• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

can u post the code for any checkout.php you refer to

what do you mean by

Someone came to me to take over her store. She paid another designer a lot of $$ to install this mod, and it has never worked. People have negative point balances in the admin section.

I guess I just wanted to konw if this was a known easy fix, or if I need to go line by line through the installation he did. This is a hugely hacked up store, and, as I said, I just took it on, so even I don't know all what's going on yet.

Which file would be the likely culprit? I can post the contents of it here.

PS - I also have this at the top of all of the files, so I have no way of knowing which version he installed:

/*

$Id: ot_redemptions.php,v 1 Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

Tara Lang

deep-silver, my problems on my checkout have been cleared, nana helped me on another topic :)

i have another problem, somebody ordered with their credit through paypal, but it did not get deducted.

i searched this topic and found this post from you:

If the error is at the paypal site,

Go to Admin->Payment Modules->PayPal (Credit Card / Debit)

Ensure that you set the options in this module under... "Transaction Type" you MUST select Aggregate alse it will not show the correct total at paypal.

i do not have any of these options in oscommerce? this is what i have:

Enable PayPal Module

Do you want to accept PayPal payments?

True

E-Mail Address

The e-mail address to use for the PayPal service

Transaction Currency

The currency to use for credit card transactions

Selected Currency

Only USD

Only CAD

Only EUR

Only GBP

Only JPY

Payment Zone

If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.

Set Order Status

Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value

Sort order of display.

Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.

i do not currently have PayPal IPN, is it required? i have never noticed any problems before with paypal i don't think?

anyone know?

Someone came to me to take over her store. She paid another designer a lot of $$ to install this mod, and it has never worked. People have negative point balances in the admin section.

I guess I just wanted to konw if this was a known easy fix, or if I need to go line by line through the installation he did. This is a hugely hacked up store, and, as I said, I just took it on, so even I don't know all what's going on yet.

Which file would be the likely culprit? I can post the contents of it here.

PS - I also have this at the top of all of the files, so I have no way of knowing which version he installed:

/*

$Id: ot_redemptions.php,v 1 Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

This is not my mod so i can't help you with it.

I think it belong to other contributions.

the problem you refer to has never been broth up before.

if you would like to use my mod you will have to uninstall the other one before.

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

deep-silver, my problems on my checkout have been cleared, nana helped me on another topic :)

i have another problem, somebody ordered with their credit through paypal, but it did not get deducted.

i searched this topic and found this post from you:

i do not have any of these options in oscommerce? this is what i have:

i do not currently have PayPal IPN, is it required? i have never noticed any problems before with paypal i don't think?

anyone know?

the setting is only for PayPal IPN, the standard payPal module work fine without the above addon(tested).

I think that other contributions making this problem.

the best things to do is to try paypal without using points.

if you are using the standard checkout process not a modified one , you should have no problem using the points module with payPal module.

You should also check to see that your PayPal module is the original module found in a fresh install.

if your paypal module has been modifed, then maybe this is where the problem comes for.

When customers check out with PayPal, it does create the points for their purchase as long as they complete the PayPal transaction and return to our site.

This contribution works perfect.

I would like to see another option for this contribution. When a customer is checking out and wants to use Points, I would like to see it to where we can limit the use, meaning if their purchase is for a $50 item where our profit margin is low, then they cannot use Points Redemption.

I would like to have a setting for that on the admin side

Enable Points Redemption For Minimum Purchase Amount [WE ENTER DOLLAR AMOUNT HERE]

Let's use $50.00 as the limit. A customer has $4.00 in redemption points. If their purchase total is $50 or less, the system will not allow them to redeem that $4.00.

Hi,

I have this module installed and have been trying to get it working with the paypal ipn. I see there is a guide for this in the contribution folder, but the problem is that i am using "PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5", and where the guide instructs the files to be modified, they do not exist in the newer IPN mod.

When currently used, the checkout on my page is fine, but when transferred to paypal the points are ignored, and the transaction value jumps back to what it was before the reductions.

Can anyone help?

many many thanks if you can.

Dan.

When customers check out with PayPal, it does create the points for their purchase as long as they complete the PayPal transaction and return to our site.

This contribution works perfect.

I would like to see another option for this contribution. When a customer is checking out and wants to use Points, I would like to see it to where we can limit the use, meaning if their purchase is for a $50 item where our profit margin is low, then they cannot use Points Redemption.

Enable Points Redemption For Minimum Purchase Amount [WE ENTER DOLLAR AMOUNT HERE]

Let's use $50.00 as the limit. A customer has $4.00 in redemption points. If their purchase total is $50 or less, the system will not allow them to redeem that $4.00.

i see your points.

thats a good idea (addon)for next version.

