• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

Hi all, great contribution. I did the install and everything seems to work with the exception that when a customer with points checksout, they are not offered to option of using their points. Also, if I login as a customer with points, I can see all the points, but at the top it says "You don't have Qualified Points yet." And then under that it lists their points.

Anyone familiar with what I might have missed to cause this?

Thanks,

con4mity

I've been through this topic, all 66 pages and still my problem persists. I've doubled checked and rechecked all the install notes. I'm not missing anything on any of the changes. My Admin Configuration is like this:

Enable Points system true

Enable Redemptions system true

Points per 1.Yen purchase 1

The value of 1 point when Redeemed 0.1

Points Decimal Places 0

Auto Credit Pending Points 0

Auto Expires Points 12

Points Expires Auto Remainder 30

Award points for shipping false

Award points for Tax false

Award points for Specials true

Award points for order with redeemed points true

Award points for Products Reviews 10

Enable and set points for Referral System 100

Enable Products Model Restriction

Enable Products ID Restriction

Enable Categories ID Restriction

Enable Products Price Restriction false

If you wish to limit points before Redemptions, set points limit 0

If you wish to limit points to be use per order, set points Max 1000

Restrict Points Redemption For Minimum Purchase Amount

New signup customers Welcome Points amount 0

Maximum number of points records to display 20

Display Points information in Product info page true

Keep Records of Redeemed Points true

Yet, no matter what I do all the customers are being given there points but the systems says there are not qualified, and nothing shows up in the checkout process, (And yes I did all the steps including those) that allows them to use the point.

Can anyone offer any advise? I have to think it's just something little considering that everything else is working as expected, or appears to.

The only other thing I'm finding that doesn't make sense is if I change Auto Credit Pending Points to blank, so that it doesn't auto credit, I don't get the checkboxes in the order details page that i used to get.

Please, if anyone has an idea for me to try please post it.

just a quick question. i've searched but couldn't find an answer.

SUB_HEADING_TITLE

SUB_HEADING_TEXT

appearing at the bottom of my faq's page. under the list of faq's (1-17)

anyone have an idea what i've probably left out/missed with the install?!?

appreciate any feedback. thanx.

I have those also, I don't think you left anything out. I think they are there so that you can add an explanation or introduction to the FAQ. I just removed them.

If I'm missing something obvious here could someone please point it out? This doesn't make sense.

Please tell me what is required for the points to qualify? My buyers have points in the system, but on each of their points page where it shows the points it says they do not have any qualified points? Is there something that has to be done to qualify them? I just can't find the problem.

Anyone?

Okay, finally fixed it, even though I'm certain I tried this once. I had to go into configuration->Points/Reward and disable the system and then enable it again. For whatever reason it now shows up!

But it still says:

You don't have Qualified Points yet.

Date Order No. & Status Comments Points Status Points

03/07/2007 #17 Pending Shopping Points Confirmed 101

03/06/2007 #15 Processing Shopping Points Confirmed 352

03/04/2007 #13 Shipped Shopping Points Confirmed 122

03/02/2007 #12 Shipped Shopping Points Confirmed 46

03/02/2007 #11 Shipped Shopping Points Confirmed 193

03/01/2007 #10 Shipped Shopping Points Confirmed 46

02/28/2007 #9 Shipped Shopping Points Confirmed 111

Even though it says they do on the account page:

Shopping Points Balance : 986 points. Valued at : $98.59

Any ideas?

Edited by con4mity

before I solved the problem I had because of register_globals=off I programmed a little extra point to "Change points into money."... so if a customers had 1000 points valued $10 he had the possibility to request his money by sending a email with bankkonto...

if you can't solve your problem you should think about this solution ;P

HI,

This is a great contributions!

I did the instalations via option A. Everything went fine, but now I cannot see this:

*. Accses your admin page http://www.your_site_name /admin/index.php

under "Modules" choose Order Total Modules.

A new order total will appear called, " Points Redemptions " make sure its installed and

that the sort order match yours. this option must appear after " Sub-Total " and before " Total".

When you first install " Points Redemptions " the sort order no is 4, same as the " Total"

so you must change your value for " Total" sort order to any number higher then 4.

Any ideas?

BR,

Juha

HI,

I did the instalations via option A. Everything went fine, but now I cannot see this:

A new order total will appear called, " Points Redemptions " make sure its installed and

that the sort order match yours. this option must appear after " Sub-Total " and before " Total".

When you first install " Points Redemptions " the sort order no is 4, same as the " Total"

so you must change your value for " Total" sort order to any number higher then 4.

Any ideas?

BR,

Juha

I have read this 6 times and still do not understand what you are trying to get across!!

If you re-post with clearer info it may help someone reply.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

At your ADMIN page try looking under "Configuration" instead of "modules".

HI,

Any ideas?

BR,

Juha

Hi everyone!

Thankyou firstly for this awesome contrib.!

