• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

I have a couple of items.

First of all THANK YOU for the contribution! I did a clean install when I first started putting my store together and it worked wonderfully!

A couple of things though...first of all I got done fixing my site with the changes I wanted to make, and went to test the store. I signed up a new account, and at the conclusion, I saw this error off where the sideboxes should be:

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_shopping_points' in 'field list'

select customers_shopping_points from customers where customers_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

I went and looked in my admin area and this appears under Admin/customers/customers points:

Customers Qualified Points Search (by name, email address or total points) :

Exchange Rates : Awards : $1.00 = 0.00 &nbsppoint Redeem : 0.00 &nbsppoint = $0.00

select customers_id, customers_lastname, customers_firstname, customers_dob, customers_email_address, customers_shopping_points from customers order by customers_lastname DESC limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

+ Last Name - + First Name - + Date of birth - + Points - Value Action

WHAT HAPPENED???? :'(

My second question is, I'd still like to add gift certificates to the site, and know that there is a contribution for this. Do I just need to carefully look at each file and fill in changes that need to be made to the phps? and upload where appropriate, and all should work well? Should I have done this at the beginning of the install? (this is what I am afraid of)

Thanks so much for everyone's contributions to this thread! You've all helped me in the past, and I hope you can help me out again!

Jewls

I fixed the problem myself...go figure, you gotta remember to set the sql folder! DUH!!!

Still looking for an answer to the second part of my question though...thanks!

Jewls

A couple of things though...first of all I got done fixing my site with the changes I wanted to make, and went to test the store. I signed up a new account, and at the conclusion, I saw this error off where the sideboxes should be:

select customers_shopping_points from customers where customers_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

I went and looked in my admin area and this appears under Admin/customers/customers points:

Customers Qualified Points Search (by name, email address or total points) :

Exchange Rates : Awards : $1.00 = 0.00 &nbsppoint Redeem : 0.00 &nbsppoint = $0.00

select customers_id, customers_lastname, customers_firstname, customers_dob, customers_email_address, customers_shopping_points from customers order by customers_lastname DESC limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

WHAT HAPPENED???? :'(

Hello,

I've got a problem here.When I install the code...All seems OK...but..when I try to order something,the order doesn't appear in my Customers Section -> Orders....Why?When I disable temporary the Point System,all system OK.What shall I do?

>_< Anyone??

I fixed the problem myself...go figure, you gotta remember to set the sql folder! DUH!!!

Still looking for an answer to the second part of my question though...thanks!

Jewls

Apologies for appearing dumb but how/where did you set the sql folder?

Many thanks,

It should be in the install directions, but in your FTP you go to:

catalog/admin/ make a folder called sql and set the chmod to 777

Jewls

:) Thank you - all sorted now and many, many thanks to Deep Silver for a fantastic contribution and great instructions.

In version 1.5 there was an option "Can use points against shipping" and this could be set to true or false.

Is this option available in 1.6 - have looked all over and cannot see it.

I do not want my customers to be able to redeem their points against shipping costs. How can I implement this.

Many thanks in advance,

Purple Lady

Points and Rewards with Paypal WPP doesn't pass correct order totals.

Hey all trying to figure out how to get paypal Direct Payment (Website Payment Pro contrib) to recognize the points discount. The order total is being passed to paypal before the rewards points are discounted, so the correct total is show in Osc but the full price is charged through paypal. Any takers on this? It seems like an easy fix for those that are PHP saavy but my skills are lacking. Any help is appreciated.

hello !!!

for solve my problem, I chose to put paiment by cheque has the place of the payment by points !!!

I a little modified the page of the transaction by cheque banquaire. and I validate manually the purchases by point (cheque)

i have litle problem with my page of admin !!!

I cannot see the orders carried out

i have this error :

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /catalog/admin/orders.php on line 125

can you help me once again?

thank for advance

:thumbsup:

Edited by rotabann

my "pending points" table is becoming bloated (since i used the admin orders.php add-on), is there a way to have this delete the "confirmed" points once they're confirmed?

Hi, i have a error as below in my Payment Modules page, why? can you pls help me?

Warning: main(/home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(/home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Thanks

Edited by brucelim

Hi, i have few errors as below,

1.) in my Payment Modules page,

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

2.) in my Customers Qualified Points,

Exchange Rates : Awards : $1.00 = 0.00 point Redeem : 0.00 point = $0.00

[TEP STOP]

3.) in my Customers Pending Points,

1146 - Table 'theshop_shop2.customers_points_pending' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from orders o , orders_total ot , orders_status s , customers_points_pending cpp where ot.class = 'ot_total' and cpp.status = '1' and cpp.orders_id = o.orders_id and o.orders_id = ot.orders_id and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

why? can you pls help me? :(

Thanks...

