• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

Ok. I did a test order and this is what I found.

The link in the original order to the customer to get a detailed invoice works perfect.

However when I update from pending to processing the link in the email to the customer for the detailed invoice just comes up like this: /catalog/account_history_info.php?order_id=12

This link does not work. Major difference between the two is that the first one shows the http://www.blahblahblah.com/catalog/accoun...php?order_id=12 and the second doesn't have www. anything.

This is how my points emails come up too. How can I fix this?

Thanks for the help,

Amanda

Just wanted to say I got this working. The problem was in the includes/configure.php

Thank you for the help.

Amanda

hi,

The module seems to work fine for me, exept when i have only downloadable goods in my cart. Then i get a "page cannot be displayed" when i want to checkout (checkout_shipping.php). I think this has to do with the fact that when the weight is 0, it should skipp the shipping page and continue to payment page.

But when i have both downloadable and shippable products in my cart, or only shippable products it works fine.

Any clues?

thanks!

Matt

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--

To start up, this contribution is amazing. I am currently running tests on it and will be ready to expose my shop to the public in 2 weeks.

I have a question concerning people redeeming their points durring the order process. The user is not able to use his points ( Maximum Point Allow for this purchase (0.00points)

Does anyone have a clue on this? I've been reading up here and there and I cannot find anything.

Thanks

To start up, this contribution is amazing. I am currently running tests on it and will be ready to expose my shop to the public in 2 weeks.

I have a question concerning people redeeming their points durring the order process. The user is not able to use his points ( Maximum Point Allow for this purchase (0.00points)

Does anyone have a clue on this? I've been reading up here and there and I cannot find anything.

Thanks

To answer my own question, the setting was to add a maximum amount of points a person can redeem when checking out:

"Set the Maximum No. of points customer can redeem per order. to avoid points maximum limit, set to high No."

Just in case someone has this same question in the future.

Hi Deep Silver

Are you familiar with the manual order contribution?

I cant get the Points Reward to work in that contribution... can you please advise?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi Deep Silver

Are you familiar with the manual order contribution?

I cant get the Points Reward to work in that contribution... can you please advise?

What do you want to do with this mod.

manual order contribution is a way to add an order record manually, so if you want to add points for order added manually you sould also add points for it manually.

when points added to cusomers via catalog side, the scripts dubble check that its a real customer on a real time order process. this is to avoid hack attempts during the checkout procedure. one of the stronger checkup is that the season id is the correct one for this user on the checkout process.

so now when the security is thight agains internet fruad. we now facing problems when you want to do a simple step as manual order contribution.

im not sure how the manual order contribution work but i think that the only way to do it is to add the order on the customer beahave via the normal checkout process using the customer login info.

My goal on next version is to stronger the sceurity for points reward. and not the other way around.

sorry.

Edited by deep-silver

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

Hi

Please I need some urgent help on this. I am trying to hide the Points Redemption box on the checkout_payment.php page from unauthorised visitors, which i can trun on and off via admin. (I have completed the admin part). I am stuck on the shopping cart on the checkout_payments.php page.

1. Firstly, is this the correct query to call a value from the 'hide_points' column which I created in the CUSTOMERS table in the database??

$hidepoints_query = tep_db_query("select hide_points from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' ");
$hide_points = tep_db_fetch_array($hidepoints_query);
$hide_points['hide_points'] = 'hide_points';

2. Secondly, once I call a value (which will be either 'TRUE' or 'FALSE'), where do I add this to the Points Rewards code which is already on the page, so that ONLY visitors with a TRUE value can see the points box. I think it needs to be added around here somewhere along with the other 'if' statements on checkout_payments.php...

if ((USE_REDEEM_SYSTEM == 'true') && ($customer_shopping_points = tep_get_shopping_points()) && $customer_shopping_points > 0){

if ((get_redemption_rules($order) == true) && (get_points_rules_discounted($order) == true)){

if ($customer_shopping_points >= POINTS_LIMIT_VALUE){

if ((POINTS_MIN_AMOUNT == '') || ($cart->show_total() >= POINTS_MIN_AMOUNT) ){

?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%.......................................

I urgently need to get theis working. Any help would be appreciated. Even if you let me know if my query in 1. is correct, i could probably struggle through the second part with trial and error.

Thanks again.

hi,

The module seems to work fine for me, exept when i have only downloadable goods in my cart. Then i get a "page cannot be displayed" when i want to checkout (checkout_shipping.php). I think this has to do with the fact that when the weight is 0, it should skipp the shipping page and continue to payment page.

But when i have both downloadable and shippable products in my cart, or only shippable products it works fine.

Any clues?

thanks!

Matt

anyone please?

Matthias Thoen

i discovered a second problem: when i have a a gift voucher balance, this is not mentioned anymore in my shopping cart box. There used to be a link there but since i installed points and rewards its gone.

Any help on this and the other issue please?

