• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

The idea comes from contributions...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2082

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2221

but they are not required and its NOT an update to them .

Please note that even if this contribution carry the same title as contributions 2221,

they are NOT the same and you WON'T be able to merged this module with contributions 2221.

that's the reason i did not uploaded there, if you already installed contributions 2221 or cosidering

it, you will have to make your choice amoung the two.

(NOT like contributions 2221, this module does NOT require any of the functions required

by Credit Class & Gift Voucher so you can use it with or without Gift Voucher contribution(tested)

What does this module do ?

------------------------------------

I think that the title say it all.

This is a Points and Reawrds system,(more or like a cash back or discount system)

aimed to popup sales and get new usrs to signup.

The system awards shopping points to customers for the amount they spend.

Points consider as cash when redeemed, so points are in pending status untill approved by admin.(manually)

Once approved, customers can then use those points to pay for order druing checkout.

Admin features.

1.Enable/Disable the Points System.

2.Enable/Disable the Redemptions System.(maybe you would like to offer a gift and not money back).

3.Set the number of points awarded for evry $1.00 spent(or whatever based on your currency system).

4.Set the value of each point(based on your currency system).

5.Enable/Disable points awarded for shipping fees.

6.Enable/Disable Products Restriction.

7.Set the model name allowed When Products Restriction enabled.(only one group)

8.Enable/Disable Points Limitation. and set the number. of points needed before they can be redeemed.

9.Enable/Disable Welcome Points. and set the Points amount to be auto-credited for New signup customers.

10.Admin can view/add/delete customers points with/without queuing customers points table(optimised the database).

Customes features.

* New signup customers can be awarded with welcome points.

* Customers can earn points(cash back) for an item purchased at the store.

* Customers can choose the amount of points they would like to spend.

* Customers can view their shoping points account status.

The system designed to use minimum database space, customers points hold in customers table while

all other points hold in customers_points_pending table.

Once pending points approved by admin, pending points move to customers account so table used stay optimised.

Redeemed points recorded in customers order history only.

What this module does not do ?

1.The system designed for a small to medium shops.

Since shopping points cosider as money when redeemed. awarded points default status is pending.

Customers shopping points account will never be auto-credited(except points for new signup if enabled).

if you own a large shop with lots of orders daily, it could be hard to keep track of points

then this system is NOT for you.

2.When admin delete order while points status for that order is still pending. those points will also be

deleted, however if admin already approved those points, admin must delete them manually(via admin panel).

This module as been tested on a fresh install of osCommerce Version 2.2MS2

as well as on a fully modified versions (includes Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution).

Please use it at your own risk.

This zip package includes...

* A folder contain all files and images required by this module .(sorry,only english language files provided).

* A folder contain all images, new and modified files required by this module (for a fresh install).

* A folder contain screenshots admin and catalog(I think that all contributions uploaded here should have).

* Step by step installation instrctions(corrently only in english).

All support handled through the osCommerce forums. Please do not email directly.

As a respect to the contributors and as part of GNU General Public License

You are not allowed to remove any of the comments/links to oscommerce web site.

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

I must commend you on your efforts! I've gone through the installation file and looked at the code and it looks all good. Can't wait to get this installed on some shops! Definitely an awesome addon/contribution you've provided here.

Looks simple enough to install especially with the provided installation text file. Lots of details which should help even the php newcomers if they follow it step by step.

I'll report in later...

Excellent job DS!

G. open catalog/create_account_success.php

Clear sessions used at checkout if by any chance they still active.

Find... (aprox. line 24)

tep_session_unregister('comments');

... and add after.....

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points');// Points/Rewards Module v1.00

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points_spending');// Points/Rewards Module v1.00

Could not find "tep_session_unregister('comments');"

Does this package also include the referall point system ? You mention that its based on the contribution doing this but I cannot see anything refering to this feature in your description ?

Great job nonetheless

Error when I open my_points.php

Warning: Missing argument 1 for tep_get_shopping_points() in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/evabijoux/includes/functions/redemptions.php on line 17

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_count_pending_rows() in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/evabijoux/my_points.php on line 72

Warning: Missing argument 1 for tep_get_shopping_points() in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/evabijoux/includes/functions/redemptions.php on line 17

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_count_pending_rows() in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/evabijoux/my_points.php on line 72

I am getting the same error--you're not alone! Any help for this?

Thanks!

