rows.

2.make sure to creat a uniqe configuration group ID.

3.Will auto install module options using your store default currency.(so don't have to worry about the YEN symbol).

4.will reconfirm each step to avoid error or overwriting database rows.

5.Installer also conatin an Uninstall wizard to insure saftly removal of this module(when needed).

6.Solve me the time i spent giving supprt on how to use PHPMyAdmin to creat tables.

To use it...

Place the installer.php (found in this package) inside your catalog folder.

(same place where your store index.php file is)

then call this file via your browser

i.e. = http://www.YOUR DOMAIN NAME / YOUR CATALOG DIR / installer.php

.. and just follow the Installation Process wizard and you done!

Don't forget to remove this file from your server when done.

Your cart contained ristricted products while the products ristriction was set, i will reset the setting and you should try it again.

Ah! thanks a lot ... Im a little pressed for time so I jsut missed it. A million thsnaks for your time.

if you are sure about go ahead and use phpMyAdmin.

Well, I am not too sure. :) I am a complete newbe. Are the instructions for phpMyAdmin good? I havnt looked at them yet. I mean considering that my goal is to learn and get hands on exposure would you say go for it? lol I have manually and sucessfully installed CCVG(trad) and Order Editor before that. :)

Arkady

I see Deep-Silver is back with a bang :D

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Please check your coding in refer to catalog/checkout_payment.php there are 2 parts that need to be modified, make sure you did not miss the scound part.

Thank You for the Speedy reply to my query :) I checked the coding again and though I did not find any errors, just uploaded the file again and its working now. I did however also have a look at your demo site and I changed some of the settings in the configuration. I think that too may have helped.

Thank You for all the hard work that you have put into this contribution and your tireless efforts at answering all the post with regards to the Points/Reward Mod.

You are a star. :thumbsup:

Regards

Rose

Rose

The strong survive BUT the best succeed !!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax

please recheck your coding in refer to catalog checkout_confirmation.php

Thank you for your response, however I probably should have been a little more specific. The problem is occurring in checkout_payment.php before the customer ever gets to checkout_confirmation.php. If the individual does not enter credit card information, he or she receives an error and cannot leave the page, even though they have enough points to cover the order.

I believe the issue could have something to do with the fact we are using a single payment option. So if my understanding of the following code is correct, that single payment option is selected by default:

<?php
if (sizeof($selection) > 1) {
  echo tep_draw_radio_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id']);
} else {
  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id']);
}
?>

I did try an experiment by changing that code to if(sizeof($selection) > 0), which then forced a selection of the credit card if the customer chose to use one. That solved the problem of receiving errors of not entering credit card information. However it created an even worse problem in that ANY point value entered whether it covered the order total or not resulted in a successful purchase. :o

I have to believe that surely if no one else is experiencing this issue that I have something configured incorrectly. However at this point I am at a complete loss as to what that might be. I have double and triple checked the code per the instructions and even used a text compare utility and all appears correct there.

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.