Matthias Thoen

What do you want to do with this mod.

manual order contribution is a way to add an order record manually, so if you want to add points for order added manually you sould also add points for it manually.

im not sure how the manual order contribution work but i think that the only way to do it is to add the order on the customer beahave via the normal checkout process using the customer login info.

exactly... the admin can log in and place an order for the customer BUT there is no 'checkbox to redeem points' in the admin/checkout.php

just how this creates a problem for points hack is beyond me?

if you have looked in to this and decided that its not worth adding to the next release then I have to accept your judgement.

I do believe that the step by step manual order entry is something that many shop users will use when they finally work out what it does.... once they do, they will then have to work out how to add the CCGV, POINTS and QTpro, ACTUAL ATTRIBUTES, etc etc... i was trying to work out a solution beforehand.

If i have any luck i will post a message to update.

Other than that, well done on launching your website and thanks once again for your fantastic contribution and on-going support.

Thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Anyone else noticed that when your shipping-weight is 0 that you cant checkout? This is a problem if a customer purchases only non-shippable goods. Is there a solution for this?

Matthias Thoen

Anyone else noticed that when your shipping-weight is 0 that you cant checkout? This is a problem if a customer purchases only non-shippable goods. Is there a solution for this?

What do you mean?

I've tested it and have no problem checkingout with or without weight and with or without vitural products and so on and on and ......

Your problem is somewhere alse not in here. unless the problem start when you installed points reward module and its not your coding miss. let us know

Dear Points Reward Happy users(also those who don't)

I'll be going away for a while on a trip with my little girl. she want to see real lions so we going on a trip to Africa.

i don't think that i will be able to find a quick internet connection over there to be able to access this site and give support.(i will try but, can't promiss)

so see you guys next in a month from now.

Dear Points Reward Happy users(also those who don't)

I'll be going away for a while on a trip with my little girl. she want to see real lions so we going on a trip to Africa.

i don't think that i will be able to find a quick internet connection over there to be able to access this site and give support.(i will try but, can't promiss)

so see you guys next in a month from now.

Have a great trip.

Thanks for a great contribution. Oh and i managed to solve my issues too. Quite independently from your 'global' hide feature in admin, I can now also hide the complete points rewards system including boxes, etc., from selected customers via admin through each customers details page.

Thanks again and have a great trip.

Hey All,

Firsty nice contribution, works very nicely.

Except for one thing. When you change the currency it doesnt change the points value.

Even on the www.deep-silver.com/shop site it doesnt work.

The value of a product is 9,817YEN .. and the points credit says 90 points

So, i swap the currency to US Dollars and i get 90 points.

Does anyone have a fix to make this work properly?

Hey All,

Firsty nice contribution, works very nicely.

Except for one thing. When you change the currency it doesnt change the points value.

Even on the www.deep-silver.com/shop site it doesnt work.

The value of a product is 9,817YEN .. and the points credit says 90 points

So, i swap the currency to US Dollars and i get 90 points.

Does anyone have a fix to make this work properly?

Hi

I have not installed this contrib yet (still under consideration), so please indulge me.

If you get so many points for purchases made (my understanding), why would the points value change if you change currencies?

:lol: far from that, i just trial & error until i get it right

deep-silver was having me test a functionality of this contribution that hadn't existed yet and considering i kept bugging for it, i got to be the lucky one to give it a test drive :)

i'm sure when he has time he will update the contribution as a whole. i'm not sure if there are any other features planned that we don't know about, so there's no sense in upgrading the edits that were offered me to test.

if you want functionality similar to ccgv WHILE using points & rewards, use easy discount instead: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,easy+discount

works seamlessly with ponts & rewards and it only takes a minute or so for full installation :)

OK. Thanks for the tip.

Hi, I have currently installed your points system 1.60.

I have a wierd bug. (Which might be because of something I missed but I can't seem to figure it out).

I tried it on my personal system and it works fine.

I installed it on a system which has MySQL 5.0.18-standard-log

And PHP 4.4.2 (Zend : 1.3.0)

On Linux 2.4.29-grsec+w+fhs6b+gr0501+nfs+a32+++p4+sata+c4+gr2b-v6.189

My problem is when I go in admin section and click on the points pending menu link or the points.

It gives me a page with access denied.

I have no idea why.

If anyone can help i would be greatful. Thanks.

I dont know why the latest CCGV is having problems co-exisitng with Points Reward...

I have no problems because I am using an older CCGV (system 5.14).... and these issues like thinghs not showing up in teh right places (ie: cart) are not Points Reward created issues, they are specific CCGV issues.

Anyone having problems using Points and CCGV should 'downgrade' to CCGV 5.14 with updates relevant to it and go to 5.14 and beyond

CHOOCH

Hi, I have currently installed your points system 1.60.

I have a wierd bug. (Which might be because of something I missed but I can't seem to figure it out).

I tried it on my personal system and it works fine.

I installed it on a system which has MySQL 5.0.18-standard-log

And PHP 4.4.2 (Zend : 1.3.0)

On Linux 2.4.29-grsec+w+fhs6b+gr0501+nfs+a32+++p4+sata+c4+gr2b-v6.189

My problem is when I go in admin section and click on the points pending menu link or the points.

It gives me a page with access denied.

I have no idea why.