I have it installed and everything works beautifully.....BUT :lol:

I have the same prob. as this person quoted below and have not found a reply to it:

QUOTE(Wildata @ Oct 31 2006, 08:14 PM) *

Hi Folks, I am having a strange problem, all is fine up to the point the customer

uses his points, then the points "used"do not subtract, and are available for the next purchase,

any ideas where (in what file) my error /problem is ?

Thanks in advance

Ciaran.

Do the points show up in admin? Do they still show in the customers account.php?

To answer Chooch: Yes, points still show up in admin and in customer account as if never been redeemed.

I am using Paypal IPN and that's what the customer used for checkout payment.

Everything else worked out fine during payment process.

Do I need to subtract points manually? This would be an odd thing to have to do, eh?

Appreciate any insight.

Thankyou,

Monica

To answer Chooch: Yes, points still show up in admin and in customer account as if never been redeemed.

I am using Paypal IPN and that's what the customer used for checkout payment.

Everything else worked out fine during payment process.

Do I need to subtract points manually? This would be an odd thing to have to do, eh?

Umm, no you shouldn't need to do anything manually.

In you case it would be useless to try to do it manually as it is next to impossible to stop your customers from redeeming and then re-redeeming points over and over again.

Other than paypal there has to be something else in common with your site and the sites of those very few people who encounter this problem, that would help to isolate the it or narrow down possible reasons.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi

I have the earlier version installed & didn't want to upgrade because I didn't need the extra features & I thought mine was working. I haven't kept up with the thread & trying to understand it now is proving :huh:

I think this is a known problem but have missed the cure.

I have enough points to redeem the whole lot (or some as is the option in the earlier version). I tick the use all points allowed for this order but it will not let me saying the points exceed the order...BUT they don't!

eg:

Sub-Total: £0.70

Points Redeemed(33 x £0.05): -£1.65

Royal Mail :£1.00

Total: £0.05

The max box says 34 points & they are 60 available. The customer obviously doesn't want to have a tiny outstanding balance.

Please what & where do I look to sort this?

Thank you so much

Julie

Umm, no you shouldn't need to do anything manually.

In you case it would be useless to try to do it manually as it is next to impossible to stop your customers from redeeming and then re-redeeming points over and over again.

Other than paypal there has to be something else in common with your site and the sites of those very few people who encounter this problem, that would help to isolate the it or narrow down possible reasons.

Thanks for the reply Chooch.

I don't really know what to do next or what to check. I will keep playing around and see what happens. Will let everyone know if I find a solution. If any one can help, I'd appreciate it.

By the way, can anyone give me some insight into what the minor bug fix download by efusion is?

I'm not a code reader... TIA

Monica

I was thinking about my prob. (redeeming points and checking out is fine, all registers through PAYPAL... but when I return to the store after checkout my points, which I have spent, are still in my account.)

I was looking at the install package (I installed Version 2.0d).

It also has a PAYPAL IPN modification to do, for PAYPAL IPN v1.3 for 2.2MS2.

The PAYPAL IPN I have installed is OSCOMMERCE PAYPAL IPN v2.2 (by Terra).

I haven't installed the mod yet, as I would have to look at the code and try figuring out what to change for my paypal version.

Does the mod on paypal make checkout and paypal work together in the way that may fix my prob? Sorry if I'm sounding like a complete derro and it looks obvious to you! :lol: I've been teaching myself everything.... at times I can't get my head around the simplest things!

Comments, suggestions, answers, jokes... anything would be lovely and well taken. :D

Cheers!

Monica

I was thinking about my prob. (redeeming points and checking out is fine, all registers through PAYPAL... but when I return to the store after checkout my points, which I have spent, are still in my account.)

I was looking at the install package (I installed Version 2.0d).

It also has a PAYPAL IPN modification to do, for PAYPAL IPN v1.3 for 2.2MS2.

The PAYPAL IPN I have installed is OSCOMMERCE PAYPAL IPN v2.2 (by Terra).

I haven't installed the mod yet, as I would have to look at the code and try figuring out what to change for my paypal version.

Does the mod on paypal make checkout and paypal work together in the way that may fix my prob? Sorry if I'm sounding like a complete derro and it looks obvious to you! :lol: I've been teaching myself everything.... at times I can't get my head around the simplest things!

Comments, suggestions, answers, jokes... anything would be lovely and well taken. :D

Cheers!

Monica

maybe you've already seen this but just in case you didn't... did you see the note in the Pyapal IPN from Terra about making sure that all changes for a mod that affects the checkout_process.php file have to be applied to the paypal_ipn.php and the ipn.php files?

Thanks for your answer Mariemeh.

I made the modifications to my paypal_ipn.php that was included with the contrib. (just combed through my version and their version and slotted in the changes at about the same places as they appeared) That seemed to fix up the non-deducting points prob. Yay! I feel brave!

Checking both paypal_ipn.php and checkout_process.php now...... seems both have the same changes made for the Points / Reward Module on them. You have clued me into where to look, for another prob. I've encountered. (but it's got nothing to do with this mod., so will not state here!).Thanks again!

