• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

This module is fantastic. There was only one small issue, the points can be redeemed for the shipping costs also. We use paypal as our payment module and if there is nothing to pay except something towards the shipping then paypal wont work.

I got round this by changing line 369 on checkout_payment.php

from

$max_points = ($order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE > POINTS_MAX_VALUE ? POINTS_MAX_VALUE : $order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE-1);

to

$max_points = ($order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE > POINTS_MAX_VALUE ? POINTS_MAX_VALUE : $order->info['subtotal']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE-1);

just one small change, $order->info['total'] to $order->info['subtotal']

i hope this is helpful to someone

thankyou for this module

If any of MS1 users need more help with things already been resolved in my postings - don't hesitate asking for more details. It will be pleasure for me.

That offer is still valid.

I have successfully installed this great mod (v1.6) with rather old configuration:

MS1 CRE Loaded 5

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons (Version 5.03)

+ some other minor contributions

Everything works great for more than a mounth now

so I've decided to kep'em for good :)

And when PayPal will finally discover my country I will certainly make a donation to an author!

And now for my question:

It would be really useful to have some statistics regarding points flow on a customer basis (customers points history on admin side), then also of current sums of: all active (valid) points, all already spending points, all redeemed points, ...

I believe some kind of basic stats of what is going on with points could be of a great help to any admin.

Just a thought...

Dusan

Hi there all my mod users....

I just came back from a 45 days trip to Africa with my little girl.

sorry for not replaying post for a while but there is not much of internet in africa anyway...

my mail box full of PM it will take me a while to replay all.

few requsted to have me install this mod on there server, I dont have the time to do it know and hope that some one could give a hand with this.

Also no scriping request now , i just came back and my hands are full.

special thanks to CHOOCH & EWW for help with the support while i was away

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by deep-silver

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

Hi there all my mod users....

I just came back from a 45 days trip to Africa with my little girl.

sorry for not replaying post for a while but there is not much of internet in africa anyway...

my mail box full of PM it will take me a while to replay all.

few requsted to have me install this mod on there server, I dont have the time to do it know and hope that some one could give a hand with this.

Also no scriping request now , i just came back and my hands are full.

special thanks to CHOOCH & EWW for help with the support while i was away

Nice to see you back Deep-Silver....

The thread was almost dead without your support!

I don't see the logic of you (or anyone else) installing the contribution on other peoples servers for them... that would not achieve anything for the store owners, they really should have that much knowledge if they want to use osC. Rather than install for them, maybe it's better to advise them to use filzilla for text diff files?

Once you have had a chance to re-coup I will put forward a quick query, maybe if you like the sound of it you can add it to the next release.

Hope you had and your daughter had a good holiday :-)

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

hi all!

I'm using v1.60 and i have noticed some orders are having the points ADDED to the order total not deducted!

This appears to be the initial sign up points for new customers...?

for example

V.A.T: ?9.37

Sub-Total: ?53.56

Points Redeemed(50 x ?0.10): ?5.00

Next Day Delivery (Recorded Delivery): ?8.00

Total: ?75.93

I looked over the code yesterday and it appears to be in order - but I wouldn't bet on it - 15 hours a day in front of this tends to make your eyes sore!

The customer is being charged the regular price on credit card - as though no points added or deducted...

I have added some shipping modules recently and made changes in this area - is this a possible cause?

I would appreciate some clues as to where to start looking!

Thanks for the great mod by the way - I apologise for breaking it ;o)

V.A.T: ?9.37

Sub-Total: ?53.56

Next Day Delivery (Recorded Delivery): ?8.00

Total: ?75.93

very strange order total... you need to look at that set up and re-arrange it.

put the VAT under the sub-total and the postage above the VAT - then the points and then the total... then see what happens

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

very strange order total... you need to look at that set up and re-arrange it.

put the VAT under the sub-total and the postage above the VAT - then the points and then the total... then see what happens

will try that as this fault does seem to coincide with changes to shipping....will advise thanks!

will try that as this fault does seem to coincide with changes to shipping....will advise thanks!

changing order to:

Sub-Total 1

Tax 2

Shipping 3

Points Redeemptions 4

Total 5

appears to have resolved it (i.e. No foul ups so far!!!!)

