• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

Hi there,

I have problem adding item into the shopping cart from the product_info page after installing ## POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V2.0d ## CORRECTED recently. The Your Shopping Cart is empty! Appeared when I click ‘Add to cart’ button.

I have been pulling hair searching high and low and still cannot find the solution.

There is no problem in adding items from the index.php by clicking the ‘Buy it Now’ button.

After searching through the related topics in the forums, google, and applied all the possible methods (mostly changing of configure.php file), I still cannot solved it.

Do any body have similar encounter or anyone have good idea what’s when wrong please give me an advice.

Thank you all in advance.

Is anyone using paypal express with this.. and do you know what I need to change or added.

noppie

To the best of my knowledge the best paypal

((( osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v2.2 For 2.2MS2 Terra 14 Jan 2007 )))

and use the one above and it will work.

I got both coupons trad and this one working.

go here

Hello, Does anybody know if this module can be updated, or has been, to allow points to be allocated 'per product' rather than accross the board?

I want to use the current points per pound spent but have a special on a particular product, whereby customers earn more points on that one.

Thanks

Hi there,

I have problem adding item into the shopping cart from the product_info page after installing ## POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V2.0d ## CORRECTED recently. The Your Shopping Cart is empty! Appeared when I click ‘Add to cart’ button.

Hi,

I've found and solved this problem and discovered that there is nothing to do with this great contributions. I would like to take this opportunity to thanks deep-silver for contributing this script.

My ‘add to cart’ is working fine now after I change some code in the catalog/includes/application_top.php file. At around line 374 to this:

// customer adds a product from the products page

case 'add_product' : if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));

break;

Hope someone can benefit from this too!

Has anyone had tried using this contribution with 2.2rc2a? Everything seems fine until you get past the payment information screen. The order total does not reflect the discount on checkout_confirmation.php.

Thanks

-Mike

Mike,

I have it working.(fingers crossed) But I also have Gift vouchers(CCGV) installed and together have had to apply all kinds of fixes and tweeks. I originally tried to keep track of my changes, but lost track A LONG LONG time ago.....But I do have it working.

lildog

Has anyone had tried using this contribution with 2.2rc2a? Everything seems fine until you get past the payment information screen. The order total does not reflect the discount on checkout_confirmation.php.

Thanks

-Mike

It turns out I had a register_globals issue. I turned it on and everything was fine. Points & Rewards 2.0d works perfectly with 2.2rc2a.

-Mike

It turns out I had a register_globals issue. I turned it on and everything was fine. Points & Rewards 2.0d works perfectly with 2.2rc2a.

-Mike

Just a quick update, Points & Rewards 2.0 passes the correct total to Paypal when using the Paypal Payments Standard module in 2.2rc2a. It doesn't require any additional modifications.

-Mike

Hi Can any body help me on this issue:

PRerror1.jpg

This Customer Have 800 Points

PRerror2.jpg

But no points option when check out

Can anyone Help me? many thanks

YES YES YES I fixed the problem... the solution was the same as I described above....

For all having trouble with register_globals=off; use this code:

in catalog\includes\modules\order_total\ot_redemptions.php search for:

// if customer is using points to pay
  if ($customer_shopping_points_spending > 0){

$order->info['total'] = $order->info['total'] - (tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending));

$this->output[] = array('title' =>''. MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_REDEMPTIONS_TEXT . ':',
							'text' => '<font color="FF0000">-'.$currencies->format(tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value'].'</font>'),
							'value' => tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending));

}

and replace with:

// if customer is using points to pay
  if ($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending'] > 0){

$order->info['total'] = $order->info['total'] - (tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending']));

$this->output[] = array('title' =>''. MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_REDEMPTIONS_TEXT . ':',
							'text' => '<font color="FF0000">-'.$currencies->format(tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value'].'</font>'),
							'value' => tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending']));

}

Thanks all for help!

this doesn't seem to be working for me. wondering if anyone else had success with it?

The points will show up in the 'my account' section of your site when a customer logs in, not in the confirmation email.

I am having a problem with customers being able to receive referal points from the same refer, over and over. I have added the 'Referral Points Once' by Sashaben (thanks), but this has not solved the issue.

Does anybody know a little more about this problem?

Thanks

Lucy

Edited by LucyFoster

The points will show up in the 'my account' section of your site when a customer logs in, not in the confirmation email.

I am having a problem with customers being able to receive referal points from the same refer, over and over. I have added the 'Referral Points Once' by Sashaben (thanks), but this has not solved the issue.

Does anybody know a little more about this problem?

Thanks

Lucy

Yes,but when they use their point,there is total price without the used points in confirmation email.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly Id like to say a huge thankyou for the people who created this contrib.

I have it installed and all working fine appart from one thing.

My customers have 2 payment options COD and paypal IPN.

When the customers pay using COD, I have to manually confirm the point awarded in the Customers Pending Points page. Which is correct.

However when customers pay using Paypal, nothing shows in the Customers Pending Points. I want to manuall confirm points weither paid by COD or paypal.

In settings I have Auto Credit Pending Points set to "blank" as I want to manual check the order before awarding the points and customers to get their email confirmations.