If anyone can help i would be greatful. Thanks.

Guys I have found my problem, it is because my release of Oscommerce is slightly modified and I had to modify the /admin/includes/boxes/customers.php lines to match the ones already in there and also in admin panel in admin/files section i had to click on customers and add the boxes.

Thanks anyway :D

The Auto giving reward points function works well.

However, Is there a way to set a day period, say 7 days, in the backend

then the reward points will actually added to customers account?

The reason for doing this is that customers are not getting those points

until the purchasing grace period expired.

(Say, customers are allowing to return the goods within 7 days)

We don't want to a customer buy a lot of items and get points right away and then

return purchased goods later.

Then, the customer's reward points are still in his account!

Is this a good function to add to this contribution? ;)

Stonez

Hi,

I have small problem with my modified includes/classes/order.php

You can find my order.php in a txt format.

The problem is this:

When I add one product in to shopping cart, check out and use 100points ( 5 euro ) --> everything goes well

When I add two products --> and use 100points (5euro) --> the points are discounted two times

when I add three product --> and use 100points (5euro) --> the points are discounted three times

And so......

I hope someone can help me with this problem :(

The Auto giving reward points function works well.

However, Is there a way to set a day period, say 7 days, in the backend

then the reward points will actually added to customers account?

The reason for doing this is that customers are not getting those points

until the purchasing grace period expired.

(Say, customers are allowing to return the goods within 7 days)

We don't want to a customer buy a lot of items and get points right away and then

return purchased goods later.

Then, the customer's reward points are still in his account!

Is this a good function to add to this contribution? ;)

Stonez

yes good idea... if admin can select 7, 14 or how many days and enter it, it should be great!

also, auto expiry of points would be good too... for example points are cancelled/deleted if not used with 12 months of them being awarded (or what time the admin sets)

eg: admin awards 100 points on 01/01/2006 and then 200 points on 20/02/2006. The customer has 300 points in total and doesnt purchase anymore items so they are not awarded anymore points.

Because all points have a 12 month validity, on 01/01/2007 the customer has 100 points deleted, but has a total of 200 points remaining (which will be deleted too if not used by 20/02/2007)

this would work super duper well IF it sent out an auto generated email to the customer every month for the last three months or so from the expiry OR at least giving a 30 day warning, followed by a 14 day and then 7 day and then 1 day warning email to the customer... and sends out a flag to the admin section informing the store owner of all points deleted alongside dates of points awarded/deleted/used

what do you think?

I still think this has to be in the top 7 all time contributions on osCommerce.

I hope Deep-Silver likes the suggestion

CHOOCH

yes good idea... if admin can select 7, 14 or how many days and enter it, it should be great!

Hi! I tried very hard to get this work on my shop.

**BACKUP FIRST***

1. Add SQL statement to you DB

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` ) VALUES (
'', 'Hold reward points for n days?', 'POINTS_AUTO_ON_AFTER_DAYS', '7', 'Auto reward points to customer must set to true for this to work!', '77', '5', NULL , '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL , NULL 
);

2. add following in admin\index.php, so as Admin login, the reward points function will be called.

You can put this in the index.php page, as it would not be called frequently called and save some query time.

Just put the code below where you want it to show.

<!-- //--BOF--Point auto reward after n days -->
<tr bgcolor="#E8E3E3">		  
<td colspan="2" class="text" height="30" align="center">
<?php 
$points_auto_on_after_days = points_auto_on_after_days();
echo "Awarded points: <font color='red'>".number_format($points_auto_on_after_days,0).'</font>points';
?>
</td> 
</tr>
<!-- //--EOF--Point auto reward after n days -->

3. Add this function in the end of admin\includes\functions\general.php

//--BOF--Point auto reward after n days
function points_auto_on_after_days($customer_id){
$today = date('Y-m-d h:m:s');
$total_points_awarded = 0;
  if (USE_POINTS_SYSTEM && POINTS_AUTO_ON){
	//Get customers pending points from table
	$sql = "SELECT unique_id, orders_id, points_pending, date_added, status  from ".TABLE_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING." where customer_id = ".$customer_id." AND status = 1";
	$customer_pending_points_query = tep_db_query($sql);
	while($cpp = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_pending_points_query)){
	//Check if the date is more than preset day, if yes, update status from 1 to 2
		if(  (( strtotime($today) - strtotime($cpp['date_added'])) / (60 * 60 * 24))  >= POINTS_AUTO_ON_AFTER_DAYS) {
	tep_db_query('update '. TABLE_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING . ' set status = 2 where unique_id = '. (int)$cpp['unique_id']);
	tep_db_query('update '. TABLE_CUSTOMERS . ' set customers_shopping_points = customers_shopping_points + '. (int)$cpp['points_pending'] . ' where customers_id = '. $customer_id);
	$total_points_awarded += (int)$cpp['points_pending'];
		}
	}
	return $total_points_awarded;
  }else{
	return 0;
}
}
//--BOF--Point auto reward after n days

However, you have login to backend for the auto-reward to work!

Enjoy it! :D

Edited by stonez