• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

Hi! I tried very hard to get this work on my shop.However, you have login to backend for the auto-reward to work!

Enjoy it! :D

Glad to see you got it working the way you wanted!!

Any tips on my request about auto-expiry?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Correct error above, Step 2 should be like this :

//--BOF--Point auto reward after n days
function points_auto_on_after_days(){
$today = date('Y-m-d h:m:s');
$total_points_awarded = 0;
if (USE_POINTS_SYSTEM && POINTS_AUTO_ON){
//Get customers pending points from table
$sql = "SELECT unique_id, orders_id, points_pending, date_added, status from ".TABLE_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING." where customer_id = ".$customer_id." AND status = 1";
$customer_pending_points_query = tep_db_query($sql);
while($cpp = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_pending_points_query)){
//Check if the date is more than preset day, if yes, update status from 1 to 2
if( (( strtotime($today) - strtotime($cpp['date_added'])) / (60 * 60 * 24)) >= POINTS_AUTO_ON_AFTER_DAYS) {
tep_db_query('update '. TABLE_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING . ' set status = 2 where unique_id = '. (int)$cpp['unique_id']);
tep_db_query('update '. TABLE_CUSTOMERS . ' set customers_shopping_points = customers_shopping_points + '. (int)$cpp['points_pending'] . ' where customers_id = '. $cpp['customer_id']);
$total_points_awarded += (int)$cpp['points_pending'];
}
}
return $total_points_awarded;
}else{
return 0;
}
}
//--BOF--Point auto reward after n days

Is anyone using Points and Affiliate?

Does anyone know how to deduct the Points balance from the affiliate sales? At the moment the afiliate is being credited with total sales, it should be total sales MINUS points

thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Just wanted to say Deep-Silver, ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU!!!

Installed the contribution, is working perfectly (for now, anyway!), was particularily please with the way you included advice in the instructions for people working with CCGV.

~Barbara~ :D

Hi,

i read thorugh the tread but did not find the right answer:

How and is it possibla that people can use their bonus points only to buy products from a special category or a list of products

e.g. 100 points you can buy a mug

200 points you can buy a T-Shirt etc.

Thnaks and best regards

niels

I'm using this contribution in my 'regular' shop and I'm very happy with it :)

Now I need to build an "awards" or "presents" site. This means I give people a certain amount of points and they can choose a present on the site ("spend" the points). The presents are valuated in points (no money involved).

So what I need is that people can "pay" with their points only. Any idea on how I can do this?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Hi,

i read thorugh the tread but did not find the right answer:

How and is it possibla that people can use their bonus points only to buy products from a special category or a list of products

e.g. 100 points you can buy a mug

200 points you can buy a T-Shirt etc.

Thnaks and best regards

niels

I believe under admin|modules|order total|Points/RewardsV1.60

there's these options:

* Or set Product ID Allowed.

* Or set Category ID Allowed.

So I think you can set it only for specific products or categories.

Edited by nekotachi

anyone know if you can filter specific products (but id) while still allowing every other product in the shop to be purchased with points?

there's only about 5 products i don't want people to use with points, but they're all in different categories.

anyone know if you can filter specific products (but id) while still allowing every other product in the shop to be purchased with points?

there's only about 5 products i don't want people to use with points, but they're all in different categories.

hmm, a quick fix for something similar that I needd to do was to set Point and Rewards to not allow items in special (discounted) to be able to use points on - I then marked the items up slightly and then discounted them back down to the normal sale price. making them unable touse their points with those items.

It all depends if other items in your store are discounted already, beingthat if you currently allow points to be used for discounted items, those items will not be allowed either.

it all depends on your current set up but it worked for me.

Noce thing is that by turn this one it automatically excluded wholesale pricesm, since they are not at the normal retail price - therefore wholesalers can't use the points.

My Contributions

Henry Smith

Does anyone have Points & Rewards and Easy Discount set up?

How do I set it up so that Points and Rewards reflects my Easy Discount discount?

testorderquestion3sd.gif

It shows the correct total on the final order confirmation page, but on the Payment information (screenshot) page, the 'estimated total of my purchase' does not reflect the Easy Discount discount.

hmm, a quick fix for something similar that I needd to do was to set Point and Rewards to not allow items in special (discounted) to be able to use points on - I then marked the items up slightly and then discounted them back down to the normal sale price. making them unable touse their points with those items.

It all depends if other items in your store are discounted already, beingthat if you currently allow points to be used for discounted items, those items will not be allowed either.

it all depends on your current set up but it worked for me.