Thanks for your help - it's appreciated! I have emailed you a cold pint of lager ;o)

If thinks change I will advise!

Thanks!

no probs :-)

CHOOCH

Can anyone help me with this?

I had version 1.0 installed and working fine. When I tried to install Fast Easy Checkout, I realised that there were updates to Rewards/Points and that I would need to do this first.

I've just tried upgrading through the previous versions up to date. Now I find that the checkout process isn't working and I can't find out why.

When I click on continue on the checkout_payment screen I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home2/dreamcra/public_html/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php on line 453

I've checked my checkout_confirmation page against the latest one in 1.60 using BeyondCompare and it matches (apart from alerations for CCGV and QTPro).

What's the problem, anyone?

Tamsyn

no probs :-)

UPDATE TO MYSTERY OF POINTS ADDING TO TOTAL!!!

The changes made previously seemed to improve the situation, but further monitoring revealed that there is still a problem.

The order total was set as previously suggested:

Sub-Total 1

Tax 2

Shipping 3

Points Redeemptions 4

Total 5

Now I find that one purchase will look like this example:

Total (ex)

?27.63

Total (inc)

?32.47

Sub-Total:

37,31 GBP

V.A.T:

4,84 GBP

Standard Delivery (Free 1st Class Parcel Post - UK Mainland): ?0.00

Total: 42,31 GBP

NOW THIS IS FREAKY!

Because it is obviously adding the VAT twice! then adding the points redeemed value!

Another example of same (diff customer ordered earlier when shipping was ?2.95)

Total (ex)

?11.06

Total (inc)

?12.99

V.A.T:

1,93 GBP

Sub-Total:

14,92 GBP

Standard Delivery (1st Class Parcel Post (Free over ?30)): ?2.95

Total: 22,87 GBP

The same formula applies as previous!

Removing the sign up points seems (thus far) to cure it:

Total (inc)

?20.99

Sub-Total: ?17.86

V.A.T: ?3.13

Total: ?20.99

!!!

HOLD ON!

This just in last order taken 5 mins ago seems subtly different:

Sub-Total: ?21.93

V.A.T: ?3.27

Total: ?21.93

Now I know, despite how it may appear, that the Sub Total should display the INC VAT Price as this last order.

However, the order prior to that, made AFTER points on sign up removed, shows the Sub Total as EXCL VAT!!!

The plot thickens!

And at the moment I can see see lots of trees but no wood!!!

Thanks again for even reading this!!!

BARRY

When I click on continue on the checkout_payment screen I get this error:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home2/dreamcra/public_html/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php on line 453

have you tried using your backed up checkout confirmation (with the 1.6 update) to make a transaction, just to see what happens?

CHOOCH

UPDATE TO MYSTERY OF POINTS ADDING TO TOTAL!!!

I haven't got a clue what you're going on about because in your order total example some of your shipping is free and some isn't...

your order total is simply like this:

sub-total

shipping

tax

total

if you do not want to charge VAT on the shipping then raise the tax above the shipping.

CHOOCH

I haven't got a clue what you're going on about because in your order total example some of your shipping is free and some isn't...

your order total is simply like this:

sub-total

shipping

tax

total

if you do not want to charge VAT on the shipping then raise the tax above the shipping.

The orders where initially charged at a flat rate - now changed to FOC across the board!

Sorry, I can see how this is confusing, unless its in front of you (even then its no fun!!)

The problem has been cornered!!!!!!!

The initial order is coming in perfectly! The shop owner was using order editor on some orders and this shows the Pending Points as a positive value, so if you edit Payment Method or Address for example and click update - the total price is recalcuated with the points as a positive value!!!!!!