Hello ~

This sounds great, as I am really looking for a "Rewards" program that works. I have tried the other one, and it didn't work :( So I had it taken off.

Just a couple of question....

1) How long would it take to install this?

2) After the admin awards the points (from the pending status) where will the customer be able to view these points?

3) Will the points be shown also at the checkout screen, so the customer can choose how many points they would like to use to pay for thier purchsase?

4) If they don't have enough points, will the balance show the remaining amount to pay, at which that time they can checkout and pay with a credit card etc...

Please let me know.....as I really would like to have this on my site.

Thanks Becky

The install is simple.  Just didn't work on my site.

Hello,

When you say simple, about how long did it take you? Have you ever tried the other Rewards Points contribution?

I'm curious to know what happened, why it didn't work for you.

I really want to have some sort of "rewards" program for my site, but am running into to many problems.

Any help, would be appreciated :)

Thanks ~ Becky

The idea comes from contributions...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2082

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2221

but they are not required and its NOT an update to them .

Please note that even if this contribution carry the same title as contributions 2221,

they are NOT the same and you WON'T be able to merged this module with contributions 2221.

that's the reason i did not uploaded  there, if you already installed contributions 2221 or cosidering

it, you will have to make your choice amoung the two.

(NOT like contributions 2221, this module does NOT require any of the functions required

by Credit Class & Gift Voucher so you can use it with or without Gift Voucher contribution(tested)

What does this module do ?

I think that the title say it all.

This is a Points and Reawrds system,(more or like a cash back or discount system)

aimed to popup sales and get new usrs to signup.

The system awards shopping points to customers for the amount they spend.

Points consider as cash when redeemed, so points are in pending status untill approved by admin.(manually)

Once approved, customers can then use those points to pay for order druing checkout.

Admin features.

1.Enable/Disable the Points System.

2.Enable/Disable the Redemptions System.(maybe you would like to offer a gift and not money back).

3.Set the number of points awarded for evry $1.00 spent(or whatever based on your currency system).

4.Set the value of each point(based on your currency system).

5.Enable/Disable points awarded for shipping fees.

6.Enable/Disable Products Restriction.

7.Set the model name allowed When Products Restriction enabled.(only one group)

8.Enable/Disable Points Limitation. and set the number. of points needed before they can be redeemed.

9.Enable/Disable Welcome Points. and set the Points amount to be auto-credited for New signup customers.

10.Admin can view/add/delete customers points with/without queuing customers points table(optimised the database).

Customes features.

* New signup customers can be awarded with welcome points.

* Customers can earn points(cash back) for an item purchased at the store.

* Customers can choose the amount of points they would like to spend.

* Customers can view their shoping points account status.

The system designed to use minimum database space, customers points hold in customers table while

all other points hold in customers_points_pending table.

Once pending points approved by admin, pending points move to customers account so table used stay optimised.

Redeemed points recorded in customers order history only.

What this module does not do ?

1.The system designed for a small to medium shops.

Since shopping points cosider as money when redeemed. awarded points default status is pending.

Customers shopping points account will never be auto-credited(except points for new signup if enabled).

if you own a large shop with lots of orders daily, it could be hard to keep track of points

then this system is NOT for you.

2.When admin delete order while points status for that order is still pending. those points will also be

deleted, however if admin already approved those points, admin must delete them manually(via admin panel).

This module as been tested on a fresh install of osCommerce Version 2.2MS2

as well as on a fully modified versions (includes Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution).

Please use it at your own risk.

This zip package includes...

* A folder contain all files and images required by this module .(sorry,only english language files provided).

* A folder contain all images, new and modified files required by this module (for a fresh install).

* A folder contain screenshots admin and catalog(I think that all contributions uploaded here should have).

* Step by step installation instrctions(corrently only in english).

All support handled through the osCommerce forums. Please do not email directly.

As a respect to the contributors and as part of GNU General Public License

You are not allowed to remove any of the comments/links to oscommerce web site.

If my question gets posted 2x sorry..new to the forum.

Hello ~

This sounds great, as I am really looking for a "Rewards" program that works. I have tried the other one, and it didn't work So I had it taken off.

Just a couple of question....

1) How long would it take to install this?

2) After the admin awards the points (from the pending status) where will the customer be able to view these points?

3) Will the points be shown also at the checkout screen, so the customer can choose how many points they would like to use to pay for thier purchsase?

4) If they don't have enough points, will the balance show the remaining amount to pay, at which that time they can checkout and pay with a credit card etc...