Noce thing is that by turn this one it automatically excluded wholesale pricesm, since they are not at the normal retail price - therefore wholesalers can't use the points.

can you explain exactly how you "discounted them", is it through the specials module or something? at present i don't have anything discounted.

Does anyone have Points & Rewards and Easy Discount set up?

yes, i do

How do I set it up so that Points and Rewards reflects my Easy Discount discount?

that's why it's estimated ;)

to avoid confusing my customers, i just got rid of the "your estimated..." line and only told them how much points/credit they have

I'm using this contribution in my 'regular' shop and I'm very happy with it :)

Now I need to build an "awards" or "presents" site. This means I give people a certain amount of points and they can choose a present on the site ("spend" the points). The presents are valuated in points (no money involved).

So what I need is that people can "pay" with their points only. Any idea on how I can do this?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

OK, I'll reply to myself, maybe it'll help someone:

- rename your default currency as "points"

- disable all payment methods

- disable all shipping methods

- disable points system

- enable redemption system

- set point value at 1

- edit checkout and text files so that they talk about points, not money

voil? ! (still have to test it !)

Hi

I have created a gift category where customers can exchange points for gifts.

Just need to put some statements up showing the points values.

1. How can I show the points value of a product if someone wants to redeem all their products against it.

i.e. On the product info page I want to say

Product equivalent price ?12

Or get it for 1200 points (assuming 1 point is ?0.01).(at the moment i can only get it to show 12points)

2. How can I show the '1200' points value in the product_listing.php page

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Deep-silver: I know you have heard it many times before but again thank you for a really useful contribution.

You know what would be really nice? A page accessible from administration with one single customers name and record of his available points that you could print out and then send along with the order. I think that would really increase the value of the contribution. I am now doing that in MSWord and it's time consuming but it's worth it. What do you think?

Deep-silver: I know you have heard it many times before but again thank you for a really useful contribution.

You know what would be really nice? A page accessible from administration with one single customers name and record of his available points that you could print out and then send along with the order. I think that would really increase the value of the contribution. I am now doing that in MSWord and it's time consuming but it's worth it. What do you think?

this is available via the admin/orders.php edit. has it not been released in recent versions?

if this isn't what you want, i'm sure you could duplicate orders.php and hack it up to what you need it to be, as the name, address, order info, etc is already there

Hey its a good mod but i cant find a solution to this prob i have.

Its pretty simple so sorry if it sounds lame.

When people check product out they cant use there points ie there is nothing there to allow them to.

How do i fix this?

I didnt have any freakin links in my sig!!! Pm me for help any other things ;-) There!

Has anyone found out that the points do not take in account the tax that is generated for the shipping?

On the page where "your estimated cost is" appears, this cost is taking everything into account except the tax for shipping, when you tick on Use maximum points, and hit continue, you still need to pay for some small quantity which equals the tax for the shipping.

is there a feature to expire points issued 6 months or so ago? i did a search inside this topic and somehow got results from other (unrelated) topics as results..

is there a feature to expire points issued 6 months or so ago? i did a search inside this topic and somehow got results from other (unrelated) topics as results..

no apparantly not... I asked the same question a few weeks back and there was not a ounce of interest :-(

CHOOCH

Has anyone found out that the points do not take in account the tax that is generated for the shipping?

On the page where "your estimated cost is" appears, this cost is taking everything into account except the tax for shipping, when you tick on Use maximum points, and hit continue, you still need to pay for some small quantity which equals the tax for the shipping.

I may be wrong but Points are to be redeemed against items/products.... therefore it is correct that they aren't redeemed against taxes and shipping costs.....

......Points redemptions are really to use against 'items' added to cart at checkout - not the 'total amount including taxes/shipping'

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

I may be wrong but Points are to be redeemed against items/products.... therefore it is correct that they aren't redeemed against taxes and shipping costs.....

......Points redemptions are really to use against 'items' added to cart at checkout - not the 'total amount including taxes/shipping'

I agree - but i am having an error -

The system uses the points to pay for the products & shipping costs ---> I dont want this , I want the customer to have to pay for shipping if he is making his entire purchase with his rewarded points.

Help!

I agree - but i am having an error -

The system uses the points to pay for the products & shipping costs ---> I dont want this , I want the customer to have to pay for shipping if he is making his entire purchase with his rewarded points.

Help!

list all the contributions you have added... ALL of them

CHOOCH