So this problem is not a points/rewards mod problem at all!!!!!!

Thanks Chooch for sparing your time and sharing your knowledge!

I hope that the updates to this problem help others!

Thanks all B)

Thanks Chooch for sparing your time and sharing your knowledge!

I hope that the updates to this problem help others!

Thanks all B)

glad to see you have your problem sorted :-)

CHOOCH

POINTS AND REWARDS 1.60 PROBLEM WHEN USING ORDER EDITOR

I have noticed that using Order Editor on any order with points awarded to it increases the invoice/oder value by two times the value of the points that should be deducted.

This appears to be because the points value is displayed as a positive value (i.e 5.00) instead of it's true negative value (i.e -5.00)

I am not alone with this problem and it is suggested it is to do with the fact that the database does not store the points as a negative value????

Any fixes or words of wisdom anyone (please, not the one about yellow snow either!)

Thanks All

HUGE THANKS to Deep Silver!

Baz

This module is fantastic. There was only one small issue, the points can be redeemed for the shipping costs also. We use paypal as our payment module and if there is nothing to pay except something towards the shipping then paypal wont work.

I got round this by changing line 369 on checkout_payment.php

from

$max_points = ($order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE > POINTS_MAX_VALUE ? POINTS_MAX_VALUE : $order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE-1);

to

$max_points = ($order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE > POINTS_MAX_VALUE ? POINTS_MAX_VALUE : $order->info['subtotal']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE-1);

just one small change, $order->info['total'] to $order->info['subtotal']

i hope this is helpful to someone

thankyou for this module

Thanks for this - does what it says and limits points redemptions to products only

:thumbsup:

However, I still can't get the shipping costs (when that's all there is to pay) to pass to PayPal.

I am using the standard PayPal module. Any info greatly appreciated. Thank you

Any fixes or words of wisdom anyone (please, not the one about yellow snow either!)

As per a previous query I raised a few pages back Deep-Silver said that the idea was on on the agenda for security purposes.

CHOOCH

sorry, Deep-Silver said it was NOT on the agenda because of security reasons

CHOOCH

Hello,

Is there is any way to set Restriction of Points Redemption For Minimum Purchase Amount for each customer separately.

I give Welcome Points to new customers equalling 5 USD, and set up Minimum Purchase Amount 20 USD

After customers use their welcome points and score award points, I want them to use it without any minimum limit

Is there a setting to change? Any help will be appreciated!!!

i wanna have this feature, Multi-level membership with different rewards points levels,let say,if someone spent $1000 , he is in the silver level membership,will get 1 point for $1 he spends,if someone spent $2000, he is in the gold level, will get 2 points for $1 he spends.

Can this contribution do this? If not,how can I change it?

Thank you for your help.

Thanks All

HUGE THANKS to Deep Silver!

Baz

Getting this mod to work with order editor contr' would be a whole and alot of work.

I can only have a look on it when ever time permit

Hello,

Is there is any way to set Restriction of Points Redemption For Minimum Purchase Amount for each customer separately.

I give Welcome Points to new customers equalling 5 USD, and set up Minimum Purchase Amount 20 USD

After customers use their welcome points and score award points, I want them to use it without any minimum limit

Is there a setting to change? Any help will be appreciated!!!

at the moment you can't do it. so there is no setting only to linit or not

Wow. This is a fantastic contribution. I am fairly new to this & your instructions are EXCELLANT. All went well. I read all the instructions & then did it without a hitch, & it works great. No errors!!

Thank you. I would highly recommend this.

Julie

Getting this mod to work with order editor contr' would be a whole and alot of work.

I can only have a look on it when ever time permit

Thanks DS - I hope that you suddenly find financial fortune - so that you can get to spend even MORE time with this great mod ;)

Thanks for all of your contributions to the OSC community.