BTW...

we haven't heard from you for a while. :thumbsup:

Hi,

I have this module installed and have been trying to get it working with the paypal ipn. I see there is a guide for this in the contribution folder, but the problem is that i am using "PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5", and where the guide instructs the files to be modified, they do not exist in the newer IPN mod.

When currently used, the checkout on my page is fine, but when transferred to paypal the points are ignored, and the transaction value jumps back to what it was before the reductions.

Can anyone help?

many many thanks if you can.

Dan.

Try this. I'm not sure if it will work as i have no way to test it.

I've just downloaded the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5

and the below instractions refer to the file found in that zip.

o.k lets start.

Please backup before as I cannot take any responsibility whatsoever.

open catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_process.inc.php

find this at aprox. line no.17

global $payment_modules, $shipping_modules, $order, $currencies, $cart, $PayPal_osC, $customer_id,
	 $sendto, $billto, $shipping, $payment, $language, $currency, $languages_id, $order_total_modules, $order_totals;

.. and REPLACE it with this...(we just add this 2 elements to the line $customer_shopping_points, $customer_shopping_points_spending)

#### Points/Rewards Module V1.50 customer points season BOF ####
//global $payment_modules, $shipping_modules, $order, $currencies, $cart, $PayPal_osC, $customer_id,
 global $payment_modules, $shipping_modules, $order, $currencies, $cart, $PayPal_osC, $customer_id, $customer_shopping_points, $customer_shopping_points_spending,
	 $sendto, $billto, $shipping, $payment, $language, $currency, $languages_id, $order_total_modules, $order_totals;
#### Points/Rewards Module V1.50 customer points season EOF ####*/

same file....

Find this.... (aprox. line no.140)

$insert_id = $this->orders_id;

.. and add this after...

#### Points/Rewards Module V1.50 balance customer points BOF ####
// customer shoppping points account balanced 
 if (USE_REDEEM_SYSTEM == 'true' && $customer_shopping_points_spending) {
$customer_shopping_points = tep_get_shopping_points();
  tep_set_shopping_points(($customer_shopping_points - $customer_shopping_points_spending), $customer_id);
if ($customer_shopping_points_spending && DISPLAY_POINTS_REDEEMED == 'true') {
  tep_add_redeemed_points($customer_id, $insert_id, $customer_shopping_points_spending);
} 
 } 
// customer pending points added 
 if ((USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true') && ($order->info['total'] > 0) && (get_award_discounted($order) == true)) {
$redemption_awards = get_redemption_awards($customer_shopping_points_spending);
$points_toadd = get_points_toadd($order);
if ((get_redemption_awards($customer_shopping_points_spending) == true) && ($points_toadd >0))
  tep_add_pending_points($customer_id, $insert_id, $points_toadd);
 }
#### Points/Rewards Module V1.50 balance customer points EOF ####*/

save and close.

open catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php

Find this.... (aprox. line no.54)

tep_session_unregister('comments');

... and add after.....

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points');// Points/Rewards Module V1.50
tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points_spending');// Points/Rewards Module V1.50

save and close.

Done!

Now run a few tests and let us know how it worked for you.

the module calcualte the total amount not only one product.

so if the total amout of items in cart is less then $50.00 then no points will be given?

I installed this on Loaded 6.15. Initially I had an error on the FAQ page showing the top code /*Id etc etc.

I read in another post how to fix that and that is now fixed. However on the product info page I get this instead of the actually text. TEXT_PRODUCT_POINTSTEXT_PRODUCT_POINTS_VALUE$0.30 shows at the top of every product descript. The dollar amount changes but the text in from of the value all stays the same.

Where or how can this be fixed. The initial install file was apparently different from the downloaded version that fixed the first initial error. So im not sure if this caused the problem or not. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Kaileen

i have searched the forum and cannot work out why my 'welcome points' for new customer aren't working.

when i sign up as a new customer I do not get any info in the welcome email stating that i am getting welcome points, although it does show up in the create account success page

when new customer is logged in there is no sign of the welcome points.....

can someone please advise on where i should be looking

many thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I fixed the earlier problem I had. Now I had a new problem. In testing the points will add to the customer account. It will show as Processing. However if you change the order to delivered or even shipped. The status of the points stays as processing. I do not see any place in admin to approve or work with the points at all. I used the PointsLoaded6.15 for the creloaded 6.15. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Kaileen

i have searched the forum and cannot work out why my 'welcome points' for new customer aren't working.

when i sign up as a new customer I do not get any info in the welcome email stating that i am getting welcome points, although it does show up in the create account success page

when new customer is logged in there is no sign of the welcome points.....

can someone please advise on where i should be looking

many thanks

Make sure you did not miss any of the INSTALL.txt steps in refer to catalog/creat_account.php

after the function "restore cart contain"

you should have the function to add welcome points.