Thanks Becky

G.  open catalog/create_account_success.php

Find... (aprox. line 24)

... and add after.....

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points');// Points/Rewards  Module v1.00

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points_spending');// Points/Rewards  Module v1.00

Could not find "tep_session_unregister('comments');"

Hi evrybody.

Thanks for your interest in this module.

I made a mistake the STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION instrctions chapter G.

This is the correction for chepter C.

##############################################

G. open catalog/checkout_process.php

Find... (aprox. line 275)

... and add after.....

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points');// Points/Rewards Module v1.00

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points_spending');// Points/Rewards Module v1.00

I've tested this on a some shops.

and on my pc with windows server and sql version 4.0 php version 4.3.

I will now try to set up a live test shop on my server to give some more

idea and maybe find any error while using linux system with apache

Hi evrybody.

Thanks for your interest in this module.

I made a mistake the STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION  instrctions chapter G.

This is the correction for chepter C.

G.  open catalog/checkout_process.php

Find... (aprox. line 275)

... and add after.....

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points');// Points/Rewards  Module v1.00

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points_spending');// Points/Rewards  Module v1.00

I've tested this on a some shops.

and on my pc with windows server and sql version 4.0 php version 4.3.

I will now try to set up a live test shop on my server to give some more

idea and maybe find any error while using linux system with apache

Hello Again :)

Can you let me know about how long it takes to do this install and to complete it,

also the following:

Thanks Becky

Yep, i'm getting the same problem aswell.

Seems there's a missing install step or 2, hopefully the author will notice this and correct it.

Cheers

Fatmcgav

I am getting the same error--you're not alone! Any help for this?

Thanks!

same error for me

Warning: Missing argument 1 for tep_get_shopping_points() in /home/www/****/web/shop/includes/functions/redemptions.php on line 17

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_count_pending_rows() in /home/www/****/web/shop/my_points.php on line 72

also the shopping cart of the customer is broken now ..

i can access it throught url/account.php but it didnt display the right columns and didnt display the point box ...

thx for this contrib, hope u'll get it work soon ;)

also i notice that the currency is in Yen... where could we change that ?

Uh, to change that, your guna have to go into PhpMyAdmin - or watever u used to edit ure DB - and manually change the db entries.

To display the corresponding entries, in the SQL field, enter the following query:

SELECT *
FROM `configuration`
WHERE `configuration_group_id` = 22

From here, you can select the corresponding entries, and edit them to change the currency to your corresponding one, or watever u want.

Alternatively, if you want the YEN changed to ?, then you can enter the following code into the SQL box to change it, as this is the mod's i made to make it ?.

UPDATE `configuration` SET `configuration_title` = 'Points per ?1 purchase',
`use_function` = NULL ,
`set_function` = NULL WHERE `configuration_id` =191 LIMIT 1;

UPDATE `configuration` SET `configuration_title` = '? Redeem per point',
`use_function` = NULL ,
`set_function` = NULL WHERE `configuration_id` =192 LIMIT 1;

...also the shopping cart of the customer is broken now ..

i can access it throught url/account.php but it didnt display the right columns and didnt display the point box ...

Yeh, the cart would be broken, as the two missing functions are also referenced from the checkout pages...

So until they're added, the cart will remain broken ;)

HTH

Fatmcgav

Edited by fatmcgav

Hello Again :)

Can you let me know about how long it takes to do this install and to complete it,

also the following:

Thanks Becky

Hi there.

i think that the answer to all of that can be found in the readme and install files

(you did read it right??????)

INSTALL.txt (line no.30)

####### STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION ################

installation procces aprox. 45.min

did you see that. well i can't really tell you how long it well take its really case by case. if you so worried don't install it.

I am having the same problem also. Anyone figure it out yet?

Thanks,

Andrea

To all of you trying to install this.

I just want to tell you that i worked hard for this and the sceenshots provided

are not something that i drow, those are reall sceenshoots on a fresh install.

so i wanted to share this with oscommerce Community.

I will try to do my best to try to help people with this module but, please don't just post an error . Please make sure you give as much information as possible. like php,sql,server fresh install or not.

Its seem like it works for some shops and give a hard time to some others the best way is to test it on a fresh install and not to modify yours, see how it goes and if it works for you then you should give it a try.(if you want).

