• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

That may be the case for your shop but not for mine ... which is why I am suggesting that option.  This contribution is being used for different shops for different purposes NOT just for one style shop.

If few others will have the same request then i will work on it till then i really sorry and hope you understand.

for any other request or suggestions i will be happy to help

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

:D  :D  :D

I bet you would as those cigars are top brands and very costlly.

Thanks deep-silver for taking the time to make this contribution and for taking your time to find my error!

We have had this running for a week, and the customers love the points system!

There has been a bump in sales and I believe a larger average on sales just because of this module!

Where do we vote on this being the contribution of the year?

Thank you again! You are a great commodity for os commerce!

Excellent contribution. Wonder if it can do this...

(an example is on the site: http://www.euroffice.co.uk/ this is NOT an oscommerce site, but at least will give an indication of what i need).

I want to create a category with Free Gifts. Points can be redeemed ONLY against these Free Gifts.

I dont want the gifts to appear with prices. In other words I want gifts to show a POINTS VALUE only. Gift A = 2000 points, Gift B = 2500 points etc. At the moment, all products in oscommerce need prices.

I know i can create a Free Gifts category and use your contribution in a way so that points are redeemed only for products in that category. Brilliant! But there is a problem.

Every Free Gift product in that category will need to show a price. So it looks terrible if a FREE Gift, for example a cuddly toy, is showing 2000 points and also showing ?2000 (assuming 1 point is one pound). ?2000 for a toy doesnt sound right! I need to hide the price!

Is it at all possible to create a product category which does NOTshow the prices for the Free Gift products.... or hides them in some way and still processes the free gifts by deducting the points. In essence I need ONE 'special' category just for Free Gifts.

Or is there another way round this problem?

Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Maz

Edited by maz

I think we have found a bug, maybe just the way we are using it.

Currently we have Award Points for Specials turned off. We dont want to give points for specials.

When a customer orders a regular box of cigars and one of the closeout boxes we are selling for $15 (a special) the module is awarding points for the whole order.

On the up side, if they just order a special item, no points are awarded like it is supposed to work.

Still a great module, just we are pissing off a few customers when we dont give them the full amount of points they think they deserve.

We would be nice:

If in points pending we can go in and adjust the number of points and then approve them. What we have to do now is go in and cancel the pending points and then apply the correct amount to the clients account.

Or if the module just applied to points that are not discounted.

Thanks!

I think we have found a bug, maybe just the way we are using it.

Currently we have Award Points for Specials turned off. We dont want to give points for specials.

When a customer orders a regular box of cigars and one of the closeout boxes we are selling for $15 (a special)  the module is awarding points for the whole order.

On the up side, if they just order a special item, no points are awarded like it is supposed to work.

Still a great module, just we are pissing off a few customers when we dont give them the full amount of points they think they deserve.

Thanks!

At the moment the module apply points for mixed cart(items with full price and some items with discount price) so if the cart contain only products on special it will not give points. so for the costomers to earn points for discounted products he has to buy them together with atleast one product that its price is full.

just another way to push customers to by more.

We would be nice:

If in points pending we can go in and adjust the number of points and then approve them.  What we have to do now is go in and cancel the pending points and then apply the correct amount to the clients account.

thats a good idea for next version to have a way for admin to ajust pending points before approving them as there are so many reasons way you need it.

You can do that trough databse but an extra button at admin/customers_points_pending.php will not harm

When you set the minimum points before redemptions to any amount that higher then the maximum points allowed, then the redemptions box will not show up.

Sorry I ment the exact amount.

Excellent contribution. Wonder if it can do this...

(an example is on the site: http://www.euroffice.co.uk/    this is NOT an oscommerce site, but at least will give an indication of what i need).

I want to create a category with Free Gifts. Points can be redeemed ONLY against these Free Gifts. 

I dont want the gifts to appear with prices. In other words I want gifts to show a POINTS VALUE only.  Gift A = 2000 points, Gift B = 2500 points etc. At the moment, all products in oscommerce need prices.

I know i can create a Free Gifts category and use your contribution in a way so that points are redeemed only for products in that category. Brilliant!  But there is a problem.

Every Free Gift product in that category will need to show  a price. So it looks terrible if a FREE Gift, for example a cuddly toy, is showing 2000 points and also showing ?2000  (assuming 1 point is one pound).  ?2000 for a toy doesnt sound right! I need to hide the price!

Is it at all possible to create a product category which does NOTshow the prices for the Free Gift products.... or hides them in some way and still processes the free gifts by deducting the points. In essence I  need ONE 'special' category just for Free Gifts.

Or is there another way round this problem?

Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Maz

That a very diff' system as those rewards are the only things customer can get for his points. so when that system show points its actually show the price as points. and the price shown is just a word.it can be done(with lots of work as oscommerce need based on products price)but your customers wont be so happy with the system as the cant use onlt points and can't buy only rewarded products and can't use any getaway payment. and there will be always shipping charges on top.

## POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.40 ##

As per request.