I fixed the earlier problem I had. Now I had a new problem. In testing the points will add to the customer account. It will show as Processing. However if you change the order to delivered or even shipped. The status of the points stays as processing. I do not see any place in admin to approve or work with the points at all. I used the PointsLoaded6.15 for the creloaded 6.15. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Kaileen

To approve pending points you need to go to your admin/customers_points_pending.php.

is case of creloaded 6.15, you need to add your new file via admin file access.

I had already added it to the customers folder under the admin file access area. It shows under the customers but I still have no way to approve pending points or anything.

Am i missing a step at all.

Thanks

Kaileen

I had already added it to the customers folder under the admin file access area. It shows under the customers but I still have no way to approve pending points or anything.

Am i missing a step at all.

Thanks

Kaileen

in customers box under pending points you will see a listof order with pending points.

use the confirm button to confirm those points to your customer.

the reason its set this way is for you to know when to confirm point. as in some cases

you shipped your order but hasen't recieve the money for it.

also please check the demo site that will give you a better view of how this module work.

DEMO SITE HERE

Good Luck.

Under Customers there are not pending points or customer points links.

That was what I meant by there was no way to confirm etc.

I did add through file access and followed the steps but maybe I did miss something along the way.

Thanks

Kaileen

Make sure you did not miss any of the INSTALL.txt steps in refer to catalog/creat_account.php

after the function "restore cart contain" you should have the function to add welcome points.

deep-silver,

konichiwa! ogenki-denska?

i somehow missed it out deep-silver... once again you saved the day!

the funny thing is i tried for around 4 days to get it working on CCGV and that function won't work for me but did it on this once and hey presto, thanks to you it is working fine. now i can get back to the CCGV!

one more thing, is the function supposed to send out: 'as a welcoming gift for all new accounts, you are receiving XX points to spend in the store" in the welcome email?

if it doesn't do it then can you please, please advise how changes can be made to make this happen.. it would be good to have it (i think)

aarigaato

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

deep-silver,

konichiwa! ogenki-denska?

i somehow missed it out deep-silver... once again you saved the day!

the funny thing is i tried for around 4 days to get it working on CCGV and that function won't work for me but did it on this once and hey presto, thanks to you it is working fine. now i can get back to the CCGV!

one more thing, is the function supposed to send out: 'as a welcoming gift for all new accounts, you are receiving XX points to spend in the store" in the welcome email?

if it doesn't do it then can you please, please advise how changes can be made to make this happen.. it would be good to have it (i think)

aarigaato

konichiwa! ogenki-desu!(BTW im not Japanese,just live here).

Hppy to know that it worked out just fine for you.

also the part in admin/customers_points_pending.php

Emails are not sending out, do you really need it?

konichiwa! ogenki-desu!(BTW im not Japanese,just live here).

Hppy to know that it worked out just fine for you.

also the part in admin/customers_points_pending.php

Emails are not sending out, do you really need it?

well.... i guess it is a nice introduction present to have it in the welcome email :-)

maybe you can consider having it in the next release, maybe with a function that de-activates the welcome points text in the welcome email if the welcome points are set to '0'

please think about doing it for the next release if you think it is a viable project

thanks deep-silver

CHOOCH

I dont understand how to install this. Can someone please help me. I am getting errors all over the place and do not understand how to create table.

instructions are very clear... have got the install.txt?

if not, download the latest package and take it from there

CHOOCH

I dont understand how to install this. Can someone please help me. I am getting errors all over the place and do not understand how to create table.

That's too bad.

I worked so hard to make the INSTALL.txt clear enough so even a new bie to osCommerce will handle it

any as wrote in INSTALL.txt

The changes should be made by experienced users only, since I cannot take any responsibility whatsoever.

Also, there might already be changes in place, and they probably have to be merged with this contribution.

Although the PHP files could in theory just be copied ?over? a fresh osC 2.2MS2 installation,

I do not recommend that!

The user wanting to install this contribution should be able to backup his SQL database

(using a tool like phpMyAdmin or the Database backup in osC?s Admin panel) and should have

at least some knowledge of PHP.

Hi deep-silver

Its me which did the german, french and italian translation for you and the community.

Question is there any way to have Admin sort on the customers_points_pending.php like on the customers_points.php page, it would make it much easier to find those customer which still need to have there points confirmed?

Thanks

Steven

Edited by urbach

Hi deep-silver

Its me which did the german, french and italian translation for you and the community.

Question is there any way to have Admin sort on the customers_points_pending.php like on the customers_points.php page, it would make it much easier to find those customer which still need to have there points confirmed?

Thanks

Steven

if there aren't too many sales or too many customers, then the script is sufficient enough... however, if the sales are in a good number then you are right urbach - an easier way is required to sort them.

PS: dont look at me to find a solution, i am a copy and paste type of guy :-)

CHOOCH