Is this a bug or my settings wrong?

Help really needed. spent last 4 days rechecking all code and database.

Thank you in advance for any help given on this.

I Installed this mod yesterday on a very heavily modded site that does nothing but VOD. Install took about 75 minutes. I am guessing because of how many mods I have installed.

The install file was very well written. I used the 2.0d french version. I had to get an earlier sql file that was in english. However I have to say that the instructions provided in the installation files was very well written. Kudos to the author on that.

The only problem I had was this.

I use netcash to process my orders and the points were available as they are supposed to be but for the points were not being deducted before being passed over to netcash for processing. And if there was enough points to pay for the order I could not get it to by pass the processor as it should. I might add netcash was my only processor

Without having to rewrite several pages I came up with the following plan and I hope this may help someone else

I added a payment option to pay by check or money order

I changed the language in the language files to say point redemption etc....

I set default payment to pending in admin which means I have to manually approve all pending order so that in case someone figures out how to abuse the system they do not get nothing for free.

I added language to inform the customer that their order must total at least $5.00 to use the points option upon checkout.

Thats about it.

I disabled the referal system as I thought that coding was a little behind.

The referal system should give points based up on refering new members to the site and not upon the checkout page. I have read of to many bug reports about points being given again and again in this forum to the same person for the same referals.

Anyhow that is just my thoughts

Once again I am very pleased overall about the way this mod was written and the way it performs. If you are having problems with this mod then chances are you do not have something correct with your overall installation of OSCommerce. If you have to do special things in order to get OSCommerce or this mod to work with your store such as messing with register globals or putting special ini files in your root directory to control the behavior of PHP then look for another web host because that is not normal.

I have 30+ mods installed on my shop and everything works as it should.

Good luck to all!

Firstly Id like to say a huge thankyou for the people who created this contrib.

I have it installed and all working fine appart from one thing.

My customers have 2 payment options COD and paypal IPN.

When the customers pay using COD, I have to manually confirm the point awarded in the Customers Pending Points page. Which is correct.

However when customers pay using Paypal, nothing shows in the Customers Pending Points. I want to manuall confirm points weither paid by COD or paypal.

In settings I have Auto Credit Pending Points set to "blank" as I want to manual check the order before awarding the points and customers to get their email confirmations.

Is this a bug or my settings wrong?

Help really needed. spent last 4 days rechecking all code and database.

Thank you in advance for any help given on this.

To update , some things worked out myself.

1. Paypal payment not showing up in pcustomer pending points. I did not update the correct paypal ipn files.

2. Turning off auto credit - leaving it blank does nothing. You must type in "false" for the system to allow you manual check the points and confirm them.

Now, I read earlier someone else have a problem im having now. When customer pays via paypal ipn, the points are showing up in customers pending points 3 times for the same order. Anyone have an idea why its doing that or a fix?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, i've just installed this contribution and am loving it, just what i needed. However, i use GoogleCheckout as well as Paypal for payments and was wondering how to get this configured with GoogleCheckout.

Thanks in advance.

Match Attax Outlet

The Premier Football Card Store

after installing this version, the admin side works fine with no issues, but i am having issues with the shop side of the mod which is giving me the following error..

there are no other mods installed the shop at all. fresh install on the site .

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/cxtxtsju/public_html/shops/includes/application_top.php on line 312

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

i have a problem with $order->info['total']; , everywhere in the checkout-process it's calculating the shipping costs without tax. If i do a order it's showing for e.g. in account_history_info.php the correct price. I can't get this contribution running untill i've solved this problem. Did anybody know something about that?

In short: everything seems to work fine only the customers can't redeem points.

Nothing happens on both checkout_payment.php & checkout_confirmation.php

Possible problems:

- The customers have confiremed points, however the headers says: "You don't have Qualified Points yet"

question, is this normal or how do you qualify those points ?

- I've installed Discount Coupon Codes (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4269/)

Maybe there is a conflict, but partially de-installing the in these files checkout_payment.php & checkout_confirmation.php does not solve the problem.

register_globals = on btw.

Anybody has a clue ?? All help is appreciated

In short: everything seems to work fine only the customers can't redeem points.

Nothing happens on both checkout_payment.php & checkout_confirmation.php

Possible problems:

- The customers have confiremed points, however the headers says: "You don't have Qualified Points yet"

question, is this normal or how do you qualify those points ?

- I've installed Discount Coupon Codes (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4269/)

Maybe there is a conflict, but partially de-installing the in these files checkout_payment.php & checkout_confirmation.php does not solve the problem.

register_globals = on btw.

Anybody has a clue ?? All help is appreciated

Actually i have the same problem, had it working till the checkout, even showing in the final total

Than in the admin, orders not added the total without redeem points.

so i went back, looked for debugging, and now its not working anymore,

btw i have CCGVDC (gift vouchers) mod as well. php 5 and mysql 5

Please help

Hello,

I'd like to know if it's possible to enable/disable the module on a per user basis? For example, if one of our customers doesn't want to have points, he would just disable points for himself under My Account.

Is this possible?

Thanks!