• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

in the instruction for single admin email, there is a link help. I even copy and pasted in browser. But I see this for points and rewards.

So is the link in the instructions mistyped or what?

:huh: What part of the instructions are you referring to ?

Hi,

I have just installed this contribution which looks great but having 2 problems.

1. When a customer creates a new account they do not automatically receive the points which I have set up in the options. The user gets the message at create account success but doesn't actually get any points. I can add the points manually.

2. On the payment page it displays the total order amount however as I have tax added to my delivery price it doesn't take this in to account in the calculation although it does for the product tax. I've seen a few posts regarding this but after searching through the forums couldn't find the answer.

Would really appreciate any help or pointers you can give me!

Thanks

Mike

OK just managed to fix the issue re the points not getting created...I had the u HTML contribution installed which was bypassing that section so now sorted on that one.

However, I am still having loads of Tax issues. Is there any fix for this as it seems to be affecting a number of things, including the max amount of points it can use. i.e. if you have £5 in points and the amount came to £3.56 it will only take off £3.03 as this is the price it thinks it comes to? - If theres no fix, any indications of where calculation takes place and I will develop and share a fix???... please :)

In addition I found another bug which you might want to take note of:

If you disable the option for expiring points after a certain date, the my_points.php page will say that you have no points. This is because the SQL query filters on the expiry date field i.e. customers_points_expires > CURDATE()

However since the field is NULL there is no match. To resolve simply I changed the query so that it can handle the NULLs. Also added an IF statement so that it wouldn't display the 'Expire At:' detail on the page when there is NULL dates.

If you need more details just reply...

Hi,

I have just installed this contribution which looks great but having 2 problems.

1. When a customer creates a new account they do not automatically receive the points which I have set up in the options. The user gets the message at create account success but doesn't actually get any points. I can add the points manually.

2. On the payment page it displays the total order amount however as I have tax added to my delivery price it doesn't take this in to account in the calculation although it does for the product tax. I've seen a few posts regarding this but after searching through the forums couldn't find the answer.

Would really appreciate any help or pointers you can give me!

Thanks

Mike

Hi DeepSilver, as I said, it's great to have you back on board your own contribution! It has to be said that it's one of the best.

Thanks for the credit, but no need - Unfortunately, I am still unable to say I have fixed the problem I had.

So it will be great to see a new upload from you, and I will be omongst the first to thank you.

However, it will be useless for me (and probably many others) unless it can incorporate of Discount Coupons. Will you be able to build in the changes by phocea and texmaxx?

Meanwhile, I am still working on my package and I'll happily exchange any info with you for your re-launch.

Cheers

ssnb

Hello everybody,

I give 500 points to my customers for their first order, it works, no problem and they can use them with clicking the checkbox.

But, when ordering for a second or a third time, etc... the checkbox does not appear, so why ?

Does anyone have any idea...

Thanx very much in advance

Manu

I give 500 points to my customers for their first order,

How to you give points for first order???

are you trying to say that you give 500 point for new customer???

if so, they will only get them once!

But, when ordering for a second or a third time, etc... the checkbox does not appear, so why ?

if they used thier points, the box will not show.

If a customer has point(confirmed point) and the box still not shown, you are probably having some sort of product ristriction on. at your admin/configuration setting.

Edited by deep-silver

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

However, it will be useless for me (and probably many others) unless it can incorporate of Discount Coupons.

This mod is working with my Discount Coupons. I don't know what version and what part of the uncounted pieces of Discount Coupons code are you using.

so i can't promiss you that it will work with yours.

also please remember that Discount Coupons is not part of osCommerce core files, so i can't support it. ( i can only maybe advice)

Discount Coupons contibution is the Massy one. not my mod. you will have to marge it with this module.

Discount Coupons contibution is the Massy one. not my mod. you will have to marge it with this module.

Fair enough - I would be happy to see the new version, when do you think you will be ready with V3?

Thanks

SSNB

Fair enough - I would be happy to see the new version, when do you think you will be ready with V3?

Thanks

SSNB

V3 will not be released.(it has new features that require lots of update and i don't have time to create new install instructions).

I will be releasing V2.1rc2a ( same mode just adjusted to reflect osCommerce2.1rc2a).

BTW did you or anybody else experienced the issue that posted as a fix in osCommerce contribution page posted here by the user metacatdud

In the original package when you try to search over admin side, for an user or an order, you will notice that you will be redirected to login page.

I never heard about it nor my clients who are using this module.

for me it sound like this guy having problem with Sessions, i guess that Session Directory miss configured, or maybe that Force Cookie Use is set to false and cookies shown on the browser url.

in anyway i wish that he would post it here before uploading.

BTW did you or anybody else experienced the issue that posted as a fix in osCommerce contribution page posted here by the user metacatdud

I never heard about it nor my clients who are using this module.

for me it sound like this guy having problem with Sessions, i guess that Session Directory miss configured, or maybe that Force Cookie Use is set to false and cookies shown on the browser url.

in anyway i wish that he would post it here before uploading.

This was strange to me...I did not experience it.

How to you give points for first order???

are you trying to say that you give 500 point for new customer???

if so, they will only get them once!

if they used thier points, the box will not show.