Added admin ability to ajust pending points amount before aproval.

you can test this function at the demo sitehere

Hi there I applied the 4 files but I do not see the adjust button... is htere not an update for the sql? Thanks this rocks!

Maddie

The Ajust buttom will ONLY show up when there are points to ajust and only if those points are not confirmed yet.

No change made to databse table so there is no need for any sql update.

Thank you for this bug report.

and this is how to fix it.....

2 files need to modify...

? ? admin/includes/languages/english/customers_points.php

? ? admin/includes/languages/english/customers_points_pending.php

open admin/includes/languages/english/customers_points.php

find this .... (line no. 36 and line no.101)

? ? ? ? ?$balance = $customer['customers_shopping_points'];

and add after it.....

? ? ? ? ?$gender = $customer['customers_gender'];

save and close this file.

I have just had a customer say he will not shop from me again if i call him MS. again. I didnt relaise this happened. So i tried to correct the fault with the instructions above, however i do not have the sugegsted code in the files. $balance = $customer['customers_shopping_points'];

Can please someone help as this is very important.

Costas

Edited by cdamianou

I have just had a customer say he will not shop from me again if i call him MS. again. I didnt relaise this happened. So i tried to correct the fault with the instructions above, however i do not have the sugegsted code in the files. $balance = $customer['customers_shopping_points'];

Can please someone help as this is very important.

Costas

Please confirm the module version that you are using as this bugs refer to version1.00 and the latest version is V1.40.

Make sure you got the latest version. you can download it from osCommerce contributions page

or from the demo site.

If you are not using account gender then the script will use the customer first name

for example " Dear John".

Let me know if it work for you.

WTF?  No SQL update?  That makes it too easy.  Please make it a little harder for us. :)

Next version will have an admin ability to rollback confirmed pending points. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I agree ... He totally ROCKS!

To Maddie.

are you working till late or its just your local time that not set correctly?

by the way i visited your site(nice :thumbsup: ) and found a small typo in the privacy conditions the invoice missing the "i".

as well as on the Reward Point Program FAQ page where it says " Please choose from one of the topics above."

I think that having this line in the color red will not show up nice on some browesers and monitors.

To change the default color used for this line.

simplly open.... catalog/my_points_help.php

find this (line no.61)

<td class="main"><font color="FF0000"><b><?php echo SUB_HEADING_TITLE; ?></b></font></td>

and replace the font color to match you site.

Verry good contribution for oscommerce!

Question : I'm using CRE LOADED 6.15 for my site, is there any chance to install your contribution on my eshop?

I've tried but no chance...the files to modify just don't match the instalation instruction.(don't have the same content)

CRE LOADED team did a very good job, you the same...it would be great to go in the same direction :-"

Sorry about my english...

Verry good contribution for oscommerce!

Question :  I'm using CRE LOADED 6.15 for my site, is there any chance to install your contribution on my eshop?

I've tried but no chance...the files to modify just don't match the instalation instruction.(don't have the same content)

CRE LOADED team did a very good job, you the same...it would be great to go in the same direction  :-"

Sorry about my english...

Please give me some time to check the files for this.

I will get back to you.

To Maddie.

are you working till late or its just your local time that not set correctly?

by the way i visited your site(nice :thumbsup: ) and found a small typo in the privacy conditions the invoice missing the "i".

as well as on the Reward Point Program FAQ page where it says " Please choose from one of the topics above."

I think that having this line in the color red will not show up nice on some browesers and monitors.

To change the default color used for this line.

simplly open....    catalog/my_points_help.php

find this (line no.61)

? ? ? ?<td class="main"><font color="FF0000"><b><?php echo SUB_HEADING_TITLE; ?></b></font></td>

and replace the font color to match you site.

Thank you for the kudos! I will fix the typos thanks for pointing them out *giggles* spelling not a strong point for me :huh:

I always work late :D I live for the job who needs sleep :P

Thanks for doing all you do! I LOVE your mod! :thumbsup:

Maddie

I have this problem:

I want 5% discount

My settings in admin/configuration/poins rewards130:

Points per 1. Yen = 1 Yen Reedem per point 0.05

but in admin/Customers/Pending points is this automatic text:

1 Yen = 1 Point and 1 Point = 0.1 Yen (10%) ???

this incorrect numbers are in FAQ too (10%), just the model is calculate OK (5%).

Thx for help

I have this problem:

I want 5% discount

My settings in admin/configuration/poins rewards130:

Points per 1. Yen  = 1          Yen Reedem per point 0.05

but in admin/Customers/Pending points  is this automatic text:

1 Yen = 1 Point    and    1 Point = 0.1 Yen  (10%) ???

this incorrect numbers are  in FAQ too (10%), just the model is calculate OK (5%).

Thx for help

mmmmm??????

I set the demo site to have a 5% discount rate and it works fine there.

you can compar it your self.

http://deep-silver.com/shop/index.php

You should get the latest version v1.40 read the upgrade instractions carefully. and backup your file before.

Let me know if it work out well for you.

Good Luck.

Deep-Silver