Edited by brucelim

Hi, i have few errors as below,

1.) in my Payment Modules page,

2.) in my Customers Qualified Points,

Exchange Rates : Awards : $1.00 = 0.00 point Redeem : 0.00 point = $0.00

[TEP STOP]

3.) in my Customers Pending Points,

1146 - Table 'theshop_shop2.customers_points_pending' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from orders o , orders_total ot , orders_status s , customers_points_pending cpp where ot.class = 'ot_total' and cpp.status = '1' and cpp.orders_id = o.orders_id and o.orders_id = ot.orders_id and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

why? can you pls help me? :(

Thanks...

You did not add the sql file correctly.

You should restore your backup and install sql again.

I recommend you to use the installer.php found in the zip.

Also you should not add paypal_ipn.php to your system if you not using it.

this is not part of the contribution only a hack for people that use it.

so if you see this error in checkout payment page, you probably not using it so there is no points adding this files to your catalog. and you can saflly remove them

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

Hi, i have a problem in my Admin/orders, now when i go to see the order i got this message "Parse error: parse error in /srv/www/htdocs/commerce4/admin/orders.php on line 131"

I open orders.php and i go to the line 131 and i find "case 'deleteconfirm':"

If i remove the code of Points/Rewards i can see the orders.

I have another problem when i try to do the new order at check out confirmation i dont see the total point to use. in the modules order total i give at point a right sequence before the total.

Can anyone help me.

thanks

Omar

You did not add the sql file correctly.

You should restore your backup and install sql again.

I recommend you to use the installer.php found in the zip.

Also you should not add paypal_ipn.php to your system if you not using it.

this is not part of the contribution only a hack for people that use it.

so if you see this error in checkout payment page, you probably not using it so there is no points adding this files to your catalog. and you can saflly remove them

thanks i had done update :)

Hi

Does anyone know how to get the points module to work with the 'Step-By-Step Manual Order Entry'?

The contribution can be found here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1589

It is a very handy contribution if you want to use your admin to manually create customers (they get a password email) or whether you buy an item for an existing customer...

I have tried but failed to get the Points module to be compatible with it - does anyone have a working version they can please elaborate on their work as I am stuck :-(

Thanks in advance

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

'Step-By-Step Manual Order Entry' - I couldn't get this to work with the Points and rewards module either - I just thought I'd made a mistake. I hope somebody can help.

Also, I still can't stop my customers redeeming their points against shipping - is this possible in v1.6?

Thanks again for the help

'Step-By-Step Manual Order Entry' - I couldn't get this to work with the Points and rewards module either - I just thought I'd made a mistake. I hope somebody can help.

Also, I still can't stop my customers redeeming their points against shipping - is this possible in v1.6?

Thanks again for the help

you should be able to activate/de-activate points from the admin/configuration.php.....

..... it should remove the points redemption box at the checkout if you de-activate it.

as for the step by step manual order entry - i can't get the points to show up and be redeemed if necessary

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Great contrib., much appreciated and thanks for everything, the install doc was so easy to follow anyone can do it on there own (I did).

Anyhow I am posting here because I am having a problem viewing the product images in the admin area after installing the Contrib., at first I was having trouble with the emails that get sent to my customers when there points are redeemed, the link does not direct them to there account/points, this is how it showed (http://sitename.net//images/my_points.php) <wrong.

Then I was able to fix the link problem to show like this:

(http://sitename.net/my_points.php)

by changing this

(define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/images/'); // absolute path required)

into this

(define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required)

in the admin/includes/configure.php with the help of Deep-Silver, after doing so the product images only stopped working, all I see is the red X in the admin area, but on the site the images are viewed normally, is there something I am missing or I should add to solve this problem?

Thank you for your time in advance, really appreciate it.

Edited by mike1985

Hello,

First of all: great contribution ! :thumbsup:

I just installed it and seems to be working (no errors)

2 problems:

1)

But with the product info I get:

Points Credit : 0.207985 points Currently valued at ? 0.21

I want only show punt before the .

2)

The points don't show up in order confirmation.

I set the settings in the admin to:

1 - sub-total

2- shipping

3- fixed payement

4- Points redeemptions

5- Tax

6- Total

I'm using V1.60 with OSc 2.2 M2 just spend 1 hour of reading trough this topic and did not find the sollution :(

Who can help me ?

Thanks

P@rick

I am using V1.60 uploaded by deep-silver. Also used the auto-installer.

I can't seem to get the points box appear on the top right corner after the user has logged in.

Also, I seem to have 3 identical lines appearing on the my points section. Refer to image below.

Can someone please help me out?

problem1.jpg

Hi all,

I've the contrib running successfully with authorize.net and paypal ipn. except for one issue when using Paypal. Points are not getting deducted from the customers account when using paypal. All other functionality works (i.e. correct payment amounts processed).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciate.

BTW using PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5