If a customer has point(confirmed point) and the box still not shown, you are probably having some sort of product ristriction on. at your admin/configuration setting.

Hello deep-silver,

Thanx very much for your response...

Even if the new customer uses their 500 points for its first order, it earns new points with the amount of this first order. So, it has got a new amount of points that it can use for a future order. Do you agree ?

That's what I can't understand : returning customers having points cannot spend them... :blink:

EDIT : There are NO restrictions on categories or products...

Greetz

Edited by manulut

Hello deep-silver,

Thanx very much for your response...

Even if the new customer uses their 500 points for its first order, it earns new points with the amount of this first order. So, it has got a new amount of points that it can use for a future order. Do you agree ?

That's what I can't understand : returning customers having points cannot spend them... :blink:

EDIT : There are NO restrictions on categories or products...

Greetz

Hi

What setting do have in the configuration for AWARD POINTS FOR ORDER WITH REDEEMED POINTS....True or False? If true set to false and see what happens.

Hi

What setting do have in the configuration for AWARD POINTS FOR ORDER WITH REDEEMED POINTS....True or False? If true set to false and see what happens.

Unless you mean the points are not being deducted at all.

Hi

Hotclutch,

You are my Angel ! It works...

Thank you very much !!!

Greetz

I have 1500 points which are about 35$ but i can't see any options for using them to pay :( Does anyone know why is this?

I think it might be due to register_globals being set to off on your server. I have the same issue.

I've found how to display points/reward option for checking out. But when i choose it Order total doesn't show correct values. Here's what i mean

Sub-Total: $3.84

Flat Rate: $3.50

Points Redeemed: -$7.34

Total: $8.93

GST included (12.5%): $0.43

It says : points redeemed: -$7.34, but the Total value is still $8.93.

Before applying any points The order total looks like this :

Sub-Total: $3.84

Flat Rate: $3.50

Total: $7.34

GST included (12.5%): $0.43

Does anyone know why is this. I checked if I missed something during installation.

Edited by egorig

I've found how to display points/reward option for checking out.

How about sharing out the result so other can learn how to.

could you please post here how did you fix your problem (even if its just a stupid mistake :lol: )

How about sharing out the result so other can learn how to.

could you please post here how did you fix your problem (even if its just a stupid mistake :lol: )

Sure, when i installed CCGV module it actually overwrote checkout_payment.php file. So I had to add this code :

if ((USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true') && (USE_REDEEM_SYSTEM == 'true')) {
echo points_selection();
if (tep_not_null(USE_REFERRAL_SYSTEM)) {
  echo referral_input();
}
 }

Now it's okay but the Order total value is not correct. I'm still trying to fix this.

Edited by egorig

I've found where the problem is with incorrect order total. Here it is :

function tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($points) {

return((float)$points * (float)REDEEM_POINT_VALUE);
 }

should be :

function tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($points) {

return round(((float)$points * (float)REDEEM_POINT_VALUE),2);
 }

It must be rounded, cause when

$order->info['total'] = $order->info['total'] - (tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending));

the $order->info['total'] gets absolutely wrong value.

Hopefully I was useful to someone.

Dated: OCT.04.2008 V2.1rc2a

--------------------------

1.Overall reffresh of the code.

*compatibility with the latest osCommerce-2.2rc2a.

*compatibility with MySql V5.xx .

*compatibility with PHP V5.xx and V6.00 .

- Register_global off

- Register_long_array off

2.Bug fixed at admin section.

when sorting points on a page other then the first page,

the script took you back to the first page.

3.Bug fixed at admin section.

when adjusting points to a customer without points and auto expire is on,

the date left empty.

4.Created a new installer.

The old installer did not work on heavily secured servers.

5.Updated the code to reflect the tax issue.

osCommerce-2.2rc2a team has made changes to the currencies class,

read osCommerce-2.2rc2a log file for more details

6.Updated the code in refer to products_info.php .

Points information no longer shown on a none qualified Product.

7.Bug fixed at create account page .

Email did not sent out at all if the point system is turned off.

8.Fixed a possible security hole .

where an hacker could go trough and add mutiple referral points for the same order.

9.Clean up the INSTALL.txt file .

Some people had problem understanding it.

9.Added the new FAQ type Provided by Phocea.

-Clean up the file and removed none English comments.

-Moved the css elements to catalog/stylesheet.css

-Fixed a minor bug in Phocea's version where the date not show

at FAQ no.14

10.Maybe some more .

There is a good chance that i made a few other changes along the

way and probably forgot about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The user wanting to upgrade this contribution will need first upgrade to the latest osCommerce-2.2rc2a

then replace the module core files as well as go trough the install.txt to confirm that

your code is the same.

There is a demo site for a limited time.

http://www.deepsilver.co.cc/catalog/index.php

Issue Redeeming All Points in V2.1rc2a

Hey Deepsilver, thanks for taking the time to rewrite the contribution, I was having lots of problems trying to get the original one working and v2.1 seems to fix most of the issues I had however the only problem I am having is if you want to check out by redeeming all of your points.

If I select that I want to redeem all of my points, it forces the credit card details to be entered but the customer wouldn't expect to enter their details if they are not paying by Credit Card?

Are you able to advise if this is intentional or a bug?

Thanks again!

Mike