This contribution is awesome and I highly recommend it! :thumbsup:

the problem I am having myself is that when in the configuration part of the Points &

Rewards in Admin... I Enable Products ID Restriction for a list of products and the Enable Categories ID Restriction for one category of products... and it's not working... those products are still earning points to the customer... I have searched this thread but so far no luck.. I went over my installation 3 times and can't figure out what I did... any ideas of what I might have done wrong?

Edited by mariemeh

the problem I am having myself is that when in the configuration part of the Points &

Rewards in Admin... I Enable Products ID Restriction for a list of products and the Enable Categories ID Restriction for one category of products... and it's not working... those products are still earning points to the customer... I have searched this thread but so far no luck.. I went over my installation 3 times and can't figure out what I did... any ideas of what I might have done wrong?

Read post #1309: HERE

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

maybe you've already seen this but just in case you didn't... did you see the note in the Pyapal IPN from Terra about making sure that all changes for a mod that affects the checkout_process.php file have to be applied to the paypal_ipn.php and the ipn.php files?

I have applied the changes made to paypal_ipn.php, but don't know where to insert the code in the ipn.php. Are you using Paypal.IPN contrib. by Terra too? If so is it possible to post your ipn.php so I can see where the code for this particular contrib. needs to be placed? I'm a bit lost with this now.

Thanks in advance!

Monica

Read post #1309: HERE

I had already seen your note, which I thank you for... even so... the issue still remains. What I mean to exclude for the point earning is still included. Maybe it's the way I do it. Can I exclude only a subcategory? I will go try again. thanks still for looking that up for me.

I had already seen your note, which I thank you for... even so... the issue still remains. What I mean to exclude for the point earning is still included. Maybe it's the way I do it. Can I exclude only a subcategory? I will go try again. thanks still for looking that up for me.

Sorry to be imposing on you again Chooch... but could it be that the restriction fields are to limit on what the customers can purchase with their reward points?

I have a category of items that when people purchase them I didn't want them to earn points on those purchases but upon further testing... it seems that the restriction fields restricts towards which item points can be used. Am I understanding this right? or did I really mess up something in my install?

And if I am understanding this right, is there a way for me to tell the system NOT to give points for certain items?

Thank you again greatly for your help.

I have applied the changes made to paypal_ipn.php, but don't know where to insert the code in the ipn.php. Are you using Paypal.IPN contrib. by Terra too? If so is it possible to post your ipn.php so I can see where the code for this particular contrib. needs to be placed? I'm a bit lost with this now.

Thanks in advance!

Monica

Monica, I am presently testing that part of it... I will post back as soon as I am sure all is well.

Monica, I am presently testing that part of it... I will post back as soon as I am sure all is well.

Thanks. I myself will keep dabbling to see if I can find out what to code where. Will post if I break thru!

Sorry I can not be of help to you, I do not have any products to disclose from point earning, thus have not tested that area.

Thanks. I myself will keep dabbling to see if I can find out what to code where. Will post if I break thru!

Sorry I can not be of help to you, I do not have any products to disclose from point earning, thus have not tested that area.

ok I wanted to make sure all was well... like I said earlier I am really no expert but the part with Paypal is all working so I am guessing I did it right... contrary to other contributions that affect checkout_process file, the creator of this particular contribution Deep Silver did an amazing job of including everything... even the paypal_ipn file. Nonetheless I followed the instructions of the creator to double check everything but for this contribution I didn't find anything to modify in the ipn.php file. I tried it and all is well so far. I've redeemed points as well to see if my points balance would be updated and all, and all is ok with no error messages.

hope this helps a bit.

Nonetheless I followed the instructions of the creator to double check everything but for this contribution I didn't find anything to modify in the ipn.php file.

So you have done nothing to alter the ipn.php file for this contribution? I won't touch it either then, as almost everything is working with purchasing.

A problem I've found now, since testing referrals, has to do with A referring B. B make his first order and types in A's email address at checkout. All goes well until.... A makes an order, admin sends out an email to both A and B, regarding the progress of A's order. (B doesn't need to know this and probably doesn't want too. ) This is happening everytime A orders something and it's only the first order progress email that B receives. Sounds fun ha? Maybe this is not paypal prob. anymore. Anyone got any ideas?

A problem I've found now, since testing referrals, has to do with A referring B. B make his first order and types in A's email address at checkout. All goes well until.... A makes an order, admin sends out an email to both A and B, regarding the progress of A's order. (B doesn't need to know this and probably doesn't want too. ) This is happening everytime A orders something and it's only the first order progress email that B receives. Sounds fun ha? Maybe this is not paypal prob. anymore. Anyone got any ideas?

A fool! A fool I say!

Sorry about above post.... it seems I am a fool :blush: the test account "B" has the same email address as my extra order email address!!! hahahahha! So problem solved there.... but it does help to talk it out! (well only me I assume :lol: )

A laugh for others prehaps?