To all out there that worry about the YEN shown on this module its just a word you can change it with whatever you want its really DONT matter the real count is in the value box so if your value box say 0.1 and your currency set to $, the Exchange Rates will show : Awards : $1.00 = 1 point(s) Redeem : 1 point(s) = $0.10 in the admin page so if you still care that it say YEN and not DOLLAR then go ahead in change this word in redemptions.sql(line 36 and 37)before execute the statements.

(some modified shop maybe need to work this out so it will function well)

there are maybe some bugs or whatever makes it go wrong i eally don't know since i tested it on my pc and friends shop. i made this for a friend of mine. she needed it for her live shop located in japan.(i've been asked not to give the site name).

When i live shop will be ready i will post the links to it here.

till then don't rush( you waited so long for such a module so wait just a little more)

This mod as just uploaded and considers as beta, like any other modules out there people fix bugs or try to improve or just ajust it to thier need.)

Just keep it on a small fire come back once in a while and check the forum for

some usefull infromation and then maybe when you see enough seccessfull install posted here that the right time to install it.

To all of you trying to install this.

I just want to tell you that i worked hard for this and the sceenshots provided

are not something that i drow, those are reall sceenshoots on a fresh install.

so i wanted to share this with oscommerce Community.

I will try to do my best to try to help people with this module but, please don't just post an error . Please make sure you give as much information as possible. like php,sql,server fresh install or not.

Its seem like it works for some shops and give a hard time to some others the best way is to test it on a fresh install and not to modify yours, see how it goes and if it works for you then you should give it a try.(if you want).

To all out there that worry about the YEN shown on this module its just a word you can change it with whatever you want its really DONT matter the real count is in the value box so if your value box say 0.1 and your currency set to $, the Exchange Rates will show :    Awards : $1.00 = 1  point(s)    Redeem : 1  point(s) = $0.10 in the admin page so if you still care that it say YEN and not DOLLAR then go ahead in change this word in redemptions.sql(line 36 and 37)before  execute the statements.

(some modified shop maybe need to work this out so it will function well)

there are maybe some bugs or whatever makes it go wrong i eally don't know since i tested it on my pc and friends shop. i made this for a friend of mine. she needed it for her live shop located in japan.(i've been asked not to give the site name).

When i live shop will be ready i will post the links to it here.

till then don't rush( you waited so long for such a module so wait just a little more)

This mod as just uploaded and considers as beta, like any other modules out there people fix bugs or try to improve or just ajust it to thier need.)

Just keep it on a small fire come back once in a while and check the forum for

some usefull infromation and then maybe when you see enough seccessfull install posted here that the right time to install it.

To make sure everyone knows this is a beta project and that there are errors ... please upload the contribution again and in the subject screen ... please enter the URL for support (this topic) and warn users to read the support link before installing this. Please rename your contribution to *Points & Rewards Module BETA*

Thanks.

To make sure everyone knows this is a beta project and that maybe there are errors, bugs or god knows what.

The zip uploaded in oscommerce contributions site only contain this *Points & Rewards Module BETA* with ONLY files needed.

I've setup a test shop in order for you to test this module, please pay respact and try not to spend long time logedin so others can test it as well.

Products shown are for demonstrational purposes, any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed and no mail will sent in or out via this site.. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.

To test the customer side please use...

http://www.deep-silver.com/shop/

E-Mail Address: [email protected]

Password: users

to test the admin use this link

http://www.deep-silver.com/shop/admin/

if you like it you will be able to downloaded from the test site

and here.....

http://www.deep-silver.com/oscommerce/poin...eward_v1.00.zip

Please note that the test shop is there for short time only.(untill end of Jun.2005)

sorry evryone.

Ok it looks like this works fine on a stock osC store. To find out where the problem lies with a modified store, please everyone, JUST POST WHAT CONTRIBUTIONS YOU HAVE ON YOUR STORE.

Well start nipping away at this as this is a really nice contribution!

Thank you for your time and afford.

Now when the test shop is on and runing well (I hope.) i can try to help and do my best the most importent is that anybody who download this make sure to get the full version from my site and to check to make sure no errors accure while downloading the zip. some people get broken files from some resons.

I'm sorry but I had to limit the admin section and I'm sure that you understand.

I don't know how much longer i can keep this test site on since it bring lots of traffic to my site. so the sever load is slow. also people making change to admin section while others trying the customer side test and thats make a lot of mass

with the points result and i think that you know what i mean.

Thank you again.

DEEP SILVER